The Republic of Texas Thread - Part III - Where the West begins!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what the... i don't check sdn for like 1/2 a day and now there's a new thread.. LOL

good luck guys...im feeling the same way as yall...ulcer...nausea... gulp...:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Cherry Nyquil Whiskey Sour anyone? :eek:

I'd be down for Margarita Ranch possibly, we'll see how much predrinking occurs.

Not to start this again, but I still don't have a Validation Date.:scared: :(

New Thread! Yay! My LMFU hasn't changed since december :(

wow, part III! nice.

I keep checking TMDSAS today and hoping that there will be another glitch and our match results will be posted early. no such luck yet though! haha.

I live in d-town. Maybe I'll come on by to celebrate if there's something to celebrate.

Man, every minute I go from confident and positive to COMPLETELY low and feeling totally unworthy of my #1.

Its exciting though I guess..

Yay! Part three!

Now, let's see if the frenzy will reach such a level today that we will reach part IV tonight!! :eek:

I'm going out tonight so you guys will have to do it without my help :)

But good luck everyone and I'll be checking when I get home to see how you all do :D

Tequila.. or Beer... ? Tequila.. or Beer... ? Tequila.. or Beer... or whiskey? Oh the choices we must make in life...

I miss TEJAS! :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Tequila.. or Beer... ? Tequila.. or Beer... ? Tequila.. or Beer... or whiskey? Oh the choices we must make in life...

Why not all three? ;)

Ah Ha!! Brilliant!! you should be a doctor or something.

Mmmm.....that's a great idea!

...Wait, what exactly do I have to do?

And what are my chances?

Does my undergrad matter?

Mmmm.....that's a great idea!

...Wait, what exactly do I have to do?

And what are my chances?

Does my undergrad matter?

A grad of Dr Pepper U??? Psssht!!!

No med school will have you!:thumbdown:
You're screwed... You went to "that Baptist School with the pet bear, footbal team with no reason not to be decent and drank all that Dr Pepper"

Screwed I tell ya. :laugh:

A grad of Dr Pepper U??? Psssht!!!

No med school will have you!:thumbdown:
You're screwed... You went to "that Baptist School with the pet bear, footbal team with no reason not to be decent and drank all that Dr Pepper"

Screwed I tell ya. :laugh:

Don't insult Judge Joy, she's a good bear, and she can eat people, you know, she's very sensitive to criticism. And also, Dr. Pepper rocks. :D

(Notice I do not defend our football team, you are right and they suck...everyone knows that, even them)

who here is hoping for UTSW? today's exciting for me because i finally get to know who more of my classmates are going to be:)

who here is hoping for UTSW? today's exciting for me because i finally get to know who more of my classmates are going to be:)

Well technically I ranked UTSW higher in the match, but I don't know what I'm hoping for anymore! I think I just want an answer to where I'm supposed to be for the next four years. Picking undergrad was SO much easier! I always KNEW I would be an aggie. But with med school I LOVE the people at UTH, but I like the location of UTSW. What to do! I'm mostly excited for everyone else and for all of my non SDN friends (yes there are people not on SDN) to find out too!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Anyone looking for San Antonio?

I am hoping for SA love, but I do not think it will happen. I interviewed on the first day, and I think that if they wanted me I would have been picked up on the prematch. O'well, getting into medical school is such a crap shoot, I just feel lucky to be in at least one school.

Anastasis - I agree, some part of me regrets not ranking UT-Houston above San Antonio even though I only received the pre-match offer from SA. The only downside to Houston for me was the location.

spursss-I am hoping for SA love, but I do not think it will happen. I interviewed on the first day, and I think that if they wanted me I would have been picked up on the prematch. O'well, getting into medical school is such a crap shoot, I just feel lucky to be in at least one school.

Werd.

'Rambler

Wishing you all a successful match. May you all get your #1 choices.

A&M love for me, pleeeeeeeeeeeease!:luck:

yes! yes! YES!!!!!!! PLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASEEE San Antonio!!

Hoping for UTSW... which would free up a UTSA pre-match offer for all those hopefuls out there!

Hoping for UTSW... which would free up a UTSA pre-match offer for all those hopefuls out there!

I too am hoping for SW...it would help me stay in the great state of Texas

I've been eating ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL day out of nervousness. ugh. And I'm supposed to go on a date for dinner. So I'll be a nervous wreck and not even hungry. but I suppose thats never stopped me from eating before :)

^
|
|
|
Did I post your picture on this thread already?

Hello all!! My uncontrollable anxiety level with the match coming up tonight has compelled me to actually make a post...I've been compulsively following the thread(s) for few months and trying to stay sane with all the LMFU and VD dates talk. For the record I have no pre-match offers, a LMFU of 021207, and a validation date of absolute zero...:confused: Anyway in the spirit of Valentines Day I'm gorging myself on alcohol filled chocolate and hoping for a V-Day Validation Date!!! :love:

Happy Valentine's Day to all. I am rooting for everyone on this thread:). You all are awesome!!!

For those that don't get in, just think of it as one year of vacation before a lifetime of hard work starts. I'm probably just going to tour the world commiting tons of crime.

A&M love for me, pleeeeeeeeeeeease!:luck:
wrd to me (being your mom). hahah get it!?!? man i'm trying to not go crazy.

also for what it's worth, i've been practicing my WHOOP so when i get in tonight, i can start doing it.

I .....can't......take......this.....waiting........anymore......

wrd to me (being your mom). hahah get it!?!? man i'm trying to not go crazy.

also for what it's worth, i've been practicing my WHOOP so when i get in tonight, i can start doing it.
I wonder if you start over when you start med school. :smuggrin: In which case you'll be a freshman so if you WHOOP you know some gung-ho 4th year is going to make you start pushing (actually maybe not because that would be REALLY bad bull).

If we're on a new Texas thread, I need to hoist the flag up in this one too:
texas_flag.JPG

I'm sure the schools know where we have matched already, right?

Good luck y'all! :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: I don't know if they still do it, but my match went through a bit early - I checked at around 11 pm and it was there! And those of you partying somewhere other than your place - be safe! I guess y'all don't have to worry about falling shuttle parts... we woke up the morning after finding out we were coming to San Antonio to the space shuttle exploding.

Is anyone else a chicken like me who's too scared to check tonight and rather wait until tomorrow?

I really don't know whether I'll have the courage to check tonight or not. :scared:

Texas, our Texas! All hail the mighty State!
Texas, our Texas! So wonderful so great!
Boldest and grandest, Withstanding ev'ry test;
O Empire wide and glorious, You stand supremely blest.

God bless you Texas! And keep you brave and strong,
That you may grow in power and worth, Thro'out the ages long.

Texas, O Texas! Your freeborn single star,
Sends out its radiance to nations near and far.
Emblem of freedom! It sets our hearts aglow,
With thoughts of San Jacinto and glorious Alamo.

Texas, dear Texas! From tyrant grip now free,
Shines forth in splendor your star of destiny!
Mother of heroes! We come your children true,
Proclaiming our allegiance, our faith, our love for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.