Wisconsin c/o 2019 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got a call from UW admissions this morning as well!!!!!!!! OOS too, SO EXCITED!! :D I was literally shaking while talking to them and I felt like I couldn't form a coherent sentence haha.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 11 users
Ahh, hooray, Annamalita!!!! I was a gibbering mess; I am sure they understand! Congratulations! :) :)

Reactions: 1 user
I got a call from UW admissions this morning as well!!!!!!!! OOS too, SO EXCITED!! :D I was literally shaking while talking to them and I felt like I couldn't form a coherent sentence haha.
Yay! Congratulations! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to you too LadyDoolittle:)

Anyone know if they're still making calls??:scared:
I don't know but I sure hope so. It looks like in previous years calls have been spread out over several days, and some OOS applicants just got a big, brown package in the mail without a phone call. I'm trying to stay hopeful but I'm feeling more depressed as the minutes tick by.... :(

Reactions: 3 users
My last name begins with W...I'm telling myself that maybe they're going alphabetically???

Reactions: 2 users
My last name starts with O, so I'm hoping it's alphabetical too and that they're still in the first half of the alphabet...

Those that have already been called, what's the first letter of your last name? Is there any evidence to suggest they're going alphabetically? I'm an R so I'd be happy to hear that. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know when IS people should be hearing back? I know we won't be called or anything and I hate all this waiting! Lol.

Anyone know when IS people should be hearing back? I know we won't be called or anything and I hate all this waiting! Lol.
Since they started calling, we can only assume they mailed them out yesterday. You should know any day now depending on how quick the mail gets to you.

Those that have already been called, what's the first letter of your last name? Is there any evidence to suggest they're going alphabetically? I'm an R so I'd be happy to hear that. :)
S and I was called fairly early this morning.... I am highly inclined to believe they are not going alphabetically.

I don't think they mailed out acceptance letters yet, so in state will have to wait a bit. Rumor is they will mail it on Thursday, but I could be completely wrong. I know the wait is rough, but hang in there!

My last name starts with a J

edit** I see now we ruled out the alphabetical order, from the previous posts. Makes me wonder how they decide who to call....?

My last name starts with a J

edit** I see now we ruled out the alphabetical order, from the previous posts. Makes me wonder how they decide who to call....?
My bet is on who they like best/who stood out the most. Don't they give everything a numerical ranking? If so, they might just put us in descending order and call the top X amount of OOS applicants.

I've heard other theories that involve them throwing a cat up in the air and calling the ones the cat lands on.

I heard a girl from last year say the waitlist was ranked so they probably do rank students and call in order. Although the cat theory makes more sense to me but what do I know

My bet is on who they like best/who stood out the most. Don't they give everything a numerical ranking? If so, they might just put us in descending order and call the top X amount of OOS applicants.

I've heard other theories that involve them throwing a cat up in the air and calling the ones the cat lands on.
Lmao! That's how we solve most of our problems here in Sconnie. :)

Oh I forgot to mention earlier. The person on the phone said I should receive my official acceptance by mail later this week, which means for it to get to virginia by then, it probably went out today or tomorrow

Reactions: 5 users
I'm super sad I didn't get accepted, but congratulations to those who did! Your stats are amazing and you totally deserved to get in :)

There's still a chance for getting in off the wait list at least!

I'm super sad I didn't get accepted, but congratulations to those who did! Your stats are amazing and you totally deserved to get in :)

There's still a chance for getting in off the wait list at least!
Wait what? You got the letter already?

Haha no, but I doubt any more phone calls are going out tonight!
They've done it over the course of two weeks in the past. Even then, they don't call everybody they accept. Some people will have to wait for the big envelope to show up. Don't go quitting on us yet!

They've done it over the course of two weeks in the past. Even then, they don't call everybody they accept. Some people will have to wait for the big envelope to show up. Don't go quitting on us yet!
This. Beagle don't fret yet honestly, you have time :).

I got a call from a lady at admissions yesterday for my acceptance. I'm an OOS, and last name starts with C. It was roughly at 5:30pm Central time. I didn't answer the first time they called, so they left a message and called back about half an hour later.

They told me official letters would be mailed* next week.

Some information for you guys!

