Waitlist survivors! c/o 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats, congrats, congrats to all who have gotten good news! You're all that much closer!!! Soon you'll be sitting in class wondering what you got yourself into 😉, only to lay in bed later that night & find it hard to believe its actually real!!! And luplodw... I think the schools may not know just how lucky they are... I feel there may have been some rioting had you not been accepted ^_^

And for those of you still waiting to hear... :luck::xf::luck::xf:!!!
 
aww thank you so much!! That was really nice. Too bad Tennessee didn't accept me pfft! Sad to know that your home state doesn't even want you haha. I couldn't be happier though!
 
Haha... I understand that! I'm from Ohio... rejected 1st app, wait listed 2nd (and they really made me feel unwanted, lol). Although in some ways I'm grateful, b/c there's no way I could have gone to UT if I had been accepted to OSU too... I just couldn't have turned down IS tuition... but I definitely think I'm happier here than I would have been at OSU, & although sometimes it's rough, it's nice to have a drastic change here & there right? One of those, "when life gives you apples make lemonade" or something things!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also know the feeling of getting no love from you IS. I was rejected twice from my IS and accepted at Auburn. Yay Tigers! 😀
 
Auburn- wahooligan (call 4/12)
UC Davis- minikitte (call 4/13), cooniexp (IS, call 4/16)
UF- LilyFrog, IS (call 4/14)
UGA- modidl (call 4/12)
UPenn- lalzi22 (call 4/6, OOS)
LSU- rileydog (call 4/13)
Mississippi- PrimalMU (call 4/15), luplodw, OOS, (call 4/15)
Missouri- bardsle1 (waitlist #6, OOS, call 4/14)
Purdue- Animevet (OOS, call 4/12), littlegray (IS, call 4/16)
VMRCVM- GreennWhite (call 2/24), JCG621 (call 4/6), eventualeventer (call 4/13), Sk8gurl06 (call 4/13)
 
Auburn- wahooligan (call 4/12)
UC Davis- minikitte (call 4/13), cooniexp (IS, call 4/16), ZebraFinch (IS, call 4/15, #6)
UF- LilyFrog, IS (call 4/14)
UGA- modidl (call 4/12)
UPenn- lalzi22 (call 4/6, OOS)
LSU- rileydog (call 4/13)
Mississippi- PrimalMU (call 4/15), luplodw, OOS, (call 4/15)
Missouri- bardsle1 (waitlist #6, OOS, call 4/14)
Purdue- Animevet (OOS, call 4/12), littlegray (IS, call 4/16)
VMRCVM- GreennWhite (call 2/24), JCG621 (call 4/6), eventualeventer (call 4/13), Sk8gurl06 (call 4/13)
 
Wow, things are starting to roll now for you all on other lists! ISU must not be calling yet, as it is VEISHA weekend. Congratulations to all that have heard the great news already! You can relax this weekend! Here's hoping for the phone to start ringing for ISU wait listers first thing Monday morning!
 
Congrats to those who've been called already! :clap:Best of luck for all those waiting. I hope you get the call your waiting for next week!!!:xf::xf::xf: Hang in there!! 🙂
 
Auburn- wahooligan (call 4/12)
UC Davis- minikitte (call 4/13)
UF- LilyFrog, IS (call 4/14)
UGA- modidl (call 4/12)
UPenn- lalzi22 (call 4/6, OOS)
LSU- rileydog (call 4/13)
Mississippi- PrimalMU (call 4/15), luplodw, OOS, (call 4/15)
Missouri- bardsle1 (waitlist #6, OOS, call 4/14)
Purdue- Animevet (OOS, call 4/12), littlegray (IS, call 4/16)
VMRCVM- GreennWhite (call 2/24), JCG621 (call 4/6), eventualeventer (call 4/13), Sk8gurl06 (call 4/13)

I started crying on the phone!! Has that happened to anyone else? Couldn't help it I am just so happy! And hang in there everyone else I'm sending good vibes your way...you have the patience of saints! AND I hope this gives hope to others on an in-state waitlist!!!

Did they tell you what position you had on the list?
 
Auburn- wahooligan (call 4/12)
UC Davis- minikitte (call 4/13)
UF- LilyFrog, IS (call 4/14)
UGA- modidl (call 4/12)
UPenn- lalzi22 (call 4/6, OOS)
LSU- rileydog (call 4/13)
Mississippi- PrimalMU (call 4/15), luplodw, OOS, (call 4/15)
Missouri- bardsle1 (waitlist #6, OOS, call 4/14)
Purdue- Animevet (OOS, call 4/12), littlegray (IS, call 4/16)
VMRCVM- GreennWhite (call 2/24), JCG621 (call 4/6), eventualeventer (call 4/13), Sk8gurl06 (call 4/13)
UW-Madison- MistyMae16(#3IS call 4/16)

I started crying on the phone!! Has that happened to anyone else? Couldn't help it I am just so happy! And hang in there everyone else I'm sending good vibes your way...you have the patience of saints! AND I hope this gives hope to others on an in-state waitlist!!!



Oh I cried and screamed and jumped up and down. Unfortunately I was not in the confines of my own apartment, yet in the middle of a highly populated store. So you are not alone😀
 
Haha good to hear I'm not the only one. She had to ask, "are you going to be alright?" and that was when I realized I needed to maintain my composure a little better. I still can't believed I survived an IS waitlist...but no, she did not tell me my rank (or, I didn't think to ask). I know of one other girl who was IS and got a call before me, so I know I wasn't the first. GOOD LUCK everyone still waiting!! You're all still in my thoughts!!
 
Auburn- wahooligan (call 4/12)
UC Davis- minikitte (IS, call 4/13, #3), cooniexp (IS, call 4/16), ZebraFinch (IS, call 4/15, #6)
UF- LilyFrog, IS (call 4/14)
UGA- modidl (call 4/12)
UPenn- lalzi22 (call 4/6, OOS)
LSU- rileydog (call 4/13)
Mississippi- PrimalMU (call 4/15), luplodw, OOS, (call 4/15)
Missouri- bardsle1 (waitlist #6, OOS, call 4/14)
Purdue- Animevet (OOS, call 4/12), littlegray (IS, call 4/16)
VMRCVM- GreennWhite (call 2/24), JCG621 (call 4/6), eventualeventer (call 4/13), Sk8gurl06 (call 4/13)

Just adding more info! 😍
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Auburn- wahooligan (call 4/12)
UC Davis- minikitte (IS, call 4/13, #3), cooniexp (IS, call 4/16), ZebraFinch (IS, call 4/15, #6)
UF- LilyFrog, IS (call 4/14)
UGA- modidl (call 4/12)
UPenn- lalzi22 (call 4/6, OOS)
LSU- rileydog (call 4/13)
Mississippi- PrimalMU (call 4/15), luplodw, OOS, (call 4/15)
Missouri- bardsle1 (waitlist #6, OOS, call 4/14)
Purdue- Animevet (OOS, call 4/12), littlegray (IS, call 4/16), ncbelle (OOS, email to call her 4/19)
VMRCVM- GreennWhite (call 2/24), JCG621 (call 4/6), eventualeventer (call 4/13), Sk8gurl06 (call 4/13)
 
Maybe its just me, but does it seem like there has been significantly less activity on alternate lists compared to previous years? Maybe just because April 15th fell so close to a weekend and people need time to process and send in materials etc.... who knows?

Best of luck to everyone and congrats to those who have already heard!
 
Auburn- wahooligan (call 4/12)
UC Davis- minikitte (IS, call 4/13, #3), cooniexp (IS, call 4/16), ZebraFinch (IS, call 4/15, #6)
UF- LilyFrog, IS (call 4/14)
UGA- modidl (call 4/12)
UPenn- lalzi22 (call 4/6, OOS)
LSU- rileydog (call 4/13)
Mississippi- PrimalMU (call 4/15), luplodw, OOS, (call 4/15)
Missouri- bardsle1 (waitlist #6, OOS, call 4/14)
Oklahoma- sadiego (OOS, call 4/19, no rank)
Purdue- Animevet (OOS, call 4/12), littlegray (IS, call 4/16), ncbelle (OOS, email to call her 4/19)
VMRCVM- GreennWhite (call 2/24), JCG621 (call 4/6), eventualeventer (call 4/13), Sk8gurl06 (call 4/13)
 
Maybe its just me, but does it seem like there has been significantly less activity on alternate lists compared to previous years? Maybe just because April 15th fell so close to a weekend and people need time to process and send in materials etc.... who knows?


