WesternU MSMS 2022-2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
On a reddit thread someone said they got accepted already so im very confused lmao

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m withdrawing my application.
I have a few friends in the current program and they have said it is a disorganized mess. They do not have true dedicated faculty, and the faculty hired was a joke.

The things promised like shadowing was not delivered and they do not get much support. If you are hoping to link to a WesternU school then by all means continue. If you are hoping to get a real education like I was do not waste your money.

My friends are disappointed in their experience and would not recommend attending the program. I don’t know if the current students on this forum want to or can speak on this. The tuition is too expensive to dance around this issue.

Reactions: 2 users

I thought it was weird since none of us have heard anything and it was posted before @cassiforniaa had talked to the admissions

Reactions: 1 users
I’m withdrawing my application.
I have a few friends in the current program and they have said it is a disorganized mess. They do not have true dedicated faculty, and the faculty hired was a joke.

The things promised like shadowing was not delivered and they do not get much support. If you are hoping to link to a WesternU school then by all means continue. If you are hoping to get a real education like I was do not waste your money.

My friends are disappointed in their experience and would not recommend attending the program. I don’t know if the current students on this forum want to or can speak on this. The tuition is too expensive to dance around this issue.
Yes, this is not the first time I am hearing this from WesternU students, if you have the resources for another school go with that one.

Yes, this is not the first time I am hearing this from WesternU students, if you have the resources for another school go with that one.
Bummed to hear this- during the student portion of the interview, they all seemed to speak highly of the program? (Granted I’m sure they had to remain PC due to the circumstances…)

Thanks for sharing this- NGL now I’m a little salty as to why no one on this thread had heard anything?
Now I'm getting a bit worried if they told you they are sending out "accept" letters by today and we haven't heard anything from them. Maybe it's a good time to get in contact with them.

I haven’t heard anything either.

Maybe the person from Reddit is talking about the Lebanon campus? Not sure if they have an MSMS program there…

Or maybe they haven’t gotten in, and instead have only received an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I called back again just now- yesterday the director told the admissions counselor (middle man) they would have it done by end of the week (today) but admissions counselor didn’t sound hopeful. They’ll be closed over the weekend so I’d imagine we won’t hear until next week. She also said they’ve sent out ZERO emails so that student was “not speaking the truth” lol

Maybe the person from Reddit is talking about the Lebanon campus? Not sure if they have an MSMS program there…

I asked during the interview, no MSMS in Lebanon right now :(

Theres no MSMS at the lebanon campus. I an hoping its the latter as well

I called back again just now- yesterday the director told the admissions counselor (middle man) they would have it done by end of the week (today) but admissions counselor didn’t sound hopeful. They’ll be closed over the weekend so I’d imagine we won’t hear until next week. She also said they’ve sent out ZERO emails so that student was “not speaking the truth” lol
Omg thanks for doing this 😭😭

I just spoke to Elaine Gonzalez and she assured they haven’t sent out any decisions yet. She said that hopefully we’ll hear news on Monday, and that everyone will probably receive a decision at the same time.

Edit: glad to hear @cassiforniaa got the same info!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
(Venting here) Understandable when deadlines get pushed out- but It’s frustrating that they have not given an update or acknowledged the fact that they’ve missed the deadline they provided to us. If accepted, I’ll need to give 30 days notice at my job and residence by the end of this week, find new housing and relocate down to SoCal all within 6 weeks. (Not to mention getting tution/living financial arrangements finalized) Seems like alot of time, but feels like we will be cutting it close….Especially for the other applicants that aren’t from California! Fingers crossed we hear tomorrow 🤞🏽

Also- does anyone have a heads up on books; like if we can get them used or are we required to buy from the campus store?

