2008-2009 WashU Secondary Application Thread - Pt 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like they accepted very few people in this most recent round, and they were mostly females. Let's hope it's sooner than mid/late February. I'm going to hope it's next week for people who aren't up for the Olin scholarship.

Well there were males accepted. And SDN is a very small portion of the sample. 1000 interviewees and maybe 50 of us on SDN actually post

I want it just as much as you do, but I don't think the next round will come till mid feb.

Members don't see this ad.

No news recently? No acceptances, rejections, or waitlists?

ANY NEWS?!

When is/was the Olin deadline?
I interviewed late (1/23) but I'm really hoping to hear before April :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew from my spot. Best of luck to you all!

Has there really been no movement recently? I thought WashU was rolling!!!! AHHHHHH! LOL

My friend (interviewed in Nov) sent an update email this week to the admissions office. Surprisingly, yet sadly, they responded quickly via email by saying he had been dropped/rejected. :(

So for those of you wondering and perhaps wanting a quick answer, there's your route (although I bet they will not appreciate a sudden flood of update letters! haha). I, for one, will wait it out.

FYI I do not know the email he sent it to.

My friend (interviewed in Nov) sent an update email this week to the admissions office. Surprisingly, yet sadly, they responded quickly via email by saying he had been dropped/rejected. :(

So for those of you wondering and perhaps wanting a quick answer, there's your route (although I bet they will not appreciate a sudden flood of update letters! haha). I, for one, will wait it out.

FYI I do not know the email he sent it to.

hmm i just called them. they said i'm still "under review" and that they don't know when the adcom will meet again to discuss the next round of interviewed applicants. blahh.

I interviewed in mid-october and still haven't heard a thing...

I interviewed early December, so I don't know if I'm going to even be coming up soon...

However, I'm curious if anyone knows when they might be meeting next? Maybe this next week sometime?

I certainly don't expect to hear good news, but who wants to take bets that some more decisions come out by the end of this week? It stands to reason, of course, that it will be this week or next (based on previous months). I'm betting it will be this week.

I'm sorry to scare anybody who got anxious when they saw activity in this thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
Doctorobvious, you should definitely call or write asking about your status. From the posts, it seems as though almost everyone in mid-november interviews have heard back! If you don't want to appear too pushy, maybe just e-mail them an update (if you have anything new to tell them)?
good luck!

Doctorobvious, you should definitely call or write asking about your status. From the posts, it seems as though almost everyone in mid-november interviews have heard back! If you don't want to appear too pushy, maybe just e-mail them an update (if you have anything new to tell them)?
good luck!

I don't think that's necessarily true... some superstars heard back already but many normal applicants (e.g. me) haven't heard back. I interviewed 10/9.

what are you talking about?!? You're a superstar too (look at your stats)!

Also, I'm totally going back and forth between the Pitt thread and this thread, so the mid-november thing is for Pitt, I'm actually not too sure which interviewees have heard back from WashU
in any case, an update e-mail would probably not hurt... from you and doctorobvious

what are you talking about?!? You're a superstar too (look at your stats)!

Also, I'm totally going back and forth between the Pitt thread and this thread, so the mid-november thing is for Pitt, I'm actually not too sure which interviewees have heard back from WashU
in any case, an update e-mail would probably not hurt... from you and doctorobvious

Haha hardly; check out the mdapps of those accepted at WashU right now :eek:

My PS and BS sections are probably too low, not to mention that I didn't cure some disease, get a Nature publication, or start a not-for-profit organization...

My only hope is that many of the superstars (holding many acceptances to great schools) elect to go elsewhere (toward the coasts?) and give people with no acceptances a chance to get in off the WL at WashU eventually. That's assuming I don't get rejected outright.

My only hope is that many of the superstars (holding many acceptances to great schools) elect to go elsewhere (toward the coasts?) and give people with no acceptances a chance to get in off the WL at WashU eventually. That's assuming I don't get rejected outright.

=) yeah, same

My PS and BS sections are probably too low, not to mention that I didn't cure some disease, get a Nature publication, or start a not-for-profit organization...

Haha, you're crazy! Your stats are amazing, and I'm sure WashU will notify you soon. I will probably be withdrawing unless I get a scholarship....

Haha, you're crazy! Your stats are amazing, and I'm sure WashU will notify you soon. I will probably be withdrawing unless I get a scholarship....

The dilemma is... do I hope for you to get the scholarship or not? :p

haha

Best of luck

Haha hardly; check out the mdapps of those accepted at WashU right now :eek:

The real issue is that you don't have any Nobel prizes yet.:thumbdown:

...but I don't either, so let's both hope they loved us!:laugh::luck:

The real issue is that you don't have any Nobel prizes yet.:thumbdown:

...but I don't either, so let's both hope they loved us!:laugh::luck:

yeah for sure :)

and how did you change your handle to Myuu? I thought we couldn't change our handles. I want to change mine.

yeah for sure :)

and how did you change your handle to Myuu? I thought we couldn't change our handles. I want to change mine.

I'm not sure what qualifies you for that ability, but I had to PM memberservice to change it. I think I remember seeing that as one of the perks of donating, but I don't remember all that well.

yup you have to be at least a bronze donor

Well, I had my interview on Tuesday (the last interview of the season was yesterday), and it would appear that the committee met, because I just received a phone call to let me know that I had been accepted! I just thought others might want to know.

Peace!

Well, I had my interview on Tuesday (the last interview of the season was yesterday), and it would appear that the committee met, because I just received a phone call to let me know that I had been accepted! I just thought others might want to know.

