Vote for President

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vote for President

• Hillary Clinton

Votes: 150 52.1%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 138 47.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh . . . so now the anti-safe space right wants a safe space for Mr. Pence? I kid, partially.

I might agree a bit with that article if Mr. Pence said something to the extent of: I thank the cast for their opinion, but I went there for a show. Please call my office at XYZ, and I will discuss their concerns.

But, nope, Mr. Pence had Mr. Trump overreact, fight his made-up battles, and demand an apology from a polite cast member (he even asked the audience to not boo). The cast member was respectful and chose to address Mr. Pence as he is allowed to (and arguably encouraged to do so as it was a peaceful address from a constituent - Pence is going to be VP for all Americans).

So, if actors can't voice their opinions because you/your article wants a safe space in theatre and from "those people", who can voice concerns to politicians?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/20/politics/mike-pence-hamilton-message-trump/index.html
Pence says the boos and cast member's address are "what freedom sound like." And he said he wasn't offended. Maybe his boss can learn from him. (Edited to add this last part)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
And so do the people, the media, the liberals, the "elite", whoever. They hit back. He better get used to it and stop being a whiney little p*ssy about things not being fair. His crybaby tears are going to flood the coasts faster than global warming. Is that the plan?

Im cool with it. Tit for tat, never back down.

Im sure he's under no illusion that the liberal media won't give him an easy time like that did that failure Obama.

Oh . . . so now the anti-safe space right wants a safe space for Mr. Pence? I kid, partially.

I might agree a bit with that article if Mr. Pence said something to the extent of: I thank the cast for their opinion, but I went there for a show. Please call my office at XYZ, and I will discuss their concerns.

But, nope, Mr. Pence had Mr. Trump overreact, fight his made-up battles, and demand an apology from a polite cast member (he even asked the audience to not boo). The cast member was respectful and chose to address Mr. Pence as he is allowed to (and arguably encouraged to do so as it was a peaceful address from a constituent - Pence is going to be VP for all Americans).

So, if actors can't voice their opinions because you/your article wants a safe space in theatre and from "those people", who can voice concerns to politicians?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/20/politics/mike-pence-hamilton-message-trump/index.html
Pence says the boos and cast member's address are "what freedom sound like." And he said he wasn't offended. Maybe his boss can learn from him. (Edited to add this last part)

Never appropriate to stop a play that someone pays for to give an unsolicited political opinion.

It would like a baseball player stopping the World Series to tell Obama "we don't agree with your affirmative action stance towards White people and we just wanted to let you know that in a respectful way". I could imagine how the liberals would respond under such a scenario.

Also, it was you weak liberals that started asking for "safe spaces" and all that liberal nonsense.

Members don't see this ad :)
Never appropriate to stop a play that someone pays for to give an unsolicited political opinion.

It would like a baseball player stopping the World Series to tell Obama "we don't agree with your affirmative action stance towards White people and we just wanted to let you know that in a respectful way". I could imagine how the liberals would respond under such a scenario.

Also, it was you weak liberals that started asking for "safe spaces" and all that liberal nonsense.

I don't think it was stopped. The play ended. Pence was walking out at the end, before the cast had left their stage.

Oh nice, the "you started it!" argument in reference to safe spaces. Are you my 5 year old? Or my 3 year old? Your article called for it. "Whatever your political persuasion, I believe the theatre, like a cinema, spa or an empty church, is supposed to be a sanctuary."

Do you read what you link to?

Sorry, @FFP - I gave in and spoke to him. It's so hard to stay away.

Reactions: 1 users
Perhaps you'll believe those liberal commies at NASA? You know, actual scientists? Or do I have to start posting Science and Nature papers?

Being a skeptic is one thing, but you're as much a climate change denier as Pete Duesberg is an AIDS denier. The science is real, even if you don't want to believe it. This is all I'll say since the cognitive dissonance is simply getting stronger.

http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

Yeah except all your liberal commentators basically are "speaking from authority" in quoting the climate scientist figures (which are highly manipulative and fraudulent) where they keep using the "97%" stat instead of arguing scientifically about the implications/policy/etc.

Calling anyone who doesn't believe this stuff is a "denier" or "believes the moon landing is fake, gravity is fake" or some other strawman argument attempting to silence dissent.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I don't think it was stopped. The play ended. Pence was walking out at the end, before the cast had left their stage.

Oh nice, the "you started it!" argument in reference to safe spaces. Are you my 5 year old? Or my 3 year old? Your article called for it. "Whatever your political persuasion, I believe the theatre, like a cinema, spa or an empty church, is supposed to be a sanctuary."

Do you read what you link to?

Sorry, @FFP - I gave in and spoke to him. It's so hard to stay away.

I read on Russia Today that they stopped the play for like 3 hours in the middle while all the actors ran into the audience and physically assaulted Mr. Pence.

I think we've pretty much covered that it doesn't really matter what actually happens, only how someone in Russia can spin it for MrDrCommonSense to regurgitate.

Reactions: 3 users
I read on Russia Today that they stopped the play for like 3 hours in the middle while all the actors ran into the audience and physically assaulted Mr. Pence.

I think we've pretty much covered that it doesn't really matter what actually happens, only how someone in Russia can spin it for MrDrCommonSense to regurgitate.

I read that one of those "thugs" grabbed him by the pus.

I tend to have very little respect for fanatics. You should, too. They are usually a waste of time.

Most intelligent (and scientifically-educated) people tend to have a healthy dose of skepticism about everything. We don't really "believe" in most things; we consider them more likely than not, on a probabilistic (gray)scale. People who are fanatics tend to see the world in a (black or white) adversarial manner: if you are not for their belief (system), you must be against, and that's bad. Usually these people lack skepticism about their own beliefs, meaning that they will filter out anything that contradicts them (like I probably would if somebody started posting that the Sun revolves around the Earth). You have about the same chance of convincing them as talking to a wall. They have reached the cult level, where they have no doubts. They, on the other hand, will pursue you tirelessly, because they don't seek enlightenment, they seek approval, they want to feel clever and respected (mea culpa, too). Homo sapiens is a very vain animal.

Also, a person who has very strong beliefs in one area will have them in many (it's about lacking the skeptical mindset, I think). Sometimes they can be even truly intelligent, just young and naive. A lot of skepticism (especially about one's own opinions) comes with age and experience. (That's maybe why a lot of great people seem modest.) Regardless, it's a waste of time to argue with a person who just "knows"; they are not your kid, you're just wasting time for the sake of your vanity.
Another psychological aspect of "fanaticism"-
I don't think fanatics evaluate the world and things around them in logical sequences. "Effective" thinkers, (aka normal people), evaluate info from the world around them to develop evolving views of reality/truth.

Fanatics do things the opposite way, and it's why they usually appear ignorant and a little (or a lot) crazy. They have some sort of inner catastrophes going on that define the outside world. Their mind is ill and so the world is ill. So when the outside world shows something obvious to us, the fanatic cannot fathom that their skewed interpretation is wrong. So everything must be a "conspiracy", and all the info we're getting is biased.

You can't convince someone like that. Those people are stuck. They need treatments that involve "fixing" the inside, not barraging them with the outside over and over again.

They're not dumb, they're just not right. Like autistics, they may actually be of above average intelligence. I think Ben Carson is a good example. Extremely accomplished and obviously intelligent, but batsh1t crazy interpretations of the world around him.

Reactions: 1 user
Ah, the religion of it all...

HH
Yeah. Nothing wrong with religion I guess. But there's something "off" when you can ignore facts and interpret the world through magic god glasses. It's like Pat Robertson's analysis that "the gays" caused Katrina.

Moderators, I think it's time we close this thread which I started almost one year ago. A new thread was created called "Donald Trump's Presidency" which can continue this topic. Thanks

Perhaps you'll believe those liberal commies at NASA? You know, actual scientists? Or do I have to start posting Science and Nature papers?

Being a skeptic is one thing, but you're as much a climate change denier as Pete Duesberg is an AIDS denier. The science is real, even if you don't want to believe it. This is all I'll say since the cognitive dissonance is simply getting stronger.

http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

I stopped taking the official NASA narrative seriously when Obama put this clown to run the program:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Bolden

Plenty of NASA scientists I have quoted don't believe in the "official" NASA nonsense line written by a political hack Obama appointed.

Another psychological aspect of "fanaticism"-
I don't think fanatics evaluate the world and things around them in logical sequences. "Effective" thinkers, (aka normal people), evaluate info from the world around them to develop evolving views of reality/truth.

Fanatics do things the opposite way, and it's why they usually appear ignorant and a little (or a lot) crazy. They have some sort of inner catastrophes going on that define the outside world. Their mind is ill and so the world is ill. So when the outside world shows something obvious to us, the fanatic cannot fathom that their skewed interpretation is wrong. So everything must be a "conspiracy", and all the info we're getting is biased.

You can't convince someone like that. Those people are stuck. They need treatments that involve "fixing" the inside, not barraging them with the outside over and over again.

They're not dumb, they're just not right. Like autistics, they may actually be of above average intelligence. I think Ben Carson is a good example. Extremely accomplished and obviously intelligent, but batsh1t crazy interpretations of the world around him.

Sounds like normal liberal logic, good that you are able to diagnose your own mental state so well.

Very infrequently do liberals like you have that level of introspection. Must've gone through years of therapy to determine this.

Like I said, I take RT more seriously than CNN these days. Thats how sad the liberal media has become.

Don't be mad that we aren't all as dumb as you to not understand the level of propaganda coming out of the mainstream media that has been proven through Wikileaks.

Like I said, I take RT more seriously than CNN these days. Thats how sad the liberal media has become.

Don't be mad that we aren't all as dumb as you to not understand the level of propaganda coming out of the mainstream media that has been proven through Wikileaks.

Ad hominem attacks! That's what all the smart people use!

What you don't seem to understand is that we're all consuming propaganda, if you want to call it that. We just each choose what kind. And some of us choose the wacko crazy kind.

You're good at what you do, but Ken M puts up even STUPIDER sh1t and people buy it!
IMG_3873.jpg

IMG_3871.jpg
J

Attachments

• IMG_3873.jpg
    IMG_3873.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 54
Ad hominem attacks! That's what all the smart people use!

What you don't seem to understand is that we're all consuming propaganda, if you want to call it that. We just each choose what kind. And some of us choose the wacko crazy kind.

Maybe you didn't realize who started with that crap? Want a safe space now that I hit back?

You choose the controlled corrupt corporate media as your litmus test because you aren't the sharpest tool in the shed who thinks he's "elite" watching CNN.

Status
Not open for further replies.