WSU CVM 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
LIS wasn't putting anyone down... seriously.

And saying you are "suffering" because you are waiting on your application notification IS overdramatic... I have been there 3 times, it isn't suffering. It is stressful, very stressful, but you aren't suffering. And if you really think you are suffering... go do something to take your mind off of it, like, I dunno, helping people who are ACTUALLY suffering...

Of course none of you will actually do this or understand how dramatic you are being....

Those of us telling you that you are not suffering have all been there before, we know what the process is like. It is stressful, we get it, we aren't putting anyone down... all of us here have been very helpful and supportive of applicants.. we put in time to respond to questions and read personal statements... we do care and have been there before. However, we will also tell you when to RELAX.... if you are at the point where you seriously think saying you are "suffering" is not overdramatic, then you are way too wired up and need to go find something else to do.

Amen. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't interpret your comment as being "overdramatic", you're just clearly excited about the idea of going to vet school. I think it's more overdramatic to say you can't use the word "suffering" because there are people in this world REALLY suffering...like wtf kind of response is that? Just ignore the other people, everyone seems to think that putting one another down behind a computer screen will get them into vet school quicker or they think since they are vet students that they are morally superior and know everything. People here did this to me once too, don't sweat it :)
Nobody is putting anyone down. Clearly you're all stressed about applications and we get it. It's an exciting and interesting time in your lives.

We remember being between hope and despair on any given day depending on what part of the application you remember or misremember.

i wish you all the best of luck, but remember to breathe. This isn't suffering. While the waiting seems intolerable, it will be over soon. So be patient and do things that take your mind off it. Go out and have fun. If you truly are suffering over this, it's your own doing.

Reactions: 1 users
Nobody is putting anyone down. Clearly you're all stressed about applications and we get it. It's an exciting and interesting time in your lives.

We remember being between hope and despair on any given day depending on what part of the application you remember or misremember.

i wish you all the best of luck, but remember to breathe. This isn't suffering. While the waiting seems intolerable, it will be over soon. So be patient and do things that take your mind off it. Go out and have fun. If you truly are suffering over this, it's your own doing.

The degree to which you are centering your life around this one decision point (the application) might speak to the degree to which you might over-invest in vet med.

One of the things hammered into us every year in vet school is the importance of balance. Have a life outside of vet med. Do fun things. Don't eat/sleep/drink vet med 24 hours/day. We just had a grand rounds speaker last week on depression and suicide in vet med. It was (ironically?) depressing.

If you feel you are 'suffering' because you're waiting to hear back ... maybe you're already on that path of obsessing over this stuff. Medicine is cool, and vet med is super cool, and vet school is tough AND fun ------ but really, people: you can't hurry the process so GO OUT AND DO SOMETHING FUN OR WORTHWHILE instead of allowing yourself to feel like you are suffering (when you aren't).

That is all. LIS out.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Arguing about hyperbolic usage of the word suffering on an internet forum is about as productive as reloading an application portal thirty times day hoping for an update.

Reactions: 6 users
Arguing about hyperbolic usage of the word suffering on an internet forum is about as productive as reloading an application portal thirty times day hoping for an update.

Actually it's super productive. It's keeping me from facing the necropsy report I'm supposed to submit in 3 minutes.

Actually it's super productive. It's keeping me from facing the necropsy report I'm supposed to submit in 3 minutes.

It is keeping me from listening to these horrible therio lectures..... the slide shows parabasal cells and neutrophils what part of the cycle is the dog in? Oh, hahahah, trick question.. you need to test her progesterone to figure this one out... :mad:

Anywhooooo that thread went off topic a bit! Yay for starting to hear back from some schools!! Congrats to all and everyone who hasn't heard (like me) just keep your chin up, pretty sure they do a few waves! They did last year! Think positive positive positive! :)

Reactions: 4 users
And they do send out rejections at the same time as invites for each "location"?

And they do send out rejections at the same time as invites for each "location"?
I don't think so, my friend (lives in same town, and also in same spot in alphabet as me, but was different tier) received her rejection much later than I receieved my interview invite. Like weeks later.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think so, my friend (lives in same town, and also in same spot in alphabet as me, but was different tier) received her rejection much later than I receieved my interview invite. Like weeks later.

Oh I forgot last name alphabet has something to do with it as well. I am a W. I always hated being at the end lol.

Reactions: 2 users
Checked last year's thread, and it looks like the invites weren't all sent out at once - people were posting that they got invitations on several different days. Panic over haha
I looked too and rejections were sent out via snail mail... So getting concerned now.

Members don't see this ad :)
I looked too and rejections were sent out via snail mail... So getting concerned now.

Oh don't worry!!! It really doesn't look like anyone has heard anything since the very few people received invites via email/portal two days ago. I'm not worrying until a lot more people post about their invites on here.

I just relieved an interview invite! I'm OOS California resident

Congrats @dpgymnast !!!

Cali people, stay safe in this storm! It's ridiculous and kinda scary. I haven't left my house lol:nailbiting:

I just relieved an interview invite! I'm OOS California resident
What's your last name start with? Hahaha and nor cal or so cal??? Literally grasping for any hope here?

Nothing for me yet in CO

I got an I televise invite via email! I'm OOS California and my last name begins with an S. I'm a tier 1 applicant if that helps

Reactions: 2 users
Tier one across the board?
Oh my auto correct. I have a 3.67 science gpa but otherwise yes. I also have a ton of vet hours and research hours. I called yesterday and was told they'd be sending invites in groups and everyone should hear by next Friday.

