You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 University of Hawaii Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
.............. sooooooo............... at this point in the day..... I guess it'll be next week???🙁
ahaha yeah I just came on to say that.. pretty sure we're in the clear
now I'm really going to be checking my inbox next week!!! Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So are we thinking this wednesday most likely? or is it any day now?
So are we thinking this wednesday most likely? or is it any day now?
Let's say any day this week? ... hey complete Canada, are you interviewing in Canada as well?
unfortunately not, i didnt get an interview over here
unfortunately not, i didnt get an interview over here
Ahh I'm really sorry to hear that! You know our process is such a crap-shoot/super subjective... you never know what they are looking for! Hopefully there will be good news for both of us here 😀 (annnd everyone else on this board 😉 )
lol, yeah it is such a crapshoot... just hope for the best wherever we get the opportunity!
This suspense is killing me.
This suspense is killing me.
Ditto. Hitting the refresh button on my email inbox every so often is def not a good thing
Ditto. Hitting the refresh button on my email inbox every so often is def not a good thing
Gah the tension is killer because noon in Hawaii is 5pm here; does anyone know what time the invites usually come out around??
Gah the tension is killer because noon in Hawaii is 5pm here; does anyone know what time the invites usually come out around??
hey my non-sdn friend called in today. It will not happen this week because the adcom is meeting this week. So they said next week maybe but def by the end of the month the letters will be emailed (so we will hear next week).
Ditto. Hitting the refresh button on my email inbox every so often is def not a good thing
hey my non-sdn friend called in today. It will not happen this week because the adcom is meeting this week. So they said next week maybe but def by the end of the month the letters will be emailed (so we will hear next week).
Is this the ad com meeting that decides on invites..? Or have they done that already and this is just a finalization kind of meeting? (If your friend said anything more 🙂)
the wait continues :|
Is this the ad com meeting that decides on invites..? Or have they done that already and this is just a finalization kind of meeting? (If your friend said anything more 🙂)
invites? For interviews? I'm confused...
I'm not sure what the adcom meeting is for but my friend said that they said that they still need to have one more meeting this week before any final decisions are made. Maybe they sit there and look at the top 60 people or whatever - who knows..?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is going to be a long week.
This is going to be a long week.
lol why because we gotta wait until next week? at the same time though.. at least we know that we don't have to check emails like crazy this week... 😎
invites? For interviews? I'm confused...
I'm not sure what the adcom meeting is for but my friend said that they said that they still need to have one more meeting this week before any final decisions are made. Maybe they sit there and look at the top 60 people or whatever - who knows..?
Oh sorry invites for the school (like 1 of the 64 spots available)... I guess I should've said acceptances or rejections or wait-list
annnd yesss I was talking about them sitting down and looking at the top 58 in-state and 8 out of state people and deciding when they meet or if our fates are actually already set..
............wouldn't it be great if they just surprised us on Friday hahaha.
... oops I am selectively reading in excitement lol you totally answered my question cinamin
Last edited:
I thought historically the emails are sent on the Wednesday following residency match day. The past years has been the 16th and the 21st. Are you all saying that it will not be sent until the 27th??!?! I hope this is not true!
Has anyone emailed to ask? I'm going crazy not knowing!! 😱
Has anyone emailed to ask? I'm going crazy not knowing!! 😱
Gah safe to say it's 1:30pm over there... they're probably adcoming and deciding our fates as we speak! But last week went by super quick so we can only hope this week will be the same... DOMA goes up AND Acceptances go out March 27... going to be a big news day 😀
Gah safe to say it's 1:30pm over there... they're probably adcoming and deciding our fates as we speak! But last week went by super quick so we can only hope this week will be the same... DOMA goes up AND Acceptances go out March 27... going to be a big news day 😀
Haha, I thought this post was so funny I couldn't resist replying. Wishing us all luck at JABSOM and the entire nation luck on getting rid of DOMA!
I spoke too SOON I got waitlisted!!! Out of State (Canadian) applicant!
EMAIL just came!!!!
anyone else have news to share 🙂 hopefully even better news!!
EMAIL just came!!!!
anyone else have news to share 🙂 hopefully even better news!!
Last edited:
Don't have anything as yet! When did you get the email? Has anyone else heard back as yet?
Wow sorry to hear about wait list ill be keeping an eye out for an email now thanks so much for the info
Don't have anything as yet! When did you get the email? Has anyone else heard back as yet?
Maybe that's a good thing... I don't know how many people get on the wait-list or how many get off!! My email came at 7:14pm EST (So roughly 2:14pm Hawaii Time)
My email is literally entitled "Waitlist" and my pdf is LastName_FirstName_NR_Waitlist
If anyone else knows what NR stands for that'd be awesome lol. (not rejected? hahaha)
"Please note that information as to your ranking on the wait-list and/or how many are on the wait-list or accepted off of the wait-list this year or previous years will not provided to you."
Maybe if no one else heard back, everyone else got in 👍 ?
Has anyone else gotten the email?? I promised my boy i would wait for him to open my email so I don't know if I have it or not. I want to hear good news from ppl!!
So I've been going over last years post. It seems like the waitlist people commented first suggesting that those emails went out first. Then rejection people commented and then accepted. Maybe this is the order they send out the emails?
So I've been going over last years post. It seems like the waitlist people commented first suggesting that those emails went out first. Then rejection people commented and then accepted. Maybe this is the order they send out the emails?
If that's the case, did they all come out the same day (maybe it's like an hour by hour thing, so I got my WL-email between the 2pm hour... maybe 3pm will start another wave ... I'm pretty sure the office closes around 430-5pm soooo everyone will know around then??)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Maybe that's a good thing... I don't know how many people get on the wait-list or how many get off!! My email came at 7:14pm EST (So roughly 2:14pm Hawaii Time)
My email is literally entitled "Waitlist" and my pdf is LastName_FirstName_NR_Waitlist
If anyone else knows what NR stands for that'd be awesome lol. (not rejected? hahaha)
"Please note that information as to your ranking on the wait-list and/or how many are on the wait-list or accepted off of the wait-list this year or previous years will not provided to you."
Maybe if no one else heard back, everyone else got in 👍 ?
Too be honest I know the committee is finished meeting so now I think it's just up to admin to send out the info, fingers crossed, the past few years people recieved their decesion on the Wednesday after match and with u getting ur email its only a matter of time I believe for the rest of us
I don't know if its by the hour or not. All I know is that on my forum the first "accepted" comment was at 9:27 central time. So there is still hope! (Although I could have a waitlist email at the moment and not know it lol)
I don't know if its by the hour or not. All I know is that on my forum the first "accepted" comment was at 9:27 central time. So there is still hope! (Although I could have a waitlist email at the moment and not know it lol)
Well I got rejected last year as the email was sent 439 central time so I'm doing a few hours better...although I'm not sure how much to read in this maybe it is a good sign
I hope! It seems like it started later this year. Has anyone other than the one waitlist heard? And is anyone else IS?
Has anyone else heard back as yet?
Maybe that's a good thing... I don't know how many people get on the wait-list or how many get off!! My email came at 7:14pm EST (So roughly 2:14pm Hawaii Time)
My email is literally entitled "Waitlist" and my pdf is LastName_FirstName_NR_Waitlist
If anyone else knows what NR stands for that'd be awesome lol. (not rejected? hahaha)
"Please note that information as to your ranking on the wait-list and/or how many are on the wait-list or accepted off of the wait-list this year or previous years will not provided to you."
Maybe if no one else heard back, everyone else got in 👍 ?
Pretty sure NR is nonresident
So it's getting late...anyone going back to the next week theory??
I would suppose so but why would they release only some of the decisions today?
yea, i would tend to agree with livinlavidaMCAT... if anything I would expect it by the weekend now
yea, i would tend to agree with livinlavidaMCAT... if anything I would expect it by the weekend now
I think it's strange that they only put out wait-list... and no one else? This makes no sense? Has anyone IN-State heard??
