UGA c/o 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have been looking through the forums and in 2020 I know they at least got down to like #8, but in 2017 they got all the way down to #30
Is this for IS?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if they care about scrub colors? I only ask because some vet schools have certain classes wear certain colors. I want to treat myself to some figs but not if I buy the wrong color lol
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they care about scrub colors? I only ask because some vet schools have certain classes wear certain colors. I want to treat myself to some figs but not if I buy the wrong color lol
Thanks!
Once you get to clinics, students wear navy (outside of the large animal rotations). But before that, it really doesn't matter!

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if UGA holds any tours or events for accepted/waitlisted students?

does anyone know if you can drop a course for a W and it not affect your admissions? i took cell bio last semester and got a D and am retaking it this semester bc i didnt know if i would get in this cycle. i dont want anything to affect my acceptance but id really rather not keep studying for it lol

Hi! I'm a first year at UGA and would love to chat! Sorry no one has responded to this yet, I think a number of us tend to be on the Pre-vet forum and don't look at this one as much.

Day to day: We tend to start class in the mornings at 8 or 9, and finish around 4. We get a lunch break from 12-1, and there are club meetings during that time (often with food provided!) that you can attend. The schedule varies from day to day so some days are shorter, others are longer. First semester and most of second semester, we have "wellness Wednesday," which means that we get Wednesday mornings off from scheduled classes (people use this time for appointments, extra sleep, studying, etc). In your first year, it's lectures in the morning and labs/the occasional lecture in the afternoon. We tend to have anatomy ~3 times a week (with some variation). All lectures are recorded, so if you miss something or need to review, you can easily access it online. Outside of scheduled class time, people head home or to various spots on campus to take a break and hit some studying. If you're a group studier, lots of students study at each others houses, the teaching hospital, etc. Some people work in the teaching hospital in their free time on one of the treatment crews or in other positions, so that may be added into their schedules if someone is interested.

Grading: standard grading scale, every once in a while they'll throw in something small that's pass/fail.

Dress code: we don't really have one. Scrubs and closed toed shoes for things like anatomy lab, boots for farm visits, but outside of that you can wear what you please! Wouldn't necessarily show up in PJs but they don't expect you to be in business attire every time you show up to class- things like t-shirts and leggings are pretty common on non-lab days.

Things I wish I knew: I don't necessarily know if there's anything that completely shocked me about coming here, though there were a few things that I did mildly surprise me. For one, I expected vet school exams to be exceedingly difficult in the questions and content- similar to my upper level science courses from undergrad. What I found (and maybe this is just a me thing) is that the exams themselves weren't as difficult, but what made it hard was the number of exams we were taking and having much shorter periods to prepare for them/having to study for multiple exams at once. This was a bit of an adjustment for me. Past that, I would just say that I learned how important it was to be open socially and to not judge people by their cover! People come to UGA from all over the state and US, and they've all got different backgrounds/personalities. I've bonded with people I wouldn't have thought I would, all because I learned to keep an open mind.

If you have any more questions, feel free to let me know! I kinda stayed away from talking about individual classes and such because the incoming class has the new curriculum so the amount of advice I can give on that front is a bit limited :)

Reactions: 1 users
do any current students have any recommendations on where to live? also, do most people have roommates?

do any current students have any recommendations on where to live? also, do most people have roommates?
Hi! First year here- I can message you with a few apartment complexes that I've sent to others. Most vet students I know live on the east side near the teaching hospital.

I'd say that most (though not all) of the students I know have a roommate or two. Some people, like myself, live alone, and others live with their significant others. There's perks to living with others, there's perks to living alone. I chose to live alone because I had bad luck with roommates at my undergrad. While I'm happy with my decision because it's less stress for me, I do recognize that sometimes I miss out socially because of this. It's honestly personal preference and what works best for you financially.

Hi! First year here- I can message you with a few apartment complexes that I've sent to others. Most vet students I know live on the east side near the teaching hospital.

I'd say that most (though not all) of the students I know have a roommate or two. Some people, like myself, live alone, and others live with their significant others. There's perks to living with others, there's perks to living alone. I chose to live alone because I had bad luck with roommates at my undergrad. While I'm happy with my decision because it's less stress for me, I do recognize that sometimes I miss out socially because of this. It's honestly personal preference and what works best for you financially.

I would love if you could also send me those apartment complexes! I plan to live alone and my boyfriend will move down at the end of the year.

Does anybody know if it possible for an OOS student to become a state resident and get IS tuition?

Is there a time/distance restriction for where we can live? I know some schools want you to be within 30 minutes of the hospital, but I forgot to ask about this on the accepted students' day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a time/distance restriction for where we can live? I know some schools want you to be within 30 minutes of the hospital, but I forgot to ask about this on the accepted students' day.
One of the current students said that it's within 15 minutes of the hospital

One of the current students said that it's within 15 minutes of the hospital
I think this is for when you're in clinics, but not necessarily when you're in your first/second years. I'm a first year and I don't remember anybody telling us how close we had to live! @tmandre23

Still waiting on the alternate list 🥲. The wait has been so difficult, especially because so many telemarketers have been calling lately! I was wondering if any accepted students can speak to the preparation for the start of the semester? I heard your suppose to get rabies vaccines? Can you apply for scholarships? What else is required before the start of the semester? I know alternates can be accepted all the way up until the start of classes so I didn’t know if there’s something I could do to prepare/keep my mind off the wait?

