You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2010-2011 University of Rochester Application Thread
Started by ksmi117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Hello all, I saw some were confused with the lack of updated material in the secondary, here is what their email said:
"Please note that it takes approximately 24-48 hours for the status check website to be updated after you submit your supplemental application."
Good luck to all
"Please note that it takes approximately 24-48 hours for the status check website to be updated after you submit your supplemental application."
Good luck to all
I'm not sure whether to mark the box for:
Participated in a summer research and / or enrichment program related to a career in the health professions
I'm doing biomedical bench research at my school, and it is summertime, but it seems like they might be looking for something specific.
Participated in a summer research and / or enrichment program related to a career in the health professions
I'm doing biomedical bench research at my school, and it is summertime, but it seems like they might be looking for something specific.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not sure whether to mark the box for:
Participated in a summer research and / or enrichment program related to a career in the health professions
I'm doing biomedical bench research at my school, and it is summertime, but it seems like they might be looking for something specific.
I had the same question, but I decided to mark it. They have our AMCAS application, they'll get the picture (I hope haha)!
They ask something like "were you in a research program related to the health professions?" not did you conduct science or health-related research. Since I was never part of an official program I didn't check the box.I'm not sure whether to mark the box for:
Participated in a summer research and / or enrichment program related to a career in the health professions
I'm doing biomedical bench research at my school, and it is summertime, but it seems like they might be looking for something specific.
I submitted app2 on the 19th and still have the status as saying Letter of References not received and application not complete. Anyone else have this?
Don't worry; I have this, too. They have a brand-new online system to deal with, and it would probably take them a day or two to upload LORs to the secondary even if they were perfectly familiar with the system.
I submitted app2 on the 19th and still have the status as saying Letter of References not received and application not complete. Anyone else have this?
Yeah. Since they just introduced the electronic app, I'd imagine it's just a little glitch with the system...or simply the flood of secondaries. I'm sure it'll appear green for us soon.
i just payed and the box still says its unpayed ): called the lady. she said check back tomorrow
.
Last edited:
complete on the applicant portal! still waiting for the email though.
I'm jealous 😛 They haven't uploaded my LORs to my secondary app yet, so I'm still incomplete.
I have been having similar issues. I submitted my secondary on the 19th of July and it still says that they don't have my letters. Has anyone called about this yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is the website failing for anyone else?
It did for me yesterday and now it's working perfectly. I think it's some glitch they haven't worked out since they recently went online.
so...has anyone except loua had their LORs uploaded to their secondary and had the secondary marked as complete? I've been waiting for 9 days for my LORs to be uploaded to my submitted app (btw, AMCAS has had my letters since early June). I called and talked to a really nice lady who said they had anticipated that it would only take 24-48 hours to upload the LORs for submitted secondary apps, but that the new system has been slowing them down a lot more than they expected. Just wondering if everyone else was stuck along with me, or if I am going to be really far behind now 🙁
so...has anyone except loua had their LORs uploaded to their secondary and had the secondary marked as complete? I've been waiting for 9 days for my LORs to be uploaded to my submitted app (btw, AMCAS has had my letters since early June). I called and talked to a really nice lady who said they had anticipated that it would only take 24-48 hours to upload the LORs for submitted secondary apps, but that the new system has been slowing them down a lot more than they expected. Just wondering if everyone else was stuck along with me, or if I am going to be really far behind now 🙁
I submitted my application on 07/19 and had my letters of recommendation marked as received and my application marked as complete on 07/22. I still haven't received the complete e-mail that Rochester said would be sent, though.
I submitted my application on 07/19 and had my letters of recommendation marked as received and my application marked as complete on 07/22. I still haven't received the complete e-mail that Rochester said would be sent, though.
yeah same i haven't gotten a comlpete email either. submitted 7/26, the status page says lor's received and complete.
yeah same i haven't gotten a comlpete email either. submitted 7/26, the status page says lor's received and complete.
No fair! I submitted 7/20 and my LORs haven't even been uploaded yet
No fair! I submitted 7/20 and my LORs haven't even been uploaded yet
Yeah, I sent mine in on 7/19. I know they have all my info including letters, I think it is just a matter of sorting it out. Rochester is definitely a school I am willing to wait around for.
