So, my father was very ill throughout my senior year so I was unable to take my MCAT until August 4. He passed away in July and I took the MCAT one week after because I had no other option. I just received my score and am devastated because I did so bad. I have a 3.8 GPA and a 3.89 science GPA. I got a 501 on the MCAT...but I know I'm capable of so much better but now there are no more test dates for this cycle. Should I apply to the medical schools that I want to go to, apply to D.O. school, or wait until next year? Will schools understand or even consider the fact that I had to take my test under the worst circumstances possible?