doctor712

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2008
Status
I stumbled upon this article today somewhere between leftover turkey, watching my hockey team break a 14 game streak, playing a little basketball, working in the hospital this am and discovering the wonderful joy that is pulp-ridden ALOE VERA JUICE (made by Alo and sold at whole foods - amazing drink!)

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/11/26/secret-agent-crippled-irans-nuclear-ambitions/

If this is true, and it doesn't seem that far fetched, what an accomplishment in the realm of computer-driven war games...

Cool stuff. I wonder if the CIA hires anesthesiologists!!!!???? :cool:

dr doze

To be able to forget means to sanity
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
I stumbled upon this article today somewhere between leftover turkey, watching my hockey team break a 14 game streak, playing a little basketball, working in the hospital this am and discovering the wonderful joy that is pulp-ridden ALOE VERA JUICE (made by Alo and sold at whole foods - amazing drink!)

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/11/26/secret-agent-crippled-irans-nuclear-ambitions/

If this is true, and it doesn't seem that far fetched, what an accomplishment in the realm of computer-driven war games...

Cool stuff. I wonder if the CIA hires anesthesiologists!!!!???? :cool:
Less risky than bombing them.

WholeLottaGame7

10+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2005
Right here.
Status
Attending Physician
This is the face of warfare in the 21st century. I think pretty much everyone and their mother knew after seeing the headline who was responsible for it, but it sounds like they did such a pretty thorough job to cover their tracks. I think it's pretty brilliant. Go us/U.S.

pgg

Laugh at me, will they?
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2005
Home Again
Status
Attending Physician
I've just got to wonder WTF the Iranians were thinking running Windows :rolleyes: on that stuff in the first place.

OP
doctor712

doctor712

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2008
Status
PGG,

Funny stuff! Were you up early on photoshop or powerpoint this morning? :)

D712

dr doze

To be able to forget means to sanity
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2006
Status
Attending Physician

pgg

Laugh at me, will they?
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2005
Home Again
Status
Attending Physician
Were you up early on photoshop or powerpoint this morning? :)
Just up watching water boil, er, I mean watching an epidural run ...

dr doze said:
Simply relying on the fact that the sites were not internet accessible. The same trick has been used by the chinese and russians against us, also with a USB stick.
The US military does the same thing with 'air gaps' keeping secure networks off the internet. Which is one good layer of defense.

A couple years ago they went full ****** with the unclassified network (which I'm using right now) and banned all USB storage devices - but obviously I'm still connected to the WWW, and homemade data CDs & DVDs are OK. IT policy in our military is an extraordinary circus that could best be described as missing the forest for the trees.

I'm simply surprised that either they or we still have critical stuff running anything but some flavor of unix. I don't even trust the file server in my garage to Microsoft, and all I'm protecting is a DVD collection.

Monty Python

10+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2005
Nowhere particular
Just up watching water boil, er, I mean watching an epidural run ...

The US military does the same thing with 'air gaps' keeping secure networks off the internet. Which is one good layer of defense.

A couple years ago they went full ****** with the unclassified network (which I'm using right now) and banned all USB storage devices - but obviously I'm still connected to the WWW, and homemade data CDs & DVDs are OK. IT policy in our military is an extraordinary circus that could best be described as missing the forest for the trees.

I'm simply surprised that either they or we still have critical stuff running anything but some flavor of unix. I don't even trust the file server in my garage to Microsoft, and all I'm protecting is a DVD collection.

But, all is well and secure if you've done your annual training in IA, TIP, AT/FP, NKO GMTs, etc etc. :rolleyes: