University of Missouri CVM c/o 2020 applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For an Arizona girl though-- man I didn't know this kind of cold (18F) even existed!! I'm sure other people from colder areas think this is just fine though! Haha
On the flip side, when I went to interview at Midwestern, I was a bit taken aback by just how warm Arizona weather is... even in December. ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
If accepted I'm going with Mizzou! Just an awesome school!!! Praying for an acceptance!

:D We'll be super excited to have you. Good thoughts and fingers crossed!!

Reactions: 1 user
Not going to lie... This wasn't my number one school that I wanted to go to so I went into the interview without any emotions and with an openmind. During the interview, I fell in love with the three interviewers and had the best interview that I have had so far this year. After touring the school and meeting more students who go there, now I really hope that I am accepted. I had such a great experience that changed my mind completely.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone on here know how heavily the interview is weighed? I fell in love with the school, but I was soooooo nervous during my interview!

Anyone on here know how heavily the interview is weighed? I fell in love with the school, but I was soooooo nervous during my interview!
Theoretically, the interview is 20% of your application in "overall impression." At least, that's what I always understood! (There always could be a little bit more tucked in somewhere but that's what I got from looking at the breakdown).

And it's okay that you were nervous! They are fully aware that the normal interviewee is all sorts of nervous, and they don't count it against you!

I really hope you guys enjoyed your visit to Missouri. I know we as Ambassadors love our job giving you tours and answering your questions. Hopefully everyone gets their GRE scores in ASAP so that decisions will go out before Feb 1st!

Reactions: 2 users
I really hope you guys enjoyed your visit to Missouri. I know we as Ambassadors love our job giving you tours and answering your questions. Hopefully everyone gets their GRE scores in ASAP so that decisions will go out before Feb 1st!
THIS! Yesterday in my interview they said they were missing 5 GRE scores so if any of you still hasn't sent in your GRE scores please do so ASAP so we can get decisions ASAP! :)

I asked when we would find out their decision on acception and the lady told me that as soon as they have our unofficial fall grades we would find out. Do you know anything about the truth of that statement?

I asked when we would find out their decision on acception and the lady told me that as soon as they have our unofficial fall grades we would find out. Do you know anything about the truth of that statement?
Very true. It doesn't take long after they have all of the stuff in to get decisions back. The issue is everyone needs to get their stuff in....

OK cool so hopefully I hear soon..... The wait is the worst

OK cool so hopefully I hear soon..... The wait is the worst
During my interview day yesterday she said she'd need all fall grades and GRE scores. She said she was still waiting on all 5 GRE scores to be submitted. But she started the final point calculations yesterday

And the wait begins... *in agony*

Will decisions be made through email or snail mail?

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year I received an email at 2/3/15 at at 8:42am :p
Early in the morning! Praying to wake up to an acceptance email! I'm nervous because I stumbled over words and repeated myself at times because I was SO nervous. I hope they do not count that against me :(!!

Early in the morning! Praying to wake up to an acceptance email! I'm nervous because I stumbled over words and repeated myself at times because I was SO nervous. I hope they do not count that against me :(!!
They understand you are nervous, don't worry :)

OH EM SQUEEE can't believe interviews are already happening were has time gone. Before you know it we will be fighting over y'all to be our littles :p:):p:):p:):p:):p:):p:)

OH EM SQUEEE can't believe interviews are already happening were has time gone. Before you know it we will be fighting over y'all to be our littles :p:):p:):p:):p:):p:):p:)
I hope to be accepted and have one of you guys as my big!!!!!!!!

Coming close to feb 1:barf:super nervous and have been checking my email non-stop ! Anyone else on the crazy boat like me?

Coming close to feb 1:barf:super nervous and have been checking my email non-stop ! Anyone else on the crazy boat like me?
Is that when they are making their decisions???

They said they would let us know final decisions NO LATER than Feb. 1st! I'm stalking my email!

I tried checking on Thursday where they were at, but I had really bad timing and Kathy wasn't in the office either time I checked in. I will be checking in on Monday to see where things are at :)

Reactions: 5 users
I tried checking on Thursday where they were at, but I had really bad timing and Kathy wasn't in the office either time I checked in. I will be checking in on Monday to see where things are at :)
Thank you!!!!!!

Would any current students be willing to post a pros/cons list about Missouri? I know there have been some made in the past on the "Factors when picking a school" thread, but most of these seem pretty outdated at this point. Some of the possible topics I'm sure a lot of us would be interested in knowing more about are the following:

- **typical caseload in SA/LA/etc. Do you get to see exotic companion animals in the SA clinic? During the tour, I was a little nervous to find that not much was going on at the hospital, especially in LA.
- typical cost of living per month (studio/1 bedroom apartments are mostly what I'm interested in)
- likelihood of getting some sort of scholarship
- PBL opportunities?
- what kind of surgical experience do you get/how much of it? (spays, neuters, etc.)
- ***thoughts on building facilities (anatomy labs, classrooms, teaching hospital, etc)? Honestly when I went on the tour, I wasn't all that impressed. Overall everything seemed fairly dark and cramped, especially the classrooms/cafeteria
- Do you get exams back? How do you feel about the exam schedule that Missouri uses? It seemed pretty unnecessarily compact/intense just to make sure people get two years of clinics.
- Are all classes recorded?
- How are class notes distributed (for free online, printed for you, etc.)?
- Thoughts on the elective courses?
- Is parking easily available to students? If so, how much does it cost? Located near school?
- How are the gym facilities at Missouri? How far from the vet school?
- overall thoughts on the curriculum structure? are there any changes that incoming first years should expect?
- *Any proposed tuition increases in the near future?
- Are you able to freely observe procedures in the hospital (even as first years)?
- job/volunteer opportunities for first years in the teaching hospital?
- thoughts on the location of the school itself
- how long are the summers for students? What years do vet students have the summers available for externships?
- thoughts on the class size?
- how are breaks structured on a typical class day? enough time to workout, study, etc. during this time?
- any other annoying nuances (or good things)?

I know some of these things are fairly specific and strange, but I'm just trying to get the best picture of the school as I can. Any info on some of these would definitely be appreciated! If anyone else wants to add to this list, feel free!

Would any current students be willing to post a pros/cons list about Missouri? I know there have been some made in the past on the "Factors when picking a school" thread, but most of these seem pretty outdated at this point. Some of the possible topics I'm sure a lot of us would be interested in knowing more about are the following:

- **typical caseload in SA/LA/etc. Do you get to see exotic companion animals in the SA clinic? During the tour, I was a little nervous to find that not much was going on at the hospital, especially in LA.
Our caseload in the SA hospital is very busy. LA/Equine are very crazy during the fall and spring. When you guys visited it was on a Saturday plus most ambassadors don't tour *the entire* hospital so that's why you didn't see many patients.
Our weak point is exotics. You won't see much of them at all in our hospital. HOWEVER. We get 10 weeks of electives and up to 16 weeks of prectorships which is WAYYYY more than most schools so if you want to go somewhere to get exotic experience (like the kansas city or st. louis zoo), you can get it!