Hey guys just wondering if anyone has info on the wait list like how long it is how much movement, and if people usually get off those list
WOAH just logged on to see this massive comment action going on!!! My friend said for sure the adcom was meeting this week --- say whhaaat??
I got rejected last year on 3/21 around 230PM hawaii time....
That is strange they sent out a couple decisions as I thought it all went out at once ANNNND the lady on the phone told my friend next week..
premedgirl congrats on the wl. they can only accept 58 off the bat so wl is a great place to be!!
omgg for the rest of us waiting to hear back



I got rejected last year on 3/21 around 230PM hawaii time....
That is strange they sent out a couple decisions as I thought it all went out at once ANNNND the lady on the phone told my friend next week..
premedgirl congrats on the wl. they can only accept 58 off the bat so wl is a great place to be!!
omgg for the rest of us waiting to hear back




awe thanks cinamin!! It's scary being the only one that posted; I mean maybe they made a mistake and are like just kidding I'm rejected... but I'd be happy to post anything else for clarification!
Unfortunately for me it's not the first 58 off the bat because I'm not in-state... it's more like the first 8 off the bat... so now I'm wait-listed for one of those 8 spots 🙁 haha
Unfortunately for me it's not the first 58 off the bat because I'm not in-state... it's more like the first 8 off the bat... so now I'm wait-listed for one of those 8 spots 🙁 haha
awe thanks cinamin!! It's scary being the only one that posted; I mean maybe they made a mistake and are like just kidding I'm rejected... but I'd be happy to post anything else for clarification!
Unfortunately for me it's not the first 58 off the bat because I'm not in-state... it's more like the first 8 off the bat... so now I'm wait-listed for one of those 8 spots 🙁 haha
Ohhh I see I see sorry I missed that part about being OOS.. well that is still good because I thought I read somewhere on here that they will end up extending 24 offers for those OOS spots.. so I still think you have a good chance!!!
Hmm maybe they just sent a couple of OOS (international?) wl decisions today or maybe it will just be trickling out the next couple weeks?
I'm surprised though that one us heard back already!
Argghggg wait listed sighthe wait continues...gl to everyone else more weeks of uneasiness continues...btw I'm is
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Argghggg wait listed sighthe wait continues...gl to everyone else more weeks of uneasiness continues...btw I'm is
In-stater waitlisted as well 🙁 So tired of the waiting saga... At least its better than my rejection last year. I find it extremely weird that they only sent out the wait lists today though...
Hey guys just wondering if anyone has info on the wait list like how long it is how much movement, and if people usually get off those list
I don't know too much about the in-state list, but during my third interview I was told that the movement was not very big last year... However my friend who is a 4th year said she knows several people that got in off the list. So I guess there is still hope but can you say limbo land?!!
Yeah the fact that they give u absolutely no info about ur chances on the wait list is hard. It's pretty much make sure ur available and well let u know(in so many words). I looked at last years thread and there were a few that got accepted off the wl but idk I don't think it's asking to much for them to at least tell u were u stand on the wl. My friend got wl at a school they told him his rank and how many students were accepted off the wl last year. Well I guess all I can do is pretend like I'm rejected and maybe ill be a little less stressed lol
Argghggg wait listed sighthe wait continues...gl to everyone else more weeks of uneasiness continues...btw I'm is
wait when did you get the email? like what time hawaii time? i'm very perplexed right now. damn i hope i didn't get rejected.. ughhhhhh
also don't be bummed about wl!! if anyone wants to spend money on a us news account, it will show you the number of people accepted last year (including waitlist)!!!
wait when did you get the email? like what time hawaii time? i'm very perplexed right now. damn i hope i didn't get rejected.. ughhhhhh
also don't be bummed about wl!! if anyone wants to spend money on a us news account, it will show you the number of people accepted last year (including waitlist)!!!
what's this of a us account? lol how does this work?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K