2009 western university..anyone yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I called Western today. One of the PharmD representative told me that I have a status already but she wasn't allowed to tell me about it. She told me to wait until the end of this week to receive a letter in the mail.

I'm not a negative person but I think it is probably a rejection letter since I haven't heard anything from them ever since my December interview.

Anyone has an opinion?

Members don't see this ad.

I called Western today. One of the PharmD representative told me that I have a status already but she wasn't allowed to tell me about it. She told me to wait until the end of this week to receive a letter in the mail.

I'm not a negative person but I think it is probably a rejection letter since I haven't heard anything from them ever since my December interview.

Anyone has an opinion?

Did they send you an alternate list letter? You may have been removed off the list. I don't see why they would reject you if you're on the alternate list. It felt like they didn't reject anybody post interview, but I could be wrong about that. I wish you luck! :luck::xf: If you are rejected though, let us know so we can all stop speculating about post interview rejections. :smuggrin:

I guess they will send you an acceptance letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called Western today to get some clarification regarding to alternates.

The nice lady said alternates (aka waitlisters) will only get REJECTED if there is no available seat. She said typically a MAJORITY of alternates will get accepted throughout April and May. She also said by this Friday alternates will get their status (?), I didn't understand and she seems a little reluctant to answer.

Also although alternates are not "ranked", their files are constantly evaluated to decide which alternate gets the next available seat.

She also said letters of intent or any extra information we send in to them will not reflect their decision if we get accepted this year or not. It will be kept on file for next year if we apply again. Now they are evaluating student's files base on what was submitted during the application process. The only thing they will accept is transcript.

The nice lady said alternates (aka waitlisters) will only get REJECTED if there is no available seat. She said typically a MAJORITY of alternates will get accepted throughout April and May. She also said by this Friday alternates will get their status (?), I didn't understand and she seems a little reluctant to answer.

Also although alternates are not "ranked", their files are constantly evaluated to decide which alternate gets the next available seat.

She also said letters of intent or any extra information we send in to them will not reflect their decision if we get accepted this year or not. It will be kept on file for next year if we apply again. Now they are evaluating student's files base on what was submitted during the application process. The only thing they will accept is transcript.

Thanks for letting us know! Seems like some good information, but you never know. I'll be checking my email a million times tomorrow. :scared:

thanks alot for informing us with what you found out today! :)....I really hope everyone that is on the alternate list and that is on this site gets in!!!! :) :) :)

Anyone has an opinion?
Thats what i said a couple of days ago,
I said just wait unit end of this week or maybe next week becuase they are behind in sending out the rest of the letters you might get an acceptance you might get an alternate you might get a rejection some people already got there info but some of use did not like me i was on hold since Feb and do not know my status until end of this week

Called they said End of this week we should know our results
I wrote this yesterday what is so hard to understand For instance DarlingNIKki did not understand she says the "alternate "and other people did not understand it means just wait it can be any decision, they said they can not give status over the phone so just wait until this week which the week is coming to a end.

I wrote this yesterday what is so hard to understand For instance DarlingNIKki did not understand she says the "alternate "and other people did not understand it means just wait it can be any decision, they said they can not give status over the phone so just wait until this week which the week is coming to a end.

Ummmm, I understand what was said. I'm not confused. I'm not expecting to hear anything from them since I just received an alternate letter the other day.

Don't worry, you might be accepted. They sent the alternate letters because everyone had to get some status by the 3 week point, but as more spots open, you (we) might get called.

Its not that DarlingNikki or other people do not understand what you said.....It's because, if you look, in the past posts, we are all assuming that no rejections were given out....we were assuming that everyone that was not accepted is going to be given alternate status....that is why it was a shocker to hear someone not have received any information yet, and that is why, DarlingNikki was asking if that person had received an alternate letter, and when that person did not know their status, was it after receiving the alternate letter?....(so I think that was a legitimate question)...because we are all in that situation right now....

You can't stop people from questioning things they don't understand fully. :) I had to call Western myself. Your comment, though helpful, has different suggestive implications. Therefore, anyone can misinterpret what was said.
The application process is a big ordeal. We should all be well-informed, and get as much information as possible not just for ourselves but also for others.
Good luck with everyone. :luck: Let's all cross our fingers and hope for good results...soon. :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
You can't stop people from questioning things they don't understand fully. :) I had to call Western myself. Your comment, though helpful, has different suggestive implications. Therefore, anyone can misinterpret what was said.
The application process is a big ordeal. We should all be well-informed, and get as much information as possible not just for ourselves but also for others.
Good luck with everyone. :luck: Let's all cross our fingers and hope for good results...soon. :xf:
It may have had differnet implication, for those you have not recievied anything I meant I said "results end of this week" at least for me she said. The administration said, the results could be anything(accepted,rejected,and alternate,) and for those who are already on the alternate I dont know MAYBE she was REFERING TO ME ONLY (no status over the phone). I dont now, all im suggesting is waiting until the end of this week maybe by Monday if not call them again and ask what happened. Sorry for the misunderstandng i just wanted to be brief becuase they were brief said expect end of week and they are behind.

