University of Arizona C/O 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In their info meeting after the interview, they said to look out for acceptance calls and that they’re every two weeks. They also said that we continue being considered until the end of the cycle so even if we don’t get a call after the first two weeks, we are still in the running!
Ooh thank you so much for the info! I was going to email admissions about this specifically- since my interview is March 4th, and final decisions is April 15th (AND since I knew their admissions team was only meeting monthly up until at least this point), I was wondering if that meant I had to wait until potentially the beginning of April to hear any news. Did they say if it was like 1st and 3rd week or 2nd and 4th week of the month?

When was your interview? So exciting!!!

Also- I know you can't give specifics for the interview questions/amount of interviewers/etc, but around how long is it? My blocked off spot on Google Calendar that auto-generated after making my interview appt said like 8AM-10:45/11:45AM (something like that). I wanted to try to reserve a study/conference room at my local library, since I have a toddler, a husband who stops home in between shifts to grab lunch, and a dog that loves barking at stupid things 😅, so that random distractions weren't popping up every 10 minutes. So in order for me to reserve a conference room, I have to give them my time block preference, and I didn't know if the interview ACTUALLY ran that long or not (I had read that for other schools this year, that some interviews were as short as 30 minutes!!).

Also, I'm just asking this to see (if you can't answer it just say so, I genuinely don't know if this is an allowed question or not) did they give you any indicators during the interviee about how THEY thought your interview went? Like what you did well, what they might consider a weakness/something you might have to reapply next cycle because of?

Many thanks in advance! And good luck!!! 😍

Members don't see this ad.

Ooh thank you so much for the info! I was going to email admissions about this specifically- since my interview is March 4th, and final decisions is April 15th (AND since I knew their admissions team was only meeting monthly up until at least this point), I was wondering if that meant I had to wait until potentially the beginning of April to hear any news. Did they say if it was like 1st and 3rd week or 2nd and 4th week of the month?

When was your interview? So exciting!!!

Also- I know you can't give specifics for the interview questions/amount of interviewers/etc, but around how long is it? My blocked off spot on Google Calendar that auto-generated after making my interview appt said like 8AM-10:45/11:45AM (something like that). I wanted to try to reserve a study/conference room at my local library, since I have a toddler, a husband who stops home in between shifts to grab lunch, and a dog that loves barking at stupid things 😅, so that random distractions weren't popping up every 10 minutes. So in order for me to reserve a conference room, I have to give them my time block preference, and I didn't know if the interview ACTUALLY ran that long or not (I had read that for other schools this year, that some interviews were as short as 30 minutes!!).

Also, I'm just asking this to see (if you can't answer it just say so, I genuinely don't know if this is an allowed question or not) did they give you any indicators during the interviee about how THEY thought your interview went? Like what you did well, what they might consider a weakness/something you might have to reapply next cycle because of?

Many thanks in advance! And good luck!!! 😍
I interviewed early January. As far as the interview goes, your interviewers aren’t allowed to give any feedback or have small talk outside of the given question, so we really won’t know how we did. The whole process was about 2.5 hours as they suggest, but I’m sure this time varies a little bit. I could have misinterpreted what they said about the review process, but from what I remember, they said we could hear anywhere from two weeks after our interview until the end of the cycle. For some reason I thought they said it was every two weeks, but looking back at their comment earlier, maybe it is just once a month? (I was pretty nervous that day, so I could totally be wrong and am not sure anymore) I honestly don’t know about your situation so maybe just email them anyways and see if they could provide a better answer! Best of luck to you, you’ll do great!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed early January. As far as the interview goes, your interviewers aren’t allowed to give any feedback or have small talk outside of the given question, so we really won’t know how we did. The whole process was about 2.5 hours as they suggest, but I’m sure this time varies a little bit. I could have misinterpreted what they said about the review process, but from what I remember, they said we could hear anywhere from two weeks after our interview until the end of the cycle. For some reason I thought they said it was every two weeks, but looking back at their comment earlier, maybe it is just once a month? (I was pretty nervous that day, so I could totally be wrong and am not sure anymore) I honestly don’t know about your situation so maybe just email them anyways and see if they could provide a better answer! Best of luck to you, you’ll do great!
I also interviewed in the beginning of January and I agree with you. I also remember them saying that decisions would be released every 2 weeks rather than just once a month.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I also interviewed in the beginning of January and I agree with you. I also remember them saying that decisions would be released every 2 weeks rather than just once a month.
Have you heard back yet? 2 weeks does seem awfully short in the grand scheme of things, esp. since there are still interviews through February and March, but this is my first cycle, so I'm not sure what admissions timelines look like in reality.

Have you heard back yet? 2 weeks does seem awfully short in the grand scheme of things, esp. since there are still interviews through February and March, but this is my first cycle, so I'm not sure what admissions timelines look like in reality.
I have not. They release a couple of acceptances every 2 weeks, but I think most of the acceptances (and I think most of the rejections after interviewing) will be in late March/early April.

Hi everyone!

I have an interview in a couple of days and was just looking for some feedback and advice. Is it a scenario based type of interview where they give us a scenario and we have a certain amount of time to formulate a response and answer?

Hi everyone!

I have an interview in a couple of days and was just looking for some feedback and advice. Is it a scenario based type of interview where they give us a scenario and we have a certain amount of time to formulate a response and answer?
This year they are using Kira Talent for their interviews, so it has a similar format to the supplemental application. It isn't exactly the same though because you are talking live with someone. If you had to take the CASPER exam for another school, it is similar to those questions/format as well. Since it is an MMI, you do get a new interviewer for each question.

Here is a post from last year's U of A thread that explains it:
Hi there! The actual interview isn’t very long, I think you answer each question for 7 min (and you get a little time to prepare before you have to answer). The rest of the time is presentations and a q&a about the school. It was really nice to get so much info about the school and to hear answers to other people’s questions that I hadn’t thought of!

I went back to look at an email from UofA and noticed

“Final notification of your interview status will be sent no later than the end of January 2022.”

So with it being so late into January, is it safe to say I will not be selected?

I went back to look at an email from UofA and noticed

“Final notification of your interview status will be sent no later than the end of January 2022.”

So with it being so late into January, is it safe to say I will not be selected?
Last year they sent out the non-interview rejections on January 25th. IF they stick with Monday, that probably means the emails will go out January 31th. Otherwise, they will probably sent it out this week sometime. If you don't get an email, that probably means you are still in the running for an interview. Last year's thread had a few people that still didn't hear anything until the middle of February, but it sounds like everyone should hear within the next week this year.

Just received a rejection email. Didn't even get to interview.

• Care
They just sent out the rejection e-mail! Good to finally objectively know my status, at least.

• Care
My friend also got a rejection email today. I'm still waiting to hear

Reactions: 2 users
I still haven’t heard anything from them. I wonder if they sent all the rejections at once or if they will send them in waves

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my rejection letter from them, but at least they are offering a file review.

did anyone who interviewed get rejected yet? or update on status?

Has anyone who received that “you don’t have an interview but you’ll still be considered” email not yet receive anything? Do we think there might still be a chance to get an interview or am I just dreaming at this point😅

Has anyone who received that “you don’t have an interview but you’ll still be considered” email not yet receive anything? Do we think there might still be a chance to get an interview or am I just dreaming at this point😅
I also received that email and have heard nothing since. I‘m also not sure how to feel. But no news is good news I guess! 😅

Hi!

For those who had an interview, do I need to attend the welcome session on zoom? Is that mandatory? Or can I just join my interview at its scheduled time?

Can I ask if the whole interview itself was 2.5 hours or is there like info sessions etc. I am not interviewing until Feb and just want to mentally prepare if I need to talk for 3 hours lol

Can I ask if the whole interview itself was 2.5 hours or is there like info sessions etc. I am not interviewing until Feb and just want to mentally prepare if I need to talk for 3 hours lol
I'm interviewing early March and from what I heard from both this thread and from what I heard lurking on last year's thread, no, you're not talking for 3 hours. They also have a school/classwork presentation and then a q&a where you can jot notes down, I think.

I'm interviewing early March and from what I heard from both this thread and from what I heard lurking on last year's thread, no, you're not talking for 3 hours. They also have a school/classwork presentation and then a q&a where you can jot notes down, I think.
Correct, actual interview was ~ 50 min

Hi!

For those who had an interview, do I need to attend the welcome session on zoom? Is that mandatory? Or can I just join my interview at its scheduled time?
I would attend if you can. It is nice to hear admissions talk and it honestly calms the nerves a bit before the MMI starts. If you can't, however, try and stay for the session after the interview. They will give you a timeline for decisions and chat a little more about the program then.

R-E-J-E-C-T-E-D rejected! Officially official, got my email this morning. Kinda wish they’d just done that before instead of that waitlist-ish email. But best of luck to those who’ve been accepted or are still waiting on decisions❤️ You’re going to be amazing. Oro Valley/Tucson is wonderful :)

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
R-E-J-E-C-T-E-D rejected! Officially official, got my email this morning. Kinda wish they’d just done that before instead of that waitlist-ish email. But best of luck to those who’ve been accepted or are still waiting on decisions❤️ You’re going to be amazing. Oro Valley/Tucson is wonderful :)
I completely agree. I don't like how they've sent the same emails to everyone that is waiting ~ the way they were worded sounded like they should've been sent to people who were higher up on the potential interview invite list. I hope you have some schools to hear from still and receive good news!!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Last year they sent out update emails every two weeks saying that they gave out some acceptances, but you weren't selected this batch. I was wondering if they are sending out bi-weekly emails this year or not. They said they are doing bi-weekly admissions decisions, so I figured they would do bi-weekly emails again this cycle. Has anyone gotten any email communication after the thank you for interviewing with us email?

Last year they sent out update emails every two weeks saying that they gave out some acceptances, but you weren't selected this batch. I was wondering if they are sending out bi-weekly emails this year or not. They said they are doing bi-weekly admissions decisions, so I figured they would do bi-weekly emails again this cycle. Has anyone gotten any email communication after the thank you for interviewing with us email?
I haven't received any email and interviewed 2 weeks ago. Supposedly they were gonna send offers on Friday, so I'm guessing I didn't get selected.

I haven't received any email and interviewed 2 weeks ago. Supposedly they were gonna send offers on Friday, so I'm guessing I didn't get selected.
I interviewed back in November and still have yet to hear anything back. I have not gotten any update emails or waitlist/rejection/accepted emails. I think offers can be sent out every month until March. I believe they said March will have all decisions made so still a waiting game!

Did anyone else who interviewed already just get a confusing rejection, but not rejection email? I’m not entirely sure how to interpret it.

Did anyone else who interviewed already just get a confusing rejection, but not rejection email? I’m not entirely sure how to interpret it.
Hello- UACVM Admissions Office here. That email was sent to everyone who has interviewed but has not been accepted yet. It is not a rejection email. You are being considered at every admissions committee. We do not send rejections until all MMIs are completed which is in the middle to end of March. It is an email to let you know the status of your application and that you are still being considered.

Hello- UACVM Admissions Office here. That email was sent to everyone who has interviewed but has not been accepted yet. It is not a rejection email. You are being considered at every admissions committee. We do not send rejections until all MMIs are completed which is in the middle to end of March. It is an email to let you know the status of your application and that you are still being considered.
When is the next time the admissions committee is meeting?

When is the next time the admissions committee is meeting?
February 24th is the next meeting. We will call the following day with admissions offers. This will happen throughout the day as we also have MMIs that morning of the 25th.

February 24th is the next meeting. We will call the following day with admissions offers. This will happen throughout the day as we also have MMIs that morning of the 25th.
Have a large number of offers already gone out following interviews or do the majority of offers occur after all MMIs have been completed?

I'm definitely less and less hopeful every review they do.
Don't get too discouraged! I didn't get my call back in January until after 4pm (MST) if I remember correctly.
Out of curiosity how long after you interviewed did you hear a decision?

When did everyone hoping for a call today interview? Mine was January 28th.

does anyone know if there is a Facebook page or anything for accepted students yet? Or not until all seats have been filled?

Not sure. Did you get accepted? If so when did you interview and when did the offer come in?

Not sure. Did you get accepted? If so when did you interview and when did the offer come in?
I interviewed on December 3rd And got accepted about a month later (January 7th maybe?)