-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 University of Rochester Application Thread
Started by JJMrK
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Applying here from MI. One of my two dream schools for fit. My stats are a little low for them, probably, but I'm *really* hoping for a chance.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One of my good friends is starting here in the fall. She loved the school and curriculum, as well as the students she interviewed and met at second look. Sounds like the surrounding area is pretty suburban (she's moving from Boston, sounds like a big change of pace from what she's said). I just applied and am hoping to get to check the school out myself!
Secondary today in my gmail spam folder
Also in my gmail spam folder. Thanks for the heads up!
Can someone post the questions?
Thanks!
Thanks!
Can someone post the questions?
Thanks!
No essays! Just a few questions to answer.
Those of you who received the secondary already, are you verified?
thanks!
I am verified!
Those of you who received the secondary already, are you verified?
thanks!
I'm verified, but I don't see anything in my spam folder :/
I'm verified, but I don't see anything in my spam folder :/
me neither.... my stats weren't great... Did i get screened out???/

me neither.... my stats weren't great... Did i get screened out???/![]()
I'm wondering the same thing. I am also verified, but my MCAT is average and my GPA is above average... makes me nervous though!
I'm wondering the same thing. I am also verified, but my MCAT is average and my GPA is above average... makes me nervous though!
same here, good GPA, bad mcat....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Another without a secondary yet -- average MCAT (maybe lower for them) and above average GPA -- and really hoping I wasn't screened out or anything.
U of R doesn't screen. Most schools just send out their secondaries in batches to avoid overloading their servers/getting all of them at once. Give it a few business days before you panic.Another without a secondary yet -- average MCAT (maybe lower for them) and above average GPA -- and really hoping I wasn't screened out or anything.
Anyone who is verified and hasn't received a secondary yet?
Yeah, I am verified and have not received a secondary yet.
anyone who is verified and hasn't received a secondary yet?
+1
+2
Rochester is seriously *UP* there on apparent fit too so I'm really hoping for a secondary. I've also been verified since before the initial transmission of info.
Anyone who is verified and hasn't received a secondary yet?
Me. Hopefully we're in the next batch!
I called today and they said they never sent one and I am coming up. Verified and designated U of R since 6/13
Also complete this morning.
Not sure if this is well-known, but I appreciated that the email that told me I was complete specified how they view multiple MCAT scores:
Please note that if you either have taken or took multiple MCAT exams, Rochester will not average the scores. For review of your application, the Admissions Committee will use the highest exam score.
Good to know!
Not sure if this is well-known, but I appreciated that the email that told me I was complete specified how they view multiple MCAT scores:
Please note that if you either have taken or took multiple MCAT exams, Rochester will not average the scores. For review of your application, the Admissions Committee will use the highest exam score.
Good to know!
Weird that a lot of you guys haven't gotten secondaries. I was finally marked complete this morning.
could be the same problem pritzker had.
Just received secondary from Rochester at 2 pm. I use gmail and the email was in my spam folder. Best wishes!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just received secondary from Rochester at 2 pm. I use gmail and the email was in my spam folder. Best wishes!
Thanks, checked it out and same here, 🙂.
Ah I don't have a secondary application yet either. I've applied to AMCAS the first date possible. Stressing me out. But I am glad many other people are having problems too.
Just got mine. Call them.
Finally got this secondary!
Just received secondary from Rochester at 2 pm. I use gmail and the email was in my spam folder. Best wishes!
Submitted! Easiest secondary ever, if only every other school learned a lesson from Rochester!
Is there anyone else who is verified but hasn't received one?
me
Just received secondary from Rochester at 2 pm. I use gmail and the email was in my spam folder. Best wishes!
Gosh darnit gmail. I got mine on 7/2 and didn't find it until now. Thanks for the heads up about the spam folder though.
does anyone know why they asked the question about being out of the country in the secondary?
does anyone know why they asked the question about being out of the country in the secondary?
I thought that was odd too. I'm thinking maybe they mean being outside of the country for an extended period of time that would effect interviews, such as being stationed in another country with the military or Peace Corps or something.
I thought that was odd too. I'm thinking maybe they mean being outside of the country for an extended period of time that would effect interviews, such as being stationed in another country with the military or Peace Corps or something.
Thats what I was thinking too... I'm doing my Masters in Canada, but that won't affect my ability to interview since I'm still driving distance from the University - I put the period that I will be out of the country nonetheless. I just thought it was odd.
My AMCAS was verified today, and I received/submitted this secondary! LORs are not shown as received yet.
same 🙂 it will probably take a day - I will be checking back tomorrow
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No essays! Just a few questions to answer.
What exactly are the "few questions"? Anyone mind posting for those of us who are still waiting to be verified? Also, the character limits for these questions. Thanks!
What exactly are the "few questions"? Anyone mind posting for those of us who are still waiting to be verified? Also, the character limits for these questions. Thanks!
No, really, don't worry about it. It will take you 2 minutes.
This is my dream school
Has anyone else received a big envelope via snail mail from them? I don't see how it can be anything really substantive since I only was marked complete on Wednesday, but it's always nice to get things in the mail. I'm not home to open it...
Yeah, just your typical brochure. Nice of them to send it out though, they have an impressive program.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K