2005 - What did you receive today?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i sent all my stuff certified mail

Members don't see this ad.

I received my AZ secondary via email. :thumbup:

Interview invite to the University of Louisville!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Here is where I stand so far:

AADSAS May 17/04.

University of Health Science's A.T. Stills, AZ: Invited for an Interview, went to interview 8/25/04
I was told 3500 people applied last year, 350 were interviewed, 54 chosen.

University of Pennsylvania: Invited for an Interview, went to interview 9/24/04
1500 applied, 300 interviewed, 116 chosen.

University of Las Vegas: Invited for an Interview, interview scheduled 11/11/04

University of Southern California: Invited for an Interview, interview scheduled 10/29/04

3 Dental school's in Texas (Houston, Dallas, San Antonio): Haven't heard anything accept send us your secondary application FEE. Fee sent in Aug/04.

O.H.S.U: Haven't heard anything accept send us your secondary application FEE. Fee sent 09/04.

University of Washington: Haven't heard anything accept send us your secondary application FEE. Fee sent 9/04.

Creighton: (NE) Haven't heard anything accept send us your secondary application FEE. But they don't interview anyone, they pick strictly based on application. Fee sent in July/04.

University of Colorado: Haven't heard anything. (No request for secondary fees.)

University of Pacific (CA): Haven't heard anything accept send us your secondary application FEE. Fee sent in July/04.

UCLA: (CA) Haven't heard anything accept send us your secondary application FEE. Fee sent 08/04.

:luck:

Information packet for interview with UNC on Oct 23rd. Tells where to meet, directions, hotels, restaurants etc....

Interview invite for UMDNJ...

hi everyone,
I have an interview comming up in 2 weeks for USC. Could anyone who has attended their interviews previously give me some tips on how I can do well on PBL.
Any tips on how I can prepare for the interview is really appreciated.

Dentist 2 be said:
What is PBL?

Problem Based Learning... a teaching approach some dental school use.

Interview packet for U of Michigan.

Received my "corrected" AADSAS application, even though I got couple of interviews already, some schools (like OSU) are strict about having an "all" correct information on the application.

The journey continues... :D

10/1/04 I received a interview invite from Louisville via email. yahoo!

Members don't see this ad :)
10/1- received interview invitation letter from NYU. :thumbup:

October 1 - waitlisted by SIU... again...

superman said:
10/1- received interview invitation letter from NYU. :thumbup:

Congrats! do you mind sharing your stats with us. I also applied to NYU. I'm going to send out the "secondary", I mean check, today.

I received secondaries from UCSF and Creighton. :thumbup:

Nismoboy said:
Congrats! do you mind sharing your stats with us. I also applied to NYU. I'm going to send out the "secondary", I mean check, today.

Thanks nismo. my gpa is 3.38 and DAT scores are, AA: 22, TS:21, PAT: 19. what are your stats? good luck and i hope you get an interview at nyu, too. :thumbup:

fruity_trident said:
hey.
i ddin't really receive anything per se, but infosource updated my stuff today (oct 1). so it has listed the schools i applied to, and that they've got my transcript.

i sent my AADSAS on sept 3

I don't think that means that AADSAS has sent out your app and the schools have received them (I sent my app ~13 of August, and AADSAS still hasn't sent out my app.). I think what it shows is that the schools themselves are updating the system on those dates.

This is the impression I got, but if anyone could clarify, that would be great.

AADSAS will put the day they actually send your applicatin in infosource. Once it's sent, they will put the date the app. was sent as well as the transcripts and LOR. I sent in July and my stuff didn't get sent until mid September. I'm guessing if you submitted in August, give them until mid October.

i received..........nothing today :mad: isn't waiting torture?

Biogirl361 said:
i received..........nothing today :mad: isn't waiting torture?

i received..... nothing for the last two days. waiting is torture, indeed. ;)

Loma Linda interview invitation (dated Sept 24)

NYU telling me that my application is being reviewed

I received a secondary from Loma Linda in the mail. :thumbup:

Received a packet from USC. FYI for those having trouble getting USC's pressing email, USC called me last week and said that they were having trouble sending their message to those with Hotmail accounts. After they couldn't send it to my other addresses I had it sent to my father who told me that the original message was 14 mb in size (and that is why is wasn't getting past Hotmail's tiny size restriction). If you are having trouble getting thier message, etc., call them. The packet doesn't contain anything requiring your immediate attention - just two forms that you need to fill out and bring with you to your interview - and you just call and schedule your appointment.

