2008-2009 WashU Secondary Application Thread - Pt 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you check your status page every day or two and tell us if/when its updated?

Oh, and to whoever asked about WashU calling, thats only if your personal interviewer decides to call you.

Sure, I'll keep an eye on it. I just checked it and it still hasn't changed.

Members don't see this ad.

I got an email this afternoon from Dr. Dodson telling me that I've been accepted. :) My status on the application site has not changed though. I think they emailed me early to make sure I had time to apply for the Olin Fellowship for women.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email this afternoon from Dr. Dodson telling me that I've been accepted. :) My status on the application site has not changed though. I think they emailed me early to make sure I had time to apply for the Olin Fellowship for women.
Blatant sexism this is. The men want to know now too! ;)

(Though it is understandable why they're doing it.... *sigh*)

Accepted! No status change so I called and they gave me the good news.

Does anyone know approximately how many people have been accepted so far? How many people have been interviewed so far?

I have an interview next week.

Is everyone (all the accepted females) eligible to apply for the Olin scholarship, or do they only invite a few to apply? It's probably a long shot, but I'm hoping that the fact that I didn't get an email won't necessarily mean that I was passed over...

Is everyone (all the accepted females) eligible to apply for the Olin scholarship, or do they only invite a few to apply? It's probably a long shot, but I'm hoping that the fact that I didn't get an email won't necessarily mean that I was passed over...

I think that everyone is eligible. They mentioned at my interview that they rush to accept girls before the deadline so that they get a chance to apply.

Members don't see this ad :)
those of you who got accepted yesterday, has your status page changed yet?

i just recieved my acceptance letter 2day...it was shipped 1/23 fedex...no email or status change...money

i just recieved my acceptance letter 2day...it was shipped 1/23 fedex...no email or status change...money

Congrats! Was it a package or just a letter? My mail room was closed today. Also, when did you interview? What state are you in?

Congrats! Was it a package or just a letter? My mail room was closed today. Also, when did you interview? What state are you in?
correction: apparently dr. dodson did call me. but i missed it so he left me a voice mail, which i just checked.

thanx. its a fed ex package. i interviewed mid nov.

It looks like most people that got acceptances yesterday & today had interviews in october/november. I wonder if they got to the december interviewees yet.

hey guys, if anyone had Dr. Dodson as their WashU interviewer, could they please PM me the type of questions he asked / how it went? thanks so much

hey guys, for ppl who were wondering about approx turnaround time- I interviewed in mid-december and found out on thursday only after i received one of those olin fellowship emails (which I def remember them saying at hte interview was something everyone had the opportunity to apply for, it's not even exclusive to the school of medicine). My status page changed the next day (fri). I also remember hearing during the interview that you could hear back as early as 4 weeks, but it could take much longer (yea it was kinda ambiguous), i hope this helps! :)

hey guys, for ppl who were wondering about approx turnaround time- I interviewed in mid-december and found out on thursday only after i received one of those olin fellowship emails (which I def remember them saying at hte interview was something everyone had the opportunity to apply for, it's not even exclusive to the school of medicine). My status page changed the next day (fri). I also remember hearing during the interview that you could hear back as early as 4 weeks, but it could take much longer (yea it was kinda ambiguous), i hope this helps! :)
I interviewed in mid/late october and no news yet.

My friend got an extended deadline.
Secondary turned in late December.
Interview invite 1/5.
Interview 1/16.
Accepted 1/24.

Talk about a fast turnaround!

I wonder what that means for the girls that didn't get accepted this time around... :( I interviewed in early October and still haven't heard anything. Should I be expecting a waitlist/rejection at this point? :scared:

correction: apparently dr. dodson did call me. but i missed it so he left me a voice mail, which i just checked.

thanx. its a fed ex package. i interviewed mid nov.
Has anyone else received a fed ex package? What was in it that would require a fed ex?

Has anyone else received a fed ex package? What was in it that would require a fed ex?

yeah, what was in the fed-ex package for those who were lucky enough to receive one! I want to know!

my campus mail is being really annoying so I can't access the fedex envelope until this afternoon, but I got an email about an "intent to matriculate" form which basically holds your spot in the class (in addition to the deposit), so i'm assuming that form is time-sensitive.

yeah, what was in the fed-ex package for those who were lucky enough to receive one! I want to know!

A large acceptance letter package. It also requires a $100 deposit in two weeks. WTF? :confused:

Called WashU. Said that if you're expecting/hoping for an acceptance package, some addresses are not deliverable on a Saturday and got USPS packages instead of FedEx packages, and those people should be receiving their packages today.

I called the admissions office today and they said they can't give out any specific information, just that the committee will be meeting every few weeks now, and we should all know before April 15.

interviewed mid nov and no package. I consider myself on a silent hold

interviewed mid nov and no package. I consider myself on a silent hold

Don't lose hope yet! Or that means I'll have to too. =( Female and interviewed late-mid November and no news yet, but I'm going to give it one or two more rounds before I start to worry. Also, when I interviewed, it seems like a lot of people get in off the waitlist, so there's always more hope!

Don't lose hope yet! Or that means I'll have to too. =( Female and interviewed late-mid November and no news yet, but I'm going to give it one or two more rounds before I start to worry. Also, when I interviewed, it seems like a lot of people get in off the waitlist, so there's always more hope!

Which is great and all, but with a waitlist of 400-600 people, it doesn't mean much.:laugh::luck:

I figure that if they've decided to waitlist/reject us, there's no reason not to just tell us. It seems like they've just been reviewing everyone that's interviewed at each meeting and taking the top x number of applicants... oh well, here's to hoping we've all still got a chance.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer with all this good news today but I just go a rejection letter in the mail. I was never offered an interview, I was complete in July.

washu is weirding me out... my app is strong on scores and weaker on ECs. and i thought that was the washu stereotype. and i had (what i thought to be) my best interview by far there and haven't heard anything.

interview late oct.

weak

washu is weirding me out... my app is strong on scores and weaker on ECs. and i thought that was the washu stereotype. and i had (what i thought to be) my best interview by far there and haven't heard anything.

interview late oct.

weak

Don't stereotype schools I guess.

interview late oct.

weak

same deal for me. interviewed early october. Gloryfield is right...

same deal for me. interviewed early october. Gloryfield is right...

Having interviewed both this year and last year, I can tell you that their interview is designed so that your interviewer is someone you share a lot in common with. Thus, if you don't get along fantastically, you've done something horribly wrong. They also have one of the largest waitlists, and they don't really start the waitlist spree until mid-February or so.

And I still really, really want in.:laugh:

Eh. I have to disagree. I had two interviews that day and one was an older doctor who asked me if Mayo Clinic (where my parents work) is an HMO, and the other person who interviewed me asked me to justify my last name since it "didn't sound very [the ethnicity that I am]" and she was "going to have to explain that to the admissions committee". If what you say is the case, then I guess I'm not like people at Wash U and probably it wouldn't be a good fit for me anyhow. I was not too impressed with their interviewers and don't really care that I haven't heard back from them yet.

Wow, that sounds terrible. I was also asked about my ethnicity but not at all in such an offensive way.:eek:

Which is great and all, but with a waitlist of 400-600 people, it doesn't mean much.:laugh::luck:

Yeah, but how many of those people hang on to the waitlist? And anyway, you can say similar things about every step of this process. We all know how tough it really is, but we're still trying. I usually find these boards so depressing so I figure it doesn't hurt to try to post something optimistic for once. I'm not gonna change anyone's actual outcome but maybe I can take a teeny tiny edge off the stress. :p

So let's once again start the speculation game! When is the next admissions committee meeting? Could it be this Thursday, Jan. 29th?

Does anyone have insider information?! Help us out!

I thought they reviewed monthly? (all speculation though...) So the next one would be in February.

Yeah, but how many of those people hang on to the waitlist? And anyway, you can say similar things about every step of this process. We all know how tough it really is, but we're still trying. I usually find these boards so depressing so I figure it doesn't hurt to try to post something optimistic for once. I'm not gonna change anyone's actual outcome but maybe I can take a teeny tiny edge off the stress. :p

Well, think of it this way: if you get in, knowing the odds might make it that much better!:laugh::thumbup:

I thought they reviewed monthly? (all speculation though...) So the next one would be in February.

Seems like they accepted very few people in this most recent round, and they were mostly females. Let's hope it's sooner than mid/late February. I'm going to hope it's next week for people who aren't up for the Olin scholarship.

Status
Not open for further replies.