I don’t think we should expect any waitlist movement until after the deadline in April!

I don’t think we should expect any waitlist movement until after the deadline in April!
Yea, I think this is probably the case too. But, it did look like a few people got called in early April based on last years thread!

Yea, I think this is probably the case too. But, it did look like a few people got called in early April based on last years thread!
Oh yeah, just read through those! Fingers crossed!! Can anyone find information on how long the IS waitlist typically is? I've struggled to find anything information on that but I've been curious.

Hey everyone! I just wanted to reach out and share a housing opportunity. I will be an incoming first-year at UGA and am looking for a roommate to share a 4 bedroom 3 bathroom home with (3 people in the house total, planning on making the fourth room a guest room/study space). If you are interested feel free to message me and I can share contact information and some more information about the house. Excited to meet you all in the fall.

Has everyone made their decisions for which school you will attend?

Hey guys! With finding out our rank soon I was wondering if anyone knows what is considered "high" on an OOS waitlist. I just want to have a general idea of what my rank indicates if/when I find out. Thanks!

Oh yeah, just read through those! Fingers crossed!! Can anyone find information on how long the IS waitlist typically is? I've struggled to find anything information on that but I've been curious.
I spoke with Parker Moore a few weeks ago and he told me that there are only 15 students on the IS waitlist but did not give me any clue as to my rank. No idea how much that will move though but I guess we will find out Monday.

I spoke with Parker Moore a few weeks ago and he told me that there are only 15 students on the IS waitlist but did not give me any clue as to my rank. No idea how much that will move though but I guess we will find out Monday.
Did he say how many are on the OOS list?

Oh that's great information, thank you! I briefly met him last week and meant to ask that question. I was so nervous that I forgot to ask him 😂

I just accepted a seat at an OOS school, so hope one of y'all gets my seat!

• Love
For those of us on the IS/OOS alternate list, should I call today or will they send out an email on what position I am on it?

For those of us on the IS/OOS alternate list, should I call today or will they send out an email on what position I am on it?
I think since some people may still be accepting today, I am going to call tomorrow. I don’t think they email you automatically your rank, you have to ask for the rank, so I was planning on calling since I have a feeling Parker will be bogged down with emails.

I think since some people may still be accepting today, I am going to call tomorrow. I don’t think they email you automatically your rank, you have to ask for the rank, so I was planning on calling since I have a feeling Parker will be bogged down with emails.
But if you do end up calling today and they let you know your rank please update us!

According to the forums from last year Parker was calling people off the waitlist on the 15th (last years deadline), so maybe he’ll be making some calls today!

Reactions: 3 users
I don’t want to be annoying by calling today because I’m sure they’re busy, but I am so nervous about where I am on it.

I believe it said that we could only find out our rank after the 17th.

Okay, so I’m first on the alternate list, but I also don’t know how many people have already been pulled off. So I’m even more nervous now.

Does anyone know how many people are on the OOS waitlist?

My daughter was just pulled from the SC Contract waitlist!!! So excited!

I just called Parker and he said I am #1 on the OOS waitlist as of right now! He said that the people he already reached out to have until Thursday to respond. So there are good chances that more of us will be hearing either tomorrow or Friday

Just found out I’m #23 on the OOS list. Anyone know if this is good or not? Or how many total are on the list? Currently trying to decide if I accept my off the waitlist at Illinois or keep my seat that I’ve paid for at LIU but also need to take into account my chances at UGA and other schools I’m waitlisted at… so grateful to have options but this is so stressful!!!

I just called Parker and he said I am #1 on the OOS waitlist as of right now! He said that the people he already reached out to have until Thursday to respond. So there are good chances that more of us will be hearing either tomorrow or Friday
Do you know if he means the people he reached out to were on the waitlist already and they might decline?

Do you know if he means the people he reached out to were on the waitlist already and they might decline?
Yep, that’s what he meant. I’m not sure how many people he has already reached out to on the OOS waitlist. So at this point, if everyone that he has already reached out to on the OOS waitlist says yes, then the OOS pool will be filled, and it would just depend on someone giving up their deposit and going somewhere else instead. Hopefully that makes sense!

Yep, that’s what he meant. I’m not sure how many people he has already reached out to on the OOS waitlist. So at this point, if everyone that he has already reached out to on the OOS waitlist says yes, then the OOS pool will be filled, and it would just depend on someone giving up their deposit and going somewhere else instead. Hopefully that makes sense!
Yes that makes sense, thank you! I’m number 6 right now so will just have to wait and see what happens

For those who were already pulled from the IS/OOS waitlist on Monday, what time is the deadline today to let UGA know? Just curious to see if Parker is going to make more calls today or tomorrow. Thanks!!

Anyone know how much the OOS waitlist moved last year?