Interview invite to VCU! :D I'm excited!!

UMKC wants 35 bones...and UF doesn't want me anymore.

uhhhhhhhhhhh....absolutely nothing!!!!! :scared:

:(

nothing. Still hoping though! :oops:

yea, looks like UofM sent out there stuff yesterday. It almost gave me a panic attack- The two dates they offered were already booked for my other interviews, except UofM's are on a Friday and I have one in Philly the day before !

Biogirl361 said:
Michigan!! :love:

Congrats!!! :) and good luck at the interview :thumbup:

I received secondaries from UCLA and Colorado!!
Also, interview invitation to Colorado!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I received a letter from UofPen today, confirming that they received everything from me and that Iwill be notified in the future if they offer me an interview. I didn't get an outright invite for an interview :( oh well, at least I wasn't outright rejected......

Favabean, no worries.

I got the same letter in the beginning of september and i havent heard jack shiiznit from them since.

Good luck!

same letter here.... early august.

calbear14 said:
I received secondaries from UCLA and Colorado!!
Also, interview invitation to Colorado!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Congradulations! I still haven't even gotten secondaries from CO. Do you live there?

I got a secondary from Colorado a while back, but I don't qualify for WICHE by about a month and I'm not going to waste the money to apply there for the small number of out-of-staters that they accept.

I just got an interview invite from Arizona. They called and left a message. It was a little over 3 weeks since I sent in my secondary.

Adding CO. :)

CHEERS! And again, best of luck to all. :D

I just got the call on Friday for an interview at ASDOH!

ASU-devil said:
I just got the call on Friday for an interview at ASDOH!

^OO^. Yah! Good luck! and Good job. :)

rejection letter from Michigan, which I kinda expected

hey sloopy, have you gotten interviews anywhere else? sorry bout umich.

NYU interview invitation

I've watched for months as you over achievers have posted your feedback from schools. I've been envious of your secondary applications, and your interview invites. I didn't submit AADSAS until 8/16 so I just started hearing from schools this week.

UMKC-got letter saying I could interview as soon as I finish secondary
Arizona-got e-mail inviting me to fill out secondary application

Not much compared to many of you, but I'm posting this so people that applied late don't completely lose hope. :D

msf41 said:
Not much compared to many of you, but I'm posting this so people that applied late don't completely lose hope. :D
I felt the same way. I still have 2 more secondaries to complete. Gotta log off and get back to work. :luck:

msf41 said:
I've watched for months as you over achievers have posted your feedback from schools. I've been envious of your secondary applications, and your interview invites. I didn't submit AADSAS until 8/16 so I just started hearing from schools this week.

UMKC-got letter saying I could interview as soon as I finish secondary
Arizona-got e-mail inviting me to fill out secondary application

as this is my 1st yr applying, i had NO idea what applying EARLY meant...in terms of applying to US dental schools! i thought i was on the ball but having the application done by the end of summer..but i was SOOO wrong.
i mean...deadlines range from nov 1 (rare) all the way to march...shouldn't applying late ACTUALLY be like applying in FEB? :eek:

oh well, now i know...if there is a next time..then i'll be submitting ONCE AADSAS opens up for applications in may 2005 lol.

fruity_trident said:
as this is my 1st yr applying, i had NO idea what applying EARLY meant...in terms of applying to US dental schools! i thought i was on the ball but having the application done by the end of summer..but i was SOOO wrong.
i mean...deadlines range from nov 1 (rare) all the way to march...shouldn't applying late ACTUALLY be like applying in FEB? :eek:

oh well, now i know...if there is a next time..then i'll be submitting ONCE AADSAS opens up for applications in may 2005 lol.

Yeah, the pre-dent advisor at my school led me down the wrong path about the application process. I even had friends tell me to apply early, but no one ever told me that 50% of all the applicants would have thier AADSAS submitted by july. Live and learn. Nothing I can do now, just have to hope for the best. :thumbup: