2008-2009 WashU Secondary Application Thread - Pt 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, wow. I don't think I'm getting into Wash U after looking at the stats of all of you who've been getting in. I thought maybe I had a shot since they interviewed me in the first place but... I dunno. It's looking like they really do favor the high numbers.

Same here! Anyone hear of anyone with less than a 35 mcat getting accepted so far this cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

Same here! Anyone hear of anyone with less than a 35 mcat getting accepted so far this cycle?

I don't know about the number of people accepted so far with a 35 and below MCAT, but I do know that WashU has a preference for students from its undergraduate institution and from the Mid West. If you happen to fit both of those categories, I would say that your chances are still good considering that you were invited for an interview.

I'm still waiting to hear back, interviewed in December. :scared::xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone heard any scholarship news?

I don't know about the number of people accepted so far with a 35 and below MCAT, but I do know that WashU has a preference for students from its undergraduate institution and from the Mid West. If you happen to fit both of those categories, I would say that your chances are still good considering that you were invited for an interview.

I fit neither of those categories. =/ I'm quite perplexed as to why I was invited. My numbers are low all around. From what I've gathered from talking to my interviewers, my essay was good and my LORs were probably good too, and my overall picture is interesting, but I'm not sure how often that's going to be enough to take me from interview to acceptance. Ah well.

I fit neither of those categories. =/ I'm quite perplexed as to why I was invited. My numbers are low all around. From what I've gathered from talking to my interviewers, my essay was good and my LORs were probably good too, and my overall picture is interesting, but I'm not sure how often that's going to be enough to take me from interview to acceptance. Ah well.

Don't be so hard on yourself quirks, I'm sure what you consider to be low all around is more than adequate. I mean, don't most people suggest that we present ourselves on paper in an interesting way so that we can get to the interview? I think you've more than accomplished that if that's what your interviewers told you. And I guess the last thing is that a school wouldn't interview you unless they saw something in you that they'd like to have for their class. They shouldn't anyways, if not it'd be a waste of time and resources for both sides! Good luck quirks, hang in there and see what decisions await most of us...

Don't be so hard on yourself quirks, I'm sure what you consider to be low all around is more than adequate. I mean, don't most people suggest that we present ourselves on paper in an interesting way so that we can get to the interview? I think you've more than accomplished that if that's what your interviewers told you. And I guess the last thing is that a school wouldn't interview you unless they saw something in you that they'd like to have for their class. They shouldn't anyways, if not it'd be a waste of time and resources for both sides! Good luck quirks, hang in there and see what decisions await most of us...

Thanks! I know I should, in theory, still have a chance. I'm just coming up with ways to deal with the remaining wait and it's easier to cope with low expectations than high expectations. Maybe I should take a two week hiatus from SDN and... learn how to do something new. Or finally get around to watching Lost or Battlestar Gallactica (as in, starting the series).

Thanks! I know I should, in theory, still have a chance. I'm just coming up with ways to deal with the remaining wait and it's easier to cope with low expectations than high expectations. Maybe I should take a two week hiatus from SDN and... learn how to do something new. Or finally get around to watching Lost or Battlestar Gallactica (as in, starting the series).

I vote for Galactica. I could be biased, though.:D

Note: in order to stay away SDN avoid watching any "What the frak is going on?" videos. The latest sums up the last 3 seasons in about 12 minutes.:laugh:

Will they tell you if you've been rejected?

I've called a few times, but every time, they tell me that my application is still "under review" and that I should wait until April 15th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know WashU's stance on updates/LOI's? I'm hanging out post-interview without any news and would like to do anything that might tip the odds in my favor.

I know a lot of places don't accept/consider updates, though. Is WashU one of them?

I called them today to ask about merit scholarships and they said they're handing out invitations for those soon.

Just got invited to interview for Olin via email so if you're waiting on that... check your inboxes!

Just got invited to interview for Olin via email so if you're waiting on that... check your inboxes!

Congrats! And Thanks for letting us know! I didn't get anything though...I really hope washu has good financial aid b/c otherwise I wouldn't be able to go.

Any early December interviewees hear anything? :(

Any early December interviewees hear anything? :(

Haven't heard back anything admissions-wise at all. I sent a thank you note to my interviewer (interviewed 12/11/08), and he replied briefly. About a week ago, I tried sending an update and got the "this information has been added to your file" response email.

I guess we'll have to keep waiting... :xf:

its cuz you're.... a BAMF.

did u jus call me a Black AS$ Monkey Fuker????

can we get a ban on this RACIST SON OF A BI*CH!!!!

hahahah jus playin, bad aS$ mo fo, i gotchu mah man :laugh:

That's soon going to be ballin' hopkins ! Now, that, is bad azz

Haven't heard back anything admissions-wise at all. I sent a thank you note to my interviewer (interviewed 12/11/08), and he replied briefly. About a week ago, I tried sending an update and got the "this information has been added to your file" response email.

I guess we'll have to keep waiting... :xf:

Did you stamp-mail your updates or do it via e-mail for getting their reply? Thanks!

also...
I interviewed in early Nov. and still haven't heard yet, either!

the big day is closing in tho, I learned to be patient :)

Did you stamp-mail your updates or do it via e-mail for getting their reply? Thanks!

also...
I interviewed in early Nov. and still haven't heard yet, either!

the big day is closing in tho, I learned to be patient :)

big day?

No email for me :(

When did the email arrive? Just now?

I got the email this past Friday... don't know if they sent them all at once or not.... The interview isn't until March 23rd so who knows, maybe they haven't sent out all the invites?

interviewed 2/6 accepted 2/28

3 down...3 to go baby

no, I applied out of a 8 year BA/MD program...

Did any of you guys get an email inviting you to send a brief statement of why you'd want a merit scholarship?

From my interview day, I thought that we were all automatically considered for it and that they wouldn't need any other essay, etc.

Did any of you guys get an email inviting you to send a brief statement of why you'd want a merit scholarship?

From my interview day, I thought that we were all automatically considered for it and that they wouldn't need any other essay, etc.

I just got the same e-mail and was wondering the same thing because that's what I remembered too.

Does anyone know how often they send out batches of acceptances

I just logged in to check my status, and it still says "your application is complete" but there was a new link called "Waitlist Inquiry" which asked if I still wanted to be considered for the entering class of 2009... Does this mean I AM on the waitlist? It doesn't say "you have been placed on the waitlist" anywhere... Have other people seen this when they login?

I just logged in to check my status, and it still says "your application is complete" but there was a new link called "Waitlist Inquiry" which asked if I still wanted to be considered for the entering class of 2009... Does this mean I AM on the waitlist? It doesn't say "you have been placed on the waitlist" anywhere... Have other people seen this when they login?

Yeah, I looked and I have it too. Considering that it says:

"Wait List Inquiry Response

Stay on the list:
Yes, I wish to remain under consideration for the 2009 First Year Class.
No, please remove my application from consideration."

I am going to guess that yes, we have been wait listed. Yay? =/

Stay on the list:

Oh, boo. They sent an email at least last year.:(

Stay on the list:

hm I don't see that on my page. I am guessing it means that I either got rejected or that they haven't reviewed my file yet. probably the former lol.

hm I don't see that on my page. I am guessing it means that I either got rejected or that they haven't reviewed my file yet. probably the former lol.

I don't see it either, but they do have a pretty massive waitlist. If you'd been rejected, you'd probably know it by now.

I had it a few minutes ago and now it's gone. :ninja: lol, the phantom waitlist!!

Status
Not open for further replies.