Waitlist survivors! c/o 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Twelvitigers, you seem to have so much info. Do you have any idea how fast WISC or MI IS alternate lists move?:cool:

Members don't see this ad.

I was waitlisted last year at WSU, and waitlisted this year again at WSU and CSU, but I received an email and phone call today that I've received WICHE funding and have gotten into vet school!!! I was completely hopeless when the "alternate status" letters came rolling in again this year..and have spent a lot of time and money on masters grad school apps recently...but its all worth it now. I still haven't completely digested it, but I'm happy to finally be headed exactly where I want to be. So, for those who need hope, it can happen! Two years of applications, a year off, and this fall I'll finally be living my dream. Keep trying and don't give up :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I was waitlisted last year at WSU, and waitlisted this year again at WSU and CSU, but I received an email and phone call today that I've received WICHE funding and have gotten into vet school!!! I was completely hopeless when the "alternate status" letters came rolling in again this year..and have spent a lot of time and money on masters grad school apps recently...but its all worth it now. I still haven't completely digested it, but I'm happy to finally be headed exactly where I want to be. So, for those who need hope, it can happen! Two years of applications, a year off, and this fall I'll finally be living my dream. Keep trying and don't give up :)

Congratulations!! What state are you from, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm from Nevada!

Cool! I'm from Arizona so I was just curious to see if anyone from here actually got funding! I haven't heard of anyone yet but I'm sure they're out there somewhere. :) Congrats again!

Cool! I'm from Arizona so I was just curious to see if anyone from here actually got funding! I haven't heard of anyone yet but I'm sure they're out there somewhere. :) Congrats again!

Here is the website I have been looking at to see how many people are getting funding in AZ:

http://www.abor.asu.edu/4_special_programs/wiche/recieptofapplication10-11.html

You can see under date letter of school attending. So I am assuming all of those who have submitted a letter for which school they are attending are the ones getting funding. Right now the number is at 4, but that will probably go up as people decide which school they want to attend.

Here is the website I have been looking at to see how many people are getting funding in AZ:

http://www.abor.asu.edu/4_special_programs/wiche/recieptofapplication10-11.html

You can see under date letter of school attending. So I am assuming all of those who have submitted a letter for which school they are attending are the ones getting funding. Right now the number is at 4, but that will probably go up as people decide which school they want to attend.

Interesting! Thanks DVMDream! I find the whole WICHE to be a really intimidating process for some reason... I can't wait to apply. :scared:

Hi Everyone! I am new to this site and have been impressed by the threads I have read so far.
I am #2 IS for the U of Minnesota and was wondering what chance I might have of being admitted. :confused:

Congratulations! The exact same thing happened to me this year! Have you decided where you want to go?

Hi Everyone! I am new to this site and have been impressed by the threads I have read so far.
I am #2 IS for the U of Minnesota and was wondering what chance I might have of being admitted. :confused:

From my internet stalking of SDN it appears they accept between 10-15 IS students off the WL each year, although those acceptances can come late in the summer and even into orientation week.

However I don't know anyone either on SDN or in 'real life' who got an IS spot but is turning it down, however that is far from a good or unbiased sample size.

I am 3rd from the last on the IS Waitlist:laugh: So taking it as a rejection, you obviously, are in a really good spot. I think there was a SDN member who was #2 or #3 IS last year who got in in may but their name escapes me now...

Did you apply anywhere else or is MN the one and only?

MN is the one and only. Keeping my fingers crossed! Thanks for the info

Members don't see this ad :)
MN is the one and only. Keeping my fingers crossed! Thanks for the info

I'll most likely be turning down my spot at MN but i'm OOS. Good luck, I hope you get in b/c you'll be joining a great class!!

I am amazed at how people on sdn are able to find information about specific schools. I am waitlisted at UW-Madison and it's the only school I applied to. The waistlist letter said last year three were accepted though someone else posted that 5 really got in. Another thread listed how many waitlisted IS applicants got in the past three years. ;) If anyone has anymore info on UW-Madison I would really appreciate it: the waiting is absolutely grueling.....BUT, SDN'ers are awesome vets!

THANK YOU:love:

waiting is super hard. one of my vets suggested snagging some valium or ace from work to ease the wait! haha

Does anyone know how many people got off the VA-IS waitlist at VMRCVM in previous years? They don't rank so I don't know how good of a shot I have, but April 15th is looming and my heart is racing. Thanks.

does anyone have any new info on the MSU waiting list?? i swear im going crazyyy having to wait for soo loonngggg!!!! :bang:

there's a mississippi state univ. as well, that's why she asked

oohhh no wonder i totally forgot.. hahah thanks! im just so consumed with this waitlist stuff i think its slowly driving me insane.. :p

oohhh no wonder i totally forgot.. hahah thanks! im just so consumed with this waitlist stuff i think its slowly driving me insane.. :p

no problem, there are 3 OSU's so it happens :) good luck!!

