University of Florida Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does any one have an idea about what kind of questions do they ask in the interview?

Check the interview feedback under reference materials. I don't think you're technically supposed to disclose the information but some people did in that and I will just say I'm glad I read over the questions that were posted there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Check the interview feedback under reference materials. I don't think you're technically supposed to disclose the information but some people did in that and I will just say I'm glad I read over the questions that were posted there.
Thanks, I am checking it out now! I am just wondering if everyone get the interview most likely get accepted!! I really hope so!! my interview is next week and i am so nervous :/

Thanks, I am checking it out now! I am just wondering if everyone get the interview most likely get accepted!! I really hope so!! my interview is next week and i am so nervous :/

There was an overwhelming feeling that the people they interview they intend to accept unless you do something really crazy to mess up your interview. The dean was like "when you goto orientation blahbalh." not IF you go. Which campus are you interviewing at? Mine was insanely laid back and everyone went out of their way to make you feel comfortable

There was an overwhelming feeling that the people they interview they intend to accept unless you do something really crazy to mess up your interview. The dean was like "when you goto orientation blahbalh." not IF you go. Which campus are you interviewing at? Mine was insanely laid back and everyone went out of their way to make you feel comfortable
I hope that will be the case with me too! i am just supper worried because my pcat score is in the 50s... :(:scared:

I received an invite to interview next week but have to reschedule because of school and work, hopefully they can give me another date.

I hope that will be the case with me too! i am just supper worried because my pcat score is in the 50s... :(:scared:

The interviews are closed file, your interviewers won't know about your Pcat score. The fact they invited you for an interview means you obviously had some other strong points to your application. Just go in there and be confident and you're gonna be fine :)

Hi everyone! I'm a 2PD at the St Pete Campus that's been creeping the forums since before I started pharmacy school. I finally decided to join and provide some input to help out.

Interviews: relax! I personally cried after my interview. I thought I did horribly and didn't prepare as well as I should have but have no fear! Everyone is very warm and welcoming. Once you've reached the interview phase, you're pretty much in unless you run around the room flailing your arms shouting Go Noles...:mad:

To pass on the advice given to me: prepare for a UF interview the way you would prepare for a Target interview.

For anyone who started UFCOP within the past couple of years...how are you paying for school? Does UF have good loans? If so, could you provide details about them. Or if you got them from a bank or alternate source, could you share your experience? I have a feeling tuition will only continue to rise... :p

I might not be the best person to answer this since I live at home and have no rent to pay but loans have worked out for me. I don't take out 100% of my loans but others who live off campus in apartments/condos don't have a problem with what the sub/unsub loans offer. My family doesn't chip in for school so my loans/scholarships pay 100% of my tuition. They also offer a 3rd loan in case the sub and unsub loans are not sufficient...but I don't know of anyone who's had to use it.

Don't forget about Bright Futures, Doorways/FL Prepaid, Pell Grant, other stuff that might carry over. Any little bit helps. Just don't forget to fill out your FAFSA!

I don't think anyone's had a problem playing for school. Most people take out loans through UF and it's sufficient. My mistake was only out what I thought I needed for spring my first year and then realizing that it was supposed to last me though a jobless summer so I had a tight budget...but I knew better this time!

Thanks! I am living at home too so it saves a ton! reallyappreciate your feedback :)

The interviews are closed file, your interviewers won't know about your Pcat score. The fact they invited you for an interview means you obviously had some other strong points to your application. Just go in there and be confident and you're gonna be fine :)

^This :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Any 1 2 or 3 pds out there who can suggest decent areas to live near the Lake Nona campus in the fall. I've "heard" the immediate Lake Nona town "might" be pretty expensive? Living in the direction of U.C.F. would have its advantages, but naturally the closer the better to our U.F. COP campus would be best.
Thank you

A tip for current UF students (and lifetime Florida residents) going into COP:

When obtaining your immunization records from UF, be sure you have a nurse at the immunization office check your FLORIDA immunization record. UF just had my Td immunization marked, and the nurse thought it was suspicious as I lived in Florida since I was a child. She said in Florida, Tdap is usually given instead of Td. So she checked my Florida immunization record and it turned out I have had Tdap, but UF just reported it as Td instead, because that is all that is needed to start undergraduate work here. You don't want to get punched in the arm if you don't have to!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone hear back from the april 13th interviews??????

Still haven't heard anything from the Orlando April 13th interviews. :xf:

Does anyone know the remaining interview dates for these three locations?

Does anyone know the remaining interview dates for these three locations?

Fall 2012 Interview Days

Gainesville Campus-12:30-4:30pm

• Thursday, December 1, 2011
  • Friday, January 20, 2012
  • Friday, February 17, 2012
  • Friday, March 23, 2012
  • Friday, April 27, 2012
  • Friday, June 8, 2012 (Alternate)
Jacksonville Campus – 9am-4pm

• Friday, February 24, 2012
  • Friday, March 30, 2012
  • Thursday, April 19, 2012
Orlando Campus – 9am-2pm

• Friday, February 17, 2012
  • Friday, March 16, 2012
  • Friday, April 13, 2012
St. Petersburg Campus – 9am-4pm- varies slightly

• Thursday, January 12, 2012
  • Tuesday, February 21, 2012
  • Friday, March 16, 2012
  • Monday, April 16, 2012

Fall 2012 Interview Days

Gainesville Campus-12:30-4:30pm

Thursday, December 1, 2011
Friday, January 20, 2012
Friday, February 17, 2012
Friday, March 23, 2012
Friday, April 27, 2012
Friday, June 8, 2012 (Alternate)
Jacksonville Campus – 9am-4pm

Friday, February 24, 2012
Friday, March 30, 2012
Thursday, April 19, 2012
Orlando Campus – 9am-2pm

Friday, February 17, 2012
Friday, March 16, 2012
Friday, April 13, 2012
St. Petersburg Campus – 9am-4pm- varies slightly

Thursday, January 12, 2012
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Friday, March 16, 2012
Monday, April 16, 2012
Thanks!