- typical cost of living per month (studio/1 bedroom apartments are mostly what I'm interested in)
There's TONS of cheap living here! If you are looking for 1 bedrooms, you are looking at 400-600 per month rent/utilities-wise depending on where you look. There's cheap housing for everyone here!
There's a packet you get with your acceptance letter, and they have a similar one every year. It's never much (1,000-4,000) is "typical," but every bit counts.
- PBL opportunities?
Not a bunch of that here but we do have a PBL elective during your last pre-clinical block.
- what kind of surgical experience do you get/how much of it? (spays, neuters, etc.)
Depends on the person. We have surgery labs with cadavers and live pigs, but like I said there's so many opportunities during clinics! I'm doing a shelter externship this summer (Will probably do 20-30 surgeries), but I know people who have done 100s of surgeries by spending electives/prectorship time going to shelters and clinics who offers surgery experience.
- ***thoughts on building facilities (anatomy labs, classrooms, teaching hospital, etc)? Honestly when I went on the tour, I wasn't all that impressed. Overall everything seemed fairly dark and cramped, especially the classrooms/cafeteria
Aw I actually really love our little cafe and think it has lots of room for everyone so I'm sorry you thought it was dark/depressing. Overall the building is a little older but I think it's fine. Everything else is suited well for our needs.
- Do you get exams back? How do you feel about the exam schedule that Missouri uses? It seemed pretty unnecessarily compact/intense just to make sure people get two years of clinics.
We do for some that are written exams, those on computer we can review at a date closer to the final normally. I LOVE the computer system, because it's instant access to my grade, that way I know and can move on with the rest of my life. The exam schedule is rough. There's no two ways about it. But. The first "semester" they "ease" you in, so to speak, so the craziness really doesn't pick up until finals/block 3. I know this is odd... but you do acclimate. I just had 3 exams this week and I felt almost no stress... you'll always have an ocean of information coming at you but you become a much better swimmer. The thing is, the extra year of clinics is, in my opinion, worth it. I've talked to dozens of grads and employers that said we are ready for practice and everyone I have every talked to thought that extra year is a bit of an advantage when applying for jobs.
Yep. It's fantastic and most professors use it.
They are online and available to do what you choose. Some print them out (we have a printing quota here which is nice), some put them on oneNote.
For clinics we have all sorts of awesome electives. For pre-clinical we just have one block full of electives but we are exposed to a lot during our core curriculum so there's not much yet that I wish we had an elective for.
- Is parking easily available to students? If so, how much does it cost? Located near school?
For first year, you park 10 mins away. I enjoyed the walk myself, some did not. Second year onward is MUCH nicer and you park down the hill. Only 150 a year which is cheap
Free state-of-the-art gym about 2-3 blocks from the vet school. Really nice rec center!
- overall thoughts on the curriculum structure? are there any changes that incoming first years should expect?
Overall, I like our curriculum. If I don't like a class it's normally over in 8 weeks, and we only have to focus on 4-5 classes at a time which is so much better than my friends at other schools that have to take 9-10 classes at a time. It IS intense, and takes a lot of work, but so does every single other vet school. If you look at it "time wise" we only shave off 8 weeks from a "normal" 3+1 curriculum so we aren't mashing in or as "accelerated" as what a lot of people think...
Not that I'm aware of...
- Are you able to freely observe procedures in the hospital (even as first years)?
Yeah I believe so, especially if you email the clinician and express interest. Most of the time you're too busy for that though
All sorts. Dog walker, Clin path tech, ICU tech, etc.
It's okay I think. Depends on how picky you are haha.
- how long are the summers for students? What years do vet students have the summers available for externships?
8 weeks normally. I thought this was a fine time frame, a few would disagree. First year a bunch of my class did research, though if you look there are some. After 2nd year in MO you are classified as a third year and can do externships!! I'm doing 6 weeks of them that count towards my MO license hours and I'm SUPER excited for them!
Never had a problem with it. If you want individual time with a prof it is easy to do and the labs are split up well. Anatomy can get a bit crowded during block 3-4 but honestly it's still not bad at all. Our class is pretty close-knit and I adore most people in it haha.
- how are breaks structured on a typical class day? enough time to workout, study, etc. during this time?
We normally have 10 minutes per class, plus an hour for lunch. You will have a few odd 2 hour breaks here and there that you could use to go to the gym if you want, though most people study in the library or go home during these times.
- any other annoying nuances (or good things)?

I know some of these things are fairly specific and strange, but I'm just trying to get the best picture of the school as I can. Any info on some of these would definitely be appreciated! If anyone else wants to add to this list, feel free!
My answers are in bold :)

Reactions: 3 users

We have a pretty decent caseload overall, whether you are talking about food animal, equine, or small animal. I am not in clinics, so I can't speak to it as well as some others. But I feel, working in the ICU, that our case load from a small animal perspective is pretty substantial. In terms of large animal, the number of large animals that are typically within the hospital are not fairly large as the cost to stay at the hospital is fairly large, and the owners are only willing to spend as much as their animal is worth. A lot of the case load is seen outside of the hospital, only a portion of your large animal rotation is actually done in the veterinary teaching hospital.

In terms of exotic companion animals, I know there is some degree that they are seen, but do keep in mind that we do not have an board certified clinician for exotics on staff. With that said, if you are interested in exotics, I feel University of Missouri is actually one of the best places to go. A HUGE aspect of getting into the exotics world is networking, and you can do a lot of networking with up to 20 weeks (2 free 8 week blocks + 2 free 2 week blocks) (16 weeks if you get 6 week blocks as your off blocks) of free blocks, which is not quite seen with other schools. So if that is something you are interested in, you could do a ton of exotics work during that time, even more so then an exotics tracking school (for my frame of reference, I am comparing my original IS, may be different elsewhere)

If you are looking for a 1 bedroom apartment, I originally lived in a place that a bunch of vet students lived in with single apartments for 375 a month (and they allow 2 pets). Generally if you are looking for a 1 bedroom as opposed to an apartment with others, it will be more expensive. But if you wanted to live with others, you are looking less in the 300s/400/500s range and more in the 200/300s range

The "likelihood" is not great for the bigger scholarships, AKA you don't see the majority of students getting scholarships. However, you can apply for up to 6? (I should know the exact number since I am in the process of applying for them right now, but it's somewhere around there) scholarships, as well as receive scholarships that you didn't apply for (ie. based off of performances in certain courses). For me, scholarships were much less of a worry, as this is your second cheapest option for an OOS school (only behind NC-state).

As ashgirl stated, and I forgot, you do get a little bit your first year.

- PBL opportunities?

There is a PBL elective in IP11, but otherwise, PBL is not currently emphasized a whole lot.

Once again, I am probably not the best to ask on this, but in terms of spays and neuters, I know the program is aiming to get you 30 spays and neuters by the time that you graduate. This number and program was recently implemented, but from what I have heard from 3rd and 4th years, people are starting to get fairly close to that number. Also remember that this is specifically for stuff you do that is required by the vet school. I cannot emphasize how much this school allows you to follow your own track with the amount of free time that you have during clinics. So if you want to get a ton more surgery experience in your free blocks, go ahead!

In terms of other surgeries, you will be trained in dentals and mass removals. However, some of the more difficult surgeries, for liability reasons, won't be performed by you. You of course will be scrubbing in, and better know exactly how that procedure is done, but you will play an assisting role in the more complicated surgeries.

I get what you are saying with this. The auditorium has no windows, which is unfortunate in that there is no sunlight and gives a dungeon feel, but is also beneficial in that you stay more focused (I can say I notice a drastic difference in how attentive I am in Adams conference center, which is full of windows, vs. the auditorium. I would not describe the anatomy lab as cramped personally. I feel like there is more than enough room to get everything done that you would need to. In terms of study rooms/cafeteria feeling cramped, you have to remember that during free time/lunch, people are eating/studying/relaxing in a wide range of areas. Thus, it doesn't have a cramped feel, as there simply isn't enough people in any one area to make it feel particularly cramped.

Compared to other vet schools, I was impressed with the facilities at the veterinary hospital. The chute system is pretty fantastic, and (I am probably biased here) I love the ICU. I am not sure what your qualms may have been about the veterinary hospital, but I could try and better answer them (or get someone currently in clinics to better answer them) for you.

Only a couple of teachers at our school do written exams, so if you are looking for a physical copy of the test, you will get it from some teachers and not others. Most of our tests are on the computer, and those you will normally receive instant feedback for. AKA, I submit the exam, and then the questions with answers and answer that I chose will come up, allowing you to review where you may have had confusion.

The exam schedule is more challenging than other schools. I will not deny that. I hear what my girlfriend is doing in terms of exams, and I hear what my friends from undergrad (that are currently in vet school) are doing in terms of exams, and our schedule tends to be much worse. I wouldn't call it unnecessarily compact. The added clinic time is a huge bonus. Employers tend to value the extra time that we have in clinics. In any event, you get used to it. It sounds crazy, but that becomes your normal, and a week with 1 or 2 exams feels like a break week. And a week with 3 or 4 exams feels like a normal week. I know it sounds hectic, I came from an undergrad where I had at max 2 exams a week, but you honestly get adjusted to it fairly rapidly.

Almost all of them. A couple of teachers may forget occasionally, and there may be a couple that don't record all of their lectures, but for the most part, they are almost all recorded. \

A combination. Only one teacher prints them out for you to purchase, and that's only for your first semester. Otherwise, you will sporadically get some printed for you, but most people tend to use something like a surface pro, and write in your notes on the computer (rather than have hard copies of everything)

They look cool? I am excited for two in particular, but they are a little ways off for me. I think there may be 1 or 2 that happen before IP11, but they predominantly occur in IP11. Also, I remember you did mention that you may be interested in exotics earlier. We do have a raptor rehab course that just started this year, which you can take during your first year. Everyone I have talked to about it is a huge fan of the course.

