Rearview Mirror: Ectopic should create the thread after this

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can't believe you 2 stopped just shy of a new page.

Members don't see this ad.

Still waking up from my nap. Guess it's about time to become productive. After I eat some dinner first of course.

Is there that chance that you 2 would end up at the same program? Or do you think they are making sure you don't?

i think the chances of that happening are pretty much zero. in fact, if it did happen, i would be convinced someone messed with our rank lists (with hers, not mine)

Members don't see this ad :)
i think the chances of that happening are pretty much zero. in fact, if it did happen, i would be convinced someone messed with our rank lists (with hers, not mine)

Then at least the same area? Because it seems time that you 2 were reunited....

Then at least the same area? Because it seems time that you 2 were reunited....

probably not the same area either... but there are always conferences... em is a small world, you always end up bumping into people... or so i have been told

i could always sign a dollar bill and put in a book and if she finds it, it will be a sign that we are meant to be together

probably not the same area either... but there are always conferences... em is a small world, you always end up bumping into people... or so i have been told

That's probably true. Sounds like one city wouldn't be able to handle the both of you anyway.

i could always sign a dollar bill and put in a book and if she finds it, it will be a sign that we are meant to be together

:laugh: Only if she were the first to look at the book after you did it. But if you tell the name of the book and the store, maybe there's a chance.

When do you take step 3? Do most take it before starting residency? I know...I should know this by now, but I am not with it.

When do you take step 3? Do most take it before starting residency? I know...I should know this by now, but I am not with it.

you take it during your internship year... you actually have to be a doctor first ;)

and i only just learned this recently, so don't feel too bad, im not really with it either!

you take it during your internship year... you actually have to be a doctor first ;)

and i only just learned this recently, so don't feel too bad, im not really with it either!

Actually that does make me feel better (that you found out recently). Do most just go in and take it without extra study time then (because I understand people are just a little busy during their intern year)? Pretty much what I guess I am asking is that do you try to study throughout the 4th year and hope that's enough to pull it off?

Actually that does make me feel better (that you found out recently). Do most just go in and take it without extra study time then (because I understand people are just a little busy during their intern year)? Pretty much what I guess I am asking is that do you try to study throughout the 4th year and hope that's enough to pull it off?

two months, two weeks, number two pencil... it's kinda the often quoted way to study for steps 1,2, and 3 respectively

two months, two weeks, number two pencil... it's kinda the often quoted way to study for steps 1,2, and 3 respectively

:laugh: That will make it easier to remember.

Members don't see this ad :)
everyone clap your hands

no insults about my first choice! wow! your frontal lobe must be turned into overdrive tonight

well, I thought about what your said the other day and I decided it does make great sense for you :)idea:), though I still think you should contemplate more between #1 and #2.

:laugh: Yes, actually it's my least favorite thing about sleepymed - that she's not going to be at the same program with me :(. I am tempted to move the ONE program we have in common up on my ROL just for her sake

well, I thought about what your said the other day and I decided it does make great sense for you :)idea:), though I still think you should contemplate more between #1 and #2.

i am! i have a couple meetings with different mentors to discuss my #1 and #2!!

:laugh: Yes, actually it's my least favorite thing about sleepymed - that she's not going to be at the same program with me :(. I am tempted to move the ONE program we have in common up on my ROL just for her sake

my heart is just a-flutter with joy

i am such a slob... i am lying in bed in my pjs, a big bulky sweater, eating cranberry almond crunch cereal, and checking sdn...

:love: but I think youknowwho warned me off especially because of the things he and I and T have in common....

I thought T loved the program (assuming we are talking about the same T)

I can totally see you being a slob, btw! :laugh:

I finally finished the last of my thank you cards. Now I need to get ready to go TA...

I don't wanna exercise but I guess I should bust a few moves before I get in the shower...

I finally finished the last of my thank you cards. Now I need to get ready to go TA...

i have so many thank you cards to write... i've been terrible, I need to sit in a coffee shop sometime this weekend and just pound them out.

I don't wanna exercise but I guess I should bust a few moves before I get in the shower...

i haven't exercised since november. I am terrible... i'm going to start up again in Feb.... at least i keep telling myself that!

she does, but he thinks color is an issue, not sure if that is the case...

i didn't feel like this was an issue at all!! in fact the diversity of the program is part of the reason i love it so much!

i didn't feel like this was an issue at all!! in fact the diversity of the program is part of the reason i love it so much!

then again, I am just a student, so maybe i'm missing out on some subtleties

i haven't exercised since november. I am terrible... i'm going to start up again in Feb.... at least i keep telling myself that!

well, we walked to the train station the other day, that was about a mile.... :)

then again, I am just a student, so maybe i'm missing out on some subtleties

some people also misinterpret things. I would think favoritism is more a problem than anything else, but you don't have to worry about that ;)

well, we walked to the train station the other day, that was about a mile.... :)

oh.. was this after our sugar binge??? does it still count as exercise when you have to drag your feet?

i just found out that a third year i think is awesome has decided to go into EM... totally made my day!!

i just found out that a third year i think is awesome has decided to go into EM... totally made my day!!

congrats! But remember he/she has plenty of time to screw up and choose IM :smuggrin:

Exercise always counts! :mad: <sigh> I better go read

congrats! But remember he/she has plenty of time to screw up and choose IM :smuggrin:

naw... he was one of those that was flirting between surgery and EM, and he just finished his surgery rotation when he came to this epiphany

So, I made some adjustments in my schedule today...

AND I'LL BE DOING TWO WEEKS OF EM IN MAY!!!

why only two weeks? And where have you been? :confused:

Two weeks because, for scheduling reasons, that's all I'm going to spend at my home program.

I was on surgery and then I was home with family and then I was on vacation and now I'm on eternal medicine. sigh....

Two weeks because, for scheduling reasons, that's all I'm going to spend at my home program.

I was on surgery and then I was home with family and then I was on vacation and now I'm on eternal medicine. sigh....

don't forget to make a compelling case for urine electrolytes at rounds! :smuggrin:

I make fun of IM, but it ain't so bad for a month or two. Not sure what all the fuss is about with medicine floor months in residency.

I don't consider floor months low yield because it is our opportunity to remind the primary service(s) we are just as smart if not smarter than them and that we rock :cool: