WWonderful WWorld of MMeat Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vetmedhead

Hang onto me and we'll quarantine the gloom
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Welcome to the WWonderful WWorld of MMeat!
Brought to you in living color by myself, @PrincessButterCup, @TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo, and @kaydubs

Today we begin a wondrous and educational journey through the world of meat-related goods, triumphs, amazing feats, and, of course, meat byproducts. Join me as we explore all of the many ways to get closer with your own meat, learn more about its likes and dislikes, and how to properly take your meat out for a walk. Learn more about meat culture and the small meat-related cult that I may or may not have started! Spiritually connect with your meat, and remember - it's what's on the inside that counts!

steak.png

Game Rules

1. Don't talk about the MMeat game Have fun!
  2. You may only PM with players in your group. Please include mods in your PMs.
  3. Role revealing on thread is fine... but probably not overly useful to you. If you do role reveal, you may only paraphrase your role PM. Also, if any of you try to use village code I swear I'll eat you.
  4. You may not quote or copy/paste mod PMs. Feel free to quote player PMs with abandon.
  5. Do not edit lynch votes. Other edits are fine. Also, please don't delete posts off the thread, it hurts my brain.
  6. No contacting any players (living or dead) through any means other than those available via SDN and game rules. This means no snapchatting, texting, facebook messages, emails, etc. If I find out you have done this you will be modkilled immediately and gleefully.
  7. I don't particularly care how much you wave your meat around on thread. As such, there will be no minimum post requirement. However, if you ghost or otherwise do not participate (missing lynch votes, missing night actions, etc) you will be talked to, replaced, and/or modkilled at the mods' discretion.
  8. Keep it kind, keep it clean (this is a meat establishment! We don't just go rubbing our meat on everything you know!), and keep it fun. I do not care who wins or who loses, I care that you all enjoy this experience together and have a good time with your meat. :naughty:
  9. No posting strategy between lynch close and the night write up. More on this in another post.
  10. To the Dead and to all Spectators: you may post on thread so long as you ***** post in stars ***** and do not post strategy. However, once we reach 10 players I will ask you all to not post on thread so players can focus as they approach the end of the game. Exceptions will be made for posting tallies. I will remind you all of this on thread once it comes into effect.
Lynch deadlines will be 7:30 PM PST/8:30 PM MST/9:30 PM CST/10:30 PM EST and night deadlines will be 5:30 AM PST/6:30 AM MST/7:30 AM CST/8:30 AM EST

Please either bold all lynch votes or place them in ##hashtags##. Also, please put lynch votes in a separate line so they are easier for us to find.

Back of the Fridge

1. @Karabiner13
2. @SportPonies
3. @allieh8607
4. @SnowshoeDog143

Trash
5. @WildZoo
6. @Mad Jack
7. @Crayola227
8. @PippyPony
9. @LyraGardenia

Freezer

10. @Trilt
11. @johnnaboo
12. @kcoughli
13. @ddstothecor
14. @finnickthedog

Still On The Cow

15. @MixedAnimals77 & @WeimMama -> hydra'ing, with Weim posting on thread
16. @SkiOtter
17. @Animal Midwife
18. @bryndiana.jones
19. @capri1722

Abandoned On the Counter

20. @PotentiallyEvil
21. @Melchizedek
22. @youngkal

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Bonding in the Meat Locker

A small note on posting between lynch close and the night write up:

You may post on thread between lynch close and night write up - however, you may not post strategy or content posts in that time frame.

What should you post then, you ask? Anything you'd like - jokes, gifs, stories about your day, fun videos, or anything else that tickles your fancy. I am hoping players will take advantage of this socializing time to amuse themselves, build some camaraderie, and get to know one another better.

You are not required to post anything at all between lynch close and night write up. I am setting aside that time specifically for players to go hog wild on thread only if they so choose. Players who wish to skip it without affecting their game play can do so easily, as you will be tagged in all write ups. If you want to skip Meat Locker time, just look for a tag from one of your friendly mods so you can go straight to the night write up.

Members don't see this ad :)
It is now D0.

Rather than starting with a lynch vote, I am going to have you all start with a tenderize vote. What is a tenderize vote and what does it do? Well, you'll have to get voting to find out.

Tenderize votes may be submitted the same way as lynch votes, like so:

tenderize vmh

Well, what are you waiting for?! Get cracking! :D

Voting deadline is 8:30 PM MST.

Reactions: 1 user
is the PM'ing with members in our group limited to one on one, or can it be a group PM or even just selected members of the group?

no copy paste quote of mod PMs, but paraphrase is OK?

we can role name reveal - I still haven't figured out what the sin of villager code is yet, can someone re-enlighten me?

tenderize Mel

I could waffle to AM or MJ

tenderizing could be preparing to grill someone, it could be a mayor-like position, some ability granted, or death

all of which seem like great things for these players

I worry about AM or MJ being quiet with position or skill, but these 3 players I like the idea of having that special mod-touch

is the PM'ing with members in our group limited to one on one, or can it be a group PM or even just selected members of the group?

no copy paste quote of mod PMs, but paraphrase is OK?

we can role name reveal - I still haven't figured out what the sin of villager code is yet, can someone re-enlighten me?
You may PM with however many or few people as you'd like at a time so long as they are only people within your own group. Please pay attention to roster changes throughout the game though so you do not inadvertently PM with someone who is no longer in your group.

Yes, no copy paste of mod PMs, but you can paraphrase. Feel free to put words in our mouths, pretend we totally told you you could do X thing even though we didn't, etc.

The idea of villager code is trying to use the formatting of role PMs to figure out who is a wolf, with the idea that villager role PMs and wolf role PMs will have been formatted slightly differently. I will say right now that many of these role PMs were formatted slightly differently from one another and I do not want players using this to try to wolf hunt. If players begin investigating something like this on thread and there does happen to be a discrepancy between wolf and villager PMs that I did not notice, I will be sharing it with the wolves on wolf chat so they are aware of the error anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
tenderize Mel

tenderizing could be preparing to grill someone, it could be a mayor-like position, some ability granted, or death

I worry about AM or MJ being quiet with position or skill, but these 3 players I like the idea of having that special mod-touch

Do my eyes deceive me? You're potentially supporting a mayor role for Mel???

Tenderize Mel

because I loved Meet Meat the Robinsons

Reactions: 2 users
No contacting any players (living or dead) through any means other than those available via SDN and game rules. This means no snapchatting, texting, facebook messages, emails, etc. If I find out you have done this you will be modkilled immediately and gleefully.
Quick clarification on this since I had some players ask - this rule applies specifically to discussing this game/game strategies. My intent is to keep things more even for players who do not have the contact information for other players in the game. If you already have a snapchat/regular text/whatever with another player in this game I don't really care if you continue your personal chat with them, just be intentional about not talking to them about the game or blowing up their various devices telling them to get on thread for lynch deadlines etc :p

Well this seems like the perfect time to ask: in skimming some older games I noticed the first day in some games was reserved for electing a mayor (or CEO in one case). I never read any of these beyond the first 1-2 pages so I didn’t get to see what effects it had, if any. Can someone ELI5 the mayor thing?

Tendorize Karabou

If it does end up being mayor like, maybe it'll keep me around longer. I'm getting tired of dying the first few nights and I’m curious. If it isn't, I'm still willing to take that gamble.

Let the meat race begin
ezgif-1-1ce58d7101.gif

Reactions: 4 users
Tendorize Karabou

If it does end up being mayor like, maybe it'll keep me around longer. I'm getting tired of dying the first few nights and I’m curious. If it isn't, I'm still willing to take that gamble.

Let the meat race begin
robin-williams-meat-race-23rd-annual-random-weird-14087386605.gif
Struggle of doing gifs while trying to work up a calf. Trying to fix

Well this seems like the perfect time to ask: in skimming some older games I noticed the first day in some games was reserved for electing a mayor (or CEO in one case). I never read any of these beyond the first 1-2 pages so I didn’t get to see what effects it had, if any. Can someone ELI5 the mayor thing?

