University of the Pacific Entering 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
what are you allowed to bring to the interview? What did you guys bring?

I brought a small purse that had just my wallet, note pad, pens, phone, and lipstick =) and a folder that had a copy of my email and confirmation for the interview and the copy of my I.D. I think everyone else brought about the same; maybe not the lipstick and purse though lol

Members don't see this ad.

Going to Interview for UoP 11/17th. Any advice or expectations?

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't received the packet yet either.

I talked to Veronica yesterday and she said they were gonna try and mail it out yesterday. If not, latest would be Monday.

I talked to Veronica yesterday and she said they were gonna try and mail it out yesterday. If not, latest would be Monday.
thanks for the info! will it be an email or a hardcopy via snail mail?

for those of you that got accepted, did you guys receive an email for a background consent request from Certiphi?

Going to Interview for UoP 11/17th. Any advice or expectations?
Are you tier 1 or 2?? Are they still going through tier 1 or have they started with tier 2?

I have no idea why it's taking me so long to hear from them. I submitted my supplemental mid September so that would make me tier 2 right?

Last edited:
for those of you that got accepted, did you guys receive an email for a background consent request from Certiphi?
I got it when Northstate accepted me. I think we only need to do the background check once for all schools right?

Just got an invite from USC but still no word for UOP.. What -_-

I just got the admissions packet today. Yay!!

Reactions: 1 user
I got it when Northstate accepted me. I think we only need to do the background check once for all schools right?
yeah im pretty sure certiphi makes it available to all the schools participating in it...not 100% sure tho

Members don't see this ad :)
There just went $1K! It's getting more real now...

Anyone going to the interview on Nov 14?

For those who already interviewed/accepted, how did you prep for your interview? I realize this is kind of last minute.... Besides why do you want to be a pharmacist, what other questions did they ask you?

And what kind of writing prompt did they ask you?

Thanks for any help!

I just got my interview date on January 9th. Is that too far away in time? :/ I submitted everything on October 8th and PharmCAS was verified on the 24th.

I received an email confirmation today from UOP. They have everything they need and I am Tier 3. I was supposed to be Tier 2 but there was a mix up with PharmCAS not receiving a transcript on time. Oh well. Just going to sit and wait for the interview.

Anyone going to the interview on Nov 14?

For those who already interviewed/accepted, how did you prep for your interview? I realize this is kind of last minute.... Besides why do you want to be a pharmacist, what other questions did they ask you?

And what kind of writing prompt did they ask you?

Thanks for any help!

I didn't do anything special to prepare, like what GaryTang89 said, just be yourself and relax. The interview with the student had the typical interview questions. The interview with the professor was really relaxed, almost like a talk-story session with one scenario question.... They were all so nice, just relax =)

Being myself could be dangerous, I dont know if theyre ready for it yet. HAHA! im kidding. Thanks everyone

I just got my interview date on January 9th. Is that too far away in time? :/ I submitted everything on October 8th and PharmCAS was verified on the 24th.
That's interesting. I believe I submitted before you. Wondering why I haven't heard from them yet?

Are all students either accepted or put on hold after their interviews? or is there a group of students that are rejected? Im thinking students on hold until march/april are either rejected, waitlisted or accepted right? Does anyone know??

For people who got admitted, how and where did you turn in your Housing and Greek Life Office Waitlist Form from the admissions packet? Do we have to mail to a certain address?

Does anyone know where to get more info about the different apartment communities? What were your top three choices?

Just received an acceptance email today Interview was last week on 11/14). Good luck to the rest.

I am having a hard time logging into my insidePacific to confirm the offer of admissions. Did anyone else have this problem? Are we allowed to change the default password?

I am having a hard time logging into my insidePacific to confirm the offer of admissions. Did anyone else have this problem? Are we allowed to change the default password?

once you get a packet, it has all ur login id and password info.
you can later change it through locksmith or something to access e-mail, which i still cannot get access to for some reason. i changed my password, logged into admitted one and submitted deposit but cant still log in for the e-mail!

but yeah, if you received a packet, just do what it says

once you get a packet, it has all ur login id and password info.
you can later change it through locksmith or something to access e-mail, which i still cannot get access to for some reason. i changed my password, logged into admitted one and submitted deposit but cant still log in for the e-mail!

but yeah, if you received a packet, just do what it says

Yea I tried entering in my PacificNet ID and default password from the admissions packet but it says there was a mismatch. I can't login at all to insidePacific and I have to respond by this Friday!

I was Tier 2, so near end of October

How were you able to get an interview on 11/14 if you submitted your application near the end of October? Submitting near the end of October would place you in Tier 3, and from what they told me last week they haven't even gotten started on reviewing Tier 3 applications yet.

I submitted mine on 10/1 (Tier 2 deadline) and they told me they haven't even started reviewing my application yet.

It's strange but I have received interview invitations from schools barely 1 week after receiving my application, but with UOP I still haven't heard anything after almost 2 months. It's pretty frustrating.

Someone please help! Im still going to turn in my application. The deadline in on the 1st but I read about pharmcas verification taking place after you submit? Can someone please explain that? Im getting REALLY scared.

Congrats to all who have been accepted so far!!

How were you able to get an interview on 11/14 if you submitted your application near the end of October? Submitting near the end of October would place you in Tier 3, and from what they told me last week they haven't even gotten started on reviewing Tier 3 applications yet.

I submitted mine on 10/1 (Tier 2 deadline) and they told me they haven't even started reviewing my application yet.

It's strange but I have received interview invitations from schools barely 1 week after receiving my application, but with UOP I still haven't heard anything after almost 2 months. It's pretty frustrating.

Sorry I meant that I submitted Tier 2, at the end of September. Near the end of October was when, I believe, they sent me the interview request for 11/14. I was then sent an email detailing my acceptance and also sent a package dated 11/20 with further instructions.

Did anyone from Tier 3 receive any information regarding interviews?

Just got an invitation today, I scheduled the interview on Jan 23rd.

when did you submit your app?
I submitted the supplemental on Oct. 3 after I interviewed with Northstate ;). So I was placed on Tier 3, I didn't expected them to contact me since I have a very low self-confidence since my GPA is not that outstanding but I was surprised to get the invitation.:). So just keep on hoping, they will get to you soon.

I submitted my application on 11/1 (third tier i believe) and still haven't heard back :(

any one from tier 4 heard back anything?

I'm Tier 3 as well, haven't heard from them yet. Hopefully soon though!

I dont hear anything yet... I submit mine on 11/1 2014... got email on dec 22. saying they are on preliminary review process.. I don't know when they are going to let me know anything... Hopefully I will hear from them soon

Waiting is hard core. Its been 6 plus weeks. Every week I receive an email stating that my application is complete.

Just got an interview for the 30th (last available spot it looks like)

Just got an interview for the 30th (last available spot it looks like)
does that mean january 30th is the last day for interviews held and none after that?

does that mean january 30th is the last day for interviews held and none after that?

I'm not 100% on it but it only showed me 3 interview dates I could apply for and all 3 were in January. January 30 was the only open one however so I had to take it.

EDIT: Jan 16, Jan 23, and Jan 30 were the 3 options

PharmCAS says interviews are October - March. I hope January is not the very last interview dates given.