VMRCVM 2015 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hahah! that might be the next form of interview when the newness of the MMI wears off.

Hahaha Omg. Then sdn acceptance topics would include a line about our gym benching stats.. gpa 3.6, benches 113, gre 630,580,5.

Members don't see this ad.

IS Applicant here...still waiting on an email...they definitely said Tuesday!:eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
IS Applicant here...still waiting on an email...they definitely said Tuesday!:eek:

I know... I've sort of given up since it's past business hours now.. :(
Though our Interview notifications were sent at 4:45 AM...? So who knows.

Last year the first Emails (to IS students only) were sent 2/4 and they interviewed the same days as we did. The OOS and MD applicants didn't get emails until 2/8..

looks like they will be needing that wiggle room! at least I have places to go tomorrow and thursday so I wont have to be sitting here clicking refresh for hours.
+pissed+

Hope we all get good news when it comes!! Drinks all around until then! :rolleyes:

Yeah I would rather they take their time than rush to make a deadline. Here's to another night of spotty sleep and crossed toes! Cheers all around, let's keep our spirits up! :highfive:

Just got an e-mail from Joyce saying they will be out tomorrow around 5! Keep an eye out for your e-mail!

Just got an e-mail from Joyce saying they will be out tomorrow around 5! Keep an eye out for your e-mail!

same, work is going to suck tomorrow! I get out at 4 and then I'm driving up to north jersey right after. UUUGH :xf::xf:

I haven't heard from the VMRCVM since I submitted my supplemental. Is it safe to assume that I am denied at this point??

I haven't heard from the VMRCVM since I submitted my supplemental. Is it safe to assume that I am denied at this point??

same. are you in is?

maybe there will be another interview weekend???? i hope

If you didn't hear, you were probably on the interview waitlist and I don't think there are any other interview weekends, last year I believe was only two days full of in state and out of state interview candidates. But I guess it's good to hope until otherwise told. :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my email too! I'm in! OOS too! I have a question though, does VMRCVM overaccept for OOS students? Do they only accept of the first come/first serve basis?

There was a clause in the letter that said "The offer of admission to the Class of 2015 is valid until April 15, 2011 or until the 15 at large positions have been seated."

I want to take my time making my final decision but I don't want to feel like I have to rush at the risk of losing my spot.

Congratulations to those who were accepted! I'm on the alternates list, but I'm guessing that that particular list doesn't see a lot of action. :( Hope to see you all next year!

I just got my email too! I'm in! OOS too! I have a question though, does VMRCVM overaccept for OOS students? Do they only accept of the first come/first serve basis?

There was a clause in the letter that said "The offer of admission to the Class of 2015 is valid until April 15, 2011 or until the 15 at large positions have been seated."

I want to take my time making my final decision but I don't want to feel like I have to rush at the risk of losing my spot.

I'm in, too! OOS -- so, I'm feeling the same thing you are birty88! I feel great right now, but my stomach is in knots over that phrase!

Officially rejected from my IS :( I really want to be back in the burg!

Next year I won't even have an IS because my residency changes!! Oh well onto next year I guess!! :oops:

Congratulations to those of you that got in!! :D

Deeee-nied! Expected as much, after no invite materialized.

Congratulations to all that got in! :thumbup:

:woot:

Deeee-nied! Expected as much, after no invite materialized.

Congratulations to all that got in! :thumbup:

:woot:

Same situation right here - got the denial letter about an hour ago. Not too bummed though. I would think that the VMRCVM is one of the hardest schools to get into and besides that I have some other interviews. Gotta keep thinking positive! Congratulations to everyone who got in!!!:)

Congratulations to those who were accepted! I'm on the alternates list, but I'm guessing that that particular list doesn't see a lot of action. :( Hope to see you all next year!

My friend last year got put on the alternate list last year... and she is in her first year this year, don't give up yet!

I am IS and undergrad at tech and I also got in!... this is the goal I have been working towards for 8+ years since high school.

I would say a large majority of our class is from the wait list! I was wait listed and got the call just a couple weeks later with a spot open!

Also, I'm sure they do over-accept OOSers, so you might want to put a deposit down just in case if you are seriously considering going here!

Congrats everyone! Can't wait to meet y'all (that is if I survive Feb-exams out the wazoo-ruary)!

:highfive:Congratulations, those of you that got in! I'm really sorry to those of you that didn't, but I'm sure that you can make this happen another time.

To Ottergirl and any other alternates: Don't give up just yet! We have several people in my class from the alternate list. In particular, the MD list moves quite a bit.

Accepted IS! I am in shock, can't wait to be a hokie!!

alternate -- and the waiting continues.....

Now to find a place to keep my horse... :D My housing comes second.. lol.

Congrats to everyone who got in, and those on the alternate list as well! Our alternate list moved quite a bit last year, so don't worry too much! Can't wait to see you all in the fall :)

And those of you who didn't get in this year, there's always next year. Remember each year depends on the applicant pool, and this year apparently the number of applicants was up by like 11%. We have some people in who applied 5 or 6 times too..It can always happen!

:D:D:DAccepted as well! :D:D:D I'm OOS, and I'm also worried about the whole 15 seats being filled. It almost seems like a speed game, but i'm still waiting for my other schools before making a decision though. (This is the first US school that I have heard from.) Plus, the $1000 non-refundable deposit is a bit steep for me to dish out and then have the possibility that I would go somewhere other than VM.

Congrats to everyone who was accepted!! :soexcited::biglove::rofl:

And sincere condolences to those who got rejected (that was me last year), Good luck on your other interviews! :luck:

Just got my IS acceptance! I'll be seeing ya'll August 16 for orientation!

PS- The deposits for VMRCVM are steep! My IS deposit is almost as much as the OOS ones for my other acceptances.

Hiya! I'm new in town. And an alternate. :xf:

Just wondering, will the admissions department let us know where we rank on the list? Did I make a big mistake by even asking? I'm a Marylander, so I'm holding out hope, but mostly hoping my OOS applications will come through. Also, did they deny any of the people they interviewed or just divide us into "accepted" and "alternate"?

Got my IS (MD) acceptance yesterday! I'm still in shock, I had to re-read the email like ten times this morning just to make sure it wasn't all just a dream, hahaha! Congrats to everyone else, I can't wait to meet you! And alternates, I wish you the best of luck and I hope those lists move quickly!

Now to find a place to keep my horse... :D My housing comes second.. lol.

I'm bringing my horse too, and know plenty of people that know tons of farms in the area. I'm planning on field boarding to save money and there are tons of places with really nice field board and rings/jumps/etc.

let me know if you want info!

So is there going to be some kind of facebook or forum group for the c/o 2015 so we can start to get to know each other before Aug?

So is there going to be some kind of facebook or forum group for the c/o 2015 so we can start to get to know each other before Aug?

I think a facebook group sounds like a good idea. Good luck all you alternates - I hope the list moves quickly, so lots of you alternates get spots at VMRCVM. :xf:

(grin) Well, I'm an OOS alternate. Keeping fingers crossed! Happy to at least be able to say that!!
Fidils

I know some people who boarded their horses at Walnut springs and loved it. http://www.walnutspringstables.com/

Wow! It's beautiful! And so close to campus too, thank you for the link!

I'm bringing my horse too, and know plenty of people that know tons of farms in the area. I'm planning on field boarding to save money and there are tons of places with really nice field board and rings/jumps/etc.

let me know if you want info!

Yes please! I am a stickler about Barns so I will probably go check out a few of them before making any decisions. My girl is 24h pasture board, just because she prefers it to being stall-bound. I'm hoping to find a place that has pasture board, feeds grain 2x/day, and has a lighted arena. I want a lighted ring so that when we are in class 8-5 in the winter I can still saddle up after dark. We jump for fun, but we don't compete or anything, though I would like a place with lessons as well. On the FB page I am Rachael Elizabeth, so you can message me with any information you might have, I would REALLY appreciate it :)

Without getting myself in trouble for slander, I wouldn't necessarily recommend WSS for boarding. They're relatively expensive, and aren't terribly well managed. Pasture board is $225 a month, and is located somewhat inconveniently. Stall boarding is more than that.

Yes, its nice to have the lighted arena, but my horse HATED it because it's on the top of a hill and surrounded by pastures. When I moved him he chilled out considerably.

I guess, check it out for your own self. Just be aware they have been having problems.

I have never been more than just driving by, so I don't really know about it other than what I've heard...good to know :)

Hello all, I am an alternate too... Though I am not quite sure if they consider me instate or out of state....I live out of state but my drivers license, car registration, and voters registration is Virginia.

Does anyone know how long their alternate list might be?:confused:

Does the instate alternate list move fast too? If you are on the alternate list this year, do you have a higher chance of getting in next year if you don't make it this year?:confused: