2009 DO Match Lists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Maybe he was so good that KCOM gave him an MD degree.

Actually he had to take an extra course in biochemistry and applied pathophysiology at an outside institution, DO schools just flake over on those subjects.

Members don't see this ad.

CCOM Please!

Not finalized yet. I can tell you that it was VERY VERY HEAVY FP/IM

20% FP, about 25% IM, then quite a bit of PM&R, OB, and Peds. My class wasn't very surgically oriented.

4 DO Urology
1 MD Urology
3 Gen Sx - 2 DO, one Military
3 DO Neurosurgery
2 DO Ortho
1 DO ENT
2 Derm

Members don't see this ad :)
Apparently it was just finalized today except I don't know how to post a modified version with the names deleted.

20% FP, about 25% IM, then quite a bit of PM&R, OB, and Peds. My class wasn't very surgically oriented.

4 DO Urology
1 MD Urology
3 DO Neurosurgery
2 DO Ortho
1 DO ENT
2 Derm

Nice. What program?

No urologist could ever possibly live up to the standard set by this guy:
http://www.urologyteam.com/our-doctors/dr-richard-chopp.htm

I could go on to be the best urologist in the world, and design all kinds of new innovations to make penises better, and I would still feel inadequate because of my name. By the way, some of the docs I used to work with know him, and apparently, he makes it very clear that he goes by "Dick".

Last edited:

I could go on to be the best urologist in the world, and design all kinds of new innovations to make penises better, and I would still feel inadequate because of my name. By the way, some of the docs I used to work with know him, and apparently, he makes it very clear that he goes by "Dick".

Haha.... yea, he pretty much HAD to go into Urology. You can't waste a good ongoing joke like that.

4 DO Urology
1 MD Urology
3 DO Neurosurgery
2 DO Ortho
1 DO ENT
2 Derm

I thought there was also an MD Ortho somewhere in Florida, isn't that the case?

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha.... yea, he pretty much HAD to go into Urology. You can't waste a good ongoing joke like that.

I'm going to take this even further. There's a pediatric urologist at Cornell's Children's Hospital of New York Presbyterian who's name is DR. DIX POPPAS. Am I out of line?...Maybe. But I thought was damn funny. This guy had his career lined up from the day he was born.

http://www.cornellurology.com/faculty/poppas.html

:laugh: Dick Chopp.

Maturity is a wonderful thing.

No, I was commenting about a friend of mine from LECOM-B. Hes the one doing MD ortho.

Thats very impressive, we were told yesterday by one of our own from LECOM-Erie who matched in Neurosurgery that there were to D.O. students nationwide that matched into M.D. Ortho residencies. Are you at liberty to say where your friend matched??

Self-reported, I'm not posting names, and locations go along with names, so here are the numbers who matched in each specialty:

Family Practice 21
Internal Medicine 17
Pediatrics 12
Emergency Medicine 11
OB/GYN 9
Traditional/Rotating 9
Orthopedic Surgery 7
Anesthesiology 7
Radiology 5
Psychiatry 5
Neurology 4
Pathology 4
PM&R 4
General Surgery 3
ENT 3
Neurosurgery 2
OMM/NMM 2
Med/Peds 2
Urology 1
Dermatology 1

:D

Urology was allopathic too which is pretty solid!

Thats very impressive, we were told yesterday by one of our own from LECOM-Erie who matched in Neurosurgery that there were to D.O. students nationwide that matched into M.D. Ortho residencies. Are you at liberty to say where your friend matched??

UF-Jax

Touro-NV anyone ???

Self Reported Touro NV match list! :)

Anesthesia 3
Diagnostic Radiology 2
Emergency Medicine 8
ENT 1
Family Medicine 16
General Surgery 1
Internal Medicine 20
Neurology 1
Neurosugery 1
Obstetrics/Gynecology 5
Orthopedic Surgery 4
Pediatrics 7
Psychiatry 1
Traditional Internship 7
Not reported 14
Total 88

Anesthesia Hawaii (intern), Walter Reed, DC (Residency)
Anesthesia Oklahoma State Univ, OK
Anesthesia Texas Tech University - Lubbock, TX

Diagnostic Radiology University of North Texas Health Sciences JPS,
Diagnostic Radiology Mt Clemens, MI

Emergency Medicine Michigan State University, Lansing MI
Emergency Medicine Maricopa Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ
Emergency Medicine Lehigh Valley, PA
Emergency Medicine University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria
Emergency Medicine St. Vincent, Erie, PA
Emergency Medicine UMC, Las Vegas, NV
Emergency Medicine St Luke's Hospital, Allentown, PA
Emergency Medicine Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital, MI

