University of Tennessee c/o 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
According to the Fact of the Day, dogs wag their tails to the right when they're happy and to the left when they're frightened.

So what happens when it goes back and forth from right to left over and over?? :eyebrow:

"Yay! I'm so... Ahh! Scared!...Happy happy... holy crap, run!!"

:bullcrap:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
According to the Fact of the Day, dogs wag their tails to the right when they're happy and to the left when they're frightened.

So what happens when it goes back and forth from right to left over and over?? :eyebrow:

"Yay! I'm so... Ahh! Scared!...Happy happy... holy crap, run!!"

:bullcrap:

Haha! This actually kind of made my day of anxious waiting a lot better! Thank you!

The last we heard from Deborah was that it will be Wednesday or Thursday (at the earliest?).

Has anyone spoken to her today to find out about any updates?

Members don't see this ad :)
My friend just asked and found out that they are hoping to have them out tomorrow!

People are starting to get emails. Keep your heads up people pm me if you have questions or want more info about knoxville to make a decision.

Reactions: 2 users
People are starting to get emails. Keep your heads up people pm me if you have questions or want more info about knoxville to make a decision.

Wait so they are sending them today?

Reactions: 1 user
Welp, ignore my post then!:whistle:

They're starting to go out ladies and gents. Look for those of us with UTK c/o under our names to help you make decisions! PM if you'd like :D

Reactions: 5 users
I'm in!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 7 users
Congrats!!!! :D. Did they call or email?

They sent me an email. Before I opened it I could see the "congratulations!". I hope some other SDN'ers got in, hopefully I can make some friends early!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in!

Omg!!!! It's really happening! Congratulations x50!
If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?

They sent me an email. Before I opened it I could see the "congratulations!". I hope some other SDN'ers got in, hopefully I can make some friends early!!

If that's your way of saying you're mailing in your acceptance of the offer letter (which must be hand-signed and snail-mailed FYI - at least it was last year ;) ) then those of us that are here are happy to chat! You don't have to wait :) Congrats, and welcome!!

I just received word I'm on the instate alternate list. Very disappointed but still somewhat hopeful.

My stomach is eating itself. Ahhhhh want to know!!

Reactions: 1 users
Omg!!!! It's really happening! Congratulations x50!

My stats are surprisingly pathetic.

My overall GPA is a 3.5
Last 45 3.56 or something (I made a D that I immediately retook and made an A. If I hadn't got in my last 45 would have changed to a 3.9)
Science - no idea. I made As in all of my upper division sciences (ochem 1,2; biochem, cell molec, parasitology, virology, micro) but made a C in bio 2 and chem 2
Experience: about 420 hours of vet experience.
Focus: pathology - and I honestly believe this is what did it for me. I have virtually no interest in small animal medicine, pathology is where it's at for me.

My stats are surprisingly pathetic.

My overall GPA is a 3.5
Last 45 3.56 or something (I made a D that I immediately retook and made an A. If I hadn't got in my last 45 would have changed to a 3.9)
Science - no idea. I made As in all of my upper division sciences (ochem 1,2; biochem, cell molec, parasitology, virology, micro) but made a C in bio 2 and chem 2
Experience: about 420 hours of vet experience.
Focus: pathology - and I honestly believe this is what did it for me. I have virtually no interest in small animal medicine, pathology is where it's at for me.

Thank you for sharing! Are you in state or out of state?

Thank you for sharing! Are you in state or out of state?

I'm in state. Graduated from MTSU with an animal science degree, double minor in bio and chem.

I'm in state. Graduated from MTSU with an animal science degree, double minor in bio and chem.

Congrats again! I'm out of state and waiting on pins and needles, but I would love to be your classmate!!!!
If I get that "pleased to inform you," email, I will have no reservations- if they accept me, I'm going!

Oh, yes, I was in last year and had to defer for medical reasons :)
I was looking at last years thread and had worried about that (although it was none of my business! ). I'm so happy you are well and will be in the class this year!

Any OOSers hear? I feel like Ive just heard ISers hear back.... Congratulations to those who got in by the way!

Any OOSers hear? I feel like Ive just heard ISers hear back.... Congratulations to those who got in by the way!

I'm an OOSers and I received an email about 30 mins ago that I was on the alternate list.
Good Luck!!

ACCEPTED OOS!!!! Seriously so excited and happy right now!!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats to everyone so far. Keep your heads up even if it is a no. The status doesn't define you what defines you is what you do next. Do you give up, do nothing, or does it fuel you to improve and bring an even better you next year? It's your choice.

Reactions: 4 users
The longer is goes the more sad I get. I don't know if that's rational at all, but I can't help it. Anyone else?

I got my email at 11:19... I really thought they would all go out at the same time! Maybe they're just making sure they don't make any mistakes?

OOS accepted!

I will probably accept my in state offer for financial reasons but I feel so incredibly honored at receiving the invite. For me getting to and into vet school has been a long journey of repeated applications and frustration, so to have a choice of schools makes me feel like the luckiest person alive. Congratulations to everyone who got in and don't give up to those of you who didn't or got wait listed! :highfive:

Reactions: 7 users
I'm OOS and waitlisted! Hoping I get good news at some point cause I really love UTK :)

Reactions: 3 users
OOS accepted!

I will probably accept my in state offer for financial reasons but I feel so incredibly honored at receiving the invite. For me getting to and into vet school has been a long journey of repeated applications and frustration, so to have a choice of schools makes me feel like the luckiest person alive. Congratulations to everyone who got in and don't give up to those of you who didn't or got wait listed! :highfive:

Just got in!!!:D

Reactions: 6 users
I understand the disappointment the wait listers are feeling, but don't give up hope. I was OOS and wait listed (at three colleges) and what I think happens is that many people sit on their acceptances until the last minute when they have to make a decision, and then after April 15th the wait lists move really fast.

So don't despair! Wait list does not equal no! I got called in off of two wait lists last year, so I am living proof that there is vet school after wait list!

Congrats to all who got in so far, and keeping good thoughts for those still waiting :)

Reactions: 3 users
I'm OOS accepted!!! congrats to everyone else who is in as well!

Reactions: 2 users
OOS ACCEPTED!!!!!

Hello, classmates!!!! So excited to meet you all!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
OOS accepted!!! I cannot wait to meet all of you!!!

Who else started crying when they opened the email? I was in the library, but I just burst into tears.