-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2011-2012 University of Pennsylvania Application Thread
Started by Sammich117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
I have a MS1 friend who interviews applicants, and he told me he heard that they're coming out on the 13th this year.
I like to come to this thread to relax. Having gone through other school's "rolling" admissions that are more akin to a carnival game than rolling admissions, it's nice to see such a civil and relaxed thread. It's very British sounding:
"I do believe that we will hear back on the 12th"
"Hmm. That or the 13th"
"Indeed"
"Email and status you suppose?"
"I can't see why not"
"Painfully good weather we're having..."
"I do believe that we will hear back on the 12th"
"Hmm. That or the 13th"
"Indeed"
"Email and status you suppose?"
"I can't see why not"
"Painfully good weather we're having..."
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This thread will descend into madness, just like the others. Give it time 🙂I like to come to this thread to relax. Having gone through other school's "rolling" admissions that are more akin to a carnival game than rolling admissions, it's nice to see such a civil and relaxed thread. It's very British sounding:
"I do believe that we will hear back on the 12th"
"Hmm. That or the 13th"
"Indeed"
"Email and status you suppose?"
"I can't see why not"
"Painfully good weather we're having..."
This thread will descend into madness, just like the others. Give it time 🙂
Indeed. After all, will the March 13th decisions come at high noon, 5pm or perhaps 1:52pm like last year?

indeed. After all, will the march 13th decisions come at high noon, 5pm or perhaps 1:52pm like last year?![]()
nooooooo why did you have to mention that???????? Why?????? Oh the humanity!!!!!!
I think I remember seeing you at the Harvard and I believe Columbia threads when it all comes down. Im sure you can confirm how neurotic it becomes once decisions roll out, i.e "What is the time stamp?"...." Was is eastern/central/western time?" etc.... lol. Even though I was neurotic, I like to laugh about it looking back and all of you will see the humor in 1 week's time haha. Good luck to you all btw!Indeed. After all, will the March 13th decisions come at high noon, 5pm or perhaps 1:52pm like last year?![]()
I like to come to this thread to relax. Having gone through other school's "rolling" admissions that are more akin to a carnival game than rolling admissions, it's nice to see such a civil and relaxed thread. It's very British sounding:
"I do believe that we will hear back on the 12th"
"Hmm. That or the 13th"
"Indeed"
"Email and status you suppose?"
"I can't see why not"
"Painfully good weather we're having..."
Hahaha. I guess if we all get accepted the happy hour next year the night before interviews may transition into a tea time. maybe we'd throw in some scones, like the bri'ish do. mates.
Hahaha. I guess if we all get accepted the happy hour next year the night before interviews may transition into a tea time. maybe we'd throw in some scones, like the bri'ish do. mates.
I was really hoping it'd turn into a rave.
Hahaha. I guess if we all get accepted the happy hour next year the night before interviews may transition into a tea time. maybe we'd throw in some scones, like the bri'ish do. mates.
I was really hoping it'd turn into a rave.
Why can't it be both?
Why can't it be both?
I like where this is going. Both of you are accepted.
Why can't it be both?
How very... Mad Hatter of you. I like.
Hey guys! Does anyone know when UPenn makes merit scholarship offers? Is that something that would be in someone's acceptance letter?
Yep, merit scholarships are awarded at the time of acceptance. Good luck!
Yep, merit scholarships are awarded at the time of acceptance. Good luck!
They are? I thought they were awarded in April.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yep, merit scholarships are awarded at the time of acceptance. Good luck!
Thanks Chaushlette! I hope you're right

