UGA c/o 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So some people have gotten in or been waitlisted without having references called? None of my references have told me they've gotten a call, but also not sure if they would keep it a secret from me or not.

Members don't see this ad.

So some people have gotten in or been waitlisted without having references called? None of my references have told me they've gotten a call, but also not sure if they would keep it a secret from me or not.
I think so. At least anecdotally from other threads

Don’t take my word for it but there have been rumors at the CVM that decisions may be released Friday.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Don’t take my word for it but there have been rumors at the CVM that decisions may be released Friday.
Hopefully! If that conference room is booked (previously mentioned in thread) hoping it could be as early as Wednesday!

Reactions: 1 user
I heard this from a vet that heard it from somebody at the CVM as well. My advisor also said that they typically send decisions out on the last Friday in February and that last year was an exception since they were delayed. I'm thinking Friday afternoon for sure!

Reactions: 1 users
This will be the longest week of my life 😂

Reactions: 6 users
Hi guys. On the plus side, they said that the latest decisions would be out is late February, and we only have 8 more days in February left....

I'm late to the game on this, but I do have some in-state statistics from last cycle. These numbers were provided by Parker Moore at a Pre-Vet Club meeting at UGA.

UGA CVM Program has a 97% pass rate for the NAVLE and a 99% retention rate.
Of all criteria, the only true tried predictor on a student's success in their GRE score, however UGA did opt to throw that out after this cycle.
56 of the students in the Class of 2026 completed their undergraduate at the University of Georgia.
98% of students coming into the program have a four-year degree.
At least 50% of the class of 2026 had a withdraw (W) on their transcript.
The average IS student GPA was a 3.63 with a 3.55 Science GPA and a 3.68 Last 45hr. (Class of 2026), the Median Hours were 850.
- According to Parker, 50% of the class had these stats exactly or below in the c/o 2026.

Good luck to everyone. I am truly praying, hoping, and holding onto faith. Regardless we are in the home stretch and are all qualified to become veterinarians!

Reactions: 4 users
Hi guys. On the plus side, they said that the latest decisions would be out is late February, and we only have 8 more days in February left....

I'm late to the game on this, but I do have some in-state statistics from last cycle. These numbers were provided by Parker Moore at a Pre-Vet Club meeting at UGA.

UGA CVM Program has a 97% pass rate for the NAVLE and a 99% retention rate.
Of all criteria, the only true tried predictor on a student's success in their GRE score, however UGA did opt to throw that out after this cycle.
56 of the students in the Class of 2026 completed their undergraduate at the University of Georgia.
98% of students coming into the program have a four-year degree.
At least 50% of the class of 2026 had a withdraw (W) on their transcript.
The average IS student GPA was a 3.63 with a 3.55 Science GPA and a 3.68 Last 45hr. (Class of 2026), the Median Hours were 850.
- According to Parker, 50% of the class had these stats exactly or below in the c/o 2026.

Good luck to everyone. I am truly praying, hoping, and holding onto faith. Regardless we are in the home stretch and are all qualified to become veterinarians!
Thank you!!
I really hope they’re more lenient with gre scores this cycle since they are doing away with it!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if they’re still calling recommenders? Mine haven’t been called, so I’m stressing. I’m sure I’m overthinking it, but I was just wondering if anyone knew!

I found out today that a 2nd recommender of mine was called yesterday. Trying not to overthink things 😭

I found out today that a 2nd recommender of mine was called yesterday. Trying not to overthink things 😭
Apparently they usually call 2 so I wouldn't worry about that!

Does anyone know if they’re still calling recommenders? Mine haven’t been called, so I’m stressing. I’m sure I’m overthinking it, but I was just wondering if anyone knew!
I think someone above said they were calling through yesterday. I have not heard from any of my recommenders that they’ve been called, but I also haven’t asked, I feel like I’d rather not know lol. I’ve seen in previous years that people have been accepted without any references called, so I wouldn’t worry too much about it. I am so nervous, I haven’t been able to focus on anything the past few days! I’m a UGA alum and adore the school. But I’m also a first time non-traditional applicant with a lower GPA. Crossing my fingers for all of us!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know how many oos spots UGA has
Here are last year's numbers
1677032012369.png

I think the conference room was booked starting at 12pm so maybe they were calling last minute references right before 12.

I got confirmation today from an ambassador that all the letters are made and decisions will come out this Friday, but it may be late afternoon around 3-4pm

Reactions: 2 users
I think someone above said they were calling through yesterday. I have not heard from any of my recommenders that they’ve been called, but I also haven’t asked, I feel like I’d rather not know lol. I’ve seen in previous years that people have been accepted without any references called, so I wouldn’t worry too much about it. I am so nervous, I haven’t been able to focus on anything the past few days! I’m a UGA alum and adore the school. But I’m also a first time non-traditional applicant with a lower GPA. Crossing my fingers for all of us!
Like I said, Parker said 50% of admitted students had the exact stats I sent earlier or below. What's meant to be will be. <3 Don't stress too much over a lower GPA, I have a lower than average GPA, too!

Does that mean they're emailing us and sending out letters?

I’m not sure. They told me that “letters are printed and on the desk of admissions.” I don’t know if it’s accepted letters only or what, but they’re just waiting to send them out!

I’m not sure. They told me that “letters are printed and on the desk of admissions.” I don’t know if it’s accepted letters only or what, but they’re just waiting to send them out!
It may be something like an accepted students packet that gets physically mailed out after we get the decision emails?

what time did they tell you this? freaking out that im an alternate or rejected bc mine was called later

I talked to them around 1 I think. Don’t stress too much! My recommenders haven’t even been called (to my knowledge), so I’m just hoping for the best

I turned my Gmail notifications off for the rest of the week 😂

I turned my Gmail notifications off for the rest of the week 😂
Yeah, my notifications are turned off too. I'm not even bringing my phone to work on Friday because I don't want to be constantly checking it/find out when I'm not home

Hey guys! It has come to our attention that there has been conflicting information regarding the status and timing of admissions decisions. As a reminder, you should take information from students and other applicants with a grain of salt. Your best source will always be the school's admissions office.

Reactions: 8 users
slowly watching the # of members joining the fb page wondering if today is the day or if it’s tomorrow or next week???
giphy.gif
Yeah. That's interesting. Are they sending acceptances already for the number of people joining the Facebook page? Hmm

As someone who has applied before in the past, they add ambassadors and other current UGA people, they haven't sent out acceptances yet even if people are being added to the facebook group! No worries! :) I know it's hard to wait!

Reactions: 4 users
Freaking out rn not gonna lie. Fingers crossed. Good luck everyone!