2008-2009 UMass Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think those of us on the waitlist prob wont hear much for a while; from what the admissions office told me, they said the waitlist isn't ranked, so when a spot opens up, the adcom meets and decides from the pool of waitlisters.

That means that people who are waiting til tonight at midnight to decide yes or no on UMass, and are also waiting to get off other waitlists, there wont be any spots at UMass til after this Friday, and possibley later, depending on when other schools start accepting from their own waitlists.

Then once that happens, the adcom needs to meet.

Ahhhh more waiting!

your reasoning seems logical but i hope you're wrong and this list moves soon. the wait is draining my sanity. :bang: march 15th is feeling pretty anticlimactic.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I just withdrew my acceptance from UMass. It was a really hard decision, hence why I waited until the very last second to do it. The school and its students are great. UMass was the first school to accept me and I'll always be fond of the institution for the stress relief that brought me for the rest of this application cycle. For personal reasons, the location was the deal breaker for me.

I hope one of the WL-ers on this thread get that spot!

:luck: Good luck! :luck:

thanks, linguini and good luck on your future endeavors!!!!! where have you decided to go?

Members don't see this ad :)
linguini, best of luck in Chicago!! I am confident you will love it :)

Linguini -

Where are you going in Chicago? I LOVE Chicago! I went to the U of C for undergrad...

Fierce! I have always wanted to be described like that...can't wait to meet you all too!
I know exactly what you mean. Once, someone wrote "bitch" next to my name at work....I was kinda hurt for the first 30 sec, then I was like, this is awesome, heck ya, I am a f------ bitch!

But don't worry - I am really not at all!

Any idea if the ad com is meeting today? I am debating whether I should call.
Hopeful that this second half of May will bring us good news.
Best of luck to all!

Any idea if the ad com is meeting today? I am debating whether I should call.
Hopeful that this second half of May will bring us good news.
Best of luck to all!

CALL! CALL! CALL! you don't have to give them your name; just say "i'm a current applicant on the waitlist" or something like that.

Hahaha I will try, I feel that I have called soooo many times that the person who answers the phone might recognize me and get annoyed

I am going to Northwestern! Feels weird to actually say that for sure now. I'm very excited about the school and about Chicago :D

...of course if Penn makes my dreams come true in the next few weeks and lets me off of their waitlist, then that's where I'll be.

Linguini, Penn is AWESOME. I did my graduate work at the medical school and I loved it there! (and would have applied there if I'd thought I had a snowball's chance in hell of getting in) I thought Philly was a great place to live, too. Good luck getting off the wait-list! (and if you don't, I'm sure Northwestern will be fantastic too!)

For all you wait-listers, best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet there will be a lot of movement in the next week. I'm thinking happy thoughts for you!

Linguini, Penn is AWESOME. I did my graduate work at the medical school and I loved it there! (and would have applied there if I'd thought I had a snowball's chance in hell of getting in) I thought Philly was a great place to live, too. Good luck getting off the wait-list! (and if you don't, I'm sure Northwestern will be fantastic too!)

For all you wait-listers, best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet there will be a lot of movement in the next week. I'm thinking happy thoughts for you!

I've never heard that expression before! And I really like it. I'll have to add it to my everyday conversations.

Well, that was my useless addition to this conversation. Happy Friday everyone!!

Thanks virusgirl! Yeah, I'm crossing my fingers for Penn but if it doesn't happen then I'll be happy as a clam at NU.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks virusgirl! Yeah, I'm crossing my fingers for Penn but if it doesn't happen then I'll be happy as a clam at NU.

Congrats! I went to NU undergrad and worked at the med school all four years. Really beautiful hospital/research facilities and really nice professors, but freakishly cold winters (~3X worse than MA).......so bring hand warmers! Summertime in Chicago, though is amazing.:)

hi umass_md, sorry i did not get to call, i was working until late yesterday and did not get a chance

hi umass_md, sorry i did not get to call, i was working until late yesterday and did not get a chance

haha, that's ok. it's impossible to get anything out of them anyway. have a great weekend!!! i have a good feeling about next week.:xf:

so, i'm assuming nobody has heard anything????

just checked my status page..........i'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:love::love::love:

omggggggggggg CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That is sooooo amazing! Go celebrate :)

just checked my status page..........i'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:love::love::love:

OMG Congrats!! That's fantastic!!!!!!! See you in a couple weeks!!!!!!

(Join our UMMS 2013 Facebook group :D)

i just got in too!!! no e-mail yet just change on the status page!

I'm in too!! No email yet just status page saying I was granted admission! Good luck to everyone else!

CONGRATS EVERYONE!! What a happy day :D

Even for people who haven't received good news yet, I think this is a great sign that there may be many more acceptances to come.

Congrats everyone! Hopefully they're doing the same thing that they did with waitlisting people and just pulling people off in small random groups :D

I came to this thread to gather up a list of accepted-off-the-WL ppl for the ***Official 2009 Waitlist Movement Thread***

Here's what I posted: University of Massachusetts: jka(WL:4/13, A:4/30), hoyastudents09 (WL:4/13, A:4/30), Mchitty (WL:4/21, A:5/6), umass_md (WL?, A:5/19), lestrazz (WL:?, A:5/19), kpm986 (WL:?, A:5/19)

I updated it as much as I could, but if anybody else gets in off the waitlsit can you please add yourself to the thread? I can't keep up wtih all 100 school-specific threads.

Where do you to go check your status online??
I just called the admissions people and they said there is no way to know if you're in or not unless they send you an email.

Something doesn't sound right....

Where do you to go check your status online??
I just called the admissions people and they said there is no way to know if you're in or not unless they send you an email.

Something doesn't sound right....

If you log in to the same link that you used when you were filling out your application there is a link on the left side "Accept/Decline Admission". If you click through and it tells you go away unless you've been directed there, then no decision. But if you've been accepted it'll say congrats etc.

The main link is: https://apps-wsa.umassadmin.net/servlets/iclientservlet/wsa-prod/?cmd=login - go there, click on Admissions, then look on the left side.

Good luck. :)

CONGRATS you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!

Thank you! I got the acceptance e-mail around 4pm yesterday!

Does anyone know how long people have to accept or decline the wait list acceptance right now? Is it 1week? Also, it seems like everyone has fled from this thread. Hope that all of us that are still waiting are doing well and not cowering under their bed.

Last edited:
so for the may 15 deadline spots that opened up, do we think they filled them all with waitlist people in one batch yesterday? or is likely going to be a few people at a time over the next week?

I am hoping that there are more spots available, although I guess that would be a very good question to ask the admissions office. They have not been too helpful when I have called, but if anyone wants to try, we would all be very thankful!

I am hoping that there are more spots available, although I guess that would be a very good question to ask the admissions office. They have not been too helpful when I have called, but if anyone wants to try, we would all be very thankful!

I'd be willing to call tomorrow. I have a few other questions for them as well so I might as well ask as much as I can. Anyone else have anything they'd like to know?:)

MadMnkey, that would be great! :)
I guess it would be worth asking too, until which date should we be hopeful with regards to the waitlist. Is mid-June or early July still safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.