Peace!
If they're done interviewing, then the rest of us should find out relatively soon. Thanks for the news. :)

If they're done interviewing, then the rest of us should find out relatively soon. Thanks for the news. :)

supposedly if a decision already has been made and it's not an acceptance, we won't find out until April whether if it was a rejection or waitlist :(

supposedly if a decision already has been made and it's not an acceptance, we won't find out until April whether if it was a rejection or waitlist :(

I guess I'm not surprised because I expected bad news with the way my cycle is going, but where did you hear this? And how should we know if there has already been a decision on our application?

Peace!

wow a two day turnaround! that was quick.

wow a two day turnaround! that was quick.

Check out his MDApps :eek:; the guy's a rockstar. With that GPA/MCAT combo and years of research, the two day turnaround is just shrewd acceptance policy on WashU's behalf.

Kudos to mulletmandan for an awesome app. :thumbup:

For myself, I really wish I had pulled it together in a few science courses so that I had a comparable BCPM GPA. :bang: But that's why he's going to get to pick early from some quality schools and most of the rest of us are going to have to live in limbo a little while longer before we hear back from places like WashU.

EDIT: not to imply by saying "the rest of us" that everyone else destroyed their BCPM GPA like I did...

Last edited:

Not true! Or at least it wasn't last year. Also, I think some people were already rejected by WashU post interview this year.

i mean they made a point of telling all of us not to be surprised if we didn't hear back for a LONG time because of the way their committees are set up...so i'm a little skeptical about hearing back sooner only if you've been accepted.

i mean they made a point of telling all of us not to be surprised if we didn't hear back for a LONG time because of the way their committees are set up...so i'm a little skeptical about hearing back sooner only if you've been accepted.

Someone in the MD/PhD forum has been waitlisted. FYI, it means the med school waitlisted him, since the MSTP doesn't waitlist at all. So some people know about waitlists already.

I got an express mail package this morning. No prior phone call, but my interviewer was very old-school, so I don't think that's his style.

Good luck to you all.

when did you interview?

hey guys,
I was just wondering about the status page. I looked at it a few days after my interview and any indication that I had been invited to interview had disappeared (ie the interview day schedule, invitation, etc.). Did this happen to everyone else?
Also, I've heard we hear back on the status page, is this true?
Mine just says: According to our records and procedures your file is Complete.
Will this be replaced with "accepted/rejected/waitlisted" when they make a decision?
Thanks!

when did you interview?

10/2... it's been a long wait. I also had a pretty crappy interview that day because I took some over-the-counter sleeping pills the night before and had a severe hangover in the morning... probably factored into the decision.

hey guys,
I was just wondering about the status page. I looked at it a few days after my interview and any indication that I had been invited to interview had disappeared (ie the interview day schedule, invitation, etc.). Did this happen to everyone else?
Also, I've heard we hear back on the status page, is this true?
Mine just says: According to our records and procedures your file is Complete.
Will this be replaced with "accepted/rejected/waitlisted" when they make a decision?
Thanks!

You should see something like this: http://img502.imageshack.us/my.php?image=statuspagexd3.jpg

bstk thank you. I guess I might not be waitlisted/rejected yet, I interviewed Nov 18th

;)
thank you! this was under "check your app status"?
and did the same thing happen to you where any indication that you were invited to interview disappeared from the status page after your interview?

No decision made for me yet, but yeah, my status page hasn't said anything about interviewing since after my interview.

bstk thank you. I guess I might not be waitlisted/rejected yet, I interviewed Nov 18th

We interviewed the same day! No word here yet either. Does anyone have any idea how full the class is or how many acceptance offers they have made yet by any chance?

We interviewed the same day! No word here yet either. Does anyone have any idea how full the class is or how many acceptance offers they have made yet by any chance?

I interviewed 2 weeks ago and they said at that point they had offered about half of the acceptances they plan to offer. That's out of the ~300 acceptances, not the ~120 seats, so I don't know how much of the class is actually filled so far. I'm guessing since they've offered about 150, there won't be many more accepted until decision day when people start withdrawing.

Accepted saturday (letter dated 2/12.) Received Fedex letter early in the morning. I interviewed 10/9 and definitely thought that they had forgotten about me. Now I have to decide between two schools. Good luck to the rest of you still waiting.

Has anyone with the "friends and family" interview had a status change?

Just found out I got accepted by randomly checking the status page. (after not checking over the weekend). :)

But, I still haven't gotten a letter/package? Maybe today?

Ok, wow. I don't think I'm getting into Wash U after looking at the stats of all of you who've been getting in. I thought maybe I had a shot since they interviewed me in the first place but... I dunno. It's looking like they really do favor the high numbers.

I've been checking my status page feverishly in hopes of receiving an acceptance, but... looks like no such luck. Oh well... maybe next time?

Ok, wow. I don't think I'm getting into Wash U after looking at the stats of all of you who've been getting in. I thought maybe I had a shot since they interviewed me in the first place but... I dunno. It's looking like they really do favor the high numbers.

Yeah no ****. I didn't realize how many people have way better numbers (~4, 40+) than I do. Evidently, pretty much everyone in this thread lol. The mdapps for WashU this cycle makes me depressed.

The good thing is that pretty much every person accepted at WashU right now is holding maaaaany acceptances and they will likely head for the coasts. I'm just hoping for a waitlist decision, I know I won't be accepted outright.

Status
Not open for further replies.