I was thinking the same thing. Got an email from KSU that their class was filled already...they must not have gone through very many alternates, since no one's posted here, and it's only 2 business days after the 15th. Makes me feel a little better, since I don't have to decide between there and Oklahoma now.

Then again, Iowa hasn't even started calling, and said they wont start until Wednesday. I guess some schools are doing things a little differently.
 
I had someone at admissions at one school tell me that they had received wayyyy more qualified applicants than ever before (not sure if it was more applicants or just better applicants).
 
Yea, Iowa State was supposed to have started sending wait list positions today, but they must not have gotten to it. So, tomorrow the emails will come and Wednesday the phone calls will start. 😛 Congrats once again on the new acceptances! :laugh:
 
Maybe its just me, but does it seem like there has been significantly less activity on alternate lists compared to previous years? Maybe just because April 15th fell so close to a weekend and people need time to process and send in materials etc.... who knows?

Best of luck to everyone and congrats to those who have already heard!

I know - hopefully more people get calls soon! I'm still waiting on pins and needles, since Tufts doesn't rank, and who knows when they'll start...if ever. :cry:
 
Auburn- wahooligan (call 4/12)
UC Davis- minikitte (IS, call 4/13, #3), cooniexp (IS, call 4/16), ZebraFinch (IS, call 4/15, #6)
UF- LilyFrog, IS (call 4/14)
UGA- modidl (call 4/12)
UPenn- lalzi22 (call 4/6, OOS)
LSU- rileydog (call 4/13), zxz130 (OOS, status change 4/14)
Mississippi- PrimalMU (call 4/15), luplodw, OOS, (call 4/15)
Missouri- bardsle1 (waitlist #6, OOS, call 4/14)
Oklahoma- sadiego (OOS, call 4/19, no rank), zxz130 (OOS, call 4/19)
Purdue- Animevet (OOS, call 4/12), littlegray (IS, call 4/16), ncbelle (OOS, email to call her 4/19)
VMRCVM- GreennWhite (call 2/24), JCG621 (call 4/6), eventualeventer (call 4/13), Sk8gurl06 (call 4/13)
 
zxz130, that's great! plus, your panda hug picture is awesome...


QUOTE=zxz130;9562589]Auburn- wahooligan (call 4/12)
UC Davis- minikitte (IS, call 4/13, #3), cooniexp (IS, call 4/16), ZebraFinch (IS, call 4/15, #6)
UF- LilyFrog, IS (call 4/14)
UGA- modidl (call 4/12)
UPenn- lalzi22 (call 4/6, OOS)
LSU- rileydog (call 4/13), zxz130 (OOS, status change 4/14)
Mississippi- PrimalMU (call 4/15), luplodw, OOS, (call 4/15)
Missouri- bardsle1 (waitlist #6, OOS, call 4/14)
Oklahoma- sadiego (OOS, call 4/19, no rank), zxz130 (OOS, call 4/19)
Purdue- Animevet (OOS, call 4/12), littlegray (IS, call 4/16), ncbelle (OOS, email to call her 4/19)
VMRCVM- GreennWhite (call 2/24), JCG621 (call 4/6), eventualeventer (call 4/13), Sk8gurl06 (call 4/13)[/QUOTE]
 
Auburn- wahooligan (call 4/12)
UC Davis- minikitte (IS, call 4/13, #3), cooniexp (IS, call 4/16), ZebraFinch (IS, call 4/15, #6)
UF- LilyFrog, IS (call 4/14)
UGA- modidl (call 4/12)
UPenn- lalzi22 (call 4/6, OOS)
LSU- rileydog (call 4/13), zxz130 (OOS, status change 4/14)
Mississippi- PrimalMU (call 4/15), luplodw, OOS, (call 4/15)
Missouri- bardsle1 (waitlist #6, OOS, call 4/14)
Oklahoma- sadiego (OOS, call 4/19, no rank), zxz130 (OOS, call 4/19)
Purdue- Animevet (OOS, call 4/12), littlegray (IS, call 4/16), ncbelle (OOS, email to call her 4/19)
VMRCVM- GreennWhite (call 2/24), JCG621 (call 4/6), eventualeventer (call 4/13), Sk8gurl06 (call 4/13)


Congrats zxz130! I am also on the LSU waitlist, and very eagerly waiting for it to move! Out of curiosity, did they tell you anything about your rank or how far they were on the list? Did you interview with them?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats zxz130! I am also on the LSU waitlist, and very eagerly waiting for it to move! Out of curiosity, did they tell you anything about your rank or how far they were on the list? Did you interview with them?

Sorry, no rank information but I did not interview with them and declined the offer. So, they're moving down quite a bit.
 
Sorry, no rank information but I did not interview with them and declined the offer. So, they're moving down quite a bit.

Thanks! It's good to know there is still hope for the rest of us who didn't interview🙂 Congrats again on your acceptances😀😀
 
Thanks! It's good to know there is still hope for the rest of us who didn't interview🙂 Congrats again on your acceptances😀😀

No problem! The great thing about LSU, is they keep you updated on the amount of seats so you can get a good gauge. Something all vet schools should do IMO. 🙄
Hope you hear from them! :xf:
 
Yea, Iowa State was supposed to have started sending wait list positions today, but they must not have gotten to it. So, tomorrow the emails will come and Wednesday the phone calls will start. 😛 Congrats once again on the new acceptances! :laugh:


I got my e-mail from Iowa today with my wait list rank. I'm definitly in the limbo terriotory unfortunatly, but who knows how much the list may move...stranger things have happend!
 
I got my e-mail from Iowa today with my wait list rank. I'm definitly in the limbo terriotory unfortunatly, but who knows how much the list may move...stranger things have happend!


Got mine too. Exactly halfway down the list, whatever that means! I'll admit, I stayed on the list mostly because I was curious. Doubt I'll go there even if they do call me off it...too much $$$!
 
My friend who is not a SDNer was called off the WSU waitlist this afternoon (IS, top third of waitlist 4/19) and she accepted.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!!!!
 
😕
Dear Applicant:

This email is to notify you that at the current time the Kansas State University College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2014 is filled. It is possible that some who have accepted our offers will withdraw if offered positions elsewhere. If we have openings between now and the beginning of classes in August we will make offers to those on the alternate list. Therefore, please keep us informed if your contact information changes.

We wish you the very best as you pursue your career goals!

🙁
 
Auburn- wahooligan (call 4/12)
UC Davis- minikitte (IS, call 4/13, #3), cooniexp (IS, call 4/16), ZebraFinch (IS, call 4/15, #6)
UF- LilyFrog, IS (call 4/14)
UGA- modidl (call 4/12)
UPenn- lalzi22 (call 4/6, OOS)
LSU- rileydog (call 4/13), zxz130 (OOS, status change 4/14)
Mississippi- PrimalMU (call 4/15), luplodw, OOS, (call 4/15)
Missouri- bardsle1 (waitlist #6, OOS, call 4/14)
Oklahoma- sadiego (OOS, call 4/19, no rank), zxz130 (OOS, call 4/19)
Purdue- Animevet (OOS, call 4/12), littlegray (IS, call 4/16), ncbelle (OOS, email to call her 4/19)
VMRCVM- GreennWhite (call 2/24), JCG621 (call 4/6), eventualeventer (call 4/13), Sk8gurl06 (call 4/13)
ISU-LovesCats (IS, waitlist #4 4/20)


YEA!!!!!!!😀😍:soexcited::clap::wow::biglove: SO EXCITED!!!

user_online.gif
 
omg I just received a call from Cornell!! I am in class and shrieked and ran out and then proceeded to freak out and start crying and shaking. (which i still am)

just want to say congrats to everyone that has been accepted so far, and i really really hope everyone hears good news soon, because i know how hard waiting is & wish everyone the very best. SDN has been a really awesome support and informational community


Auburn- wahooligan (call 4/12)
Cornell - clouds815 (IS, call 4/20)
UC Davis- minikitte (IS, call 4/13, #3), cooniexp (IS, call 4/16), ZebraFinch (IS, call 4/15, #6)
UF- LilyFrog, IS (call 4/14)
UGA- modidl (call 4/12)
UPenn- lalzi22 (call 4/6, OOS)
LSU- rileydog (call 4/13),zxz130 (OOS, status change 4/14)
Mississippi- PrimalMU (call 4/15), luplodw, OOS, (call 4/15)
Missouri- bardsle1 (waitlist #6, OOS, call 4/14)
Oklahoma- sadiego (OOS, call 4/19, no rank), zxz130 (OOS, call 4/19)
Purdue- Animevet (OOS, call 4/12), littlegray (IS, call 4/16), ncbelle (OOS, email to call her 4/19)
VMRCVM- GreennWhite (call 2/24), JCG621 (call 4/6), eventualeventer (call 4/13), Sk8gurl06 (call 4/13)
 
😕
Dear Applicant:

This email is to notify you that at the current time the Kansas State University College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2014 is filled. It is possible that some who have accepted our offers will withdraw if offered positions elsewhere. If we have openings between now and the beginning of classes in August we will make offers to those on the alternate list. Therefore, please keep us informed if your contact information changes.

We wish you the very best as you pursue your career goals!

🙁




So yeah, learned today-

K-state always overaccepts admitted students a little bit (as pretty much all schools do), figuring that many will accept other offers to their instate/cheaper OOS school. Once they dip below the class number of 118 that was set for the Class of 2014, they accept waitlisters.

Well they didn't get to do that this year, because as of right now 132 people have replied that they are accepting K-states admittance offer, which has never happened before. And is a bit of an issue since 132 people probably would not fit in the first year laboratory....

They're actually hoping that as some students come off waitlists at other schools, they will decline K-state and forfeit their deposit, so the class size will go down a bit.
 
Well they didn't get to do that this year, because as of right now 132 people have replied that they are accepting K-states admittance offer, which has never happened before. And is a bit of an issue since 132 people probably would not fit in the first year laboratory....


lol wow! i'm really interested to hear what they're gonna do
 
that situation is very uncool. I know that Michigan state has a disclaimer on their acceptance letter that states that if in the event more students accept positions than there are positions available, the university can refund one's deposit and revoke the admission offer! I suppose Kansas might consider something similar next year...

in general, this whole admission process of accepting more students than there are spots is completely ridiculous and I'll-advised. Isn't that what waitlists are for??
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
that situation is very uncool. I know that Michigan state has a disclaimer on their acceptance letter that states that if in the event more students accept positions than there are positions available, the university can refund one's deposit and revoke the admission offer! I suppose Kansas might consider something similar next year...

in general, this whole admission process of accepting more students than there are spots is completely ridiculous and I'll-advised. Isn't that what waitlists are for??

It's like airlines overselling their seats and then kicking you off the flight!!! 😡
 
It's like airlines overselling their seats and then kicking you off the flight!!! 😡

Yeah, but the airlines are legally required to put you on another flight, perhaps on another airline. I don't see schools shipping their overbooked students off to another vet school. Maybe they will put students into a graduate law school instead. Different destination but still flying.
 
Maybe they will put students into a graduate law school instead. Different destination but still flying.

That seriously cracked me up :laugh: It's like buying a ticket for the bahamas and finding out you're going to siberia instead...hey all I packed are flip flops and a swimsuit...shoot
 
But worse! If you get kicked off your flight, you're out a few hours, maybe a day or so. This means a whole year at least! I wonder if they would at least grant those poor folks a guaranteed seat in the next class...