West Virginia (WVSOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi all, for all how have been accepted, when are you guys generally planning to actually move to Lewisburg? Just wanna get a general idea.

My fiance and I are planning on moving out there sometime between early April and late May. She is an RN and a lot is contingent on her getting a job at the hospital. In the mean time, I may try and get a part-time job with the local ambulance service in Greenbrier County (anyone know anything about the local EMS?) until August ^.^

Members don't see this ad.

My fiance and I are planning on moving out there sometime between early April and late May. She is an RN and a lot is contingent on her getting a job at the hospital. In the mean time, I may try and get a part-time job with the local ambulance service in Greenbrier County (anyone know anything about the local EMS?) until August ^.^

Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just declined my acceptance at WVSOM. I hope my spot goes to one of you guys. Good luck!

Interviewed on the 29th.......anxiously awaiting a decision.....:thinking:

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed on the 27th! I too am eagerly awaiting a decision! AHH

Reactions: 1 users
For those interviewing on this Wednesday (2/5), are you planning on staying in the town after the interview? If so, let me know if you would like to explore the town together!

Members don't see this ad :)
Fingers crossed....Hoping today is the day....:)

To all you get accepted, very happy for you. I am getting ready to give up my seat. I hope someone deserving out there gets it. I loved the people and school. It's a great school.

To all you get accepted, very happy for you. I am getting ready to give up my seat. I hope someone deserving out there gets it. I loved the people and school. It's a great school.

You changed your mind!! Where did you end up accepting?

You changed your mind!! Where did you end up accepting?

Loved WVSOM, everyone was nothing but respectful. But I found LMU-DCOM more suited for me and my family . Very excited for myself and all who get accepted for WVSOM and LMU-DCOM.

Loved WVSOM, everyone was nothing but respectful. But I found LMU-DCOM more suited for me and my family . Very excited for myself and all who get accepted for WVSOM and LMU-DCOM.

Awesome! Congrats and good luck to you and your family

Check your status guys for those who interviewed on 1/27!!

Good Luck 1/27 interviewees!!!

Have they posted decisions for the 1/27 interviews? Good luck to all!!! :)

Interviewed 1/24
Accepted 2/4

:) I couldn't be happier. What a great school and staff! Pending my other ii's, I will be seeing you all in August! Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed 1/24
Accepted 2/4

:) I couldn't be happier. What a great school and staff! Pending my other ii's, I will be seeing you all in August! Best of luck to everyone!

Congrats!!

Does anyone know cut-off date for ii? I'm trying to gauge my chances as I am in the decison deferred category. Thanks!

Does anyone know cut-off date for ii? I'm trying to gauge my chances as I am in the decison deferred category. Thanks!

When I interviewed they told us that interviews are held even through March.

ACCEPT APPLICANT!!!
Interviewed: 1/29
Completed: September :p
scores already mentioned previously (lower side of spectrum)

Got my acceptance today!!!! SOOOOOO excited!!!!!
Interviewed: 1/29

:soexcited::claps:WVSOM Class of 2018:soexcited::claps:

Reactions: 2 users
ACCEPTED!!! Interviewed 1/29... Super excited!!!!

Class of 2018 here I come!!

Reactions: 2 users
I just cancelled my interview at WVSOM for this coming week. I hope one of you guys get it!

Interviewed 2 days ago (2/3), checked my portal on a whim just now - Accepted (my first-ever!)

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed 2 days ago (2/3), checked my portal on a whim just now - Accepted (my first-ever!)

Same! Congratulations! To everyone that hasn't heard back yet and/or are waiting: don't ever give up on your dreams. I never believed that working hard pays off until today. Its really true! Just keep swimming!

Is anyone accepted on here female and looking for a roommate? Also - should I start looking for housing even though I am still waiting for instate schools to get back to me? Like... what if I commit to an apartment with a roommate, but I hear back from a school in.... say May. Would I be a really really mean person to say, sorry, but I'm not going to this school anymore?

Interviewed 2/5

Accepted!!!!

I will see you all in August!

Is remediation/failure (<70%) a common occurrence? Does the school work hard to help students succeed and to keep students in the class, or do they seem fine with a certain amount of attrition? Their handbook says they they can actually recommend dismissal for a class failure. Is this what they lean toward, or do they try to find a way to help you retake a course and to be more successful in the future? Is there a policy about exam re-takes rather than entire course re-takes? I did find this school policy (http://www.wvsom.edu/sites/default/files/policies/Education/E-21_Remediation.pdf), but it doesn't look like it has been updated since 2006 (and I know they have a new curriculum structure, so is it actually possible to remediate a course off campus anymore since no other school is going to have a course that matches what we take?).

What is the school's policy on COMLEX attempts? Do you have to pass their practice COMLEX before you can take the real deal? How is their board prep?

All I can find in terms of graduation rates is this (http://www.wvsom.edu/sites/default/files/.1/Graduation-completion_rates_0.pdf). Has anyone else seen anything that is more updated? It looks like their graduation rate started to decrease, so I am wondering if that trend has continued and if they have even more attrition now.

Hi all, what do I have to do to give up my seat, call the office or email the office? I have accepted the offer for LMU-DCOM.

for those of you who were accepted.. how long did it take to receive the official letter in the mail? also, it says they want the first deposit within 2 weeks.. is that 2 weeks from the time they make the decision, or 2 weeks from when you receive the official letter? thanks!

for those of you who were accepted.. how long did it take to receive the official letter in the mail? also, it says they want the first deposit within 2 weeks.. is that 2 weeks from the time they make the decision, or 2 weeks from when you receive the official letter? thanks!
I think it's two weeks from the date that appears on the official letter. It took about 4 days to get the letter after they made the decision so in reality I had less than two weeks.