Last edited:

Anyone has an opinion?

i think some people that didn't receive an alternate list yet are probably the people who are on hold and next to be accepted if people turned down their acceptances. so they wouldn't have to send you an alternate letter and then a couple of days later say you're accepted. maybeee. but good luck! pray pray pray! :)

i think some people that didn't receive an alternate list yet are probably the people who are on hold and next to be accepted if people turned down their acceptances. so they wouldn't have to send you an alternate letter and then a couple of days later say you're accepted. maybeee. but good luck! pray pray pray! :)

Thanks Eymelee, I hope what you're saying is true....I am praying...everyday! :)

Hey guys I have a quick question concerning the acceptance letter. Do they only come in email or do they send regular mail also?

Hey guys I have a quick question concerning the acceptance letter. Do they only come in email or do they send regular mail also?

So far from the past interviews, people have been getting emails first followed by snail mail.

let there be hope for the alternates (like me) ^^ prayinggg*

EDLKim,

Thanks for sharing the info you got during that call. Did you, by any chance, ask them how many people were on the Alternate list?

Anyone has an opinion?

To be honest. I have a feeling it might be an alternate letter because we have not really heard of any one on this site getting a post interview rejection, even though western counselors say they have sent out rejections .....so u should be ok.... :)

To be honest. I have a feeling it might be an alternate letter because we have not really heard of any one on this site getting a post interview rejection, even though western counselors say they have sent out rejections .....so u should be ok.... :)

Thank you for sharing your opinion. :)
I hope so. I called them again yesterday. They told me to wait until next week to receive it in the mail.

EDLKim,

Thanks for sharing the info you got during that call. Did you, by any chance, ask them how many people were on the Alternate list?

No, I did not ask the counselor how many people were on the alternate list because I knew for sure they wouldn't reveal it anyway.

let me be the first to post for receiving rejection letter. letter dated apr 8th. received apr 9th. i live in nor cal.

good luck everyone!

let me be the first to post for receiving rejection letter. letter dated apr 8th. received apr 9th. i live in nor cal.

good luck everyone!

I'm sorry.:( I hope you have gotten accepted elsewhere. I'm just wondering did you get an interview (if you are rejected post-interview)? Also, did you recently receive an alternate letter last week like most of us? Thank you. I'm just curious because I called Western and they said they don't reject alternates unless there's no available seat. So many possibilities without answers...high level of stress now.:oops:

I'm sorry.:( I hope you have gotten accepted elsewhere. I'm just wondering did you get an interview (if you are rejected post-interview)? Also, did you recently receive an alternate letter last week like most of us? Thank you. I'm just curious because I called Western and they said they don't reject alternates unless there's no available seat. So many possibilities without answers...high level of stress now.:oops:

I am wondering the same exact thing...please let us know if u were on an alternate list before the rejection letter was sent out....or I'd this pre interview rejection letter?

I hope u the best though!

Sorry for weird typing of previous post...hard to type with my blackberry..haha

But I wanted to post to say, I don't think we r going to get answers to our question because that was that persons first post and I don't think they plan on coming back :( I hope they do though :)

i'm thinking it's a pre-interview rejection because my friend said he did terrible in his interview and didn't even try because he didn't want to be there. and yet he still got put on the alternate list, which he declined. hope that helps.

i'm thinking it's a pre-interview rejection because my friend said he did terrible in his interview and didn't even try because he didn't want to be there. and yet he still got put on the alternate list, which he declined. hope that helps.

oooh that is helpful info! Thanks!!!

Is anyone interested in working as a lab technician in the research lab at Western? There's a position available. PM me if interested.
It's a very good opportunity to get to know the falcuty, master students, and build up your CV.

got an interview in feb. never receive the alternate letter.

got an interview in feb. never receive the alternate letter.

once again. you're probably one of those that are pulled off the list next so they don't want to send you a letter twice, first saying you're on the alternate list then accept you a couple days later. soo.. just wait and you'll hear good news!

once again. you're probably one of those that are pulled off the list next so they don't want to send you a letter twice, first saying you're on the alternate list then accept you a couple days later. soo.. just wait and you'll hear good news!

no this individual already posted and said that he or she got a post interview rejection. Just clarifying i believe that people have gotten post-interview rejection but those individuals do not post here on this forum. And to the person who asked if i was certain that there were 150+ on the alternate list. But i am fairly sure about 90% sure that there are that many people on the alternate list.

no this individual already posted and said that he or she got a post interview rejection. Just clarifying i believe that people have gotten post-interview rejection but those individuals do not post here on this forum. And to the person who asked if i was certain that there were 150+ on the alternate list. But i am fairly sure about 90% sure that there are that many people on the alternate list.

wow, thats alot of people on the alternate list :(

Is that including the ones that have declined their alternate status?

Last edited:

Do you know how many they're going to accept off of that list? ~30? ~60? I heard someone said they'll accept the "majority" of the waitlisters, so let's hope that's true :xf:.