It is. But I would say this is my biggest con as a first year. It is a 7-10 minute walk to and from class during your first year. As a second year, you literally park right next to the school. In terms of cost, I feel like it was a bit more expensive for the lot next to the vet school, and was somewhere between like 150 and 500

They are decent. They are on par with my undergrads overall. It is technically walking distance from the vet school, or a quick 2-3 minute drive.

Curriculum structure is awesome. When you are learning about, lets say the respiratory system in one class, they try and make it so you are learning about it in all of the classes. Granted, they can't make this happen in all of the classes always (Ie. if a class allotted 2 weeks for respiratory system, and another course has it allotted for 3 weeks, then you will be learning about different stuff for a week). But overall, I feel like it is very helpful to be learning about the same subject, just from a different perspective. The overall curriculum of learn your basic sciences first and learn about abnormalities that deviates from normal afterwards, is a pretty typical approach at most vet schools.

I mean, all vet school do the typical 1-2k every year/couple of years. But nothing major (ie. like Wisconsin increase of 5k/year for 4 years)

Yes, if you have time. I am in the process of trying to shadow a radiologist in the hospital, in addition to working ICU (where a lot of cool stuff comes through). However, a lot of people do not feel like they have time to do something like that during your first year, so you have to figure out what would be best for you.

AHCC (after hours clinic crew) allows you to work in the ICU for as much as you are comfortable with during your first and second years. Colic team and foaling team allow you to get involved in terms of horses. There are other opportunities, but I am not thinking of them off the top of my head.

I love Columbia. I am a huge foodie, and the food of this area matches up with how particular I am (born and raised 30 minutes from NYC, and went to an undergrad with fantastic food places available). In terms of things to do, I feel like it has just about as much as any other college town, while also offering escapes to a more rural feel if that is more your thing. I personally love how outdoorsy Columbia is as well.

Another major con with the school. Summers are 6-8 weeks long (I think ours is 7 or 8 weeks this summer). When you say externships, you could be meaning two things, so I will answer both. If you mean like typical internships, you can do that during your first summer and second summers. During your third year summer, you may be doing an externship via clinics, but you would be in clinics at that time.

I like it. We had 123 to start and lost a few during our first semester, most for personal reasons. I think it is just right in terms of size.

Definitely. You always get at least an hour each day. On some day you may end up with 3ish hours (or more). A lot of it tends to depend on what lab section you are in (A vs. B)

Let me know if you have any other questions :)

Last edited:
I laugh when people complain about the parking costs because the parking fee was a huge relief for me. (But my undergrad would charge 600 for parking semi-sort of close to campus). I don't know if I have much to offer. I actually wasn't super impressed when I toured Mizzou either. I was also kinda against coming back to Missouri (I had to apply as out of state but I did grow up here) so admitting to myself that Mizzou was the best choice for me was difficult.

But now I'm in my third IP and I am so glad I picked it. It really comes down to what each person needs in a school. I needed a school where I wanted the following big criteria:
--Food Animal (And the food animal clinic here looks great. As a student you get to see more of it. We try to give the best tours possible but occasionally we can't. In the winter not a lot is happening. Occasionally when we have an easily stressed animal we will tour someone down a hallway with nothing in it. Nothing personal, we just care about our patients.)
--Small "feeling" community (or have that available through clubs or something) (And I love that I'm terrible with names and I still probably know 80% of people. Most people know almost everyone. We're so tight knit that some people even know what care I drive because of my bumper sticker and I've only had a few conversations with them. Or maybe we're all creepers.)
--Cheap housing. I pay 300 in a 3 person town house with like, no pet limit. (and with 4 dogs, a cat, and 2 rats I think we would've found a limit :p )
--Traffic that wasn't terrible but with a decent selection if I wanted to do something fun. People "claim" traffic here gets bad during football season. But honestly I can get across town in 20 minutes (except right at 5) and I'm used to an undergrad where if there was a wreck on the road it would easily take 45-over an hour extra delay for how many people there are.

