UGA c/o 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS Acceptance!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS waitlist. Unfortunately didn’t qualify for a SC contract seat even though I live there but I might reach out again and see if I can be put on the SC waitlist too if possible because I might qualify now.

IS alternate. Does anyone know how many alternate spots there are?

Members don't see this ad :)
Current first year popping by just to say:
To those who didn't get in this year, your time will come- I know so many amazing doctors and classmates who took multiple cycles to get in. They're brilliant and no less of a veterinarian or vet student than anyone else, sometimes the timing is just off.
To those who got in, congratulations! I know the wait has been long and you're ecstatic. Take these next few months (especially this summer) to relax and give yourself a break before vet school begins- you'll really hit the ground running.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to message me! First years are almost done with a busy month of many, many exams and I'm more than willing to chat with people as a distraction/break from studying lol

Reactions: 2 users
OOS rejection. Congratulations to those who were accepted. Thank God have 3 other offers.

• Care
First year vet student here (was an IS GA applicant). Consider the CBS Masters one year non thesis program (online or in-person…I did in-person) if you don’t get in. It’s what got me in the second time and I felt involved and connected with the vet school community by doing it. I got to go to many of the vet school events and make connections with the wonderful faculty. Also, another perk is you can take some vet school classes along the way. Great use of your time. The link is: Comparative Biomedical Sciences - University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
OOS rejection, totally expected though since there were so many applicants for so few seats. I'll be heading to my IS school in the fall :)

• Care
OOS waitlisted! Does anyone know if they contact people accepted off it before April 17th or do they wait until afterwards?

• Care
OOS alternate but will be declining my spot on the waitlist. HUGE congratulations to everyone accepted!

OOS waitlisted! Does anyone know if they contact people accepted off it before April 17th or do they wait until afterwards?
I’m not completely sure but I assume nothing will happen until all alternates turn in their forms April 17. Then I guess they’ll have a ranking and I feel like that would be the most logical time to start accepting from the list.

Do we physically mail in our letters to stay on the alternate list? Or email them back a signed copy?

For those in the dreaded waitlist position for IS, there was a total of 7-9 IS GA residents last year (or right around there) that got off. It does move a good bit.
As someone once told me: keep your head up and stay the course with what you're currently doing. Hopefully you'll get that lucky phone call from Parker stating you got off between now and April 15th or sometime after. I got mine on April 5th/6th and I was around 4th/5th on the list. The waitlists are separated into IS GA, IS SC, OOS, Delaware, etc btw. People who are IS may make decisions to go elsewhere because they like other campuses better, they plan to move somewhere else, get a high scholarship, or some other reason. Stay positive and good luck:)

Reactions: 3 users
First year vet student here (was an IS GA applicant). Consider the CBS Masters program if you don’t get in. It’s what got me in the second time and I felt involved and connected with the vet school community by doing it. I got to go to many of the vet school events and make connections with the wonderful faculty. Also, another perk is you can take some vet school classes along the way. Great use of your time. Feel free to contact me on instagram via a DM if you have a question about it, as I am not on here very much (my info is bsillydude).
The link is: Comparative Biomedical Sciences - University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine
I also was rejected my first cycle and did this masters program and was accepted my second cycle (also a current first year). Because I lived near Athens anyway I was able to work at the VTH as a student employee (but had full time hours) and that helped boost my LA experience. Also, because I was a UGA student I reached out to researchers and was able to work in a lab during my gap year. Moral of the story, it's a good program, opens doors for you, and even if you don't live near Athens, because its online you have the flexibility to gain other experiences.

I am on the OOS alternate list but I plan to turn down my spot. Hope this is good news for some of you!! Good luck :)

Hi! I was recently accepted to UGA CVM! I was wondering if any current students would share some info about the day to day, grading, dress code, things they wish they knew etc. thank you!

Congratulations to those that got accepted!

Wondering if anyone knows about housing for the vet school. Do most people live on or off campus? Anyone have any good resources? Thanks!

Does anyone know if they have a dress code? I can’t find anything on their website saying if they require professional dress or not

Does anyone know if they have a dress code? I can’t find anything on their website saying if they require professional dress or not
Hi! We don't have an enforced dress code other than for things like anatomy lab or an occasional event of some sort. You can pretty much wear what you please so long as it's not PJs!

Hi! We don't have an enforced dress code other than for things like anatomy lab or an occasional event of some sort. You can pretty much wear what you please so long as it's not PJs!
Thank you!

Congratulations to those that got accepted!

Wondering if anyone knows about housing for the vet school. Do most people live on or off campus? Anyone have any good resources? Thanks!
Everyone lives off campus, as far as I'm aware. Most students find a roommate or two and end up in a condo, house, or apartment of some sort. Many vet students live on the east side, near the Veterinary Teaching Hospital, or somewhere between the VTH and the classic campus vet school. Last year, there was also a document posted in the facebook group with housing opportunities if you end up struggling to find options- wouldn't be surprised if that ends up happening again in a month or two. If you PM me I can point you towards a few complexes that a number of students end up in!

Question for current students: Does UGA have specific technology requirements? I want to get an iPad for vet school ASAP so I can use it for the rest of undergrad, but I am still undecided on where I will attend. Just want to make sure first that none of my potential schools have technology requirements.

Question for current students: Does UGA have specific technology requirements? I want to get an iPad for vet school ASAP so I can use it for the rest of undergrad, but I am still undecided on where I will attend. Just want to make sure first that none of my potential schools have technology requirements.
Hi! I attached a screenshot of what we were told last year, would assume it would be about the same. Tons of people have iPads, but you also need a computer because some of the applications we use (like exam software) won't work on iPads. Past that, they didn't mention anything about tablet requirements. For computers, they recommended a MacBook Air or Pro (I know you're thinking more about tablets but in case anyone else needs the info!).
Screenshot 2023-02-26 at 10.54.50 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-02-26 at 10.58.47 AM.png

Reactions: 2 users
SC contract acceptance! Now to decide between UGA and Mississippi State :eek:

Hi! I attached a screenshot of what we were told last year, would assume it would be about the same. Tons of people have iPads, but you also need a computer because some of the applications we use (like exam software) won't work on iPads. Past that, they didn't mention anything about tablet requirements. For computers, they recommended a MacBook Air or Pro (I know you're thinking more about tablets but in case anyone else needs the info!).
Are we required to have a Mac OS? I have a Windows laptop that is relatively new.

Another question - when do we find out about loans, financial aid, etc? Will we get them in advance enough to pay for housing or will we likely need to front the money?

Has anybody gotten a confirmation that they received your alternate form? I emailed it but am irrationally paranoid that they won't see it and I won't be put on the list lol

Has anybody gotten a confirmation that they received your alternate form? I emailed it but am irrationally paranoid that they won't see it and I won't be put on the list lol
I didn’t hear back from Parker after submitting mine. I think he’s probably got a lot going on so I was just going to leave it until April and check in to make sure it was received.

I did get an email back from Parker saying “thanks, Danielle!”

Does anyone know how many alternates they typically choose?
I have been looking through the forums and in 2020 I know they at least got down to like #8, but in 2017 they got all the way down to #30