Oh my auto correct. I have a 3.67 science gpa but otherwise yes. I also have a ton of vet hours and research hours. I called yesterday and was told they'd be sending invites in groups and everyone should hear by next Friday.
So yes you're pretty much tier 1 across the board. I thought I was tier 1 as my overall is tier 1, but I have a cusp science GPA for tier 1 too and my GRE is tier 3 so I really have no clue at this point what I am lol... Ok thanks for the info!

Do you know what they meant by groups? Is this the last name/location thing?

My last name starts with a W and I'm tier 1 in all three categories. I hope that helps!

Thanks for calling and finding that all out!

My last name starts with a W and I'm tier 1 in all three categories. I hope that helps!
Not good for me then I'm W too! CA res tier 1 overall gpa and teir 2 for other 2 categories. :(

Not good for me then I'm W too! CA res tier 1 overall gpa and teir 2 for other 2 categories. :(

Hopefully they are sending more out and you'll hear good news soon!

Hopefully everyone hears good news soon! I haven't heard anything and I'm tier 1 for 2 categories and tier 2 for 1. Also an international applicant (Canadian) so I suppose if I get an interview invite I'll be in the last group to know, haha.

So yes you're pretty much tier 1 across the board. I thought I was tier 1 as my overall is tier 1, but I have a cusp science GPA for tier 1 too and my GRE is tier 3 so I really have no clue at this point what I am lol... Ok thanks for the info!

Do you know what they meant by groups? Is this the last name/location thing?

I'm pretty sure they said we were grouped by last name but didn't indicate that we would be receiving news in alphabetical order or anything, just as each group was released by the admissions committee.

Got this from Barbra..

"Thank you for checking in with us about the application process. Letters are not being sent out at the same time. All letter (interview and deny/no interview) will be sent out by the 17th of December. All letters are not being sent out at the same time."

Trying to remain hopeful.

Got this from Barbra..

"Thank you for checking in with us about the application process. Letters are not being sent out at the same time. All letter (interview and deny/no interview) will be sent out by the 17th of December. All letters are not being sent out at the same time."

Trying to remain hopeful.

I like how she repeated herself haha

@Hollista do you know anything more about WSU breaking up notifications via location? I am trying to rummage through last year's thread to find out when they notified CO?
I am from KS and got my interview invite last year (snail mail only) during finals week, so probably around the 2nd or 3rd week of December. Idk what they are doing this year. You can always call and bug Barbara about it :) she knows which mail has gone out and which hasn't ;)

Got an interview invite today. I had checked "No" for the "are you interested in the Logan/Utah program?"on my supplemental. But my invite says "The Admissions Committee for the WIMU Regional Program in Veterinary Medicine has carefully evaluated your application and found it to be strong enough to warrant further review – a personal interview"

What does your guys interview email say? Can somebody pleas copy and paste it here?I'm confused because thought I opted out of being considered for WIMU... Thanks!
The WSU vet program is just called the WIMU regional program. We are all classmates, just over a distance so that is their primary label for the veterinary program (including Pullman campus). I am at the Pullman campus and my letter last year said something similar :)

Everyone also needs to chill out. You all could end up classmates (you all are hoping for it anyway right?) so you should treat each other with respect instead of beating up on each other. It is okay to be stressed and it's not the end of the word if someone chooses a dramatic verb to describe how they feel. It's like when someone says "I'm starving" maybe not politically correct but everyone understands what they mean. You all should just see how silly this is. Take a deep breath! Everything will turn out exactly the way it is supposed to (ie. It's out of your hands for now!)

Wow I appologize for the late intervention/ pep talk. My computer hit the most recent 15 comments or so XD

does WSU use your best gre scores of all the times you've taken it?

does WSU use your best gre scores of all the times you've taken it?
* GRE percentile is calculated by averaging the percentile rank from the three sections of the general test (composite score). If an application contains more than one set of GRE scores, the committee will consider the highest section score. Only GRE scores received by the admissions office at the time of initial academic evaluation will contribute to Tier assignment.

Anyone know how many interviews they generally give out? someone said Kansas was 350. wasn't sure if anyone had a number for wsu

Anyone know how many interviews they generally give out? someone said Kansas was 350. wasn't sure if anyone had a number for wsu
There's been nothing from WSU posted about that anywhere, but maybe you can find out if you contact them.

i've still heard nothing :/ getting incredibly discouraged

was it through email or snail mail?

E-mail. Here's what it said:

"Congratulations! The Admissions Committee for the WIMU Regional Program in Veterinary Medicine has carefully evaluated your application and found it to be strong enough to warrant further review – a personal interview . You will be notified of the date, time, and location of your interview, as well as other important information regarding the interview process, in a letter that will be sent in the mail shortly. Please look for the letter and contact us if you have any questions or concerns."

Anyone know any stats from previous years threads about waitlisted applicants that reapply? I got interviewed last year and just wondering if they re-evaluate those applicsnts any different or interview me again or anythingggggg? Grasping for any hope. Having a terrible week. :(

Anyone know any stats from previous years threads about waitlisted applicants that reapply? I got interviewed last year and just wondering if they re-evaluate those applicsnts any different or interview me again or anythingggggg? Grasping for any hope. Having a terrible week. :(

Sorry about that. At least finals are probably close to over...

As I understand it they don't treat re-applicants any differently than first-time applicants. Same pool, same interview dates.

Worst finals are back to back tomorrow. And I have zero motivation to study. Gpa is totally B+ average this semester. :(