ok so if there are any Michigan State waitlisters i just called them today and they told me they weren't gonna call anyone until may 1st :-/

ok so if there are any Michigan State waitlisters i just called them today and they told me they weren't gonna call anyone until may 1st :-/

Thanks for the update!! that will save me a lot of freaking out for those 15 days

Thanks for the update!! that will save me a lot of freaking out for those 15 days

Why don't the schools just go ahead and tell us all these things??? That seems like something pretty important for those on the waitlist! I think they just love to see us squirm

Why don't the schools just go ahead and tell us all these things??? That seems like something pretty important for those on the waitlist! I think they just love to see us squirm

i agree!!! i just dont get the point of withholding all this information, it would help people who are trying to decide whether or not to wait for their response and it would help those who have no chance in prepping for the next application cycle:bang:

So- Today I got a call from UPenn offering me a spot! I turned it down, but wanted everyone to know that the UPenn waitlist is currently moving.

I got called off the waitlist for Auburn!!! I'm going to vet school???!!!!!!!! YAAAAAY :D

I got called off the waitlist for Auburn!!! I'm going to vet school???!!!!!!!! YAAAAAY :D

Congrats!!!! Your update makes me happy because it gives the rest of us renewed hope...but also completely aside from us, I am so happy for you!!!

VMRCVM: GreennWhite (call 2/24)
Purdue: Animevet (call 4/12):D

Does anyone know how many people got off the VA-IS waitlist at VMRCVM in previous years? They don't rank so I don't know how good of a shot I have, but April 15th is looming and my heart is racing. Thanks.

So judging from the discussions that I have had with the admissions counselor and when I came off of the waitlist (4/6), there were 31 IS confirmed with a deposit, and 2 IS that had declined. I also ended up deferring until the class of 2015 so I could finish my M.S. by December, so this may have opened up another spot!

Hope this helps and good luck! I will be rooting for you!!!

CONGRATS ANIMEVET! Sorry I was MIA yesterday when you posted... I was asleep after an all nighter for systemic vet phys...

ANYWAY CONGRATS!

CONGRATS ANIMEVET! Sorry I was MIA yesterday when you posted... I was asleep after an all nighter for systemic vet phys...

ANYWAY CONGRATS!
Thanks everyone!
rtoddo- I will be removing myself from the K-State waitlist. I hope it helps you out!!:xf: And I hope that systemic vet phys went well. It sounds like a rough one :scared:

Congrats wahooligan and animevet!!! I love seeing the waitlists move!

To the rest of you waitlisters, don't give up hope. April 15 is just around the corner :luck:

I got a call from Joyce Massey this AM (VMRCVM) asking me if I was still interested in the program. *gulp* I told her that I have already accepted a spot at another program; I already discussed this with my parents (who have offered to help pay some of the cost) and we decided that I was going to go to UC Davis no matter what, but it still seems WRONG to say no to something I was hoping for so desperately just a few months ago!

I got a call from Joyce Massey this AM (VMRCVM) asking me if I was still interested in the program. *gulp* I told her that I have already accepted a spot at another program; I already discussed this with my parents (who have offered to help pay some of the cost) and we decided that I was going to go to UC Davis no matter what, but it still seems WRONG to say no to something I was hoping for so desperately just a few months ago!

aw congrats! i was debating about this earlier in the year, my vet has strong connections with vmrcvm and he was like i'll see where you are on the list!! maybe we can get u in!! and i kinda felt like id go to penn no matter what because it was more "me" in many ways. I realized i just wanted to keep my name on there for pride, hoping i get called so that id know i was good enuf for them. i realized it was selfish so i withdrew my name. now i'll never know if i was good enuf for them!!! haha oh well, it doesnt matter what they think because someone else still loves me :D

i just got a call monday afternoon and was offered a position in UGA's class this fall!! yay. unfortunately i don't know how coherent i was since i had just taken vicoden for my mouth, but i'm sure it wasn't a dream, i still have the voicemail.

I got a call from Yasmin today saying that it looks like I am IN!!!!!!!!!!! They are waiting until Thursday to be able to confirm it....but the waitlist is moving at Davis!!!!!

:laugh:

Does anybody know if the Minnesota IS waitlist has started moving? We were told that we would be notified of our final rankings in May. They also said the initial ranking given in March would likely change at the time of the final ranking in May. I'm hoping this means that as people decline, your number will move up???

Called off the waitlist for LSU! :D Now how do I decide which school to go to?

YAY Animevet!!! Glad to know Purdue hasn't forgotten us waitlisters. You must be on cloud 9...

YAY Animevet!!! Glad to know Purdue hasn't forgotten us waitlisters. You must be on cloud 9...
Thanks littlegray! I still don't believe it actually happened...lol. Staying up late the night before studying for Microbiology can probably cause hallucinations....

I have heard the waitlist should really get going starting the 15th. I will keep my fingers crossed for you!:xf:

just got a call from Dr. Vickroy at UF and I GOT INNNN!!! :soexcited: