-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 University of South Alabama Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
First to reply?
Applying to USA this cycle and was hoping that someone could tell me more about the University and Mobile? The only thing I know about Mobile is that there are leprechauns there apparently 😎
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nda_OSWeyn8
Applying to USA this cycle and was hoping that someone could tell me more about the University and Mobile? The only thing I know about Mobile is that there are leprechauns there apparently 😎
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nda_OSWeyn8
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anxious to know how this secondary is....
I'm OOS but have close ties to Alabama (attended The University of Alabama for undergrad). I spoke to admissions the other day and the woman was very reassuring that I could be considered IS prior to paying the first year's OOS tuition -- good news to anyone who went to undergrad in Alabama, assuming you're accepted.
I'm OOS but have close ties to Alabama (attended The University of Alabama for undergrad). I spoke to admissions the other day and the woman was very reassuring that I could be considered IS prior to paying the first year's OOS tuition -- good news to anyone who went to undergrad in Alabama, assuming you're accepted.
Has anyone received a secondary app yet?
Anyone heard anything yet? I haven't even gotten a conformation email that they received my application.
got it today as well 🙂
just a question though....do you know if they waive the fee for aamc fee waiver recipients?
just a question though....do you know if they waive the fee for aamc fee waiver recipients?
Just mailed the secondary! Here's hoping for an interview!
Just sent as well. Good Luck all!
Does anyone know anything about the Florida-Alabama instate thing? I live in NW Florida (less than an hour from Mobile) and I have heard off hand that residents of the area qualify for instate tuition. Does anyone know if this counts for medical school? And will I be considered in state in the application process?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know anything about the Florida-Alabama instate thing? I live in NW Florida (less than an hour from Mobile) and I have heard off hand that residents of the area qualify for instate tuition. Does anyone know if this counts for medical school? And will I be considered in state in the application process?
yes, escambia and santa rosa counties are counted for instate tuition, and someone else wondered about FEE WAIVER, - just print out the email awarding the waiver and send it in with the secondary and they'll waive the 2ndary cost. I did it.
I was a resident of escambia FL when I applying last yr. Multiple sources said the tuition thing.
What is the secondary essay? Is it actually optional..
Yeah it's optional but it's your basic diversity essay. What makes you different and how has that prepared you to be a physician. I can get the exact wording for you if you want.
It's also a max of 500 words
yes, escambia and santa rosa counties are counted for instate tuition, and someone else wondered about FEE WAIVER, - just print out the email awarding the waiver and send it in with the secondary and they'll waive the 2ndary cost. I did it.
I was a resident of escambia FL when I applying last yr. Multiple sources said the tuition thing.
Nice I am Escambia county too.
snail mail is the only option actually.
Has anyone that is applying early decision been notified about an interview yet? I received one email from them saying they would notify 2 weeks prior to the interview date and I also recieved a second email saying they would notify me 3 weeks prior to the interview date so I am not sure which one is correct.
Nice I am Escambia county too.
OMG! I am Santa Rosa County! From Gulf Breeze!! Crazy
I would love the exact wording.Yeah it's optional but it's your basic diversity essay. What makes you different and how has that prepared you to be a physician. I can get the exact wording for you if you want.
It's also a max of 500 words
I would love the exact wording.
OPTIONAL ESSAY (500 words maximum; typed on a separate sheet)
The learning community at the University of South Alabama College of Medicine benefi ts from the inclusion of students with
broad life experiences, as well as students from diverse backgrounds. The Admissions Committee encourages you to share life
experiences that you may have had and/or important factors in your background that illustrate your readiness for practicing
medicine in a multicultural society.
Just got my first MD II here for October 9! Regular Decision..super excited!
Just got my first MD II here for October 9! Regular Decision..super excited!
Congrats!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What do you mean by II's?
Interview Invites. I was expecting more than just one person on SDN to get one from the first batch sent out.
I've noticed that Alabama residents are under-represented on SDN, so that might be the reason.
I've noticed that Alabama residents are under-represented on SDN, so that might be the reason.
We need some more people on here! This thread got awfully quiet last cycle.
We need some more people on here! This thread got awfully quiet last cycle.
There are a ton of people applying to this school and interviewing with this school. Just bec it is quiet on SDN doesnt mean anything. Also there are a lot of people that are enrolled in the school program that guarantees admission should they meet certain qualifications undergrad. A lot of them are graduating this year and know they are automatically in. Also USA does kinda prefer Alabama applicants but they do take out of staters too. So all these reasons are most likely why its quiet.
Does anyone know if there is an extra question in the secondary for reapplicants?
I'm applying here In-State. Sending the secondary off today (a little late, but I tried to cram everything in as quickly as possible since I'm non-traditional). Did everyone here do the essay? I've sent in a couple secondaries with optional essays, I wrote one but not the other. I really don't have much to say that wasn't on my AMCAS, but I don't know if they expect one or not.
Just got my II today for October 30th. In state.
Congrats!
can anyone tell me how USA is with OOS applicants? i've heard that it's pretty difficult to even get an II with them if you are OOS...
Just got my II today for October 30th. In state.
stats?
can anyone tell me how USA is with OOS applicants? i've heard that it's pretty difficult to even get an II with them if you are OOS...
Have any OOS interviews been given so far?
Have any OOS interviews been given so far?
I'm OOS with an invite, however I'm a Mobile native and spent the majority of my childhood there so that probably helped me
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
gpa: 4.0 mcat: 30 (10,10,10)stats?
Yeah it's optional but it's your basic diversity essay. What makes you different and how has that prepared you to be a physician. I can get the exact wording for you if you want.
It's also a max of 500 words
I would love the exact wording. Thanks
I would love the exact wording. Thanks
I answered a few posts up 🙂
Any acceptances on here? If so, what were your stats?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
