University of Missouri CVM c/o 2020 applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats!! I know how bad you wanted Missouri! So happy it worked out for you!
Thank you so much! It's so great too because I already have a friend and apartment! That friend from home and is a first year! Her roommate is a 4th year and that roommate is moving out in May so I'll be moving it so it'll be just us two! And I'll have my own bathroom ! Hahaha my friend will be able to guide me through my first year etc! :)))

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Flock the the FB page and blow up all our phones for requests to join! :laugh::laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations, everyone! I'm super stoked to see that so many SDNers got accepted! Especially @ImAVet -- I know that you really, really wanted it! :love::soexcited:

I know there's not a whole lot of ISers on this thread, but I do have a question. I have heard through the grapevine (ie. several fellow classmates that have interviewed) that IS interviews at Mizzou tend to be more stressful than the OOS interviews, which are well-known for how laid back they are -- or, at least, that they grill us just a bit harder. Can anyone speak to that and offer an opinion? How was your interview experience?

At any rate, if IS invites really did go out today, then hopefully I'll have one in my mailbox by next week and before I head to NYC for my Glasgow interview. :xf:
So there was a rumor about this last year too... but for the most part, with talking to my classmates and with my own IS interview, it was the same level of stress, which is to say it was very conversational and not bad at all. Granted everyone views things differently so it could be seen as stressful... but compared to my other 3 interviews, Mizzou was super laid-back. So try not to stress about it :)

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to everyone who was accepted! And those who were waitlisted, don't fret, really! A lot of people get pulled from the OOS waitlist!

And, as a side-note if anyone wants to be super on top of it and wants to get going on housing, I'm going to be looking for a roomie :) Shoot me a pm! I love all you SDNers!

Do people find out earlier than April 16th from the alternate list?

Do people find out earlier than April 16th from the alternate list?
The national deadline to accept is April 15th, so there might be a itsy bitsy teeny tiny chance of finding out on the 15th... I wouldn't hold my breath though.

yay accepted too! does anyone know if/when we find out about potential OOS scholarships for first year?

Due to restrictions imposed by AVMA, they are not allowed to offer anything prior to the deadline.

Hmm Ohio State told me last week that they were going to send an email with any recruitment scholarships received in February... is this not allowed?

Accepted! Congratulations everyone!

Hmm Ohio State told me last week that they were going to send an email with any recruitment scholarships received in February... is this not allowed?
According to AVMA, no. I am seeing more and more schools going around this as of late though...

Congrats everyone who got an acceptance!! And to those of you on the wait list- hold on to hope - the wait list historically moves a lot!!! And just to clarify, Kathy said at one of the interview weekends that she potentially will start offering seats off the wait list before the April 15th deadline.

Members don't see this ad :)
According to AVMA, no. I am seeing more and more schools going around this as of late though...

Meh, my understanding of it was that schools can offer scholarships but that they cannot use the scholarship to force you to decide to take a seat at the school before the April 15th deadline....

For example... No school can offer you $xxx scholarship guaranteed if you accept a seat by March 15th and if you don't make up your mind by that date, your scholarship is no longer offered...If a student is offered a scholarship it must be valid before and after the April 15 guideline. If that makes sense

Meh, my understanding of it was that schools can offer scholarships but that they cannot use the scholarship to force you to decide to take a seat at the school before the April 15th deadline....

For example... No school can offer you $xxx scholarship guaranteed if you accept a seat by March 15th and if you don't make up your mind by that date, your scholarship is no longer offered...If a student is offered a scholarship it must be valid before and after the April 15 guideline. If that makes sense

So basically, no "Act today only and receive---" crappy infomercials?

I was on the wait list but I just found out today I got in my IS (UGA). Hopefully that helps shorten the wait list a little and gives somebody a spot.

Hey, for those who've been through this, after email acceptance we should be receiving something via snail mail too yeah?

Hey, for those who've been through this, after email acceptance we should be receiving something via snail mail too yeah?
I have this same question! Can someone answer this please? :)

Last year I received a snail mail acceptance as well. I think it was a week later. (But I lived on the east coast. So maybe sooner if you're closer)

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to everyone :) anybody else reread their acceptance 100 times to make sure?! I think I am still in shock and keep checking to make sure I didn't misread it!

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to everyone :) anybody else reread their acceptance 100 times to make sure?! I think I am still in shock and keep checking to make sure I didn't misread it!
I was ironically at work (at a vet clinic) when I received the email and once opened I couldn't even finish reading because I couldn't believe it. I ran to the vet at the hospital at the time and had her read it and after that I started breathing sighs of relief

I keep rereading! I even printed out the email copy! Can't wait to receive the snail mail

Le sigh. Just waiting (somewhat) patiently for an interview invite over here... I'm hoping it's here on Monday. I'd really like to know what's going on before I leave for NY for the week.

Anyone else riding the struggle bus with me? Haha. This wait is killer! +pity+

Congratulations to all of the OOSers who were accepted! And if you were waitlisted -- keep the faith!

Last edited by a moderator:
Le sigh. Just waiting (somewhat) patiently for an interview invite over here... I'm hoping it's here on Monday. I'd really like to know what's going on before I leave for NY for the week.

Anyone else riding the struggle bus with me? Haha. This wait is killer! +pity+

Congratulations to all of the OOSers who were accepted! And if you were waitlisted -- keep the faith!
Hang in there! It sucks they have you guys waiting for so long!

Congrats to everyone! Now fun stuff!! If anyone is looking for an awesome place to live, hit me up! We have space for one cool person. ;) The house is 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, lakefront property, and unlimited access to the lake comes with the lease.

Any ISers here have an interview Feb 29th? Got my invite letter today via snail mail :)

Just mailed out my acceptance stuff!!!!! It's official! any other OOSers accept their seat ? Maybe it's too early? I'm just so excited!

Reactions: 3 users
I haven't even received any paperwork in the mail yet

I haven't even received any paperwork in the mail yet
Me either but the acceptance email had forms attached to them. I printed them out, signed them and mailed it out including the check for the fee to hold my seat. You can do the same! I can't wait to get the actual snail mail :)

Me either but the acceptance email had forms attached to them. I printed them out, signed them and mailed it out including the check for the fee to hold my seat. You can do the same! I can't wait to get the actual snail mail :)
Oh ok! Good idea!

I was interviewing at Purdue this weekend and just saw my acceptance email to Missouri on my trash folder when I got back :0 congratulations to everyone accepted!

Congrats everyone! Another accepted OOSer here! Hoping to make my decision soon!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Iowa State is my other option. I'm mostly struggling with the semesters vs block system between the two.

If you have any questions or want to talk about the two I'm sure any of us from Mizzou or SDNers from semester schools would love to weigh in without sugar coating it!

If you have any questions or want to talk about the two I'm sure any of us from Mizzou or SDNers from semester schools would love to weigh in without sugar coating it!

Thank you! Ive found a sticky thread that has been very helpful :)

Hi guys! I've been thinking about some random stuff as time goes by, and so I figured I would ask everyone here about my random questions! The first one is about how you guys take notes? I'm thinking of buying a tablet and just wanted to get current students thoughts about it. Second, is there a dress code for classes? I saw on a different thread that certain schools may be more strict about what you wear to class so I wasn't sure! Thanks in advance :)

Hi guys! I've been thinking about some random stuff as time goes by, and so I figured I would ask everyone here about my random questions! The first one is about how you guys take notes? I'm thinking of buying a tablet and just wanted to get current students thoughts about it. Second, is there a dress code for classes? I saw on a different thread that certain schools may be more strict about what you wear to class so I wasn't sure! Thanks in advance :)
1) I would say 95% of my classmates types notes, with... eh, at least 50-80% having a tablet or hybrid of some sort. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my surface pro 3, and it's a super popular brand in my class. I love being about to draw on my powerpoints and type on them too. Having a keyboard is essential for me, but that doesn't mean it will be necessary for you. It just depends on your note-taking style!
2) There is a dress code, but it's pretty relaxed. No rubber flip-flops, no athletic shorts or sweats/yoga pants, and my least favorite, no nerd shirts (T-shirts can't have a brand that isn't Mizzou or vet med related- so a good excuse to buy lots of Mizzou stuff :D). But otherwise, you can wear a hoodie and jeans if you want, and your class can vote on a few things too, so most people don't have an issue with it.

Haha so that nerd shirt code surprises me. Does that mean basically no tshirts at all? I'm thinking like some people would have old HS or undergrad shirts, club shirts, things that aren't like "Sheldon cooper" style.

Haha so that nerd shirt code surprises me. Does that mean basically no tshirts at all? I'm thinking like some people would have old HS or undergrad shirts, club shirts, things that aren't like "Sheldon cooper" style.

Oh no people wear T-shirts all the time!!! Just not from their old schools. If you are feeling rebellious you can always wear it under a jacket or under your lab coat or something, or after hours. Also, when it comes to exam time most people stop caring, so if you are out of laundry no one is going to kick you out because you are wearing a Hogwarts T-shirt or something.

I feel like the only thing the dress code is decently strict about is that we can't wear other university / college stuff... At least in my class we could wear brand name stuff as long as it wasn't offensive ex: AE, Aero, old navy etc... Most days people wear predominately Mizzou stuff..

Are you going to be my future classmate? :)

Are you going to be my future classmate? :)
I am ALMOST positive that I will be going to Missouri, so most likely! I cannot wait to, hopefully, be meeting all of you guys soon! Thank you again to everyone on here that answer questions so quickly and thoroughly. It is extremely helpful :)

How manageable is the workload on terms of classes? I don't have a problem with studying day in and day out but is it common to feel overwhelmed with the amount of information? (Especially asking since Mizzou's course schedule is a bit more rigorous)

I am ALMOST positive that I will be going to Missouri, so most likely! I cannot wait to, hopefully, be meeting all of you guys soon! Thank you again to everyone on here that answer questions so quickly and thoroughly. It is extremely helpful :)
Yay! Can't wait to meet you And everyone else!