1. D

    Do I still have a chance at this point?

    Hi everybody! I applied to 8 schools already about a month ago and didn't get any interviews yet. I'm considering adding one more school because I'm worried. Which one of the following should I add: Louisville, Tufts, Oklahoma, NOVA I'm out of state for all three, 19 AA 20 TS. 3.98 GPA.. and...
  2. S

    Pushing MCAT date to later - advice?

    Hi all, I'm an undergraduate pre-med student. I'm considering pushing my MCAT date to July 20 (scores release August 20). I will have my AMCAS application completed (except MCAT score) by early June and will submit it for the verification process since it takes 6-8 weeks. I will choose one...
  3. D

    Chances, with Postponing MCAT to August?

    I'm currently taking the MCAT on July 21st and debating whether or not to postpone ~2 weeks, to August 3rd. I'm applying this cycle and plan to submit my app within the next week. My cGPA is a 3.63, sGPA is a 3.67. Lots of ECs, including 4.5 years of research (1 3rd author publication), leading...
  4. nembry

    THOUGHTS? starting now and taking MCAT in August

    I've realized I really don't want to do a gap year. I will graduate May 2019 from UT Austin and my original plan is/was to take the MCAT that same May, apply in June then hopefully matriculate Fall 2020. I have taken every pre-med prereq except for Biochem and Physics 2 (i understand how...
  5. broken down muffler

    August/September AMCAS Verification

    Hey All, what are my chances?
  6. D


  7. colormecolorful

    So When Should I be Getting Interview Invites?

    So here's the deal. I applied to 15 schools and completed secondaries for 9 of them by the end of August. Now it's October 1 and I've only gotten one interview. When should I be freaking out? Some people say end of October, others say to stick it out until April. What's everyone's opinion?
  8. A

    Just got my MCAT scores

    So, my father was very ill throughout my senior year so I was unable to take my MCAT until August 4. He passed away in July and I took the MCAT one week after because I had no other option. I just received my score and am devastated because I did so bad. I have a 3.8 GPA and a 3.89 science GPA...
  9. D

    Is there any benefit to taking the MCAT in certain months ?

    I am taking a gap year after finishing undergrad and am not applying to med school until the 2018 cycle, but I will be ready to take the MCAT this August. Is there any benefit in not taking it is August and waiting to take it until it is not prime test taking months (April-August?).
  10. S

    MCAT Content Review Need Advice!!

    Hey, so I'm writing my exam on August 5th, and I'm using Examkrackers 9th edition as my main source for content review. I have looked through the schedules of others and sort of formulated my own (started studying 2nd week of May). I've so far managed to fall behind in my study schedule. I feel...
  11. okiedokeartichoke

    Is an August DAT test date considered late?

    Sorry to be neurotic. It's that time of year, again. This question may be more appropriate for the DAT sub-forum, but I figured I'd cast a wider net of responses in this busier pool. I've been searching meticulously through past threads for reassurance that it's okay, and the majority of...
  12. H

    Wanted Sublet Needed NY Manhattan Aug-Oct 2016

    Hi, I'm a 3rd year physical therapy student in need of a room for August- October 2016. I will be doing an internship at NY Presbyterian Hospital (Weill Cornell). Please let me know if you have a place nearby. Thanks! Haley
  13. W

    Retaking 516 MCAT in August

    Hey all, I'm a Canadian undergrad in biochemistry planning on applying to American MD schools as a backup and I was looking for a bit of advice. My cGPA is 3.82 with an sGPA of 3.8. My MCAT is 131/127/130/128 (PS/CARS/BS/PSYCH) I signed up for an MCAT rewrite this August in order to maximize...