-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2011-2012 University of Pennsylvania Application Thread
Started by Sammich117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Just think of it this way: In the end there will be champagne for the admitted, beer for the waitlisted, and whiskey for the rejected. Now which of those drinks sounds like a better time?
That's what I thought.
That's what I thought.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
my heart rate mimics the number of people on this thread right now. 137 people are on here...
it's a PENNdemic
LOL...
PENNdemonium!!!!
LOL...
PENNdemonium!!!!
A veritable PENNoply of SDNers..
When's it gonna hapPENN?!?
The site loads fine for me... no "down for maintenance" message.
the site loads fine for me... No "down for maintenance" message.
c-c-c-combo breaker!
The site loads fine for me... no "down for maintenance" message.
Was down for me for about an hour. Now loads fine. What does it all mean???
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My status page was down for awhile. Now it's back up with no status change.The site loads fine for me... no "down for maintenance" message.
The site loads fine for me... no "down for maintenance" message.
Okay, I think this is supposed to happen.... maybe they are done with uploading everything are just waiting to for the right moment to....
Basing this on last year, the site was up like "normal" after the maintenance.
arggghhhhh.... even more acid.....
Same here. Mine was down and is now back up with no status change.
Okay, I think this is supposed to happen.... maybe they are done with uploading everything are just waiting to for the right moment to....
Basing this on last year, the site was up like "normal" after the maintenance.
Then how much later did it switch to show status? Same day?
Okay, I think this is supposed to happen.... maybe they are done with uploading everything are just waiting to for the right moment to....
Basing this on last year, the site was up like "normal" after the maintenance.
How long afterwards were decisions released?
Maybe they are waiting for 5pm to leave the office first??? That would be smart on their part 🙂
Okay, I think this is supposed to happen.... maybe they are done with uploading everything are just waiting to for the right moment to....
Basing this on last year, the site was up like "normal" after the maintenance.
Then how much later did it switch to show status? Same day?
Same day...but I think the maintenance was at like 7 AM and decisions went out in the afternoon...
Hahaha, Penn is like the pretty girl everyone has a crush on. Every little move she makes gets over-analyzed and interpreted to death, when all she was really doing was fixing a server issue.
But seriously, when?
But seriously, when?
Maybe they are waiting for 5pm to leave the office first??? That would be smart on their part 🙂
It will all just be waiting for them tomorrow morning if that is the case....
This thread will descend into madness, just like the others. Give it time 🙂I like to come to this thread to relax. Having gone through other school's "rolling" admissions that are more akin to a carnival game than rolling admissions, it's nice to see such a civil and relaxed thread. It's very British sounding:
"I do believe that we will hear back on the 12th"
"Hmm. That or the 13th"
"Indeed"
"Email and status you suppose?"
"I can't see why not"
"Painfully good weather we're having..."
Nadaba's prescient comment coming to fruition (though, really, the odds were like 100:1 in his/her favor).
ACCEPTED.... the fact that I have to keep waiting......
Nadaba's prescient comment coming to fruition (though, really, the odds were like 100:1 in his/her favor).
I like to think of it as a rave tea party in here right now. Anybody care to pass the Earl Grey?
It will all just be waiting for them tomorrow morning if that is the case....
I'm hopeful for something in the next hour or so, but I'm an optimist (though I am expecting a rejection...).
If not, I have faith that tomorrow is the day. At the very least they said by Thursday.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We can all drink tea and look all PENNsive.
I like to think of it as a rave tea party in here right now. Anybody care to pass the Earl Grey?
I GOT IN
to yoga lately, it really helps me stay calm in stressful situations like this
to yoga lately, it really helps me stay calm in stressful situations like this
ACCEPTED.... the fact that I have to keep waiting......
such bad karma dude......soooo bad
still i wish you luck

We can all drink tea and look all PENNsive.
I'm filled with apprePENNshun.....
such bad karma dude......soooo bad
still i wish you luck![]()
Same to you... just needed some way to cut the tension.....

B
Black Knight
I'd take whiskey (preferably scotch) any day of the week. But should I be accepted, I'll definitely be having a celebratory beerJust think of it this way: In the end there will be champagne for the admitted, beer for the waitlisted, and whiskey for the rejected. Now which of those drinks sounds like a better time?
That's what I thought.
REJECTED
thoughts of calling the admissions office - I don't think that could do any good right now.
thoughts of calling the admissions office - I don't think that could do any good right now.
REJECTED
thoughts of calling the admissions office - I don't think that could do any good right now.
HAHA !! This is a nice theme we have going now....



PENN ->
<- ME
<- MENo it's 4 53. We got 7 minutes. If I worked there, I'd press the button and walk out. For good reason, I think.
Besides, it's more cathartic that way.
Besides, it's more cathartic that way.
It is officialy 5:00. Office closed. Go home everyone.
This thread seems to have a penchant for puns that I want to write down, let me go get a PENN
Wait...
Wait...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It is officialy 5:00. Office closed. Go back to your homes.
Not on the East Coast... You in Greenland or something ?
It is officialy 5:00. Office closed. Go back to your homes.
licentious use of the word 'official', friend.
a PENNchant for puns you say?This thread seems to have a penchant for puns that I want to write down, let me go get a PENN
Wait...
First year would be awesome with you guys :-D
a PENNchant for puns you say?
a PENNchant for puns you say?
Ahahaha, my original joke totally bombed, let me try again for my own sake 😛:
glad my boss left early bc I've be sPENNding a lot of time on this thread
Oooo, let me try one - this thread has a penchant for puns that I want to write down, let me go get a PENN.
Wait....
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K