WesternU MSMS 2022-2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is that the alternative list? How does that work exactly would anyone know more info regarding that?
My understanding is that for this program, there are only 3 decisions: “Accept”, “Non-Accept” and “Alternate”. Alternate is essentially the waitlist yes, but the admissions counselors assured us during the interview that there is movement on the alternate list every year! So don’t despair if you get alternate. People can get pulled off the alternate list as late as 1 week into the program!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would check your spam box regularly. All WesternU emails went directly to my junk folder last year. I almost missed my interview date because of it lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m truly curious about how many decisions they’ve sent out, and if there’s any rhyme or reason to it. Starting to think we won’t hear anything today. The program starts in 35 days.

I’m truly curious about how many decisions they’ve sent out, and if there’s any rhyme or reason to it. Starting to think we won’t hear anything today. The program starts in 35 days.

Do you know when the first day of school would be? According to the catalog it starts on the beginning of June, usually Mo-Fr but last year it started on Thursday, June 3rd I’m trying to move cross country and not knowing if I got accepted is not helping

Do you know when the first day of school would be? According to the catalog it starts on the beginning of June, usually Mo-Fr but last year it started on Thursday, June 3rd I’m trying to move cross country and not knowing if I got accepted is not helping
At the interview they said first day is June 6th!

Reactions: 3 users
Last year we had a Zoom orientation on June 3rd. But ISAC started in person on June 7th.

Reactions: 1 user
Btw, it's our finals week...maybe admins are busy with that too? idk

Who should I email if I want to ask for an update? And what’s the email address?

They switched my counselors. I had Maya Smith until today (?)

Just as I was planning on emailing her, it says it’s Marisela Avila now. I wonder if that’s the reason I haven’t heard yet

My counselor said no decision has been made so far 😮 😟 😢 😬
I’m wondering if they’re going through applicants by order they were interviewed. But either way they’re finally making progress so that’s good! I’m sure we’ll all get a decision at some point this week.

I’m wondering if they’re going through applicants by order they were interviewed. But either way they’re finally making progress so that’s good! I’m sure we’ll all get a decision at some point this week.
I interviewed on 3/29 and still haven’t heard anything 😢

Reactions: 1 users

I was one of the first ones to interview

Daniell Mendoza sent this email update to someone I know today:

“The admissions committee is taking a little longer to send out decisions. I am hoping to have all decisions out by the end of the week.”

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry about that everyone, hopefully you can learn about decisions soon.
I would recommend booking doctors appt for physical as they are requiring it by June 1st and they want you to visit your doctors office twice for titers and stuff. lol :oops:

Daniell Mendoza sent this email update to someone I know today:

“The admissions committee is taking a little longer to send out decisions. I am hoping to have all decisions out by the end of the week.”
“A little” lol but tysm for this update!!

no :( i expect when we do get decisions they're later in the afternoon, when i last applied, my account was updated with a status change at 5:30 p and futurodoctor also got their email later in the day

Last edited:
Was accepted 2 days ago and interviewed on 4/12, are there any Facebook groups etc for housing?

For the people that got accepted, congrats!! who was the counselor you guys were assigned too?

Emailed my counselor today:

"At this time, the Admissions Committee is finalizing their decisions and will be communicating with all applicants soon. We thank you for your patience!”

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Okay...
Reactions: 4 users
Emailed my counselor today:

"At this time, the Admissions Committee is finalizing their decisions and will be communicating with all applicants soon. We thank you for your patience!”
Probably means Monday 😬