~2008 Waitlist support group~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Omegadramon

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's tough to be on the waitlist when the school doesn't tell your ranking nor do you know when the suspense will finally be over.:scared:

Only applied to one school as well. GPA: 3.55 PCAT: 93.

Members don't see this ad.

I also applied to only one school (stupid me). I applied to UNC and waitlisted. I am not sure they are going to rank us or not.
My stat is very similar to Omega, 3.69 gpa and 83 pcat

I get so depressed by the fact that I was waitlisted by a school and I had nothing prepared for this situation, because I never thought it would happen to me. I hope I have learned the lesson, "ego cannot solve away your life"

Members don't see this ad :)
I also applied to only one school (stupid me). I applied to UNC and waitlisted. I am not sure they are going to rank us or not.

I get so depressed by the fact that I was waitlisted by a school and I had nothing prepared for this situation, because I never thought it would happen to me. I hope I have learned the lesson, "ego cannot solve away your life"

i'm riding in that same boat....:thumbdown:

are you in-state?

My stats: gpa - 3.8, pcat - 90
*sighs* don't you guys have a feeling that 'today might be the day I hear from them' and then nothing...no letter, no email, no call.
IMO, it's worse than a rejection because with that you can eventually move on...but with this, I feel like I'm in limbo.

My stats: gpa - 3.8, pcat - 90
*sighs* don't you guys have a feeling that 'today might be the day I hear from them' and then nothing...no letter, no email, no call.
IMO, it's worse than a rejection because with that you can eventually move on...but with this, I feel like I'm in limbo.
That was also my case. I was waiting and waiting and all other deadlines are past, here it comes the waitlist letter. If they could let me know earlier that I was waitlisted or even rejection letter, I wouldn't be this depressed. I just wasted my entire year.

Yes, I am in-state, but I did undergraduate from University of Washington(that's my hometown)

I also applied to only one school, not out of ego; but I thought I wouldn't want to move away from my family. Now while awaiting the letter of decision, I wish I would have applied to more schools. Knowing that this letter will be the end of the road makes me question my decision to stay in the area. And I agree that a waitlist letter would be the worst one to get, especially falling around the #15-20 rank (my school at least tells you your rank).

So I sympathize with all of you waitlisters and who knows, I might be one of you next week (my stats are similar: GPA 3.72/PCAT 76).

It's tough to be on the waitlist when the school doesn't tell your ranking nor do you know when the suspense will finally be over.
Only applied to one school as well. GPA: 3.55 PCAT: 93.

waitlisted at UGA, too. GPA:~3.5-3.6 PCAT: 87.

I was waitlisted at 2 schools and rejected at 1 so far. It really sucks to be in this position of not knowing what I'll be doing in the fall. I am still waiting on a school and have another interview to go, so I'm trying to forget about the other news and focus on staying positive for my upcoming interview.

Well, to make you guys feel better. I applied to 12 schools, and haven't heard anything positive from any of them yet. There goes the money. :(

Waiting is just killing me. I have no concentration to study, no courage or motivation to go on. The only feeling that I have right now is just frustrated and worrisome. Terrible time :(

I couldnt agree more!!!!!! I just wish I knew what the future held! It scares me that waitlist go up until classes begin! How can people do that?

I'm in contact with another applicant who got in with lower stats then me. He called me asking if I wanted to room with him. He was shocked that I was put on the waiting list and he got in. He thought for sure I was a lock in.

I can't help but chuckle.

I'm on the alternate list for Creighton without interview. They said they won't review my application until late May (probably when everyone submits their deposits). The only problem is that if they ever decide to call me for an interview, chances are that it will be somewhere on the finals week or the week before that. I guess it's better than getting totally rejected. :rolleyes:

GPA 3.4 PCAT 91. Don't know if it's because my application was late. So depressing. Have pharmacy experience and extracurriculars. I know my LORs were strong. What more can i do?

Well I applied to like 21, on the hold list at one, alternate on another, waiting to hear back on another (hopefully this week), and invited for another interview in Hawaii in one week which isn't enough notice, so not going there. If I don't get in, imagine that waste of money, especially the money going to the interviews. Mama Mia!

Talking about getting waitlisted... I'm on several wait lists. I applied to about 10 schools this year. I got waitlisted at 5 schools and was put on hold at 1 school after I interviewed with them. I received 1 acceptance (thanks God!), 1 rejection and I'm stilling waiting to hear back from 2 schools. it's been quite a ride!

GPA--3.71 (after this semester) Science GPA--3.8
PCAT--82
Good LOR
Not a lot of EC (did work at a micro lab)

I only applied to two school, and i was waitlisted at one so far, didn't make it into their second round acceptances.

I am only waiting on one more school, which i should find out about on Thursday/Friday

Good luck to everyone that is still waiting

Talking about getting waitlisted... I'm on several wait lists. I applied to about 10 schools this year. I got waitlisted at 5 schools and was put on hold at 1 school after I interviewed with them. I received 1 acceptance (thanks God!), 1 rejection and I'm stilling waiting to hear back from 2 schools. it's been quite a ride!

At least you know you're starting school this fall! Congrats!

I'm in contact with another applicant who got in with lower stats then me. He called me asking if I wanted to room with him. He was shocked that I was put on the waiting list and he got in. He thought for sure I was a lock in.

I can't help but chuckle.

i know the feeling. couple of my friends made it and it's sort of a bummer to be out of the loop. i got interviews at all five schools i applied to and have been put on the waitlist for what i consider CA's three most established pharm programs. got rejected by one and placed on hold for another to round up my five. anyway my friends had fewer interviews, but all it really takes is one acceptance to seal the deal. well, good luck to all those who are waiting. i'm in the same boat, so i hear ya.

after reading all this post i feel really lucky to get into nova southeastern university with my stats.. pcat comp: 64 GPA:3.8..No EC's..thank you god..and all i can tell is your time will come too..just hang in there...