Yeah, I got the definite impression that they would be handed out after acceptances. Though I really could be wrong - I don't remember anything specific either way.
B
Black Knight
So...who's pumped for tomorrow?
So...who's pumped for tomorrow?
Didn't someone say they're coming out on the 13th?
B
Black Knight
One said it would be the 12th, one the 13th...and the pattern has been the second Monday of every March, so the 12th makes sense. But wouldn't be too surprised at the 13th either.Didn't someone say they're coming out on the 13th?
Last edited by a moderator:
I have a MS1 friend who interviews applicants, and he told me he heard that they're coming out on the 13th this year.
I wish this process was more transparent.
I wish this process was more transparent.
Well, the application page only promises a decision release by the 15th. I'm certainly not going to complain if they choose to release earlier than they officially state.
Thanks guys. I really appreciate the heads up about potentially hearing back tomorrow. And hear I was worried that I would lack sufficient reason to refresh SDN all day tomorrow. Thanks, really. 🙂
Thanks guys. I really appreciate the heads up about potentially hearing back tomorrow. And hear I was worried that I would lack sufficient reason to refresh SDN all day tomorrow. Thanks, really. 🙂
Yeah. Except with email and status change, it doesn't seem nearly as important to do that as with schools that mail/call. So that's a plus.
Yeah. Except with email and status change, it doesn't seem nearly as important to do that as with schools that mail/call. So that's a plus.
Unless accepted people get email/status changes first and then rejections wait-lists go out later or the next day. This was my experience at a few schools last week...
But hopefully Penn is kind and lets us all know at once!
Unless accepted people get email/status changes first and then rejections wait-lists go out later or the next day. This was my experience at a few schools last week...
But hopefully Penn is kind and lets us all know at once!
.....
.....
They seemed nice when I was there *hopeful*
.....
.....
They seemed nice when I was there *hopeful*
Looking at last year's thread it looks like decisions went up simultaneously, at least wait-lists (tiered) and rejections. Looks like they good people over at Penn.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
B
Black Knight
You should get an email saying that your status has been updated, and then you can go online and checkare we expecting status updates or emails or phone calls?
i wish i knew whether the decisions would come out today or tomorrow, so that I would only have one day of email checking paranoia.
that said, penn is awesome - good luck everyone - i hope we all get in

that said, penn is awesome - good luck everyone - i hope we all get in


That would be different from last year if true based on my experience. I don't believe most scholarships were awarded until April. I know it wasn't at acceptance time for me.
I guess it must vary then. At least some are awarded at the time of acceptance 🙂
In any case, good luck to all waiting to hear! Hope to see you on campus in April.
I'm thinking we won't hear until tomorrow. It looks like last year the supplemental app site was "down for maintenance" or something early in the morning, like 7ish, and then back up with decisions in the afternoon.i wish i knew whether the decisions would come out today or tomorrow, so that I would only have one day of email checking paranoia.
that said, penn is awesome - good luck everyone - i hope we all get in![]()
I'm thinking we won't hear until tomorrow. It looks like last year the supplemental app site was "down for maintenance" or something early in the morning, like 7ish, and then back up with decisions in the afternoon.
I like that. Probably so they have time to update everybody before anyone can check on their status, so everything is revealed at once.
had "down for maintenance" for like, 30 seconds, false alarm...
Why do you think it's a false alarm?
Last year the site was down in the morning (unknown for how long) and then decisions came out in the afternoon.
Have you given us neurotic SDNers a glimmer of hope that decisions will come out today?
EDIT: Currently says down for maintenance for me too!
B
Black Knight
Yeah same here. It might be game time. Good luck everyone!Why do you think it's a false alarm?
Last year the site was down in the morning (unknown for how long) and then decisions came out in the afternoon.
Have you given us neurotic SDNers a glimmer of hope that decisions will come out today?
EDIT: Currently says down for maintenance for me too!
Yeah same here. It might be game time. Good luck everyone!
me too... is this it??!???!?😕
B
Black Knight
Possibly. Although it's fairly late in the day already, they might just be getting it ready to release the decisions tomorrowme too... is this it??!???!?😕
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
for "scheduled maintenance" guess that means today then?Site is down +1000
Down as well....**** how am I going to concentrate today?
.
same. this is it, ladies and gentlemen! 

- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K