Rearview Mirror: Ectopic should create the thread after this

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
oceans-thirteen-poster-c.jpg

I hope this one will be as good as Ocean's 11...

Members don't see this ad.

haha, and what did you come up with in the end? What cities made your top 5 or 10 list?

I'm moving for my 3rd year, which I guess kind of leads to the other post. I have exams about every other week right now until the end of the year. I get to start studying for boards soon too. :eek:

As for where to move, I got a list from someone that made the move last year, but still did some researching of my own. I know where I am supposed to be for rotations now, it's just a matter of finding decent housing for a good price (as if that ever happens). I'm assuming that since you are excited about getting into med school that you know at least the area you want to live in, then narrow down by how far you want to drive or if you want to be able to walk around your neighborhood at night.

For where I live now, I don't have to drive to go to class (bonus when there is bad traffic), but I don't at all feel safe walking around alone at night.

How's that for a long answer that h24g is going to harass me about.

I can hear it already: "If you would have divided that up, we would have had about 20 more posts." Sorry.

Members don't see this ad :)
But the eye is patched and now I am ready for my movie.

And I didn't feel like waiting 20 seconds between each thought.

Wow, how many oceans can there be? I thought 11 was plenty.

When is match day? And how does all that mess work about picking your top three or four residencies that you want to go into and matching into them or whatnot?

It's March 20th - that date is burned into my mind.

It's wild to think that in less than 4 months, I will know where I am spending my next 4 years.

Members don't see this ad :)
There's 1 more interview that I really really really want.

I thought I'd come over and see what all the fuss was about...

and maybe entertain y'all with some crazy tinfoil-labcoat stories

To wit:
No matter how much I try to limit a patient's long winded answers to my yes-no questions, I always seem to get the patient with end-stage fibromyalgia and pan-pain who is a complete life-force-stealing-soul-sucking-dementor-from-hell who can't answer a simple question to save their life. - Jeff698
These same people come to us to...not too long ago I saw a pt who had been dx'd with an internal parasite (zoonotic) 7 wks ago. My VA called and scheduled for a post-tx retest-and reminded the O that we would need to test another fecal sample.

When the client came in, out from his backpack came a giant plastic bag, with every single bowel movement the pt had had for the previous SEVEN WEEKS, all smooshed in together. Upon further torture, I mean, client communication, it was unearthed that I may have been a little to vague upon the initial exam (when I reminded Mr. X that Fluffypants would need a fecal retest in 7 wks).

I guess I should have specified that IN 7 weeks WE would test ONE bowel movement....

How I wished my patients would just come in by themselves, credit card in a little pouch around their neck along with a note that says "I've been vomiting up foamy salive, I think I have a GDV" or "I think I have pancreatitis again"

I thought I'd come over and see what all the fuss was about...

and maybe entertain y'all with some crazy tinfoil-labcoat stories

To wit:These same people come to us to...not too long ago I saw a pt who had been dx'd with an internal parasite (zoonotic) 7 wks ago. My VA called and scheduled for a post-tx retest-and reminded the O that we would need to test another fecal sample.

When the client came in, out from his backpack came a giant plastic bag, with every single bowel movement the pt had had for the previous SEVEN WEEKS, all smooshed in together. Upon further torture, I mean, client communication, it was unearthed that I may have been a little to vague upon the initial exam (when I reminded Mr. X that Fluffypants would need a fecal retest in 7 wks).

I guess I should have specified that IN 7 weeks WE would test ONE bowel movement....

How I wished my patients would just come in by themselves, credit card in a little pouch around their neck along with a note that says "I've been vomiting up foamy salive, I think I have a GDV" or "I think I have pancreatitis again"

:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

*making mental note*

I am going to have to tell my friend to break up with her boyfriend...tactfully. Will be interesting. He's just no good for her...she deserves much better.

Unfortunately I did the same thing for her about half a year ago.

Where's H24G???

Was hoping to hear some program reviews from her....

Hope everyone is enjoying their interviews . . . those of you fellow fourth years.

2 interviews coming up next week, then none till January when I'm going on an interview bonanza.

Pretty good week this week . . . my first MI patient where I was the primary care giver (patient presented in failure)

Man, I love it when you see the acute presentation of diseases that you hear people talk about in medical school.