WWonderful WWorld of MMeat Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This game was tons of fun

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I was counting on having you on my side today but I was like... I’m glad you weren’t around because you would have never trusted me again. But go figure you finally have faith in me and I’m a dang wolf haha

Lol As I said I have a weakness for pming and it making me blind to the fact people are wolves..

I did enjoy all the bull**** you spouted today though about your role. It was fun to watch the chaos of lylo in the safe land of the dead.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also good job to the wolf hydra @MixedAnimals77 @WeimMama . Despite being wagoned on since D7, you did a good job fighting hard to survive till the very end and even forced a tie on LyLo (although that's also due to @Animal Midwife evil desire to live dangerously :nono::nono:). You fought hard and you fought well, so good work :thumbup:

Reactions: 5 users
@vetmedhead great game! Enjoyed the read and the reveals! Wish I had played, look forward to your next game :)
What's sad is that this game has only encouraged me to keep throwing in even more nonsense mechanics into things in the future because no one outright threatened to set me on fire for the ones in this game.

I have a game idea that's been percolating in the back of my head for months now, but would need to run when player participation and ability to follow the game closely would be at an all-time high. :thinking: Maybe sometime this summer...

Reactions: 7 users
What's sad is that this game has only encouraged me to keep throwing in even more nonsense mechanics into things in the future because no one outright threatened to set me on fire for the ones in this game.

I have a game idea that's been percolating in the back of my head for months now, but would need to run when player participation and ability to follow the game closely would be at an all-time high. :thinking: Maybe sometime this summer...
Dibs

Thanks to the players (especially the deddites the last day or two) for being endlessly amusing.

@vetmedhead - you are amazing and I can’t wait to be in the side car on more games together!! Wheeeeee!

Thx to my fellows @PrincessButterCup & @TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo for letting me side car along. So fun for me.

So while I definitely enjoyed this game and learned a lot, I would like some help/feedback on the following question. @SkiOtter raises a good question in last day when she asked "why i shouldn't lynch you?" which is similar to "why should i believe you're village?". I realize i didn't answer well since i was focused on rejecting the arguments that i'm wolf and using them to show i'm village. That wasn't a good approach.

So how do I answer this? Or at least what are some good tips to address this? I'd like to avoid making the same mistake in future games so just using this to jot down my lessons learned.
I was appeased by your posting today. I didn’t want reasons why people might think you’re wolfy, I already had those. I wanted reasons to not vote you and think weim was wolfier, which you gave today. Had you done that yesterday, I would’ve stuck with my earlier weim vote and ended the game.
From dead chat after you posted that really long post about why weim is a better choice:
YAS LAWPER YAS
THIS IS WHAT I WANTED FROM YOU LAST NIGHT.

Ib4 phrasing

Reactions: 1 user

.........can’t wait for SVU......

Thanks for the game mods. And @PippyPony told you I was village :p For those interested, Pippy and I ended up role revealing to each other but still not trusting each other fully :laugh: We were so paranoid that when Pippy started a Communal Meat pm with us and Snowy this was the first post. The peace offerings she mentions is me giving her the Trash Can which I called my kryptonite

Paranoid thought of the day:

Snowy converts Kara and then Kara publicly asks to have Snowy moved to our group so the two of you can vouch for each other under the guise of PMing. Snowy tries to PM me to get me back for manipulating her in PM way back in the day. Kara keeps PMing me and scams the **** out of me by having the same reads on roles that I do and provides peace offerings to foster mutual trust.

I thought I would share for entertainment purposes.

:rofl:

Also this is what dds revealed to me for those interested

So, I told PP my role, and now I'm telling you:

If I know an attack from a wolf is imminent on any evening, I can counter attack and kill that wolf!

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks for the game mods. And @PippyPony told you I was village :p For those interested, Pippy and I ended up role revealing to each other but still not trusting each other fully :laugh: We were so paranoid that when Pippy started a Communal Meat pm with us and Snowy this was the first post. The peace offerings she mentions is me giving her the Trash Can which I called my kryptonite

Also this is what dds revealed to me for those interested
You 3 might be my fav villagers this game . (Slight bias for WZ and MJ)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just realized my whole strategy was lynching everyone in my original group. :lame:

Reactions: 6 users
Sorry Mel. I tried.
I would have lynched you first forever if you had thrown this game :p
We actually did have to pick a name to submit we chose WZ. When they died we auto converted.
Aw I feel loved
I wanted to give your woofies a chance at winning.
Again, rage
As for the ground beef players, I had been playing with the idea of having a group of players who sort of acted like "eevees" from Pokemon, if you will. They each started as vanillas and had to submit to me the name of one player (who wasn't them) the first day of the game. What roles they became depended on what happened to them during the game.

The ground beef role was essentially a modified Wild Child role.

If a ground beef player's mentor died, that player would autoconvert to being a vanilla wolf the same night. The remaining mentors for the other two ground beef players would receive special items that were 1 use only, along with a message congratulating them for being a good influence on an unnamed player.

If a ground beef player was vouched for on thread (this criteria includes hard vouching but also included being placed on a village lean or stronger on a reads list), they would upgrade to being Hamburger, a Day PMer.

The remaining ground beef player after the other two changed would become Leftovers, an item maker. They could also upgrade to Leftovers if they had a standing vote in the final lynch tally, but were not the player actually lynched that night.

If not all of the ground beef players had differentiated by D5, the remaining roles would have been RNG'd.

Our ground beef players this game were Sporty, PotE, & MixyMama. By sheer coincidence, Sporty & PotE selected each other as their mentor, which is why they both got items the day that MixyMama converted. By sheer coincidence all three GBs upgraded/converted the same night.

Sporty was vouched for by Cray in a reads list (as village lean), WZ died and caused MM to convert, and PotE was left of the three and so became Leftovers.
I'm in love with this mechanic
You 3 might be my fav villagers this game . (Slight bias for WZ and MJ)
:love:
We would have won the mod fave PM contest if we had been alive together for more than a day :rage:
@WildZoo It wasn't my weird grease message that started your tunnel, was it?
Haha it actually wasn't. It was exactly the things I said on the thread.

Reactions: 5 users
Also, I'm gonna share this because I feel like having more info out there can only help village - we found out what our upgrade to bulgogi was about... we get to PM Pippy.
what.

Our upgrade had us pick someone, we picked pippy. So we get to PM her now that she has died.
WHAT.

That I need to stop using all my abilities/items on her in every game cause its getting weird

I then share a long story about why I am actually as obsessed with Pippy as I am in the hopes that she will not be afraid of me.
Ahahahahahahahaha

Hahaha I thought it was AM and then she never brought it up so I thought it was pippy and the whole time I was fabricating things about her today I was thinking if she sent us that grease message shes raging right now at me saying these things about her haha

The sad part is that I actually wasn't, because I was raging on the dance floor at my school's formal and therefore was completely absent from SDN lol

Reactions: 6 users
Thank you, meats!!

And despite appearances to the contrary, I promise I did actually read all the write ups ;) (because they were hilarious)

what.

WHAT.

Ahahahahahahahaha

The sad part is that I actually wasn't, because I was raging on the dance floor at my school's formal and therefore was completely absent from SDN lol
:rofl::rofl::rofl:I promise there is actually a story behind why I WW fangirl you and someday I shall tell you