I called the admissions office to inquire about the letter of references and the individual I spoke to said that the system is being a little slow this year and that as long as AMCAS has them, the office will receive them. She did not specify how long it will take for this to happen.
Finally my letters show as received and my app completed! I submitted it on 7/19.
School added onto AMCAS 07/26
2ndary Submitted 7/28
Letters received and app complete 7/29
... that was quick. 🙂
Don't know when the "complete" e-mail will be sent though.
2ndary Submitted 7/28
Letters received and app complete 7/29
... that was quick. 🙂
Don't know when the "complete" e-mail will be sent though.
Last edited:
interview invite via email today
Complete when LORs arrived ~Jul 25th
much needed morale boost. so pumped for U of R!
Complete when LORs arrived ~Jul 25th
much needed morale boost. so pumped for U of R!
interview invite via email today
Complete when LORs arrived ~Jul 25th
much needed morale boost. so pumped for U of R!
Congrats! What are your stats like?
3.9/36
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is anyone else applying md-phd? the supplemental MSTP application from the MSTP site doesn't work, i've been trying for a month; i get the same error everytime regardless of what browser I'm using. Let me know if it's worked for you.
Just got the email invite today! My first one so I'm super pumped! Plus I think I can get it in before school starts.
Was complete around July 22nd, but never received a complete email from them. Just the "Application is Read" sign.
Congratulations!!
Pretty quiet around here. Only one invite so far?
I just got an application complete email from Rochester. Silly me, I had thought my app was complete on 08/01 when I got all my checkmarks, including the LORs 😛
I just got an application complete email from Rochester. Silly me, I had thought my app was complete on 08/01 when I got all my checkmarks, including the LORs 😛
Same here...weird!
Just got application complete as well. I got the received secondary email on July 20, so it took a long time.
same here.
this must've been a big batch. i received the secondary on 08/06 and also received the complete email today.
come onn interview
come onn interviewI've been waiting for my application from Rochester to be complete for a couple weeks now. I submitted my secondary on 8/1/10. So I logged onto the applicant webpage today thinking maybe there was an update ... and it turns out that I never actually submitted my secondary for some reason. I filled it out, paid the fee...but I guess never submitted it😳 But now its submitted...maybe I will get a complete email soon haha!!! Oh the joys of the application process

I've been waiting for my application from Rochester to be complete for a couple weeks now. I submitted my secondary on 8/1/10. So I logged onto the applicant webpage today thinking maybe there was an update ... and it turns out that I never actually submitted my secondary for some reason. I filled it out, paid the fee...but I guess never submitted it😳 But now its submitted...maybe I will get a complete email soon haha!!! Oh the joys of the application process![]()
I did the same thing! Check your bank statement because you may have paid the fee twice. Ten days after I submitted the Roch secondary I checked the status: Not submitted, fee not paid. The money had already been taken out of my bank account, though.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an invite on the 16th as well. In case anyone is wondering, there are two essays that you should do before the interview:
1. What interests do you hope to continue or develop as you pursue your medical education at Rochester?
2. Currently, knowing you may change your mind, what medical career pathway (academic, private practice, specialty area) are you considering, and what factors have contributed to your choice?
They're supposed to be around half a page each.
1. What interests do you hope to continue or develop as you pursue your medical education at Rochester?
2. Currently, knowing you may change your mind, what medical career pathway (academic, private practice, specialty area) are you considering, and what factors have contributed to your choice?
They're supposed to be around half a page each.
I got an invite on the 16th as well. In case anyone is wondering, there are two essays that you should do before the interview:
1. What interests do you hope to continue or develop as you pursue your medical education at Rochester?
2. Currently, knowing you may change your mind, what medical career pathway (academic, private practice, specialty area) are you considering, and what factors have contributed to your choice?
They're supposed to be around half a page each.
Are those questions they are going to ask at the interview? Or do they make you write essays at the interview, like University of Buffalo?
Are those questions they are going to ask at the interview? Or do they make you write essays at the interview, like University of Buffalo?
They show up as a new tab on the secondary form. You're supposed to complete them online before the interview (I think at least a week before? Or something).
They show up as a new tab on the secondary form. You're supposed to complete them online before the interview (I think at least a week before? Or something).
But they only send you the essay once they offer you an interview, or does everyone have to answer it. I recall that the Rochester secondary had no essays.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
