Wait-list Support Group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got a call... and it wasn't a telemarketer. It was some woman ranting at me about my phone number and then a musical voice saying I've been prank dialed by prankdial.com :rage: I was sooo pissed! No one I know would do this to me while I'm waiting for a call from adcoms. :wtf:
Any time I get a telemarketer phone call while expecting an adcom, I merge the call with this robot and get a kick out of the caller's frustration, at the very least.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Seeing that some schools are still moving a lot of people gives me some hope. Now if only Tulane would accept people like crazy as well....

Reactions: 4 users
Seeing that some schools are still moving a lot of people gives me some hope. Now if only Tulane would accept people like crazy as well....
I withdrew last week and only got the notification confirming my withdrawal yesterday. So their next wave of acceptances will be coming

Reactions: 1 users
Texas Lone Prairie
Hear the crickets?
Waitlist silence - looked at all Texas med school threads and TMSDAS WL thread this morning and I see no posts about acceptances since 5/21 when I last updated my Texas watch.
6 more days y'all, for those hoping to move up to a more desired school if you already have a spot.
A few more weeks of possibility (until orientation) for Texans with no offers so far
stock-photo-12127154-longhorn-and-bluebonnets.jpg

Well my top choice is now full. Time to hang my hat up. Grateful I have something to fall back on! Best of luck to everyone still waiting!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well my top choice is now full. Time to hang my hat up. Grateful I have something to fall back on! Best of luck to everyone still waiting!
i think most schools are full now but there can still be acceptances from other schools which will cause waitlist movement

i think most schools are full now but there can still be acceptances from other schools which will cause waitlist movement

There definitely can but it's better for my personal sanity not check these forums everyday haha.

There definitely can but it's better for my personal sanity not check these forums everyday haha.
yes im gonna probably do the same and you definitely shouldnt be looking here a lot since youre already in lol.

Today acceptances were seen at: WUSTL, Yale, Dartmouth, UCI and Uniformed Services.

@gyngyn Approximately how many waitlist acceptances have been given from UCI overall? If you have access to that, that would be great. As always, thank you for your time.

@gyngyn Approximately how many waitlist acceptances have been given from UCI overall? If you have access to that, that would be great. As always, thank you for your time.
I cannot give you that information.

Wow, Dartmouth?? Figured their movement was done...

Are the acceptances you see actually going out today? Or did they go out yesterday and get reported today?

Wow, Dartmouth?? Figured their movement was done...

Are the acceptances you see actually going out today? Or did they go out yesterday and get reported today?
They showed up as new acceptances today on AMCAS.

seems like nowhere but UCI and WUSTL had movement for the past week or so

Someone was pulled off the waitlist today at GTU.

Texas Update: yesterday a bit of southern hospitality was shown as I saw:
2 UTMB WL offers
1 Texas A&M WL offer
2 UTSA WL offers
all these happy folks were in-state applicants.

Last edited:
Hi @gyngyn, thank you so much for your help with all the waitlist info.

I was wondering - we are told that students can be pulled off the waitlist up until the day classes start, unless they have already matriculated at another school. But how does that work? What information can schools see regarding the candidates on their wait list? For example, can they see what other schools they received acceptences at, then which school they chose to commit by April 30, and/or any other updates like that?

Hi @gyngyn, thank you so much for your help with all the waitlist info.

I was wondering - we are told that students can be pulled off the waitlist up until the day classes start, unless they have already matriculated at another school. But how does that work? What information can schools see regarding the candidates on their wait list? For example, can they see what other schools they received acceptences at, then which school they chose to commit by April 30, and/or any other updates like that?
We are required to notify other MD schools if we plan to offer an acceptance to a waitlisted candidate.
At this point, when we access our AMCAS waitlist, we can see where a candidate is currently holding an acceptance. We would only be aware of previous acceptances if we kept a log.

We are required to notify other MD schools if we plan to offer an acceptance to a waitlisted candidate.
At this point, when we access our AMCAS waitlist, we can see where a candidate is currently holding an acceptance. We would only be aware of previous acceptances if we kept a log.
At what point can the schools that have wait listed me see where I hold an acceptance? Is there a specific date or does it vary from school to school. I thought that only schools that have accepted you could see where else you hold an acceptance.

Oh and again thanks for taking your time to answer all the neurotic pre meds including myself. It's nice to know that an adcom member is giving some transparency to this process.

At what point can the schools that have wait listed me see where I hold an acceptance? Is there a specific date or does it vary from school to school. I thought that only schools that have accepted you could see where else you hold an acceptance.

Oh and again thanks for taking your time to answer all the neurotic pre meds including myself. It's nice to know that an adcom member is giving some transparency to this process.
We've seen acceptances on waitlisted candidates for over a month now.

We've seen acceptances on waitlisted candidates for over a month now.
Ahh yes new acceptances after the April 30th deadline. Not acceptances before that date. I just wasn't sure if there was a time where you could see all acceptances that WLed students were offered even before April 30th. Thanks for the clarification.

New acceptances were offered at: Rush, Cornell, VCU, Case and UCI.

Hi @gyngyn, thank you for continually updating us with acceptance info!

Do you know if a majority of wait list movement decreases significantly in June?

I'm wondering if it would be considered a "Hail Mary" to get off the wait list at this point...

Hi @gyngyn, thank you for continually updating us with acceptance info!

Do you know if a majority of wait list movement decreases significantly in June?

I'm wondering if it would be considered a "Hail Mary" to get off the wait list at this point...
The first month after traffic day tends to see the majority of movement, but acceptances will continue to go out as more schools reach their target and need to dip into the alternate list.
Schools that have already started pulling from the wailtist are likely to continue until orientation starts.

Reactions: 6 users
The first month after traffic day tends to see the majority of movement, but acceptances will continue to go out as more schools reach their target and need to dip into the alternate list.
Schools that have already started pulling from the wailtist are likely to continue until orientation starts.
Well, I think that counts as good news. Hoping for better luck in June!

Thank you :)

Reactions: 4 users
Lol. Very True. June just happens to be my birthday month, so I'm being a little superstitious haha. Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone :)
It's my birthday month too :D. Happy birthday to us ;). I hope yours comes with an awesome acceptance. Mine is during orientation week at my current acceptance.

Reactions: 2 users
Lol. Very True. June just happens to be my birthday month, so I'm being a little superstitious haha. Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone :)
I got an acceptance my bday month so you never know!!

Reactions: 3 users
It's my birthday month too :D. Happy birthday to us ;). I hope yours comes with an awesome acceptance. Mine is during orientation week at my current acceptance.
Thank you <3
& Yes, happy birthday to both of us! I'm sure yours is well deserved!

I got an acceptance my bday month so you never know!!
I remember that!! I'm crossing my fingers! Hopefully we'll be classmates ;)

Texas update : The deck is shuffled and being re-dealt! Only 1 0r 2 new acceptances posted up since yesterday, both at Lubbock.
There have been some SDN members specifically stating where they are releasing their spots (or not taking a new WL offer, but staying with the hand they were dealt). I probably won't post freed spots like this again because it makes my brain hurt, but in the last 2 days people said they were letting go of:
TAMU, TCOM, UTMB, UTSA, Lubbock, and UTSW. One of each. Good luck to you if you are one of those WLs!

Reactions: 2 users