Interview at UGA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got into uga pharmacy now! yayyyy! was happy to see a letter in the mail today :)

Members don't see this ad.

I got into uga pharmacy now! yayyyy! was happy to see a letter in the mail today :)

Wow. Congrats! I was hoping I would get a letter today too. Do you know when they sent out the letters? Also, can I ask where u live? I live in a dorm at UGA, so it should get here pretty fast IF I got in. Kinda getting nervous here... Congrats again!

Wow. Congrats! I was hoping I would get a letter today too. Do you know when they sent out the letters? Also, can I ask where u live? I live in a dorm at UGA, so it should get here pretty fast IF I got in. Kinda getting nervous here... Congrats again!

The letter got sent to "The Club" on riverbend pkwy. The letter is dated March 11, 2010. so i am sure they sent it on thursday or friday. I got back from SB on Sunday, so thats when I checked my mailbox.

gluck, hope you got in!

Members don't see this ad :)
The letter got sent to "The Club" on riverbend pkwy. The letter is dated March 11, 2010. so i am sure they sent it on thursday or friday. I got back from SB on Sunday, so thats when I checked my mailbox.

gluck, hope you got in!

If you do not mind me asking...what are your stats??

I interviewed Jan 14th...and I am waiting for an acceptance letter as well.

well i just emailed UGA today to officially give up my early admission seat. congrats to the lucky person on the wait list who gets it!

well i just emailed UGA today to officially give up my early admission seat. congrats to the lucky person on the wait list who gets it!

congrats on UT! heard that was a GREAT school and Texas is a fun place to live! i like their website too

only 3 more long weeks until the final cut is made!!! good luck to all who are desperately waiting...including myself! UGA 2010 hopeful...:)

only 3 more long weeks until the final cut is made!!! good luck to all who are desperately waiting...including myself! UGA 2010 hopeful...:)

the only way i'm getting in is:
1. they feel sorry for me
2. they made an oopsies
3. i am one of the luckiest person
4. or all the above

the only way i'm getting in is:
1. they feel sorry for me
2. they made an oopsies
3. i am one of the luckiest person
4. or all the above

bahaha i cracked up when i read this seriously!!!

rivulet...gotta have faith man! i am trying to at least....

what were your stats...I have a feeling I will end up getting wait listed or something like that...guess we will know shortly :scared:

Has anyone been brave enough to email Dr. Wolfgang yet?

No- definitely not!! But, the last interviews are this Thursday so maybe we'll hear by late next week. Yikes!!

I had an interview with Dr. Wolfgang today and he said that the latest that you will receive something is the 15th. He said you should receive something before then. So make sure to email him a couple of days before that. (10 days after today or so)

hey guys.. sorry to scare you but i made a 97 on the PCAT and i have a 3.94, i also think i did well during the interview, and they seemed to liek me.. but I got rejected from uga. =[

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys.. sorry to scare you but i made a 97 on the PCAT and i have a 3.94, i also think i did well during the interview, and they seemed to liek me.. but I got rejected from uga. =[

this guy's either making this up to play a dirty trick on people (notice he just joined, and this is his first and only post), or he bombed his interview/had really bad LOR's. i have a 97 PCAT and 3.56 GPA and got accepted, so obviously something's not right there.

pharmfu, if you are for real, remember interviews are subjective. i thought i did well on mine last year at uga and got waitlisted. after emailing dr. wolfgang to see what i needed to improve, i found out my interview actually hadn't gone as well as i thought it did. also, do you have any pharmacy experience and volunteer or extracurricular activities? these can largely factor into play as well. good luck to all those still waiting, and don't let the previous post get you down.

This seriously is not funny even though today is April fools day.
People have spent their whole lives getting ready for such a big moment!! I know I have...it is not even possible that they could have rejected you this early because they haven't even sent out the last batch of acceptance letters...so sad that someone would write this...totally fake

I had an interview with Dr. Wolfgang today and he said that the latest that you will receive something is the 15th. He said you should receive something before then. So make sure to email him a couple of days before that. (10 days after today or so)

I have a question for you...maybe you remember since your interview was very recent. Did Dr. Wolfgang mention to you whether or not we would be notified by email or if acceptance/wait list/reject letters will come via snail mail???
I have a friend that interviewed there also a couple of weeks ago and she is under the impression that UGA is going to send out emails to everyone between the 6th and the 15th...just trying to make sense whether or not that is true or partially true...

I have a question for you...maybe you remember since your interview was very recent. Did Dr. Wolfgang mention to you whether or not we would be notified by email or if acceptance/wait list/reject letters will come via snail mail???
I have a friend that interviewed there also a couple of weeks ago and she is under the impression that UGA is going to send out emails to everyone between the 6th and the 15th...just trying to make sense whether or not that is true or partially true...

I received my early admission offer this year through snail mail in Feb. Last year, I received my waitlisted notice through snail mail as well.

Yes, the results will come to you via snail mail, but you can find out by emailing Dr. Wolfgang and asking. I believe half of the 2013 class emailed Dr. Wolfgang about the results.

And to the poster above who said he got rejected from UGA, they still haven't made their final decision yet, so you can't know if you're "rejected" or not. And even if you're not accepted, you're put on a waitlist, not outright rejected.

I spoke with Renee Dobbs yesterday and she said that the committee is meating next Tuesday and that letters should go out by Friday- she didn't say anything about email. So, I'm thinking that since it's a big deal- it's probably going to be regular mail.

by3timesminus1, how many times did you take the PCAT? and what reason did doctor wolfgang say you didn't do well on ur interview?

by3timesminus1, how many times did you take the PCAT? and what reason did doctor wolfgang say you didn't do well on ur interview?

I took it twice. Jan 2009 - 86 composite but low science subject scores (60-70's), then again in Aug 2009 - 97 composite, Reading Comp. was 88, but everything else was 90-97 percentile that time. Last year, Dr. Wolfgang basically told me that I didn't do a good job of expressing an interest to pursue pharmacy as a career during my interview and that I didn't have as much community service/volunteer work compared to other applicants. I also asked him if I should retake the 2 pre-reqs I had C's in and/or take the PCAT a second time. He said, "...taking the PCAT again would show that you are truly motivated to get into pharmacy school and that you are doing your best to improve your application. I think this would be easier and a better use of your time than retaking classes; plus adding a few points to your PCAT score can have a bigger impact than increasing your GPA by a couple of hundredths of a point."

I'm sorry if you were serious about getting rejected. I thought for sure you were playing an April Fool's joke or something with the credentials you stated. Obviously, something else had to have been pretty bad (either interview, LOR, or extracurricular/volunteer). I would email Dr. Wolfgang in a couple weeks and ask him what you need to improve upon to reapply. He was very helpful to me. I followed his advice exactly and got accepted my second time around at UGA. I hope you don't let it discourage you and try again next year.

By3Times1Minus1, how much volunteer/community service did you have? I think I may be in the same boat as you when I apply next cycle because I've always concentrated more on school and work.

By3Times1Minus1, how much volunteer/community service did you have? I think I may be in the same boat as you when I apply next cycle because I've always concentrated more on school and work.

I was the same way - spending most of my time on school and work. I didn't have much volunteer work the first time around (just disaster relief efforts after hurricanes but nothing on a regular basis), and I made a stupid move on the app by not listing all the clubs I had been involved with during my undergrad b/c they weren't all healthcare related. Right after taking the PCAT again last summer, I started volunteering with 2 nonprofit org's regularly every week. I also listed all the clubs I was a member/officer of the second time around.

"Admissions committee will meet early next week"...(i.e. this week. if they have not already.) <-(my thought in parenthesis) "Admission letters will be in the mail by mid-week barring any unforeseeable difficulties. Those will be followed a few days later by e-mails informing other applicants they have been placed on the alternate list."

This is the information I received on April 1st when I inquired about how the offers of admission for April would be sent...either by mail or e-mail.
Hope it helps to ease the minds of applicants waiting to find out like myself.

Good luck to all who are waiting...we will know in a few more days!! :xf:

it is confirmed. letters are going out tomorrow morning (april 7).

good luck to everyone

it is confirmed. letters are going out tomorrow morning (april 7).

good luck to everyone

Hey! thanks for letting us know but how did you find out that letters are gonna be out tomorrow? Did they tell you if you got in or not?

Last edited:
I am just wondering if anyone knows how rejection will be notified.
Will rejection be notified through e-mail or snail letter as acceptance?

Rejections come in letter form as well...I would know, I was rejected last year. I learned from the pharmacy students that the rejection letter and the acceptance letter are the same size---scary!

Rejections come in letter form as well...I would know, I was rejected last year. I learned from the pharmacy students that the rejection letter and the acceptance letter are the same size---scary!

lol
So that makes you feel more thrill when you see a word "Congratulation!" in the first sentence of the letter, right?

How smart!

Good luck ya'll. I will be marching up to Wolfgang's office today and ask in person. :thumbup: :confused: :thumbdown:

Edit: I asked him at noon and he said they were still deciding and it will be "a couple of days." I don't really know what a couple of days means but whatevs.

Last edited:
hey guys! I think they actually sent out the letters yesterday, cause I just got mine!! ACCEPTED!!!:love:
I totally didn't expect to read "congradulations" when I opened the letter, since it was a really thin, regular sized envelop.....

hey guys! I think they actually sent out the letters yesterday, cause I just got mine!! ACCEPTED!!!:love:
I totally didn't expect to read "congradulations" when I opened the letter, since it was a really thin, regular sized envelop.....

Congratulation!
Would you please tell me where you are living if you don't mind?

maybe dr. wolfgang said that so he wouldn't be bombarded? congratulations!

Hey! thanks for letting us know but how did you find out that letters are gonna be out tomorrow? Did they tell you if you got in or not?

I know some pharmacy students who dropped by the admissions office. Susan Herda mailed out the letters early this morning.

I'm not exactly sure how the mail system works, but I would be surprised if you got a letter today. I'm not sure though.

If you live in the area you will most likely get them tomorrow or Friday.

My friend got acceptance letter today and she is living near atlanta area.

I hope people who are waiting for letter will get it today~

Do you think they send out acceptance and waiting list letters at the same time? :scared: Why would I not get anything today if I live in Athens... :scared:

I haven't got any letter or email either. I wonder how many people got some sort of letter today.. still waiting!!

I got letter today!! I got in :D
I am so happy!!!! Good Luck everyone...letters are out!!

got my letter earlier today! :)

so apparently they were sent out on the 6th, not the 7th. good luck to all who are still waiting! you will know very soon.

Anyone without a letter wanna email Dr. Wolfgang and see?

got my letter earlier today! :)

so apparently they were sent out on the 6th, not the 7th. good luck to all who are still waiting! you will know very soon.

I live near Chattanooga, and I have no letter. Sadness. :xf:

Letter came yesterday in the mail...went out to celebrate with my husband and friends so I forgot to post until this morning!!!

YEA!!! UGA CO 2014 so excited can't wait!! For a first time applicant this was really good news...I got into the other schools I applied to but really wanted UGA bad...so I held out and PRAYED PRAYED PRAYED!!!! :love: it totally was worth the wait <3

Congrats to all and can't wait to see you guys there!!

~GO DAWGS~

I am so thankful for my acceptance. honestly, none of my stats were up to par with their averages and that's as much as i'll say on that. i believe i showed them during the interview how hard, long, and determined I was to become a pharmacist. Thankfully, it showed.
UGA is definitely the #1 school!