2025-2026 Rochester

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have any advice about how to complete their brief "most significant non-academic experience" post-II secondary (if you can call it a secondary). I know the interview is closed file; however I'm still wary about using my most-significant from my primary app as well for fear of being redundant. Many thanks!
 
mine were all my MMEs (2 significant experiences + gap year experience). so definitely a lot of overlap. i assume they expect this because "most significant" = most meaningful. i was accepted earlier this month so i think it's not a big deal at all!
that helps to know! thank you
 
Does anyone have any advice about how to complete their brief "most significant non-academic experience" post-II secondary (if you can call it a secondary). I know the interview is closed file; however I'm still wary about using my most-significant from my primary app as well for fear of being redundant. Many thanks!
I did only 1 of them was the same as my AMCAS most meaningful and I got accepted earlier this month too! Put things you want to talk about 🙂 I chose diverse things that showed off different skills/experiences
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know when the accepted students Facebook will open up? Starting to think about looking for housing and not sure what the market is like around the school
 
Does anyone have any advice about how to complete their brief "most significant non-academic experience" post-II secondary (if you can call it a secondary). I know the interview is closed file; however I'm still wary about using my most-significant from my primary app as well for fear of being redundant. Many thanks!
following up on this - does anyone have guidance on if this should be more of a basic description of role/responsibilities/impact or be more story based? in my AMCAS i did the role thing and then the story as the MME essay but there isn't room for both in 100 words.

also, if my gap year activity is also a MME that i did throughout college and am continuing now, should I pick a different one for most significant? i could put my research and main volunteering for the two most significants, but I honestly have a hard time talking abt my research stuff bc I haven't been doing it post-grad and haven't really been thinking abt it much lol. I'm wondering if might be better to avoid that and put my gap year clinical job as most significant and mention that i'm continuing it in the gap year part?

thanks 🙂
 
Just checking, research counts as a non-academic experience correct? and also bump^^ did people keep their descriptions basic given we only have 100 words or use more impactful stories?
 
Just checking, research counts as a non-academic experience correct? and also bump^^ did people keep their descriptions basic given we only have 100 words or use more impactful stories?
Can't answer the first as I did not include research in my mini essays. But for your second question, in one I included a *very* brief anecdote and in the other, basically descriptive. Weird quirk of the Rochester interview process but I do know it's blind so I digress.
 
post II WL, interviewed late october :/ Online it looks like they only accept around 30 people off the WL every year... Can anyone corroborate that?
 
post II WL, interviewed late october :/ Online it looks like they only accept around 30 people off the WL every year... Can anyone corroborate that?
Look at admit. Subtract the number of acceptances from how many people matriculate in MSAR and you'll have your answer.

Edit: they interview 600 people and send 300 acceptances for 102 seats. So it's about 200 people that get accepted from the waitlist and gives you a 50% chance of acceptance. Maybe higher than that since there will be post-II rejections without going on the waitlist.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Post II WL, interviewed 11/12. Lucky to have one A but this is my seventh waitlist in three cycles, I have no idea what’s wrong with my app at this point.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Completed my secondaries back in July, still waiting for Interview. I guess no news is good news. Anyone in same boat as me?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does rochester accept update letters of letters of interest? i see in their portal there is an option to upload "additional documents" but unsure since other schools specify "update letters" or "letters of intent" in this section. any advice would be super helpful, thank you!
 
Can someone confirm that the "2 significant activities and 2 essays" to submit prior to the interview are the first and second most significant experiences, gap year essay, and the secondary essay that we completed prior to receiving an II?