(Venting here) Understandable when deadlines get pushed out- but It’s frustrating that they have not given an update or acknowledged the fact that they’ve missed the deadline they provided to us. If accepted, I’ll need to give 30 days notice at my job and residence by the end of this week, find new housing and relocate down to SoCal all within 6 weeks. (Not to mention getting tution/living financial arrangements finalized) Seems like alot of time, but feels like we will be cutting it close….Especially for the other applicants that aren’t from California! Fingers crossed we hear tomorrow 🤞🏽

Also- does anyone have a heads up on books; like if we can get them used or are we required to buy from the campus store?
Those are my exact grievances!! It’s cutting it extremely close. 6 weeks to uproot your entire life and create a new one is no time at all. 🥲

Exactly my grievances. And if not accepted i need to apply for more schools 🙃

Those are my exact grievances!! It’s cutting it extremely close. 6 weeks to uproot your entire life and create a new one is no time at all. 🥲
I was wondering the same thing. Finding a place in such a short amount of time and moving is going to be tough, let alone getting comfortable and becoming familiar with the area.

You will not need to purchase any additional books. All you need to know for science courses will be given in lecture slides.
And if you don’t hear back by tomorrow I would call them again.
However in my case, I was waitlisted and didn’t get accepted till late May. so for some, this wait may not be over this week.

You will not need to purchase any additional books. All you need to know for science courses will be given in lecture slides.
And if you don’t hear back by tomorrow I would call them again.
However in my case, I was waitlisted and didn’t get accepted till late May. so for some, this wait may not be over this week.
This is helpful info, thank you

There are people in our cohort who have done the same thing with sometimes less amount of time. Let’s take a breath and just begin planning under the assumption that you will be admitted.

Make a list of the things you need to do.
Start looking at apartments and creating a list just incase.
Start mentally preparing to pack up if you need to.
Take a look at the website to see if there are health requirements that you need to complete (i.e. tb, influenza vaccination, vaccination records etc.)

The timeline isn’t ideal but it’s life sometimes. You have to be flexible in this program and if you want to be a doctor.

Update: Just called admission and the person who answered the phone said we will hear from them by the end of the week...:cryi:

• Haha
Update: Just called admission and the person who answered the phone said we will hear from them by the end of the week...:cryi:
Someone I know called and got the same answer. Apparently they're still waiting to hear back from some of the interviewers. Lol

EDIT: Admissions called me. Upon clarification, we may NOT hear back before Friday. So I think it's fair to assume we won't know for another week. Apparently they did another interview yesterday or today so that may have had an affect on the delaying of decisions. Admissions expressed that they understand our frustrations and would be frustrated as well.

Last edited:
Someone I know called and got the same answer. Apparently they're still waiting to hear back from some of the interviewers. Lol

Correction: Upon clarification, we may NOT hear back before Friday. So I think it's fair to assume we won't know for another week.
Did they give a reason for it? I wonder what's going on..

EDIT: Admissions called me. Upon clarification, we may NOT hear back before Friday. So I think it's fair to assume we won't know for another week. Apparently they did another interview yesterday or today so that may have had an affect on the delaying of decisions. Admissions expressed that they understand our frustrations and would be frustrated as well.

Thank you for calling them and touching base!! I attempted to email Julie, but she is out of office until May 3rd, so not sure if that will further delay decisions? After emailing Elaine, she simply stated they didn't provide any responses yet. Kind of frustrating that they haven't been able to provide a proper timeframe to get back to us (after already delaying their responses). Been going insane trying to plan next steps. Glad we can all keep each other sane through this forum though.

Reactions: 3 users
Soooo (granted we all get in) are you guys brushing up on your anatomy before ISAC begins or going in fresh? What’re some of your favorite anatomy study habits/tricks/tools?

Soooo (granted we all get in) are you guys brushing up on your anatomy before ISAC begins or going in fresh? What’re some of your favorite anatomy study habits/tricks/tools?
Your first week will be a bone bootcamp, so start studying that ( all bones). I purchased a bone box from Amazon to practice at home, and it was very helpful. I would also recommend to memorize 3 things specifically: skull/hands/feet.
You’ll need to know every little bone, every foramen.
So if you start now, you’ll feel much better when ISAC actually begins.

Reactions: 3 users
When I took anatomy in undergrad, the thing that helped me the most was drawing really good, detailed photos of bones, muscles and organs and then labeling everything. I think there’s something about drawing structures that really helps burn the image into your brain. For those less artistically inclined, anatomy coloring books and anatomy flashcards are really helpful too!