University of Minnesota c/o 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
could someone remind me the dates for the admitted students day? I forgot to copy them down from the survey

Members don't see this ad.

could someone remind me the dates for the admitted students day? I forgot to copy them down from the survey
March 3/4 are blocked off on my calendar, I don't know if there are any activities on the 5th but if there are, they don't have student ambassadors working those.

Reactions: 1 user
OOS acceptance! I answered at 11:11am (PST). I suspect they tried calling me from a "spam" number but I didn't answer. Then like 15 minutes later, I received the acceptance call from a number with caller ID!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
March 3/4 are blocked off on my calendar, I don't know if there are any activities on the 5th but if there are, they don't have student ambassadors working those.
Thank you! I don’t think I’ll be able to attend because Purdue’s is the 3rd :(

Hopefully the 4th is the main day and I can fly out on the night of the 3rd or something

Thank you! I don’t think I’ll be able to attend because Purdue’s is the 3rd :(

Hopefully the 4th is the main day and I can fly out on the night of the 3rd or something
Per my calendar (which again, only has the student ambassador stuff so take that with a grain of salt), the 3rd is just a meet and greet at the equine center in the evening - tours and all that stuff are on Saturday, I think. But I'm sure they'll have all the info for you when emails go out!

Per my calendar (which again, only has the student ambassador stuff so take that with a grain of salt), the 3rd is just a meet and greet at the equine center in the evening - tours and all that stuff are on Saturday, I think. But I'm sure they'll have all the info for you when emails go out!
Oh that would be fantastic!!

OOS acceptance, this is surreal!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Just got a phone call and OOS acceptance!!! I’m over the moon right now! Good luck to everyone!!!!

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
How much longer do you think phone calls will be going out? Any other IS acceptances?

OOS acceptance!!!!! Ahhh!!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
OOS waitlist… not the response I wanted but staying hopeful :)

• Care
Im #48 on the OOS waitlist. What is the likelihood that I will be accepted?

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
OOS waitlist #36! Will be withdrawing my application since I got into my IS :)

OOS acceptance!! My IS school is Iowa, but I won't find out from them until (2/22). If I am accepted there I will be giving up my spot here. So exciting!!!! Good luck to everyone. :)

• Care
I can’t believe it!! OOS acceptance! Thank you all for your support and guidance throughout this process!

• Love
Like this post if you're OOS accepted and don't plan on attending 🤣 I'm making ~plans~

Okay this makes it sounds like I'm planning to murder people. That's not the case. I just am sizing up likelihood of getting off the wait-list, I swear

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Like this post if you're OOS accepted and don't plan on attending 🤣 I'm making ~plans~
Also just got into my IS and some other of my top choices, so I'll likely be declining purely for financial reasons. I do love Minnesota though!!

I'm currently an alternate for my IS and am lucky to be considering other OOS offers. Because of location and cost Minnesota is lower on my list, so I'll likely be declining although the program sounds great. Fingers crossed they pull you off the waitlist!

Also just got into my IS and some other of my top choices, so I'll likely be declining purely for financial reasons. I do love Minnesota though!!
Same for me! Stay hopeful for those waitlisted ❤️

IS waitlist spot 12, bummed but still hopeful! I've heard conflicting opinions as to how much or little the in-state waitlist moves so I'm feeling really in the dark about it now, anyone here know anything about it?

• Care
OOS acceptance! 😭❤️ Good luck to everyone else on this bewildering journey to becoming a vet. Looking forward to meeting future classmates.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
IS waitlist #14. How likely is it to come off of it?

IS waitlist spot 12, bummed but still hopeful! I've heard conflicting opinions as to how much or little the in-state waitlist moves so I'm feeling really in the dark about it now, anyone here know anything about it?
The conflicting opinions are because it does vary a lot from year to year. Some it gets to the 20s and some it doesn't move much at all. When I was waitlisted (5 years ago... jesus) I was number 8 and I didn't get called off until mid-may, so it may have not gone much further than that
(Edit to correct date)

I know being waitlisted is so hard. My general advice is to relax as much as you can and make a plan for if you don't get called off at all. For me that helped me feel a bit grounded in where I was going next. Take your time of course, and see what the post acceptance deadline jump is; that will give a bit better feel for where the list might go.

How much has the OOS waitlist moved in previous years?

The conflicting opinions are because it does vary a lot from year to year. Some it gets to the 20s and some it doesn't move much at all. When I was waitlisted (5 years ago... jesus) I was number 8 and I didn't get called off until mid-may, so it may have not gone much further than that
(Edit to correct date)

I know being waitlisted is so hard. My general advice is to relax as much as you can and make a plan for if you don't get called off at all. For me that helped me feel a bit grounded in where I was going next. Take your time of course, and see what the post acceptance deadline jump is; that will give a bit better feel for where the list might go.
How much did your waitlist seat jump post deadline update?

I got waitlisted IS #40, is it even worth hoping to get an offer? I've never heard of an IS waitlist getting up that high