2011-2012 Wayne State Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the email in my inbox, now I'm too scared to open it...I'll wait till I get home :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted today!!!!!! :love::love::love:

I interviewed December 7th, was alternate listed and ultimately accepted.

To all of you that want this with every ounce of your being-- never ever give up! Dreams really do come true!

Accepted today!!!!!! :love::love::love:

I interviewed December 7th, was alternate listed and ultimately accepted.

To all of you that want this with every ounce of your being-- never ever give up! Dreams really do come true!

Congratulations! I was placed on the alternate list today...hopefully I can join you in the entering class of 2012 :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed in late November and was deferred for two decisions dates before being accepted today. I plan to withdraw the acceptance though. Good luck to the rest of you!

Anyone know when scholarships may be awarded? I got my Pipeline login and everything so I'm assuming any scholarships would be awarded through that, but was just wondering if there is any certain time when scholarships are given.

Does anyone know if Wayne have a second look day?

We are making our final preparations for Second Look Day and wanted to let you know as soon as possible. Our Second Look Day will be held on Friday, April 13, 2012. More details will be coming in the next week or two. Thanks for your interest in our medical school.

woohooo interview invite for april!!:thumbup:
better late then never :cool:

Interviewed in November and been on the alternate list ever since...I'd like to send in an update letter. For those who already did, did you e-mail it to [email protected] or did you snail mail like our secondaries?

Hey Guys,

I'm still pre-interview and have yet to hear back from them. Should I e-mail them an update letter? it's getting very late in the game...

I received my interview for mar 26, most likely going to turn it down as I've been accepted at another school and have Canadian interviews.

Canadian, 33O, 3.97, post-bac

I received my interview for mar 26, most likely going to turn it down as I've been accepted at another school and have Canadian interviews.

Canadian, 33O, 3.97, post-bac

jawn doe when did you complete your file and when did you get the invite? congrats btw! And where are you interviewing in Canada?

Members don't see this ad :)
jawn doe when did you complete your file and when did you get the invite? congrats btw! And where are you interviewing in Canada?

I was complete a long time ago, don't remember when. Got the invite Feb 23.

Interviewing ottawa, toronto, mcgill

I got an interview invite for April. Does anyone know how full the class is? I am worried its a very late interview.

Hey Guys,

I'm still pre-interview and have yet to hear back from them. Should I e-mail them an update letter? it's getting very late in the game...
+1 in the same position.

Edit: I've actually sent a letter a while ago, and still no news.

I got an interview invite for April. Does anyone know how full the class is? I am worried its a very late interview.

I was informed that they save a fixed number of seats for each decision date so it doesn't matter too much when you were interviewed. However, I think if you were interviewed early and don't get an acceptance/rejection on your decision date, then you are still considered for subsequent decision dates and could be accepted then.

is there a difference between waitlist and alternative list? has there been anybody this year that got a waitlist?

Interviewed in November and been on the alternate list ever since...I'd like to send in an update letter. For those who already did, did you e-mail it to [email protected] or did you snail mail like our secondaries?
I would send your update via snail mail, if you have not already. It is much more personal, and in my opinion, shows that you care more.

If you happen to live nearby, walking in the update trumps all others!

Congratulations! I was placed on the alternate list today...hopefully I can join you in the entering class of 2012 :)
Thanks! I hope that you are able to join us as well.

Best of luck!!

As an M1 who sent mine with email attachments, I DISAGREE completely as I sent a few letters to wayne last year and it didn't matter whether you send it via email or snail mail.

But if you email it, you should make the letter an attachment that they can print out and add to your file. Electronically sign your name in cursive font and write it business letter format.
It's nice to hear that they are responsive to any method of sending in updates. I hand delivered my materials and I am, of course, partial to that method because I believe that it helped me with my acceptance in some way. This may not be true, but of course it's how I feel!

I guess this means that they truly are just interested in the content of your updates. So dippindots, do whatever floats your boat and best of luck!!

I had arranged the day before my interview to meet up with some current M2s (the M1s had an exam the following day so they were unavailable) that were on the student hosting list at Wayne just to get a gauge of what the student body was like, to ask questions about stuff and to generally prepare. I had gotten along so well with one of them that she wrote a letter on my behalf and gave it to admissions to put in my file. She claims that her letter wasn't the reason I got in, but I'll probably always credit her. Regardless of the letter, I was really glad to have met up with the students even though I wasn't staying with them. I was able to speak on it at my interview and I think it showed I was interested blah blah blah. I didn't write an update letter to them before acceptance but spent two acceptance cycles on the alternative list.

Well unfortunately not everyone lives in the D to hand deliver anything. :laugh: :laugh:.

And most schools are fine with emails as its more convenient anyhow. I don't think hand delivering an update had any impact on your acceptance so much as seeing something in ur file that interested them.

About updates etc., did you send them to dstreet@ or the [email protected] address? And did you get any confirmation of receipt? Thanks!

Interview invite for April 2nd! Do they still have spots open in their class?

Does anyone know if there's a link to the facebook page for the Class of 2016, or if there's even a page

Received an interview invite today! I'm scheduled for April 17th :D

Dates seem to be randomly assigned… I received an II a few weeks ago and am scheduled for April 24th. Hmm...

I got the email today that I am still wait-listed...
Had an interview in Nov and have sat through all the decision dates so far...

Anyone still on the alternates list with me?

Wait list email today as well. Just more waiting...

I got the email today that I am still wait-listed...
Had an interview in Nov and have sat through all the decision dates so far...

Anyone still on the alternates list with me?

Yeah... waitlisted here too... been on it since October

been waitlisted since december. Feel like its not going to happen :(

accepted as well, interview was on March 2nd, with a 24M

Also accepted to Wayne State! :) Can someone expand on this "second look" day? This is actually the first time I am hearing about it. I love the school, but I am currently trying to sort living arrangements which is making things quite difficult for me. I am also interested in their match results.

Also accepted to Wayne State! :) Can someone expand on this "second look" day? This is actually the first time I am hearing about it. I love the school, but I am currently trying to sort living arrangements which is making things quite difficult for me. I am also interested in their match results.

check post # 858 above. but it says april 13th :)

Is everyone who interviews and is not accepted placed on the waitlist? It seems to me like there have been 0 post interview rejections.

Is everyone who interviews and is not accepted placed on the waitlist? It seems to me like there have been 0 post interview rejections.
According to my interviewer, that is basically how it works. They don't tell anyone they interview no outright, they are placed on the wait list, though there are probably some exceptions to this.

Can someone confirm if interview invites are sent out in April? Or are all invites for April sent out in March?

Can someone confirm if interview invites are sent out in April? Or are all invites for April sent out in March?

when i interviewed last year it was sent a month in advance. However, you can call the admissions office. They are real nice there. Alternatively I can ask them later today when I take a study break.

Status
Not open for further replies.