University of Arizona C/O 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello! This is the University of Arizona CVM admissions office. I just wanted to give an update on applications. We review and score supplemental applications as they come in. Right now we are reviewing applications from the end of September to the beginning of October. If you submitted your supplemental at the beginning of September or August, please email us at [email protected] to check the status of your application. Once your supplemental is scored, you will receive an email indicating your application is under review for an MMI invite. We send MMI invites from October to February of 2022. No one is declined during this time as we review your application weekly for an interview invite. As always if you have specific questions on the status of your application please reach out! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Hello! This is the University of Arizona CVM admissions office. I just wanted to give an update on applications. We review and score supplemental applications as they come in. Right now we are reviewing applications from the end of September to the beginning of October. If you submitted your supplemental at the beginning of September or August, please email us at [email protected] to check the status of your application. Once your supplemental is scored, you will receive an email indicating your application is under review for an MMI invite. We send MMI invites from October to February of 2022. No one is declined during this time as we review your application weekly for an interview invite. As always if you have specific questions on the status of your application please reach out! Have a great Thanksgiving!
Thank you so much for the update! Truly appreciate it!

Happy Thanksgiving to the admissions office!

BEAR DOWN!
🐻 👇

Members don't see this ad :)
When I applied last year I didn’t receive my confirmed/under review email until December 23rd! So I wouldn’t be worried but you can always email them to double check!

This year I submitted my supplemental on 10/1 and and received the confirmation on Monday!
I did email them, and basically they must be right on schedule 😅. They told me last week when I emailed them that they were JUST then working through supplementals that were submitted in early to mid-October, so they hadn't even GOTTEN to the pile mine was in. They said they have to score and grade the app (which I knew) and THEN the supplemental and then they reach out with the confirmation email. Then it seems they rate everyone's in a group and either invite them to MMI or let them know they're still deciding to invite them to the MMI, and I imagine the denials start at that point too.

Reactions: 1 user
1st time OOS applicant. I submitted my supplemental around 9/25 so I am in the next batch I am guessing

Does anybody have any insight on the virtual interview? Ie how long it lasts, how many questions, etc?

Reactions: 2 users
I just got my confirmation email today that they're considering my app for mmi & I submitted the supplemental on oct 6

I submitted my supplemental 9/8 and haven’t heard anything so I’m assuming that means I’ll receive a rejection once all apps have been gone through. I emailed for an update and was just told my app is still under review.

I submitted my supplemental 9/8 and haven’t heard anything so I’m assuming that means I’ll receive a rejection once all apps have been gone through. I emailed for an update and was just told my app is still under review.
Did you receive a confirmation email saying that your application is considering for MMI? I summited my supplemental 9/10 and got the email around 10/15

Did you receive a confirmation email saying that your application is considering for MMI? I summited my supplemental 9/10 and got the email around 10/15
Yes they sent the confirmation on 9/27. I could still have a chance but I prefer to be prepared for the worst so I’m not as upset lol

Members don't see this ad :)
If they were to reject you, they would have done so... I think the way this probably works is they compare all applications on a weekly basis and choose some for an interview and some for rejection. Have you received the "supplemental assessment completed email?" If not,
Yes they sent the confirmation on 9/27. I could still have a chance but I prefer to be prepared for the worst so I’m not as upset lol
Me too... It's my first time applying, but I'm already expecting to reapply next year... My IS rejection killed me lol

My application was under review from November until January last cycle and I ended up interviewing. I had applied in August.

My application was under review from November until January last cycle and I ended up interviewing. I had applied in August.
This is encouraging, thank you!
If they were to reject you, they would have done so... I think the way this probably works is they compare all applications on a weekly basis and choose some for an interview and some for rejection. Have you received the "supplemental assessment completed email?" If not,

Me too... It's my first time applying, but I'm already expecting to reapply next year... My IS rejection killed me lol
They are not sending rejections until February, I believe! I did receive the confirmation in late September. My IS rejection really hit me hard me, too, so I totally relate lol there is still a chance for us to get in OOS, but IS sure was my best shot!