When I was mayor, players had to give me an item/ability as toll to move into a different group. In the SEGA game, the mayor got a one-shot seering ability. And in Trilt's most recent game, the mayor had the first item and got to choose who could have it next. So, in short, it varies by game what they may gain.

I don't know what ELI5 is...but sometimes they get special abilities, sometimes they don't. I've seen them be the tie breaker in lynches that end with ties, I've seen them get a special piece of game mechanic info from the mods, I've seen their lynch votes be counted as two, etc. Or like I said sometimes nothing special happens.

Personally not a fan of tenderizing MJ.

tenderize Karabou

why aren't you a fan of tenderizing mj?
If it is indeed a mayor type role, I'd rather it go to someone a little more active on thread and more reliable. MJ's play is just too sporadic for me.

tenderize Mel

How would a mayor-like position be good for people that are usually seen as sketch? Why these 3 in particular? You say it's great for them but aren't there others who also fit what criteria I think you used?

I don't know what ELI5 is...
"Explain Like I'm 5" (years old).

Also had eye twitches at "not a fan of tenderizing MJ" with no further explanation. Yes, addressed in a followup post, but got my eyebrow up. We don't even know what tenderizing is and are just speculating it could be akin to mayor role.

"Explain Like I'm 5" (years old).

Also had eye twitches at "not a fan of tenderizing MJ" with no further explanation. Yes, addressed in a followup post, but got my eyebrow up. We don't even know what tenderizing is and are just speculating it could be akin to mayor role.
:shrug: I'd just rather not take that kind of chance. If you all want to tenderize him them be my guest, I'm not trying to make some huge deal out of it...

:shrug: I'd just rather not take that kind of chance. If you all want to tenderize him them be my guest, I'm not trying to make some huge deal out of it...
Honestly that's fine, and the explanation after the fact makes sense, it was just weird to read with no context or explanation within that post.

How would a mayor-like position be good for people that are usually seen as sketch? Why these 3 in particular? You say it's great for them but aren't there others who also fit what criteria I think you used?
Hmm

I think you should know why it would be good for sketch people?

I consider all 3 smart players who could make good choices, and handle things on thread related to any use of the power in a way that would benefit village and not help the wolves (assuming they're not wolves, but we gotta start somewhere).

Abilities are sometimes best in the hands of the smart, sketch but not too sketch, and people who can keep their mouths shut but not too shut.

Maybe the balance is that we don't lynch them without GOOD reason (ie we are more thoughtful) but they are less likely to be nightkilled because wolves can hesitate to do so with sketch quiet players, especially if they think there's a chance they might work a person's power/items to their advantage. Maybe. I don't know.

Maybe MJ would play a big more, and I know he's a smart player, at least by rep. Also, maybe him having that power and working in the background and being quieter on thread might be an advantage.

AM is someone who doesn't get enough cred for being the smart villager she is.

I certainly hope they don't get lynched for BS, and perhaps it would make them less likely to be, unless they do something ACTUALLY sketch besides their village meta.

Basically, if this kills them, these 3 might have been on their way out. If it confers villager advantage, perhaps they'll live and I think they might use this well. If they are wolves, they are sketch enough that this flimsy lynch armor might not protect them too much if they really need to go.

AM is someone who doesn't get enough cred for being the smart villager she is.
^this.

But also I think Mel fits that criteria as well, and gets put through the meat grinder a lot while being a good sport about it.

Tenderize Mel

(Reserve the right to sausage-waffle later though)
meat waffle taco.jpg

Also since it's day 1 I'm playing some favoritism with Mel, AM, and MJ.

I'm picking Mel though over the others, because even though I said this might be good in the hands of the quiet yet smart, justifying MJ or AM as possible votes, because Mel despite his chattiness, is also pretty smart. Also I like to imagine I can read him when he's wolf since he's the first time I ever caught him from his posts where I was like "WOLF GET MY GUN!". I caught him correctly one other time IIRC.

He's active, smart, sketchy enough he may not be high danger of NK, likely to be lynched if he turns out to be *too* sketch, I may be able to read him. Maybe I feel bad I was first to vote him last game and got him lynched D1 last game. Though that isn't my highest consideration with him.

Reactions: 1 users