ENT POH, Pontiac, MI

Family Medicine Valley Hospital, Las Vegas, NV
Family Medicine
Family Medicine Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID
Family Medicine Plaza Medical Center, Fort Worth, TX
Family Medicine Bay Area Corpus Christi, Tx
Family Medicine
Family Medicine Cuyahoga Falls General Hospital, OH
Family Medicine/OMT Maine-Dartmouth FMR, Augusta, ME
Family Medicine UCSF, Fresno, CA
Family Medicine Scripps/Mercy, San Diego, CA
Family Medicine St. Joseph's Medical Center, Reading PA
Family Medicine Valley Hospital, Las Vegas
Family Medicine Williamsport, PA
Family Medicine University Medical Center, Las Vegas, NV
Family Medicine Valley Hospital Las Vegas, NV
Family Medicine Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN

General Surgery Tripled, Hawaii

Internal Medicine St. Barnabas Hospital NY
Internal Medicine Texas Tech University Health Science Center,
Internal Medicine Valley Hospital, Las Vegas, NV
Internal Medicine Plaza Medical Center, Fort-Worth, TX
Internal Medicine Mt Carmel, OH
Internal Medicine Swedish Covenant, Chicago, IL
Internal Medicine USC LA County Hospital, Los Angeles, CA
Internal Medicine Legacy Emmanuel, Portland, OR
Internal Medicine University of Nevada, Reno
Internal Medicine Freeman Health Joplin, MO
Internal Medicine Lahey clinic, Burlington MA
Internal Medicine Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
Internal medicine Valley hospital NV
Internal Medicine USC, Los Angeles, CA
Internal Medicine Henry Ford Hospital, Clinton Township, MI
Internal Medicine Valley Hospital Medical Center, Las Vegas, NV
Internal Medicine Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA
Internal Medicine Plaza Medical Center, Fort-Worth, TX

Neurology Valley Hospital, Las Vegas, NV

Neurosurgery Northshore-LIJ Manhasset, NY

Obstetrics/Gynecology St. Joseph Mercy Oakland, Pontiac, MI
Obstetrics/Gynecology Arrowhead Regional Medical Center, Colton, CA
Obstetrics/Gynecology Geisinger Danville, PA
Obstetrics/Gynecology
Obstetrics/Gynecology St. John's Hospital, Far Rockaway, NY

Orthopedic Surgery Mt. Clemens, MI
Orthopedic Surgery Riverside (RCRMC), Moreno Valley, CA
Orthopedic Surgery Botsford Hospital, Farmington Hills, MI
Orthopedic Surgery POH, Pontiac, MI

Pediatrics USF, Tampa, FL
Pediatrics UMC, Las Vegas, NV
Pediatrics University of Connecticut, CT
Pediatrics Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, VA
Pediatrics Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center
Pediatrics UMC, Las Vegas, NV
Pediatrics Jersey Shore University Medical Center, NJ
Pediatrics Palmetto Health Children's, Columbia, SC

Psychiatry UCLA - Kern

Traditional Internship Riverside, RCRMC, Moreno Valley, CA
Traditional Internship Valley Hospital, Las Vegas, NV
Traditional Internship St Vincent's Mercy, Toledo OH
Traditional Internship California
Traditional Internship San Diego, CA
Traditional Internship Valley Hospital, LV
Traditional internship O'Bleness Hospital, Athens, OH

How common is it that Hawaii will take DOs for an internship year in the civilian world? I understand the few Hawaii spots that were matched into by the above students were likely military.

How common is it that Hawaii will take DOs for an internship year in the civilian world? I understand the few Hawaii spots that were matched into by the above students were likely military.

It will be very hard to find an accurate answer to the question. I suggest contacting the program. The bottomline is that you should apply whether or not the odds are slim. Go for what you want man!

Hey Bob, how does applying for an internship year work? Same process as with residencies? How about when matching?

Neurosurgery Northshore-LIJ Manhasset, NY

MD Neurosurgery!? Hot.

I wonder how many DOs matched ACGME for neurosurg

Congrats on your match Travis... I'm going rads too! Find me on AM :cool:

Last edited:
MD Neurosurgery!? Hot.

I wonder how many DOs matched ACGME for neurosurg

Congrats on your match Travis... I'm going rads too! Find me on AM :cool:
Is that a good program? I don't even know where Manhasset, NY is.

4 DO Urology
1 MD Urology
3 DO Neurosurgery
2 DO Ortho
1 DO ENT
2 Derm

3 DO Neurosurgery! :) Nice! Didn't know Neurosurgery existed for DO. I thought a DO could only match in MD Neurosurgery program. Good too know. Neurosurgery is something I would be insterested in besides Anesthesiology.

Is that a good program? I don't even know where Manhasset, NY is.

I am originally from good ol' Long Island so here is my brief geography lesson :laugh:

North Shore/LIJ (Long Island Jewish) is an excellent hospital system - it is located on the North Shore of Long Island in Nassau County about 20 mins east of NYC - it is referred to as the "Gold Coast" of Long Island :p

But that is super impressive - a DO in an ACMGE neurosurgery program - congrats!

the North Shore/LIJ neurosurgery program is Osteopathic.

Does every ACGME neurosurgery program offer good training? I know there are some osteo programs with a good reputation is every ACGME program better than these? They might be. I really don't know much about neurosurgery. The only thing I know is that it takes roughly 7 years of residency training to completely remove the soul from a person's body.

For EM, I know there are some really good osteo programs, and some pretty weak ACGME programs.

Some of the DO NS programs are actually pretty good, like Providence Hospital's program in Michigan, and these 'good' DO programs are probably better than some MD programs. However, there are a few DO programs that are not so good, like garden city's program. Check out the forums on uncleharvey.com if you are really interested.

the North Shore/LIJ neurosurgery program is Osteopathic.

This is correct. That's a DO program. I've heard previously that maybe 3-5 DOs match allopathic neurosurgery most years.

Nevertheless, I've read previously it's a solid DO program, so congrats to them.

Does anyone know about good neurosurgery programs in FL?

This is correct. That's a DO program. I've heard previously that maybe 3-5 DOs match allopathic neurosurgery most years.

Nevertheless, I've read previously it's a solid DO program, so congrats to them.

My bad! Kudos to them nonetheless. Wonder why they have DO Neurosurgery when the rest of the training programs at North Shore are MD.

My bad! Kudos to them nonetheless. Wonder why they have DO Neurosurgery when the rest of the training programs at North Shore are MD.

NYCOM has a lot of 3rd and 4th year rotations at North Shore/LIJ. Most of our clinical professors are attendings at North Shore. NYCOM has alot of affiliations there and many grads can get into North Shore for IM or surgery if they are good enough and want to go there. Mind you the hospital system itself is pirmarly affilated with Albert Einsten and NYU school of med. When the new Hosftra medical school opens up, they will take over the pirmary affiliation with LIJ. I have no idea what impact this will have for NYCOM and the few residencies North Shore/LIJ offer there.

Why where you most impressed with the MD residency? I am just curious.

Because I want to match at a place that hasn't accepted a DO into their program, yet. I have worked closely with the urologists in the OR and have a good relationship with them, but their is still politics at play. So, the more DOs that match allo URO lowers the stigma.

Because I want to match at a place that hasn't accepted a DO into their program, yet. I have worked closely with the urologists in the OR and have a good relationship with them, but their is still politics at play. So, the more DOs that match allo URO lowers the stigma.

Just jump in with both feet! Apply where you want to go and see what happens! Good luck man!

Just jump in with both feet! Apply where you want to go and see what happens! Good luck man!

Thank you, I plan on it. It is just encouraging to see my peers breaking down pre-conceived notions and excelling in their endeavors.

Thank you, I plan on it. It is just encouraging to see my peers breaking down pre-conceived notions and excelling in their endeavors.

Good Luck certainly not easy. My buddy that matched is #1 in the class with a 263 on the USMLE. He doesn't even have to study. Ass.

Good Luck certainly not easy. My buddy that matched is #1 in the class with a 263 on the USMLE. He doesn't even have to study. Ass.

Whhhaat? Thats insane, must be nice.

Speaking of MD neurosurgery residencies, does anyone know of any yet this year? I know every year there are usually a couple.

Any chance of seeing a 2009 LECOM-B list? Nlax, digitl? I know you guys must be incredibly busy but it would be great if this humble Class o' 2013er could see how the sophomore grads did.

Any chance of seeing a 2009 LECOM-B list? Nlax, digitl? I know you guys must be incredibly busy but it would be great if this humble Class o' 2013er could see how the sophomore grads did.

Yeah...I'm a *****. We had our "admin hour" yesterday. We have these about 3 times a year. They tell us how we're doing, and how we could do better...

Anyways, I totally forgot to ask. I'll try and track down some info. I'm curious too.

Still nothing for PCOM?

Yeah...I'm a *****. We had our "admin hour" yesterday. We have these about 3 times a year. They tell us how we're doing, and how we could do better...

Anyways, I totally forgot to ask. I'll try and track down some info. I'm curious too.

Same here, had one last week but it was pretty much just about board review. I think last time or two a 3rd or 4th year ended up posting the list on here, hopefully one of them will jump in. As soon as I hear anything I'll try and post it though.

Lars Gardner will become an SDN pre-osteo legend now. MD neurosurgery. Hold on while I have 10 orgasms.

Actually, great work by him. I'm more making fun of the people on here.