So am I crazy or does U of A not have a white coat ceremony? I was just sitting around fan girling over the school and it hit me. I’ve never seen pictures of their ceremony.

So am I crazy or does U of A not have a white coat ceremony? I was just sitting around fan girling over the school and it hit me. I’ve never seen pictures of their ceremony.
They admitted their first class in 2020, so I am not sure if that has something to do with it since they haven't had a class graduate or make it to the point of a white coat ceremony. This is just my understanding of it.

Finally got the email that’s they’re considering my application. I submitted my VMCAS app about 2 hours before the deadline 9/29 and my supplemental 10/10

For those of you still waiting, I submitted my supplemental application on 9/24 and still haven't heard back. I'm OOS so I'm losing a bit of hope since it's rolling admissions.

For those of you still waiting, I submitted my supplemental application on 9/24 and still haven't heard back. I'm OOS so I'm losing a bit of hope since it's rolling admissions.
Me too :/

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I'm struggling to understand their process.
I didn't get any email but just happened to check my portal and saw this there.

How are people getting acceptances already, when interview slots aren't even available until February as of right now.

660947846.jpg

How are people getting acceptances already, when interview slots aren't even available until February as of right now.

***Update - I did just receive the email as well. Check your inboxes folks.

View attachment 346717

View attachment 346717
pls what email did u just receive? an interview invite, a confirmation of all ur stuff being submitted or something else?

also where is a portal log in? i feel silly rn but i cant find any email from them w a link to an app portal other than kira talent stuff. ty

pls what email did u just receive? an interview invite, a confirmation of all ur stuff being submitted or something else?
First I checked my portal and it congratulated me for applying and explained how they are not yet accredited. At the top of the page there was a banner that said 'sign up for the next available date' (for the MMI).

So I did.
And then the email came where I got the Interview confirmation.

View attachment 346717
How do you access your portal? Do you have to have received an invitation to interview?

How do you access your portal? Do you have to have received an invitation to interview?

I'm finding that many don't know about the portal.

I've never received an email about it, so I investigated myself.

Here's how you can find it:

Go to vetmed.arizona.edu then click the red "visit us" button on the top right. Make an account with the same vmcas email you used.

It seems communications will come through the portal first, and then once you action them, you'll get an email.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm finding that many don't know about the portal.

I've never received an email about it, so I investigated myself.

Here's how you can find it:

Go to vetmed.arizona.edu then click the red "visit us" button on the top right. Make an account with the same vmcas email you used.

It seems communications will come through the portal first, and then once you action them, you'll get an email.
Mine is acting like I still need to apply?

mine says thank u for applying we received ur app but doesnt have anything like carnivorous kitten´s photo abt selecting an interview date or anything

I submitted my supplemental app on 10/18 and haven't heard anything from them since. Just checked my "portal" and it doesn't even say anything about receiving my app, it's just an info page on the application steps, their program, etc.

Just got an email that my app is being considered for an MMI interview! Be on the lookout!

Same here. I submitted supplemental 9/9. But there is still time!

I just received the email saying I that I am being considered for an MMI! Submitted my supplemental app on 11/4, if that helps. So at least it seems like they're catching up! I was worried it'd be more like a 2 month wait!

View attachment 346717
Curious- and correct me if it was just in a comment that I missed, lol- but how long was it from the confirmation that they received your supplemental app to when you were offered an interview? I saw earlier in the thread that it was like 3-4wks for one member, but there's only been a couple of people that I've seen comment on receiving interview invites.
Also, I agree about the scheduling stuff. It definitely makes me nervous that the interview dates are already soooo far in the future, and as it is, they said the end of February was how long interviews went. I kind of wonder if it's randomly generated, like a lottery? So that it's not like everyone who got interview invites for, say, the second week in January (for example), was from the same group of supplementals that staff JUST looked through?

Curious- and correct me if it was just in a comment that I missed, lol- but how long was it from the confirmation that they received your supplemental app to when you were offered an interview? I saw earlier in the thread that it was like 3-4wks for one member, but there's only been a couple of people that I've seen comment on receiving interview invites.
Also, I agree about the scheduling stuff. It definitely makes me nervous that the interview dates are already soooo far in the future, and as it is, they said the end of February was how long interviews went. I kind of wonder if it's randomly generated, like a lottery? So that it's not like everyone who got interview invites for, say, the second week in January (for example), was from the same group of supplementals that staff JUST looked through?
I submitted my supplemental 9/9, told it was being considered 9/28, and invited for an interview 11-15, interview is 1-21

Hello! UA CVM admissions here. To follow up on some comments: Interview invites are rolling. We do them every week. If you received the email indicating you are being considered for an MMI, that means we are reviewing your application weekly for an MMI invite. We do not decline anyone until mid-January. We have MMIs until mid-March and will continue to send MMI invites until all seats for the MMI have been filed. We have about 70 more seats left for an interview invite. The school is closed for winter break from Tuesday, December 21 to January 03. We are not sending another batch of interview invite or offers of admission until we are back from winter break. As always if you have any questions regarding your application status, please send us an email at [email protected]

Reactions: 9 users
Hello! UA CVM admissions here. To follow up on some comments: Interview invites are rolling. We do them every week. If you received the email indicating you are being considered for an MMI, that means we are reviewing your application weekly for an MMI invite. We do not decline anyone until mid-January. We have MMIs until mid-March and will continue to send MMI invites until all seats for the MMI have been filed. We have about 70 more seats left for an interview invite. The school is closed for winter break from Tuesday, December 21 to January 03. We are not sending another batch of interview invite or offers of admission until we are back from winter break. As always if you have any questions regarding your application status, please send us an email at [email protected]
Thank you so much for this information. Quick question - can you share how many applications you received this admissions cycle and how that compared to last year? Also, are you offering roughly the same number of interviews this year as you did last year? Thanks!

Thank you so much for this information. Quick question - can you share how many applications you received this admissions cycle and how that compared to last year? Also, are you offering roughly the same number of interviews this year as you did last year? Thanks!
Hello- We received 1783 applications this year and 1550 last year. Every year we will invite 300 students to complete the MMI.

Thank you so much for this information. I was wondering how the rolling MMIs work in regards to applicants getting offered seats already. Does it ever happen where all avaliable seats for the class have been offered before all MMIs have been completed? Since there are about 110 seats for 300 interviews and offers are already getting sent out.
Thank you for the information.

Hello! UA CVM admissions here. To follow up on some comments: Interview invites are rolling. We do them every week. If you received the email indicating you are being considered for an MMI, that means we are reviewing your application weekly for an MMI invite. We do not decline anyone until mid-January. We have MMIs until mid-March and will continue to send MMI invites until all seats for the MMI have been filed. We have about 70 more seats left for an interview invite. The school is closed for winter break from Tuesday, December 21 to January 03. We are not sending another batch of interview invite or offers of admission until we are back from winter break. As always if you have any questions regarding your application status, please send us an email

Thank you so much for this information. I was wondering how the rolling MMIs work in regards to applicants getting offered seats already. Does it ever happen where all avaliable seats for the class have been offered before all MMIs have been completed? Since there are about 110 seats for 300 interviews and offers are already getting sent out.
Thank you for the information.

Just got an email from U of A and confused about it. Has anyone else gotten this/ does this mean waitlist or??? I'm confused. It said: The Office of Admission has completed its review of your primary application and supplemental application to the DVM program. At this time we are unable to invite you to interview. However, we have determined that you are a competitive candidate and you will continue to be considered during this application cycle. Applications are reviewed on a weekly basis for interview invitations. Please note that we do not accept application updates or letters of intent. This is not a rejection but rather notice of your application still being evaluated weekly for an interview invite."

i got an email from UofA saying, "At this time we are unable to invite you to interview. However, we have determined that you are a competitive candidate and you will continue to be considered during this application cycle. Applications are reviewed on a weekly basis for interview invitations. Please note that we do not accept application updates or letters of intent. This is not a rejection but rather notice of your application still being evaluated weekly for an interview invite."
My heart jumped with excitement when I saw the email. After reading it was I like dang! Did not need that update haha

I got the same email just now. I believe it's kinda like interview alternate/waitlist but not sure.