Do you know how many they're going to accept off of that list? ~30? ~60? I heard someone said they'll accept the "majority" of the waitlisters, so let's hope that's true :xf:.

I really hope so :) :) :)

Thanks cheapie for replying. You have provided us with a lot of info.

So far we know that there are post-interview rejections, which make sense because Western can't have an alternate list of all interviewers who were not accepted. This narrows down the alternate list, but we still don't know how many are on it. People who were on the altnerate list from last year said the alternate list is not that long like we would imagine, so I don't know what to think of it.

Those of us who got "Alternate letters" are relatively "safe". All we have to do is wait...and wait...and wait some more...hopefully for the next available seat. Let's all cross our fingers and pray for the best. :xf::luck::xf:

Thanks cheapie for replying. You have provided us with a lot of info.

So far we know that there are post-interview rejections, which make sense because Western can't have an alternate list of all interviewers who were not accepted. This narrows down the alternate list, but we still don't know how many are on it. People who were on the altnerate list from last year said the alternate list is not that long like we would imagine, so I don't know what to think of it.

Those of us who got "Alternate letters" are relatively "safe". All we have to do is wait...and wait...and wait some more...hopefully for the next available seat. Let's all cross our fingers and pray for the best. :xf::luck::xf:

yeah, thanks for your info cheapie! It has really helped clarify alot for us.

I actually thought the same as you EDLKim, that the alternate list from last year is not as long as we think, buttttt we have to remember, they are doing alot of things differently this year...so who knows how they are doing it...but i do agree with you that all we can do is wait, and wait and wait, and just hope and pray for the best!!! :) :xf::xf::xf::)

yeah, thanks for your info cheapie! It has really helped clarify alot for us.

I actually thought the same as you EDLKim, that the alternate list from last year is not as long as we think, buttttt we have to remember, they are doing alot of things differently this year...so who knows how they are doing it...but i do agree with you that all we can do is wait, and wait and wait, and just hope and pray for the best!!! :) :xf::xf::xf::)

I HOPE SO!!!!! Thanks for all the info everyone!!!

to keep you guys updated....
Interview Dec, rejected 4/8...I was not put on an alternate list. :mad:

to keep you guys updated....
Interview Dec, rejected 4/8...I was not put on an alternate list. :mad:

hey Mike0817...I am sorry to hear that, I hope you have another school that u were accepted to!!

But I really appreciate that u provided that info for us, but I was wondering if u don't mind answering.....were u put on HOLD ever? I really really wish I had a better idea of how they go through the process :(

But like I have said before...all we can do is hope for the best!!! :xf:

sorry to hear, but i hope you hear from other schools! gL!

Thanks Eymelee and SDRx.

To answer your question, SDRx, I was put on hold couple of weeks right after my interview. I didn't received an alternate letter but I did received a rejection letter on 4/8. The selection process is varies depending on the school. Since there are roughly over 100 seats being offered, Western is very picky when it comes to choosing "hold" applicants. Anyhow, I wish everyone that is still on hold or waitlisted the best of luck!!!

Thanks Eymelee and SDRx.

To answer your question, SDRx, I was put on hold couple of weeks right after my interview. I didn't received an alternate letter but I did received a rejection letter on 4/8. The selection process is varies depending on the school. Since there are roughly over 100 seats being offered, Western is very picky when it comes to choosing "hold" applicants. Anyhow, I wish everyone that is still on hold or waitlisted the best of luck!!!

Based on your previous posts, I was quite surprised that you got rejected after applying so early and had above average gpa. Maybe it was the interview. I think you got into USN though? Good luck there.

Need help dont know what to do

I got into western and usc so now i am confused which one i should pick
everyone says that usc is very hard and they drop out and then western is much better and a relax school

which one is better and i will know for sure i will pass everything and become a pharmacist

Please help right away

thanks

everyone says that usc is very hard and they drop out and then western is much better and a relax school

which one is better and i will know for sure i will pass everything and become a pharmacist

Please help right away

thanks

well i think it's just how much effort you want to put into your studying. i believe usc is a better school than western but people have their own opinions. i think you will have to study just as hard and as much at western as you will at usc. the programs are different and i think you should make a list of pros and cons for each school to help you determine which one you want to go to.

maybe you can pm a western and usc current student or graduate student. i think Avelox(?) is a current western student and if you look at the usc forum there was someone that was a graduate that said you could pm him/her if you had any questions. hope that helps!

Please help right away

thanks

to be honest, I wouldn't even think twice...if I was accepted to USC, I would take it in a heartbeat!!! Its a WAYYY better school!!! I know alot of people that graduated from USC pharmacy school and are doing really really well....and they attribute it to USC's pharmacy program! They said its not as hard as people say it is....and I believe them! They would barely study and they did well...and not to be mean, they werent really that bright! haha

I wish I had the requirements to apply to USC or else I would have! I think whereever you go, its going to be alot of work, but USC is a better school all around!

I am not putting Western down...but I am just saying, USC is nothing close to Western....I would go to USC all the way if I were you! :)