Western University - Pomona (COMP) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did everyone add email addresses for the doctors they shadowed? I don't have a few of them and was hoping it would be okay to not list the email addresses...

I just listed phone numbers and have been fine. As long as you have some sort of contact info I think you should be ok!

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone else notice that only 2 letters show up on the Application Summary page through BanWeb? All of my letters are submitted to AACOMAS, but only two are showing as received by Western...

Rejected post-secondary today.. onward I go! best of luck to those with II's here

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else notice that only 2 letters show up on the Application Summary page through BanWeb? All of my letters are submitted to AACOMAS, but only two are showing as received by Western...
Yeah same here. I'm assuming they got the rest of the letters because mine came in the form of a prehealth committee packet.

OOS just got an interview a few minutes ago. MCAT - 11VR, 11BS, 8PS cGPA: 3.84 sGPA: 3.82

Reactions: 1 user
Also, the dates given for interview are the 22nd of October and the 5th of November, both Thursdays.

when did you get the complete email?
I got mine on 8/19 but I still didn't hear anything from Western

I actually never got a complete email. I submitted my secondary about 2 or 3 weeks ago and I received a call today

Members don't see this ad :)
is 9/24 the first interview date of the cycle?

My portal status just changed to "Decision: Please Contact Admissions Office". Anyone else see this on the portal?

well they're not picking up, and its making me nervous....... I feel like this may to be bad news... why would they want us to call the office??

They definitely would not want us to call if they were going to just tell us that we are rejected. Maybe waiting list, but that seems unlikely too.

They seem to give a lot of IIs via phone calls. Perhaps they made the decisions today, but have not yet made the phone calls? I'm gonna try not to get my hopes up.

I have that message too, I'm going to call them in a bit

Edit: never mind mine disappeared too haha

I'm a little late to the party but I just go my secondary.

Can anyone please clarify if reapplicants actually need brand new letter of recs!? This is the first school where I've seen this implemented for a reapplicant. I just applied last year and sent around 5 LORs. I'm currently getting a masters now....but I wouldn't be able to get new LORs til after this semester is over. My old LORs are not even a year old!

"While shadowing an osteopathic physician, what did the experience do to solidify your desire/ambition to become an osteopathic physician?"

What do you do if you haven't shadowed an osteopath yet? I'm still looking for one to shadow. Seems weird that a DO letter isn't required but they ask this question.

I'm a little late to the party but I just go my secondary.

Can anyone please clarify if reapplicants actually need brand new letter of recs!? This is the first school where I've seen this implemented for a reapplicant. I just applied last year and sent around 5 LORs. I'm currently getting a masters now....but I wouldn't be able to get new LORs til after this semester is over. My old LORs are not even a year old!
Im a re-applicant and i didnt submit new LORs i didnt even know you were supposed to. They still gave me an II.

At the end of the secondary it said something along the lines of "submitting this form will not make you complete".... What else did we have to send to the school to make a file complete?

At the end of the secondary it said something along the lines of "submitting this form will not make you complete".... What else did we have to send to the school to make a file complete?

I think they're just referring to your MCAT scores, and LOR.

Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow! There are posts about other topics of course but this thread is surprisingly quiet for that interview day.

Yup goodluck to those who interview tomorrow.

Please give us some feedback, I'll be there on the 8th!

I'll be there on the 8th as well!! Im so excited! Good luck to tomorrows interview group!!

Great interview day. Quick introduction, coffee/breakfast then you plunge right into interviews/MMI. A LOT of interviewees (around 50) but they did an excellent job managing and directing everybody. Awesome interviewees too--everyone was incredibly nice. Hope we get into this fantastic school!

Reactions: 5 users
Great interview day. Quick introduction, coffee/breakfast then you plunge right into interviews/MMI. A LOT of interviewees (around 50) but they did an excellent job managing and directing everybody. Awesome interviewees too--everyone was incredibly nice. Hope we get into this fantastic school!
Good to know. Interviewing on 8th.

Group of 50 seems large. About what percent of the group do you think they accept?

Anybody have a link to this "portal"? Are you guys talking about the "Ban-web" page where we submitted our app? Thanks!

How long do the interviews last?

I received "Application on Hold" email- any current students experience this and eventually interviewed?

how long post-verification does it take to get a secondary?

I asked them about this on interview day last week, they said the system automatically has only 2 letters show up, but that they did actually receive all 5 letters

Post secondary. I did not meet interview eligibility at this time but could be interviewed at a later time.

Sorry to hear that. I know someone who was put on hold last year but was interviewed later in the cycle. I wouldn't lose hope!

When were you complete?