WesternU MSMS 2022-2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It was ok! I keep replaying everything in my head and wish I said things that I forgot to say. But I think it was clear that I was nervous. 😅 It could honestly go either way at this point! There were 9 of us interviewing in my session. Everyone looked like really good candidates..
Oh for sure, no worries, I bet you did well! Yeah I get nervous too, and I forget to say things too, but they will evaluate us as a whole. Wishing you good news! :giggle:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Based off the thread from prior years this is normal. When I was in my interview someone said it takes 2 weeks to hear back, while another person said we’d hear back early May ( we being the people who interviewed 4/12).

Just thinking out loud here but it's kind of interesting how late they make decisions given the June start date. I wonder if there's a lot of Alternate list movement because of this.

Last edited:
Hi guys, also interviewed 3/29 and still havent heard anything back :(

Last edited:
I know there is no official linkage but I read somewhere that most of their students get into WesternU's various programs. Just wanted to know your opinion and whether this has been your experience. It is difficult to find this information. Your input is appreciated. Thank you.
There is an official linkage to COMP, though only 16 out of 26 students from our cohort were eligible to link. This was either due to them not meeting the 494 MCAT requirement or the 3.1 GPA requirement (no more than 2 C's).

Reactions: 2 users
There is an official linkage to COMP, though only 16 out of 26 students from our cohort were eligible to link. This was either due to them not meeting the 494 MCAT requirement or the 3.1 GPA requirement (no more than 2 C's).
Makes sense. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year they accepted 32 students for their MSMS program, but only 27 enrolled according to their website. According to currents students only 26 left
I wonder why they didn’t try to fill all the spots?

I wonder why they didn’t try to fill all the spots?
My understanding was those 5 students were from previous year and repeating the program. But I could have misunderstood them, maybe someone who is currently in the MSMS program can clear this up.

I thought you’d get an email with an update on your account with a link?
Yes our account will say status update and then you can click that link to see the decision (i know cus i previously applied to the program and got rejected lol)

Last year they accepted 32 students for their MSMS program, but only 27 enrolled according to their website. According to currents students only 26 left
The stats on the website are from 2019 class, during the interview they said they have 32 students rn. I also think in the previous post where they mentioned 26 students I think theyre just referring to premeds in their current class with the 16 being offerred interviews for COMP

Well they interviewed about 60 and they choose about 25-30. The last interview was April 12 so they will need a few more days to digest all that information.

Well they interviewed about 60 and they choose about 25-30. The last interview was April 12 so they will need a few more days to digest all that information.
I think what kind of sucks tho is that that interview date got released later (wasnt offerred on the first interview invite) which means they obviously didnt fill the class with the initial interviews and per other posts in the thread was also smaller (9 interviewees). I just wish theyd give an update so we can make arrangements :(

I think what kind of sucks tho is that that interview date got released later (wasnt offerred on the first interview invite) which means they obviously didnt fill the class with the initial interviews and per other posts in the thread was also smaller (9 interviewees). I just wish theyd give an update so we can make arrangements :(
I don’t think it necessarily means that. I think In the prior years they do about 6 sessions as well. 2 sessions each day for 3 days.

I interviewed on the 12th and I was offered that interview before they had finished interviewing the others. I think they probably just stagger the interviews to prevent a frenzy.

In my opinion, no news is good news. This means that they are still deciding and probably trying their best to create a good cohort, people whose goals align well with the program. At least if We get denied We know that it’s because they seriously considered us and decided we weren’t a good fit.

But yes, I totally share your grievances. I want to know if I got in too so I can start packing my bags and start my move across state 😆😂

Reactions: 3 users
Hi Guys! For those of you not in the Pomona area, what is your plan for housing? Have you been in contact with student affairs? Anyone toured the surrounding or suggested living options? Are you going to get a single unit, or look for room/housemates?

Hi Guys! For those of you not in the Pomona area, what is your plan for housing? Have you been in contact with student affairs? Anyone toured the surrounding or suggested living options? Are you going to get a single unit, or look for room/housemates?
Ive been looking at the housing website western provides to look for apt options looks like theres a couple in the surrounding areas and also apartments.com

If admitted I'm going to try to get a place nearby. I haven't seen any good studios for less than $1700/month so I'll probably need to find a roomie. o_O

So during the student Q&A sessions they said that most students were local and lived with their family, but those who didn't do that opted to live in Claremont, Upland or other surrounding cities. WesternU has a complex called the Daumier, but I haven't seen the best reviews. Apparently walls are thin and that can be disruptive. Yelp also provides insight to a lot of the local apartment complexes... for example, I thought Monterey Station looked nice but the Yelp reviews aren't great. As stated above WesternU also has a housing portal that can be used to find places as well.

The stats on the website are from 2019 class, during the interview they said they have 32 students rn. I also think in the previous post where they mentioned 26 students I think theyre just referring to premeds in their current class with the 16 being offerred interviews for COMP
Correct, our current cohort is 32 Students. 5/32 students are pre-DMD. 1/32 is pre-PA. 16/32 were eligible to link with COMP.

Reactions: 1 users
If admitted I'm going to try to get a place nearby. I haven't seen any good studios for less than $1700/month so I'll probably need to find a roomie. o_O

So during the student Q&A sessions they said that most students were local and lived with their family, but those who didn't do that opted to live in Claremont, Upland or other surrounding cities. WesternU has a complex called the Daumier, but I haven't seen the best reviews. Apparently walls are thin and that can be disruptive. Yelp also provides insight to a lot of the local apartment complexes... for example, I thought Monterey Station looked nice but the Yelp reviews aren't great. As stated above WesternU also has a housing portal that can be used to find places as well.
I would suggest looking at nearby cities like Claremont and Chino Hills. They are still near school, but it's a nicer/safer area.
Also, don't dismiss Daumier and Helix. Sometimes Daumier has Wifi issues but you really can't beat their location and amenities.
PS. Monterey Station - bad area

Yes I know 😊 I still think the program would be beneficial to me in other ways.
It would definitely be very beneficial:) Especially because both programs are under the same umbrella of CHS (College of Health Sciences)

Interview update: I called the admission counselor, who talked to the director yesterday, who said they were hoping to send out "accept" emails by end of day today. Fingers crossed if not today, then by tomorrow!

Reactions: 3 users
Interview update: I called the admission counselor, who talked to the director yesterday, who said they were hoping to send out "accept" emails by end of day today. Fingers crossed if not today, then by tomorrow!
Omg. For all interviewees or just for the first 2 sessions?