Last edited:
I got a call from a lady at admissions yesterday for my acceptance. I'm an OOS, and last name starts with C. It was roughly at 5:30pm Central time. I didn't answer the first time they called, so they left a message and called back about half an hour later.

They told me official letters would be e-mailed next week.

Emailed??

They told me official letters would be mailed* next week.

We have to wait all the way til next week?! Good gosh. Killing me, man.. lol.

I got my phone call last night!!! I'm an OOS interested in food animal medicine. Now to decide between Cornell, Penn, and Wisconsin...

Reactions: 10 users
Nope. I got a phone call from a number I didn't know earlier today. Just about had a heart attack. Flippin' telemarketer. The funny thing is, I never get telemarketers calling! It just HAD to be this week...

Anyway, this was my #1 school. I'm still praying for waitlist, but it doesn't much help the empty hole in my chest that has come with accepting this.

Last edited:
Just want to reiterate that in past years they have only called their favorite OOSers and others have received their acceptances by mail only. So don't lose hope yet!

I know, and a part of me is really holding onto that, but at the same time, I'd rather feel the sting of rejection (whether waitlist or outright rejection) once (by not getting a call) as opposed to twice IF the mail holds bad news for me. So I'm trying to get over it now so that I can be pleasantly surprised if I get an acceptance by mail. I appreciate the support everyone has here for each other, and thank you for the boost, allykd. :)

• I know, and a part of me is really holding onto that, but at the same time, I'd rather feel the sting of rejection (whether waitlist or outright rejection) once (by not getting a call) as opposed to twice IF the mail holds bad news for me. So I'm trying to get over it now so that I can be pleasantly surprised if I get an acceptance by mail. I appreciate the support everyone has here for each other, and thank you for the boost, allykd. :)

Kinda like getting rejected by Tennessee via email... then getting a letter in the mail juuuuuust in case I didn't get that first rejection email. Thanks for the reminder, Tennessee.

Last edited:
Kinda like getting rejected by Tennessee via email... then getting a letter in the mail juuuuuust in case I didn't get that first rejection email. Thanks for the reminder.

Yikes! Sorry to hear that. :sorry:

stilll haven't heard anyting here either. I've been rejected from every school i've applied to this year, save one (western) where i was waitlisted. What am i doing with my life?

For current UW students (@fractiousfeline @hpequalslove @UWLEquestrian ) what is the open house like?

I am currently in Michigan so a drive over there would be around 7hrs .... And plane fare is expensive from my smallish airport to Madison. Plus, I'm scheduled to work that weekend, so that's another matter I have to deal with. I had wanted to go but now I'm not so sure. I don't want to miss out on anything though :/

Also, is the open house strictly for accepted students or can you bring a guest along for the activities?

stilll haven't heard anyting here either. I've been rejected from every school i've applied to this year, save one (western) where i was waitlisted. What am i doing with my life?

Waitlist can be a good thing though!! Don't get too down, my friend! :)

And at least they tell us the number on the waitlist unlike other schools. If you get waitlisted but your spot is super high (1-20) it's almost as good as an acceptance letter. :)

For current UW students (@fractiousfeline @hpequalslove @UWLEquestrian ) what is the open house like?

I am currently in Michigan so a drive over there would be around 7hrs .... And plane fare is expensive from my smallish airport to Madison. Plus, I'm scheduled to work that weekend, so that's another matter I have to deal with. I had wanted to go but now I'm not so sure. I don't want to miss out on anything though :/

Also, is the open house strictly for accepted students or can you bring a guest along for the activities?

Annamalita, what weekend is the open house? I couldn't find it on their website... I want to be prepared in case I get accepted!

Kinda like getting rejected by Tennessee via email... then getting a letter in the mail juuuuuust in case I didn't get that first rejection email. Thanks for the reminder, Tennessee.
Totally know how you feel lol

The open house is for accepted students, but you are allowed to bring one guest. Honestly, I'm trying hard to remember exactly what we did during it, but I do remember it being enjoyable. I was only 2 hours away at the time, though, so I didn't have to worry about buying a plane ticket.
It was nice to get a behind-the-scenes tour and get to see more of the school than you are normally allowed. I would recommend it if you've been accepted to multiple schools and you are trying to decide where to go.
The others may have better advice since they are OOS, I believe.

I called. They still haven't mailed out the letters. :C