Last edited:
Accepted!
Just got the email today from the Orlando Friday 13th interview. I'll see you Orlando people in August :D

Last edited:
Accepted!
Just got the email today from the Orlando Friday 13th interview. I'll see you Orlando people in August :D

do not sweat over the interview at all!!!:D They are all very easy going, I did not prepare and did just fine if you want to, go over the interview feedback page and you should be just fine!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

I interviewed on april 13 at orlando campus as well. I haven't received any decision email yet while others already received their conditional accepted email. I am so worry and thinking that i might be denied :(

I interviewed on april 13 at orlando campus as well. I haven't received any decision email yet while others already received their conditional accepted email. I am so worry and thinking that i might be denied :(

Aww let's hope not! Who did your interview go?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using SDN Mobile

Hmm check your spam folder? If not then def e-mail Mary Beth asap

Anyone received an interview for Friday, April 27?

I wonder how close to an interview date they give interviews? A week before? Days before? Anyone know?

Anyone received an interview for Friday, April 27?

I wonder how close to an interview date they give interviews? A week before? Days before? Anyone know?

For the March interview they sent out the invites about 3 weeks before (Got the invite March 1st for the March 23 interview)

Has anyone done their fasfa yet? Did you get enough? If no, where do you go for more?

Oh, and how much is the tuition anyway?

Has anyone done their fasfa yet? Did you get enough? If no, where do you go for more?

Oh, and how much is the tuition anyway?

Yeah, I sent mine in back in January. Send it in ASAP... as far as I know they haven't sent out financial aid packages yet because I don't even think they finalized tuition costs for next year... they said it would probably be like June in my interview. 2011-12 year cost of attendence was almost 20k and the dean said to expect around ~12% increase this year. Federal grad loans should cover this amount plus some.

For current students, is it really necessary to have an iPhone/iPod or any smartphone will do?

For current students, is it really necessary to have an iPhone/iPod or any smartphone will do?

http://www.cop.ufl.edu/education/student-affairs/admissions/student-computer-requirements/

The school will "require" an iDevice (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad) but most apps they use are also on android. Some may be specific to Apple but with the technical difficulties we come across every now and then, there are always other methods around the iDevice such as using our laptops or going old fashioned with handwritten quizzes. So technically speaking, you could get away without an iDevice...I used a 3G iPhone half of 1PD year and then switched to using my laptop for all my quizzes because my iPhone kept getting kicked off the network or it'd die from being so old. I now have a Galaxy S2 and I haven't had a problem 2PD year. I despise Apple anyways :rolleyes:

However, if you're taking a quiz on something other than an iDevice, they will not take it lightly if it malfunctions and you may not get credit as you would if an iDevice malfunctioned since that is the device that the school recommends. This also depends on how lenient the professor is who is giving the assignment/quiz but as I mentioned before: I haven't had a problem, and neither have other Android users in my class. Other fellow pharm students can add in if they have anything else to say.

I had my interview at the Jacksonville campus on April 19th and I have been officially accepted!

I had my interview in April so I can't start the 4 step process until May 21st but I tried to log on to my gatorlink because I had set that up when I first applied and my account had been locked. I called the help number and they tried to reset it with no luck.
I was just wondering if anyone else had this issue?
I'm thinking it might be because it's still too early and the problem will go away after the 21st of next month but I don't want to assume.
Has anyone else been impeded from starting the process early?

I've been waiting to post this for like 4 months....

I got an interview tomorrow at the Gainesville campus!

Mind you I just got the invite an hour ago. :eek:

I've been waiting to post this for like 4 months....

I got an interview tomorrow at the Gainesville campus!

Mind you I just got the invite an hour ago. :eek:

Wow, talk about last minute. Good luck to you though! :luck:

Wow, talk about last minute. Good luck to you though! :luck:

Thanks! I wish I had more time to prepare, but I'm just happy I got this interview and not the one in June.... that's so far away!

Accepted to Gainesville campus!

Got the e-mail not even an hour after I left.

Wooohooooo:D:D:D:D:D:D:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hey guys, has anyone heard from UF regarding their status or an interview? Basically, UF is the only school I never heard back from this cycle. I e-mailed Mary Beth and she told me she will let me know of my status next week. What do you guys think as far as how full the class is at this point? What are your thoughts? :confused:

http://www.cop.ufl.edu/education/student-affairs/admissions/student-computer-requirements/

The school will "require" an iDevice (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad) but most apps they use are also on android. Some may be specific to Apple but with the technical difficulties we come across every now and then, there are always other methods around the iDevice such as using our laptops or going old fashioned with handwritten quizzes. So technically speaking, you could get away without an iDevice...I used a 3G iPhone half of 1PD year and then switched to using my laptop for all my quizzes because my iPhone kept getting kicked off the network or it'd die from being so old. I now have a Galaxy S2 and I haven't had a problem 2PD year. I despise Apple anyways :rolleyes:

However, if you're taking a quiz on something other than an iDevice, they will not take it lightly if it malfunctions and you may not get credit as you would if an iDevice malfunctioned since that is the device that the school recommends. This also depends on how lenient the professor is who is giving the assignment/quiz but as I mentioned before: I haven't had a problem, and neither have other Android users in my class. Other fellow pharm students can add in if they have anything else to say.

So I guess all the apps that are actually utilized are also available with android then, because like you I loathe apple.