You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2011-2012 University of Rochester Application Thread
Started by Sammich117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry if this was already stated, but does Rochester reject post interview or do they only accept and Waitlist?
All three
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks! Do you know rough percentages of each? Although I can't imagine how anyone would lol
No, but someone said a while back they felt like it was about a third of each from their interview date. Obviously there can be variability to this.
Can any current students comment on how Rochester prepares you for USMLE step 1. I see that school ends mid-may, which is rather late compared to other schools. Does the "comprehensive assessment" and the stress and adaption block in second year allow students to have more time to study for USMLE. I am planning to matriculate here, but I wanted to see what current students said about this before I make a concrete decision. Thanks!
Can any current students comment on how Rochester prepares you for USMLE step 1. I see that school ends mid-may, which is rather late compared to other schools. Does the "comprehensive assessment" and the stress and adaption block in second year allow students to have more time to study for USMLE. I am planning to matriculate here, but I wanted to see what current students said about this before I make a concrete decision. Thanks!
You have 7 weeks from the end of school until the start of 3rd year, which is more than enough time. The stress and adaptation course is a pretty laid back course in comparison to the rest of the curriculum, so if you wanted to start studying earlier, you could. My test was 5 weeks from the end of school so I took 2 weeks of vacation before 3rd year. This was definitely plenty of time-- I did well, had no trouble getting great residency interviews, and matched to my #1 last week. My whole class actually did fabulous in the match as we had 104 matches into really great programs! There was definitely lots of happiness on Friday.
The school does not teach specifically to the boards, but you definitely still learn everything you need. I think we are well prepared (no one failed in our current 3rd year class) regardless. I appreciated the way our curriculum is run because I would have gone nuts with things being boards-centric.
As it gets later in the season, there seems to be a larger % waitlisted vs accepted, i.e. it might not be quite a third for each at this point. I could be wrong though.
Does anybody know how many usually get accepted off the waitlist? 😕
You have 7 weeks from the end of school until the start of 3rd year, which is more than enough time. The stress and adaptation course is a pretty laid back course in comparison to the rest of the curriculum, so if you wanted to start studying earlier, you could. My test was 5 weeks from the end of school so I took 2 weeks of vacation before 3rd year. This was definitely plenty of time-- I did well, had no trouble getting great residency interviews, and matched to my #1 last week. My whole class actually did fabulous in the match as we had 104 matches into really great programs! There was definitely lots of happiness on Friday.
The school does not teach specifically to the boards, but you definitely still learn everything you need. I think we are well prepared (no one failed in our current 3rd year class) regardless. I appreciated the way our curriculum is run because I would have gone nuts with things being boards-centric.
Thank you so much for the insight 🙂 I am excited to return to UR (my alma mater). Meliora! Congrats on residency!
Congrats sandstorm! I'm still waiting for the call/e-mail gah....interviewed 2/13
Congrats Sandstorm!! did you send an update letter? Im really hoping to be in you shoes one day lol![]()
No, I did not. Thanks for the congrats I'm freaking out! Good luck!!!
Is there a fb group? Or any definite attendees wanna Facebook me so we can "meet"? If so message me, and I can send you my name. Yaaaaay!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just had a thought....if someone got accepted off the waitlist NOW, does that mean basically that I have been put on the waitlist or rejected? Or am I just completely wrong with that statement?
I was wondering the same things as seyhee0919. I interviewed sometime around mid-February and they said we would hear in 6-8 weeks but if someone was accepted off the waitlist, what does that mean for us who have not heard yet?
Waitlisted and interviewed in mid-february as well
Waitlisted as well, I fell in love with the school, hoping there is some waitlist movement later on.
Interviewed early March, WL email 3/22
Join the URMC class of 2016 facebook group:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/325332670861227/
Like the page:
http://www.facebook.com/urmcmedicine2016
http://www.facebook.com/groups/325332670861227/
Like the page:
http://www.facebook.com/urmcmedicine2016
Last edited:
Hey guys this was alluded to earlier but what's the best place to live - I assume on campus would be the most convenient but how hard is it to get on campus housing? In addition, where is this white coat area? Like how are the apartments here - are they large? How many people live in each of the apartments? Appreciate any input guys
Wait listed...
Did anyone else get this email today?
Currently, our list of accepted applicants is over-subscribed. However, I am sending this email to inform you that you currently are in the top tier of Rochester's Wait List. If our admissions process unfolds as in past years, I fully expect that you will be offered an acceptance into the Class of 2016, and should hear from us by mid-May. While I cannot guarantee that you will receive an acceptance from Rochester, please know that I would not be sending you this email unless I thought you had a good chance.
Currently, our list of accepted applicants is over-subscribed. However, I am sending this email to inform you that you currently are in the top tier of Rochester's Wait List. If our admissions process unfolds as in past years, I fully expect that you will be offered an acceptance into the Class of 2016, and should hear from us by mid-May. While I cannot guarantee that you will receive an acceptance from Rochester, please know that I would not be sending you this email unless I thought you had a good chance.
Did anyone else get this email today?
Currently, our list of accepted applicants is over-subscribed. However, I am sending this email to inform you that you currently are in the top tier of Rochester's Wait List. If our admissions process unfolds as in past years, I fully expect that you will be offered an acceptance into the Class of 2016, and should hear from us by mid-May. While I cannot guarantee that you will receive an acceptance from Rochester, please know that I would not be sending you this email unless I thought you had a good chance.
Who was it from? The mdadmish email?
This sounds really familiar to a email seen on last years thread so it's probably from Dr. Hansen
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Seyhee is correct. From Dr. Hansen via the mdadmish email.
Was this email sent out after you were already notified that you were on the WL, or was this the first correspondence you received post interview?
Did anyone else get this email today?
Currently, our list of accepted applicants is over-subscribed. However, I am sending this email to inform you that you currently are in the top tier of Rochester's Wait List. If our admissions process unfolds as in past years, I fully expect that you will be offered an acceptance into the Class of 2016, and should hear from us by mid-May. While I cannot guarantee that you will receive an acceptance from Rochester, please know that I would not be sending you this email unless I thought you had a good chance.
Yes, I got one yesterday too. From mdadmish
I didn't get that email and I'm on the waitlist. I was thinking of withdrawing anyway, this seems like a sure sign I should. Best of luck to everyone else on the waitlist! 🙂
I did as well.Did anyone else get this email today?
Currently, our list of accepted applicants is over-subscribed. However, I am sending this email to inform you that you currently are in the top tier of Rochester's Wait List. If our admissions process unfolds as in past years, I fully expect that you will be offered an acceptance into the Class of 2016, and should hear from us by mid-May. While I cannot guarantee that you will receive an acceptance from Rochester, please know that I would not be sending you this email unless I thought you had a good chance.
Was this the first correspondence you received from Rochester post interview?
Was this the first correspondence you received from Rochester post interview?
No. I received the regular waitlist email back in October. Good luck everyone!
Was this the first correspondence you received from Rochester post interview?
No, this was an additional email. I received my initial waitlist email post-interview.
I did! they sent me an email like 3 weeks ago saying they received all my information and would process it. then the official letter got sent to my home.
Accepted off the Top Tier Waitlist today!!!!! Sooo grateful
Accepted off the Top Tier Waitlist today!!!!! Sooo grateful
Congratulations!!
Accepted off the Top Tier Waitlist today!!!!! Sooo grateful
Congrats! Did you send an update letter?
Congrats! Did you send an update letter?
Yes, I did! An update letter/ letter of interest. It definitely helped!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't believe it is a rank.... Remember earlier on this page, people mentioned getting a personalized email from Dr.Hansen saying they were high priority?? I believe that is what southernbelle is referring too... A lot of schools have "high priority" pools, not ranks necessarily
any word on WL movement? I suspect the high-waitlisted people would've been notified by now, and I'm aware WL movement here is slow, but for noone to comment whatsoever seems a little...odd
I got the high-waitlist email but havent heard anything yet... making me quite nervous... :/
Im sure there will be some movement though, stay positive. As a side note, the facebook group went from 73 members to 71 over the last couple days... yeah, I'm that paranoid 🙂
Im sure there will be some movement though, stay positive. As a side note, the facebook group went from 73 members to 71 over the last couple days... yeah, I'm that paranoid 🙂
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K