So, for summary it depends on what you're looking for, and what you're used to. I was used to giant east coast city with more of an "elite" competitive atmosphere, and stupid expensive prices for food, fun, and living.

Columbia is a quiet-er (but building up) college town with a way more relaxed atmosphere.

If you want to talk to someone who wasn't "in love" with Mizzou off the bat I'm always available. Even if you just want an outside opinion about other schools. I can tell you if some of the stuff you're putting on your pro/con list are reasonable or if you're just kidding yourself. (Because I put a lot of dumb things on my first list.). If I don't answer tell STL to yell at me, he's on here more than I am.

A note about food animal... we have actually been quite busy for the last 7 months straight. Interview weekends were some of the only weekends I can recall throughout my internship that we haven't had animals in the clinic. I was on call for one of the interview weekends and did see 3 emergencies, so there were things happening behind the scenes.

Some people have alluded to seeing exotics. In my 2.5 years of being a clinical student/intern here at Mizzou, the only exotics I have heard about are:
birds of prey (commonly seen by Ophtho)
zebras rarely seen by equine (you can own any non-native species in MO, depending on city restrictions)
things brought in to have surgery from nearby zoos... I know there was a lion brought in at the start of my internship, and that's about it.

We do not see exotic pets (birds, ferrets, rabbits, etc.) and current hospital leadership does not wish to change this. As someone stated, we do not have an exotics vet. We have a good working relationship with a local vet (she actually comes in and teaches a couple of pocket pet lectures in didactic) and she also is who we refer any emergencies to in those species.

As a food animal vet, I may be willing to treat someone's chicken or rabbit if they want me to. My first emergency call as a vet was about a chicken. But ultimately it is up to me whether or not I see it.

A note about food animal... we have actually been quite busy for the last 7 months straight. Interview weekends were some of the only weekends I can recall throughout my internship that we haven't had animals in the clinic. I was on call for one of the interview weekends and did see 3 emergencies, so there were things happening behind the scenes.

Some people have alluded to seeing exotics. In my 2.5 years of being a clinical student/intern here at Mizzou, the only exotics I have heard about are:
birds of prey (commonly seen by Ophtho)
zebras rarely seen by equine (you can own any non-native species in MO, depending on city restrictions)
things brought in to have surgery from nearby zoos... I know there was a lion brought in at the start of my internship, and that's about it.

We do not see exotic pets (birds, ferrets, rabbits, etc.) and current hospital leadership does not wish to change this. As someone stated, we do not have an exotics vet. We have a good working relationship with a local vet (she actually comes in and teaches a couple of pocket pet lectures in didactic) and she also is who we refer any emergencies to in those species.

As a food animal vet, I may be willing to treat someone's chicken or rabbit if they want me to. My first emergency call as a vet was about a chicken. But ultimately it is up to me whether or not I see it.
I am in agreement completely here, except we had someone try and come through with emergency one night for a free wellness check for their two newly adopted rats, which is offered through the VTH (she had the coupon for it with her). So there has to be some degree of at least seeing some pocket pets (or at least the opportunity to do so)? Do you know anything more about this?

I am in agreement completely here, except we had someone try and come through with emergency one night for a free wellness check for their two newly adopted rats, which is offered through the VTH (she had the coupon for it with her). So there has to be some degree of at least seeing some pocket pets (or at least the opportunity to do so)? Do you know anything more about this?

By and large, the community practice service does not see pocket pets. The wellness visit offers are marketed toward dogs and cats. An individual doctor *may* agree to see something that isn't a dog or a cat, but the front desk staff really funnels those requests to private practices in the area.

Thank you guys for all those answers (and for asking!), Mizzou seems like it's full of genuine, down-to-earth people and that's a huge selling point to me personally. I'm currently deciding whether or not to take another OOS interview so I emailed Kathy about the timeline and she told me she has the scores and is hoping to send out notifications in the first couple of days this coming week! Time to panic all week!!

Reactions: 4 users
Do all admissions offers go out at once or are they spread out?

Do all admissions offers go out at once or are they spread out?
If they do what they did last year, they should be all at once(for acceptances anyways). Waitlists might be a little before of after acceptances are sent out, but that should also be in a single batch.

If they do what they did last year, they should be all at once(for acceptances anyways). Waitlists might be a little before of after acceptances are sent out, but that should also be in a single batch.
And they send email right? No phone calls???

So excited to find out! I pray we all get in!!!!!

Let's get some entertainment going guys ......I bet $12.54 and my magical unicorn that we will hear about acceptances tomorrow (1/26).

Good luck you guys! I'm excited to see many acceptances on this page! If you are undecided and have further questions feel free to reach out. I'm a 3rd year on clinics so I can answer pretty much any question. :D

Good luck, everyone! I hope to see some acceptances on this thread soon! :xf::luck:

Still nothing on the IS side of things, so at the moment I'm living vicariously through y'all. Haha. :laugh:

It's going to be hard to stay focused in class today! The wait is horrible. I'm still waiting to hear from 3 others also.....
I'm in cell bio absolutely NOT focused. I have one more interview on Saturday. But if accepted to Mizzou 90% sure I'll cancel that interview :p

I'm in cell bio absolutely NOT focused. I have one more interview on Saturday. But if accepted to Mizzou 90% sure I'll cancel that interview :p
I'm taking cell bio also. Have one little quiz today to stay focused on then I can tune out! lol. I still have Auburn to go to on Feb 5th.

I'm taking cell bio also. Have one little quiz today to stay focused on then I can tune out! lol. I still have Auburn to go to on Feb 5th.
I'm so tired of interviews and I've only been to three so far (only applied to 5 schools). So I hope Mizzou is it for me! Are you OOS or IS?

I'm so tired of interviews and I've only been to three so far (only applied to 5 schools). So I hope Mizzou is it for me! Are you OOS or IS?
I'm OOS from Ohio. I applied to 7 schools, interviews at Auburn, OSU, LMU and Missouri, denied an interview with Michigan State, and waiting to hear from Kansas State for an interview and I'm on a waitlist for an interview with Midwestern. Last year I only received an interview with Auburn.

I'm so tired of interviews

I can agree with this. I am so grateful to have received as many as I have, but I honestly have not had a day off of work, school, or traveling, since December and I am SO exhausted. It's stressful packing, unpacking, catching flights, getting ready for interviews, interviewing, blah blah blah. Not to mention that all these trip expenses really add up. Granted, I wouldn't trade this stress for the world and I know tons of kids would kill to be in my position, but I won't be totally disappointed when they are all over.

I'm OOS from Ohio. I applied to 7 schools, interviews at Auburn, OSU, LMU and Missouri, denied an interview with Michigan State, and waiting to hear from Kansas State for an interview and I'm on a waitlist for an interview with Midwestern. Last year I only received an interview with Auburn.
This year is your year :)! Have you heard from your IS? I was reject from mine but came to find out I only fell inlove with my IS due to location. Fell inlove with Mizzou for what it truly is. I hope you get accepted to your top choices!! :)

I can agree with this. I am so grateful to have received as many as I have, but I honestly have not had a day off of work, school, or traveling, since December and I am SO exhausted. It's stressful packing, unpacking, catching flights, getting ready for interviews, interviewing, blah blah blah. Not to mention that all these trip expenses really add up. Granted, I wouldn't trade this stress for the world and I know tons of kids would kill to be in my position, but I won't be totally disappointed when they are all over.
Exactly how I feel. This cycle I've received 4/5 interviews with 2 acceptances so far so I'm very thankful as well but it is only my mom and I so I HATE having her to keep spending. I help with what I can but I don't make much at my job. Would just love for this whole process to be done with to give her a financial break.

This year is your year :)! Have you heard from your IS? I was reject from mine but came to find out I only fell inlove with my IS due to location. Fell inlove with Mizzou for what it truly is. I hope you get accepted to your top choices!! :)
I had my interview but have not heard back yet. I worked so hard over the summer and had a ton of quality hours with different vets and I feel like I'm extremely ready this year. I'm glad that I'm a second year applicant becuse of all the experice that I gained over the summer. It's been a long ride but I feel the hard work will pay off this year. However, if I have to make a choice between some schools, that is going to be extremely hard. I love them all and they are so different from each other.