2009 western university..anyone yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It doesnt look so good for me. I haven't received anything yet. Hopefully, they are still sending out more acceptances. I'm still waiting.....sigh.

Looks like tomorrow will be another day.....

Members don't see this ad.

congrats on the new acceptances!!! applicants who are still waiting, just be optimistic. like some of the other WU students said, a lot of people from alternate list get in :) :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
hey everyone, congrats on all the acceptances thus far...

two other D.O. students including myself matriculating this year at western are looking for a 4th male roommate for a house close to western, preferably in the chino hills or phillips ranch area. Since we'll be involved in the intensive summer anatomy course or the SMSPP we're planning on moving in in early June. PM me if interested. thanks

Did anyone from the alternate list hear anything Friday?

Those that were recently accepted from the alternate list, did you guys get your packet yet?

Did anyone from the alternate list hear anything Friday?

Those that were recently accepted from the alternate list, did you guys get your packet yet?

Nope, I think its time for me to move on. Still on the alternate list.

Nope, I think its time for me to move on. Still on the alternate list.

I called WU earlier because my friend is also still on the WL since Feb. Elaine said that this week (4/23) and the beginning of next week WU will send out acceptances to make up the 120 student-class. By April, Western usually accepts around 90-95 students (pharmcas data). Then WU will fill in the rest of the spots with top alternates (~25-30). So by the end of April they expect a full class of 120. Accepted alternates must reply back by May 11th so by mid-May to early June, WU is expecting to pull more alternates off the list depending who accepts/declines. Usually after mid-June throughout July, there's very little movement in the alternate list. Last year someone got called at 8 am on the first day of class to attend WU.

I hope this info will help people still on the alternate list. Good luck with everyone. :xf::luck::xf:

I called WU earlier because my friend is also still on the WL since Feb. Elaine said that this week (4/23) and the beginning of next week WU will send out acceptances to make up the 120 student-class. By April, Western usually accepts around 90-95 students (pharmcas data). Then WU will fill in the rest of the spots with top alternates (~25-30). So by the end of April they expect a full class of 120. Accepted alternates must reply back by May 11th so by mid-May to early June, WU is expecting to pull more alternates off the list depending who accepts/declines. Usually after mid-June throughout July, there's very little movement in the alternate list. Last year someone got called at 8 am on the first day of class to attend WU.

I hope this info will help people still on the alternate list. Good luck with everyone. :xf::luck::xf:

Thank you EDLKim for the information.

Did anyone else hear anything after last Monday's acceptances? I guess they are done taking most of the people off the alternate list.

For those that didn't get pulled off the list (like me), I guess we better start apps for the Fall 2010 semester.

I'm going to take Calc 2 and apply to the UC schools and hope that I'll be able to gain admissions.

Are all of the forms for matriculation (physical, immunization, transcripts, etc.) due by June 1? I don't know if one of my transcripts will be available by that time.

Hello all,

So, just thought I would share some info that I found out today...I spoke to someone at WU today about exactly what is going on with alternates, just to confirm what ELDKIM found out...and it was along the same lines, but something that she did say that was a little discouraging, was that there are 200 plus people on the alternate list. :( I thought that was incorrect, and I asked her again, and she said, yes! she is shocked too....

and I asked her, if its not ranked, then exactly how are they choosing alternates, and she said, its not known, and its confidential, and only the admissions knows, not even she knew...they wouldnt even tell her...

All she said was, as soon as seats become available, (if any do become available)..she said its very random if they do, but I asked her how many are becoming available lately, and she said, it varies, but she saw 1 person withdraw their acceptance this week...and she said, then they let her know, and she tells the admissions, and they tell her who to call or email from the alternate list to send them an acceptance letter...

Thought I would just share the info I found today...so, all we can really do is just pray and hope for the best! Best of luck to everyone!! :) (including myself! haha)

Are all of the forms for matriculation (physical, immunization, transcripts, etc.) due by June 1? I don't know if one of my transcripts will be available by that time.

There is a form on that website they gave you called the "unofficial transcript" form. Your professor will need to fill it out so that you can mail it to the school before June 1st. You can send the transcript later when it is available. Hope that helps.

There is a form on that website they gave you called the "unofficial transcript" form. Your professor will need to fill it out so that you can mail it to the school before June 1st. You can send the transcript later when it is available. Hope that helps.

Thanks so much! I'm trying to look for the form under the registrar website but I'm having trouble finding it. Do you happen to have the link? :confused: Is it on this page somewhere?

http://www.westernu.edu/xp/edu/registrar/registrar-verification.xml

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,
For people who have recently been accepted, have you guys received a receipt for your deposit it? Michelle from Admissions said that we should receive a letter of receipt and instructions on how to enroll, get health forms, etc. :confused:

Hi everyone,
For people who have recently been accepted, have you guys received a receipt for your deposit it? Michelle from Admissions said that we should receive a letter of receipt and instructions on how to enroll, get health forms, etc. :confused:

not yettt.

Espada have u not got a letter yet because i have not and im getting worried. mcphs

Sorry, I haven't heard from them yet. I'm getting ready to reapply for Fall 2010.

To accepted students, how do you send in the official transcripts? Collect all the transcripts, if you go to more than one college, and send it in one packet? Or, do you have the colleges send it? What I did was I had the colleges send it to Western and now I check BanWeb, it says "Academic Requirements Hold?"

To accepted students, how do you send in the official transcripts? Collect all the transcripts, if you go to more than one college, and send it in one packet? Or, do you have the colleges send it? What I did was I had the colleges send it to Western and now I check BanWeb, it says "Academic Requirements Hold?"

i had the schoo mail it for me, i think that's what you're supposed to do. ask your counselor about the hold. my counselor keeps updating me what i'm still missing everytime i send in something new.

hey guys,
i was accepted in april and about a week ago i was able to access a page online without signing in to anything that had forms we needed to send in like transcripts and the form that we had a professor fill out if our class wasn't over by june 1 and now i can't find it! i have no idea where that webpage is. also, i don't have a pin for banweb so i can't access anything through there. please help me!!! thanks.

hey guys,-
i was accepted in april and about a week ago i was able to access a page online without signing in to anything that had forms we needed to send in like transcripts and the form that we had a professor fill out if our class wasn't over by june 1 and now i can't find it! i have no idea where that webpage is. also, i don't have a pin for banweb so i can't access anything through there. please help me!!! thanks.
check your westernu email for the pin. If it is not in the email, then call 469-5432 and select the option to obtain the pin from the registrar office. For the pre-requisite form, ask your counselor.

For financial aid, are we supposed to get a packet from Western after the FAFSA is submitted or what?

hey guys,

http://prospective.westernu.edu/pharmacy-pharmd/admitted.html

ocrx8, thank you!!! you are awesome. that is exactly what i was looking for!!!

Get ready for some spots opening up at Western, USC just sent out a bunch of acceptances from their wait list! I'll be turning down my seat for USC.

did anyone hear back for their award from their financial aid yet?

Get ready for some spots opening up at Western, USC just sent out a bunch of acceptances from their wait list! I'll be turning down my seat for USC.

you just said that USC sent out acceptances...and you are rejecting USC...how is Western going to open spots up? lol

you just said that USC sent out acceptances...and you are rejecting USC...how is Western going to open spots up? lol

I think he meant he's turning down his seat to go to USC (unless you're just making fun). ;)

I'll be declining my Western spot for USC as well. Good luck to those still waiting! :luck:

I'll be declining my Western spot for USC as well. Good luck to those still waiting! :luck:

Awe Almondtea,
I am sad to hear this. I was hoping to meet ya at Western...but congrats on your acceptance to USC!

Awe Almondtea,
I am sad to hear this. I was hoping to meet ya at Western...but congrats on your acceptance to USC!

Thanks iwannafarm! Yeah, I was actually already getting used to the idea of going to Western. I'm sad I won't get to meet you either. :( I really appreciated all your help with the Western forms though!

Thanks iwannafarm! Yeah, I was actually already getting used to the idea of going to Western. I'm sad I won't get to meet you either. :( I really appreciated all your help with the Western forms though!

Oh, you are welcome. Good luck at USC.:)

Congrats guys to all that made it!!
Ima noobie.. going to finish up my pre-reqs soon at a local CC in so cal and Im planning on applying this coming year!!
I would like to stay in southern california and my options are Western, Loma Linda, UCSD and USC.

Quick questions for all the ones who made it or are alternates for Western.. what were your stats??? (PMing would be fine as well). Please let me know. Thank you.

did anyone get an email about their financial award yet? when do we usually get it?

so...if i haven't heard anything now...should i give up waiting? or still send in my grades when they come out?

does anyone know if tablets are used during class? how are the notes given? can we download them? cause i was thinking if we can download the notes, then i can write them directly on the laptop, and then print out the notes with my notes on them.

or do people usually print out the notes and then write on them? or not print out notes at all?

Anyone hear from WesternU's alternate list? I hope I hear something soon from them before the Fall 2010 pharmCas opening period.

The pharmcas website said 92, and I talked to WU yesterday (Elaine - the really nice lady, I think that's her name) and that's what she said unless WU wants to give us false hope...yet again. Can someone call Western to see if it's true.

http://www.pharmcas.org/collegesschools/schoolwesternpage.htm

PharmCAS has been updated for this year and reflects the change in number of admitted applicants (190).

92 was a typo. It does not sense for a school to admit less students than the number of spots available. Even the best schools don't operate this way.

i called western 6/23 and they said they are almost done filling the class. gl to a new pharmcas cycle~

sooooooooooooo, i guess that means no luck for us on the alternate list then huh? :(

I really thought there was some hope in being on the alternate list.... :(

sooooooooooooo, i guess that means no luck for us on the alternate list then huh? :(

I really thought there was some hope in being on the alternate list.... :(

i know what you mean...but i guess they have been pulling off the waitlist and none of those alternates post on this forum...sadly...hence the dead thread

I spoke with someone from Admissions. They told me that the movement of the alternate list was mostly in May-June. The possibility of it moving again is very low.

They said that they could "technically" still accept students up to the first day of school. I'm still hoping on that chance as well, but I'm still getting ready for Fall 2010 apps.

I will eventually get into pharmacy school! That is my goal! I dont care if i have to keep trying!

Last edited:
I spoke with someone from Admissions. They told me that the movement of the alternate list was mostly in May-June. The possibility of it moving again is very low.

They said that you could technically accept students up to the first day of school. I'm still hoping on that chance as well, but I'm still getting ready for Fall 2010 apps.

I will eventually get into pharmacy school! That is my goal! I dont care if i have to keep trying!

Thanks for the update! I'm looking forward to next cycle's as well.

My friend got accepted last week but she declined it. So there's still a spot open :)

That's great that there's one more spot open! I hope I hear something from them! Crossing my fingers! :xf: